You are here > Home

Jim Furtado
Founder & Publisher

Featured

SABR46 Recap
  by Mike Webber

By Mike Webber

SABR 46 in Miami will always be remembered as the year we had “The Greatest Ballpark Experience of All-Time”.  We’ve had good seats before at SABR conventions, but this year we were 40 rows from the field, between home plate and the first base dugout.  The Cardinals pounded ...

Posted: August 08, 2016 at 08:47 AM
The Morning Call: L.V. IronPigs: Chris Truby continues down unconventional path
  by Greg Franklin

Catching up with an unconventional Primer legend who is now the Phillies’ roving minor league infield coordinator.

Whether he’s working with prospects in Reading, Lehigh Valley or Clearwater, or back home in Indiana at a baseball facility, all Truby wants to do is be around the game.

“I love the ...

Posted: July 31, 2016 at 01:03 PM
SABR 46 Convention in Miami
  by Foghorn Leghorn

Pregame ballpark session/tour: SABR 46 attendees will have a special opportunity to visit Marlins Park for an exclusive pregame ballpark session with Miami Marlins executives and players, including Barry Bonds, Don Mattingly, Andre Dawson, Tony Perez, and ESPN’s Eduardo Perez. Before the Marlins ...

Posted: June 29, 2016 at 12:18 PM
The Dombrowski Method
  by Jose Remains The Most Absurd Thing on the Site

When I watch baseball I always like to think about why teams do something.  I would rather figure out why Jonny Gomes starts over Daniel Nava than complain that the manager is a moron or why Josh Reddick gets traded for Andrew Bailey than whine about the GM.  That’s not to say that I never voice ...

Posted: June 13, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Most Meritorious Player: 1993 Ballot
  by DL from MN

For 1993, each voter should rank the top 14 players from all leagues combined.

Balloting is scheduled to close at 4pm EDT on 1 June 2016.

Anyone can vote, even if you do not normally participate in Hall of Merit discussions. If have never participated in an MMP election, just post a preliminary ...

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 04:38 PM
Screw the Closer
  by Moses Taylor, sex fowler

I’ve seen a couple of joking references to this on Twitter during various games, so I found it pretty amusing the Cubs actively talk about it:

Chicago Cubs hitters really mean no offense to their closer, Hector Rondon. They simply want to add on runs and win baseball games without a nail-biting ...

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 12:10 PM
As I Was Saying…
  by Moses Taylor, sex fowler

Where were we…oh, that’s right.  It’s good to be back.  My goal is to have something up at least once a week, but I’m sure we’ll have plenty to talk about this year.

Since the last post on this blog, appropriately titled “I Am Fine with This”, a lot has happened.  And then it’s been rehashed, and ...

Posted: May 05, 2016 at 09:45 AM
We Still Know Nothin’
  by Jose Remains The Most Absurd Thing on the Site

No I didn’t go anywhere, why do you ask?

So the Sox are a couple weeks into the season and so far…I don’t think we know anything particularly new.  When the season began I felt this was an 83-79, third place team.  I like the offense but I had concerns about a few of the down order hitters and I ...

Posted: April 21, 2016 at 11:59 AM
2016 New York City Softball Game
  by Shooty is obsessed with the latest hoodie

Looks like it will be August 20th this year.

Posted: April 01, 2016 at 09:33 AM
The Top 175 MLB Prospects for 2016 - Minor League Ball
  by Jim Furtado

Edit: The linked spreadsheet should be useful if you have a minor league draft coming up.

John Sickel’s Top 150. It came out a few days after my simulation league’s minor league draft so it didn’t help me this year. If you haven’t had your draft yet check it out. Also, here’s an Excel sheet of ...

Posted: March 30, 2016 at 08:43 AM

ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick

Bookmarks

You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.

NewsblogOMNICHATTER 8-30-16
(82 - 12:08am, Aug 31)
Last: zonk

NewsblogOTP 2016 August 29: Minor-league team offers Trump, Clinton bobbleheads with real hair
(493 - 12:07am, Aug 31)
Last: Manny Coon

NewsblogTexas Rangers: Banister: Darvish is 'more relaxed and more connected' as he knocks Mariners down the standings | SportsDay
(5 - 12:03am, Aug 31)
Last: Srul Itza

NewsblogThe four contenders in AL’s cutthroat MVP race
(44 - 11:30pm, Aug 30)
Last: Ardo

NewsblogSanchez Fastest In MLB History To 11 HRs
(88 - 11:17pm, Aug 30)
Last: ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick

NewsblogTim Tebow to display baseball skills in tryout | MLB.com
(41 - 11:16pm, Aug 30)
Last: AROM

NewsblogCleveland Indians come home with chance to pump up fans and stop doubts -- Terry Pluto | cleveland.com
(12 - 11:11pm, Aug 30)

Last: PASTE does not get put on waivers in August

NewsblogOMNICHATTER 8-29-16
(363 - 7:43pm, Aug 30)
Last: Jose Remains The Most Absurd Thing on the Site

NewsblogOT Gaming: October 2015
(526 - 6:34pm, Aug 30)
Last: He who brought the butter dish to Balshazar (CoB)

NewsblogRed Sox roll past Rays behind Betts, Porcello | MLB.com