1. Trade Jake Peavy.
2. Trade Will Middlebrooks, Garin Cecchini or Deven Marrero (or some combination of the three).
3. Trade Felix Doubront or Andrew Miller – or both.
1. If they can get something truly useful for him (like a good young outfielder), trade him. If not, hold onto him.
2. It’s always good to trade players when they have the most value. With Middlebrooks and Cecchini, that’s definitely not the case. Although Marrero has had a really good year, I suspect most teams are like me and would like to see him hit again next season or in the AFL before really investing in getting him.
3. Doubront is in a similar place to Middlebrooks and Cecchini. I’d try to reclaim some of his value before I ship him off. Miller, on the other hand, has never pitched better. For now, I’d keep him. If the team keeps playing well and is closer to the top of division near the end of the month, the Red Sox will certainly be able to use him down the stretch. If the team goes 0-6 the next week, by all means get what they can for him.
Login to Join (10 members)
Page rendered in 0.4022 seconds, 70 querie(s) executed