Go to end of page
Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.
Page 2 of 2 pages
I find Proust's ponderous omphaloskepsis to be a crashing bore.
If it's just high school we're talking about, then I was very blessed by my public school's English curriculum in this regard. My list of the BEST stuff I was assigned in high school:
- Hamlet (I'd have read it anyway, but still maybe my single favorite piece of literature of all time - ignited my love affair with Shakespeare...can still quote damn near the entire thing from memory)
- As I Lay Dying (maybe a close second?)
- To The Lighthouse (WOW was this impressive)
- Death In Venice
- Wittgenstein's Mistress
- Madame Bovary
- Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man
- A Doll House
- Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead
Those were all from junior & senior years of HS.
You read Wittgenstein's Mistress on assignment in high school, Esoteric? Where? I'm going to send my kid there.
You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.
Login to Join (9 members)
Page rendered in 0.4588 seconds, 57 querie(s) executed