Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Notes in a Minor Key > Discussion

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. joker24 Posted: September 01, 2006 at 03:47 PM (#2164658)
"Unfortunately for Mr. Scherzer, if I was a scout and had gotten to see him only the one time that the video itself shows, I would've given him the same marks as I did."

(Not trying to be condescending) Which would be why even top 10 round talent always gets scouted over and over, one game means almost nothing.

I know watching the Supers on ESPN that he returned to form, hitting 98 working 3-5 with ridiculous fasball command.
   102. ChadBradfordWannabe Posted: September 04, 2006 at 04:26 PM (#2167164)
Which would be why even top 10 round talent always gets scouted over and over, one game means almost nothing.

Oh yeah, we are in complete agreement here. A guy that highly rated would obviously get scouted again and again. Again, I stand by what my initial report on him was. Again, it sucks that it was one video's worth.

I have watched his video a few more times and he does this thing that I like after release that shows the effort that he puts into it that I neglected a bit in my first few views of the video.
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
JPWF13
for his generous support.