Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

2014 ALL-STAR GAME OMNICHATTER

The “Hopefully The DNS Server Connections At Our Houses Are Fixed or Something” All-Star OMNICHATTER

NL: Adam Wainwright
AL: Felix Hernandez
Target Field

7:30 PM ET (game won’t actually start until 8 PM at the absolute earliest, because of festivities and FOX)

Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:56 AM | 416 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: omnichatter

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 1 of 5 pages  1 2 3 4 5 > 
   1. boteman Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:02 PM (#4750746)
Does it count this time???
   2. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:08 PM (#4750756)
   3. Davo's Favorite Tacos Are Moose Tacos Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:20 PM (#4750771)
Some reasons why I'm excited for the All-Star game:

* I have never seen a full Jose Abreu plate appearance.

* I have never seen a full Kyle Seager plate appearance.

* I have never seen a full Michael Brantley plate appearance, and know nothing at all about what type of player he might be.

* I know nothing about Devin Mesoraco.

*I know nothing about Charlie Blackmon.

* I’ve still never seen Masahiro Tanaka pitch an inning. Nor Alfredo Simon. Nor Julio Teheran.
   4. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:24 PM (#4750778)
Does it count this time???
STARTING LINEUPS
American League
1) Jeter, SS

Apparently not.
   5. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:34 PM (#4750793)
STARTING LINEUPS
American League
1) Jeter, SS

If you're going to be saddled with the Jeter Fellatio Tour on your ASG roster, you might as well bat him first, hope he gets a single, and then pinch run for him immediately with a good player. Assuming you're playing to win. Gets the 'crowd loves Derek Jeter' moment, then gets him out of the game before he can really torpedo your chances. He's not getting more than two at bats anyway.
   6. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:38 PM (#4750805)
Checklist will depend on if I'm able to log on on my home computer with the dns issues we've been having
   7. dr. scott Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:43 PM (#4750810)
* I’ve still never seen Masahiro Tanaka pitch an inning.

you may be waiting quite awhile for that one...
   8. Ziggy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:46 PM (#4750814)
Okay Dozier, let me fill you in.

Michael Brantley is to baseball as the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man is to sugary confection cartoon mascots. That is, he is the only one that has ever exploded all over New York City in a mid-80's blockbuster starring Bill Murray. Expect much stomping and stepping-on of cars, but he will not be allowed to wear his sailor's suit. (Selig says that it violates the sanctity of the all star game.)

Devin Mesoraco is an Italian sports car. Why it has been named to the national league all-star team is a mystery.

Charlie Blackmon is an innovative chef who is bringing farm-to-table dining to downtown Denver at his new Charlie B-stro. Early reviews were very positive, but there is doubt among local foodies that it really has staying power. Michael Cuddyer is expected to return to the restaurant scene later this season, at which point many expect the B-stro to fight with Corey Dickerson's C-Dick Bar and Grill for customers.
   9. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:56 PM (#4750829)
If you're going to be saddled with the Jeter Fellatio Tour on your ASG roster, you might as well bat him first, hope he gets a single, and then pinch run for him immediately with a good player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wainwright groove an 86 mph meatball on the 2nd or 3rd pitch in the hopes that Jeter can muscle it over the wall.

What I'd really like to see is for him to play the whole game, go 0-4 in a losing effort with maybe a GIDP and couple of slow rollers past him into LF, then have the Twitterati vote him MVP anyway.
   10. boteman Posted: July 15, 2014 at 02:57 PM (#4750833)
Why would anyone expect to see full plate appearances during the All-Star Game??

You do realize that the majority of the broadcast will be spent interviewing players in the dugout, on the sidelines, fans in the stands, DEREK JETER!!!!11!!1!1, local broadcast teams, etc. The game is secondary, even if it does count.
   11. Davo's Favorite Tacos Are Moose Tacos Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:09 PM (#4750857)
#10-- Yeah. And I realize it's going to be even worse than usual this year with the Jeter thing (I'm already dreading the moment when he goes out to shortstop to start the 5th inning, only for Farrell to send in Alexei Ramirez to take his place so he can walk off to one final standing ovation).

But still...I'm getting older, I have a kid now, and I'm starting to lose my handle on who a lot of the younger stars are--most of these guys I know only by their statistics. I like to have at least some sort of image in my head when I read my baseball stuff.
   12. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:14 PM (#4750863)
I'm getting older, I have a kid now, and I'm starting to lose my handle on who a lot of the younger stars are--most of these guys I know only by their statistics. I like to have at least some sort of image in my head when I read my baseball stuff.

There are 10 or more 2014 AllStars I've never heard of before. I assume all of them can't be middle relievers from also-ran teams. Like, the first baseman from the A's? I guess that guy's good or something, right? Moss something? Never heard of him before this game.
   13. morineko Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:49 PM (#4750911)
For all the talk that the ASG is outmoded now that MLB.TV exists, and interleague is happening all the time, and there are nationally televised games on regular cable at least 5 days a week, this thread is really showing that baseball fans mostly just watch their team and may or may not know the other players in their team's league.
   14. eddieot Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:50 PM (#4750913)
Production details:

Pregame: (7:30 PM ET on FOX) Kevin Burkhardt, Frank Thomas, Gabe Kapler.
Booth: Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds, Tom verducci
Field: Erin Andrews, Robothal

National Anthem: Idina Menzel
Canadian National Anthem: Minnesota Orchestra Brass Quintet
God Bless America: Joe Nichols

Production enhancements planned for use during the 85th MLB All-Star Game:

SideTrax
New to MLB on FOX coverage and this year’s All-Star arsenal is SideTrax from Hawkeye Technology. True to its moniker, SideTrax graphically presents the pitched baseball as it travels through the strike zone from a side perspective and also offers a view of the ball as it sails through a virtual 3D strike zone that appears suspended over home plate.

Diamond Cam
First deployed in 2005 in standard definition, Diamond Cam returns to the All-Star Game this year, but for the first time in crystal-clear HD. The camera, using a specially-crafted prism not much larger than a few grains of infield soil, is positioned in-ground in front of home plate and creates striking images via wireless, radio frequency transmission.

N-Cam
An optical tracking technology that is also new to the All-Star Game, N-Cam creates the appearance of 3D graphics in the real environment and has been used in FOX Sports’ studio production since 2013, Super Bowl XLVIII and during SpeedWeeks in the 2014 Daytona 500.

FOX Super Zoom 4K Cameras
Introduced in 2012, 4K “Super Zoom” cameras produce pictures with five times the resolution of normal HD cameras and capture action at 120 frames-per-second. The resulting detail is remarkable with the ability to zoom into an area of interest with incredible detail.

Phantom Cameras
Ranging from 2,000-3,000 frames per second, the “FOX Phantom Cam” famously captured San Francisco Giants batter Hunter Pence’s “three-hit” swing in Game 7 of the 2012 National League Championship Series. The slowed-down video showed Pence’s cracked bat strike the ball three times en route to a three-run double. FOX’s two Phantom Cams are located along the first and third base camera wells.

X-MO Cameras
Three “X-MO” cameras are located at centerfield and halfway down the baselines of first and third. These specialty cameras shoot at up to 400 frames-per-second.

Super-Mo Camera
FOX’s “Super Mo” camera is positioned in centerfield and shoots up to 540 frames-per-second

FOX Home Run Tracker
Previously used during MLB on FOX postseason coverage in 2012 and 2013, the FOX Home Run Tracker will be used in replays to graphically represent the trajectory of a batted ball’s travel and measure its distance.
   15. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:56 PM (#4750924)
For all the talk that the ASG is outmoded now that MLB.TV exists, and interleague is happening all the time, and there are nationally televised games on regular cable at least 5 days a week, this thread is really showing that baseball fans mostly just watch their team and may or may not know the other players in their team's league.

I cop to that entirely. Outside of the major superstars - Miggy, Trout, etc - I don't know much of anyone in the AL. I found that quitting fantasy baseball 10 years ago completely undermined any desire I had to keep up with players outside of the NL.
   16. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:59 PM (#4750929)
Booth: Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds, Tom verducci

Yup, this'll do.
   17. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: July 15, 2014 at 03:59 PM (#4750930)
Production enhancements planned for use during the 85th MLB All-Star Game:

X-MO Cameras
Super-Mo Camera

I'm surprised FOX isn't employing the Mo Rivera Camera so we can all enjoy in real time what Mariano Rivera thinks about the game as it unfolds. Anything to distract from the game taking place on the field.

Instead of these increasingly intrusive pointless camera views, I'd like to see what I recently saw for the first time on a game on the MLB Network and I hope becomes a fixture of future games.... a small graphic of the field in the top right corner of the screen with red dots showing where the defense was positioned. BRILLIANT!
   18. Fred Lynn Nolan Ryan Sweeney Agonistes Posted: July 15, 2014 at 04:18 PM (#4750943)
God Bless America: Joe Nichols

!
I love this song.
   19. toratoratora Posted: July 15, 2014 at 04:39 PM (#4750969)
Play fantasy baseball. Nothing has done more to keep me up to date with modern players.
For a long time I could recite every WS champ/MVP/CYA?rOY till about 85 but things got hazy after that.
Now, playing fantasy, I not only am fully up to speed with all the modern star players, but I know more about third and fourth relievers than I ever did.
Seriously. Every player on these teams has crossed my fantasy radar at some point in the season. Some of them (Simon, Teheran) I've streamed until others snagged them, others such as Frazier and Dozier I picked up. It's all kinds of awesome re keeping me in the game
   20. Nasty Nate Posted: July 15, 2014 at 04:55 PM (#4750987)
but I know more about third and fourth relievers than I ever did.

It's true. I know who people like Ken Giles, Zach Putnam, and JJ Hoover are because of fantasy.
   21. Crispix reaches boiling point with lackluster play Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:21 PM (#4751021)
The All-Star Game is TODAY? That means the Home Run Derby was yesterday. I didn't even notice when the Home Run Derby participants were announced, and now it's over. This has thrown me for a loop.

Didn't we have like a 400-post Home Run Derby thread last year? What's happened to this site? I blame the World Cup.

Even so, I'm proud to say I've heard of all 950 All-Stars, except Tony Watson.
   22. Ray (RDP) Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:22 PM (#4751023)
The Jeter coverage tonight will be vomit-inducing.
   23. Davo's Favorite Tacos Are Moose Tacos Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:27 PM (#4751038)
Idina Menzel doing the Star Spangled Banner means I have a good shot of getting my wife to watch the first inning with me. Huzzah!
   24. Misirlou's been working for the drug squad Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:33 PM (#4751045)
The Jeter coverage tonight will be vomit-inducing.

If Jeter so much as avoids striking out on three straight pitches every AB, he will be the MVP.
   25. deputydrew Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:45 PM (#4751061)
Play fantasy baseball.

Close. But it should be "Play Strat-O-Matic"...
   26. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:54 PM (#4751074)
The All-Star Game is TODAY? That means the Home Run Derby was yesterday. I didn't even notice when the Home Run Derby participants were announced, and now it's over. This has thrown me for a loop.

Didn't we have like a 400-post Home Run Derby thread last year? What's happened to this site? I blame the World Cup.

Crispix, the site was down for a lot of people yesterday and for much of today as well.

Anyway... IT'S TIME TO TAKE CHECKLIST ITEMS. What I've got so far (once the game starts, this will be only once a page, with the exception of the end of the game- also this is for the game broadcast itself starting from the last time they go into the booth leading up to first pitch, so if Idina Menzel sings a song about Ted Williams hitting the Eephus, that doesn't count):

Web Gem [ ]
Dramatic HR in the 7th inning or later [ ]
TOOTBLAN (Thrown out on the bases like a nincompoop) [ ]
Uggla-esque play (the ASG version of Conradian) [ ]
Play at the plate [ ]
Stolen Base [ ]
Caught Stealing [ ]
Gratuitous non-ad NFL reference [ ]
Adam Jones does something crazy [ ]
Mike Trout does something awesome [ ]
Classic All-Star Moment flashbacks or reference: Ruth hits first HR [ ] Hubbell strikes out 5 HOFers in a row [ ] Williams whacks the Eephus pitch [ ] Stan Musial's Walk-off [ ] Rose runs over Fosse [ ] Reggie hits the light tower [ ] Williams at Fenway in '99 [ ] Ripken plays short in 2001 [ ] Torii Hunter robs Barry Bonds [ ] 15 innings in 2008 [ ] Mariano's Farewell [ ]
Star of a FOX show is shown in the stands [ ]
Replay review [ ]
Blown call [ ]
An advanced statistic is referenced [ ]
Someone visits the booth [ ]
Joe Mauer sighting [ ]
Puig Puigs something [ ]
World Cup reference [ ]
Pat Neshek story is told [ ]

27. Willie Mayspedester Posted: July 15, 2014 at 05:58 PM (#4751079)
Mention of how many A's there are this year [ ] Who are these guys? [ ] Someone on the A's does something good [ ]
Jeter does something good :) [ ] Jeter does something bad :( [ ]
   28. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:05 PM (#4751083)
[ ] Gratuitous Mariano Rivera mention
   29. Davo's Favorite Tacos Are Moose Tacos Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:08 PM (#4751089)
Please tell me they're using the regular season Instant Replay Challenge rules for the All-Star game.
   30. boteman Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:32 PM (#4751113)
Gamingboy, you learned in OMNICHATTER 101 that checkboxes go on the left so they line up nicely and are easy to scan with the (potentially drunk) eye.

We're cracking down this year. You'll be suspended from Thursday's OMNICHATTER. I hope this teaches you a lesson, mister.
   31. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:43 PM (#4751118)
Okay, here we go, is this better?

[ ] Web Gem
[ ] Dramatic HR in the 7th Inning or Later
[ ] TOOTBLAN
[ ] Uggla-Esque Play (ASG Conradian)
[ ] Play at the Plate
[ ] Stolen Base
[ ] Caught Stealing
[ ] Gratuitous non-ad NFL reference
[ ] Adam Jones does something crazy
[ ] Mike Trout does something awesome
Classic All-Star Moment flashbacks or reference: Ruth hits first HR [ ] Hubbell strikes out 5 HOFers in a row [ ] Williams whacks the Eephus pitch [ ] Stan Musial's Walk-off [ ] Rose runs over Fosse [ ] Reggie hits the light tower [ ] Williams at Fenway in '99 [ ] Ripken plays short in 2001 [ ] Torii Hunter robs Barry Bonds [ ] 15 innings in 2008 [ ] Mariano's Farewell [ ]
[ ] FOX star shown in stands
[ ] Replay Review
[ ] Blown Call (Blown Call determines Home Field [ ])
[ ] Advanced Stat Referenced
[ ] Booth Visit
[ ] Joe Mauer Sighting
[ ] Puig Puigs
[ ] World Cup Reference
[ ] Pat Neshek Story
[ ] Mention of all the of the A's
[ ] "Who are these guys?"
[ ] A's player does something good
[ ] Jeter does something good
[ ] Jeter does something bad
[ ] STANTON DINGER
[ ] Idiot runs on field
[ ] Wainwright/Kershaw conundrum mentioned
[ ] Strike Out of Side
[ ] 1-2-3-4-5-6 inning (both top and bottom are 1-2-3)
Minnesota Twin greats referenced: Killebrew [ ] Carew [ ] KIRRRBBBY PUCKETT [ ] Blyleven [ ] Oliva [ ] Hrbek [ ] Kaat [ ]
[ ] Jack Buck referenced
[ ] Food is talked about
[ ] Game is decided by a player with little to no chance of actually being in the playoffs
[ ] Cuban Influx mentioned
[ ] Tribute to Tony Gwynn
   32. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:52 PM (#4751120)
Minnesota Twin greats referenced:

[ ] "Jack Morris should be a Hall of Famer."
   33. What did Billy Ripken have against ElRoy Face? Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:55 PM (#4751123)
Some reasons why I'm excited for the All-Star game:

* I have never seen a full Jose Abreu plate appearance.

* I have never seen a full Kyle Seager plate appearance.

* I have never seen a full Michael Brantley plate appearance, and know nothing at all about what type of player he might be.

* I know nothing about Devin Mesoraco.

*I know nothing about Charlie Blackmon.

* I’ve still never seen Masahiro Tanaka pitch an inning. Nor Alfredo Simon. Nor Julio Teheran.

Get head out of spreadsheet in Mom's basement, watch a game, yada yada yada.
   34. esseff Posted: July 15, 2014 at 06:56 PM (#4751125)
Wait, I thought Adele Dazeem was supposed to sing the anthem.
   35. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:10 PM (#4751134)
The best thing about MLBN is they actually like baseball. The discussion with Smoltz and Morris was a lot of fun.
   36. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:37 PM (#4751153)
HAROLD REYNOLDS INTERVIEW WITH DEREK JETER! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES
   37. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:41 PM (#4751156)
Baseball needs Derek Jeters. I think bemoaning his existence and the coverage of same is to severely misunderstand humanity.

Holy #### that's Kevin Burkhardt! Nice gig, Kevin, well done. Even if you bore me, good on you.
   38. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:45 PM (#4751160)
Guardians of the Galaxy preview! I approve!
   39. The Yankee Clapper Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:47 PM (#4751161)

More properly known as a "Jeterian Moment".
   40. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:47 PM (#4751162)
I may miss it. That last preview was incredible. Space opera via Marvel is a dream come true.
   41. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:50 PM (#4751164)
Poor Samardzija.
   42. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:50 PM (#4751166)
Wait, Huston Street? Wha? That... is unexpected.
   43. Davo's Favorite Tacos Are Moose Tacos Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:51 PM (#4751167)
Can I get my prediction locked in?

I will go NL 2, AL 0.
   44. KronicFatigue Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:51 PM (#4751168)
As a kid, I always wondered how they'd deal with a recently-traded all-star. Color me underwhelmed.
   45. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:51 PM (#4751169)
Also, Daniel Murphy knew he was going to get no applause, he basically was saying let's get on with it.
   46. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:53 PM (#4751171)
Invasion of Hipster Beards in Oakland. I blame Shooty.
   47. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:53 PM (#4751172)
As a kid, I always wondered how they'd deal with a recently-traded all-star. Color me underwhelmed.

They should have let him start. For BOTH TEAMS. Pitch the top of the first for Oakland. Pitch the bottom of the first for Chicago. Wear one of those camo jerseys they all trot out on "let's dress up like the military" days so no one can see him.
   48. Willie Mayspedester Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:54 PM (#4751174)
Samardzija should get to play for the AL. If the Cubs already gave up on the season let the other side use him.
   49. KronicFatigue Posted: July 15, 2014 at 07:57 PM (#4751176)
They should have let him start. For BOTH TEAMS.

I could get behind that. Would have a schoolyard "pitch for your own side" vibe to it.

Would they have treated it the same way if it wasn't for "THIS TIME IT COUNTS!!"?
   50. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:01 PM (#4751177)
So, this year, instead of volunteers or soldiers, it's teachers. Next year: Police officers and Firefighters. Year after that: Doctors. Year after that: Veterinarians.
   51. Joey B. has reignited his October #Natitude Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:02 PM (#4751179)
Baseball now striving hard to reach that coveted younger demographic with a pregame song by... Bob Dylan.
   52. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:02 PM (#4751180)

Baseball now striving hard to reach that coveted younger demographic with a pregame song by... Bob Dylan.

Yeah, but Idina Menzel reaches the under-10 girls demographic.
   53. salvomania Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:03 PM (#4751182)
WTF is this pregame song? Who are they honoring? People Magazine's All-Star Teachers???

Why can't this just be about baseball???
   54. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:06 PM (#4751184)
So, this year, instead of volunteers or soldiers, it's teachers.

Teaching the youth of America obviously pales in comparison to blowing up foreigners.
   55. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:08 PM (#4751190)
Watching someone sing the anthem without sound is interesting. Man she practically unhinged her jaw there.
   56. frannyzoo Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:09 PM (#4751191)
The ASG is the Chicago College All-Star Game of 2014. It should already be dead. It will be dead by 2020 or so. Yeah, that might be wishful thinking.
   57. The John Wetland Memorial Death (CoB) Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:09 PM (#4751192)
WTF is this pregame song?

Seriously, I made it about 10 seconds before going for the mute button.
   58. frannyzoo Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:09 PM (#4751193)
The ASG is the Chicago College All-Star Game of 2014. It should already be dead. It will be dead by 2020 or so. Yeah, that might be wishful thinking.
   59. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:09 PM (#4751194)
I think Let it Go was a brilliant vocal performance.

I think this Star-Spangled Banner sucks.
   60. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:10 PM (#4751198)
Dude, in 2020 they are going to have a pre-game honoring of the great garbagemen who collect our ####.
   61. Fred Lynn Nolan Ryan Sweeney Agonistes Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:12 PM (#4751199)
That was one (more) horse#### SSB. AIN'T NOBODY THERE TO SEE YOU, IDINA MENZEL
   62. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:16 PM (#4751200)
Gotham is going to either a great little shard of the DC multiverse or will be a complete turd.
   63. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:17 PM (#4751202)
Okay, here we go folks:

CHECKLIST:

[ ] Web Gem
[ ] Dramatic HR in the 7th Inning or Later
[ ] TOOTBLAN
[ ] Uggla-Esque Play (ASG Conradian)
[ ] Play at the Plate
[ ] Stolen Base
[ ] Caught Stealing
[ ] Gratuitous non-ad NFL reference
[ ] Adam Jones does something crazy
[ ] Mike Trout does something awesome
[ ] FOX star shown in stands
[ ] Replay Review
[ ] Blown Call (Blown Call determines Home Field [ ])
[ ] Advanced Stat Referenced
[ ] Booth Visit
[ ] Joe Mauer Sighting
[ ] Puig Puigs
[ ] World Cup Reference
[ ] Pat Neshek Story
[ ] Mention of all the of the A's
[ ] "Who are these guys?"
[ ] A's player does something good
[ ] Jeter does something bad
[ ] STANTON DINGER
[ ] Idiot runs on field
[ ] Wainwright/Kershaw conundrum mentioned
[ ] Strike Out of Side
[ ] 1-2-3-4-5-6 inning (both top and bottom are 1-2-3)
Minnesota Twin greats referenced: Killebrew [ ] Carew [ ] KIRRRBBBY PUCKETT [ ] Blyleven [ ] Oliva [ ] Hrbek [ ] Kaat [ ]
[ ] Jack Buck referenced
[ ] Food is talked about
[ ] Game is decided by a player with little to no chance of actually being in the playoffs
[ ] Cuban Influx mentioned
[ ] Tribute to Tony Gwynn
[ ] BOB DAVIDSON CALLS A BALK
   64. Joey B. has reignited his October #Natitude Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:20 PM (#4751203)
Let's go NL and help get my Nats home field in the World Series.
   65. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:20 PM (#4751204)
Who says he can't move to his left!
   66. King Berenger Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:21 PM (#4751205)
I can't believe they're actually wearing those two-tone hats for the actual game. Ugh. It's a little disgraceful.
   67. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:21 PM (#4751206)
JETER ACTUALLY GOT A BALL HIT TO HIS LEFT.
   68. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:21 PM (#4751210)
Thank god he was safe.
   69. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:23 PM (#4751211)
Carew [X] (AND OLIVA)
   70. Dan Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:23 PM (#4751212)
Is it my cable provider's compression creating artifacts or is FOX's HD camera sub-par?
   71. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:23 PM (#4751213)
See here's where no sound is the way to go. I would've enjoyed Jeter getting the out there but I wouldn't have to listen to the ball washing.
   72. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:24 PM (#4751214)
Stolen Base [X]
   73. SouthSideRyan Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:25 PM (#4751215)
Man, if Rod Carew wasn't somebody you'd define as a singles hitter, then who is?
   74. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:26 PM (#4751216)

Man, if Rod Carew wasn't somebody you'd define as a singles hitter, then who is?

Ichiro when he wants to be.
   75. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:28 PM (#4751217)
Ok, the Padre mascot looking for a hat in that Jeter commercial is pretty funny.
   76. The elusive Robert Denby Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:28 PM (#4751218)
Yeah, well I have re-EIGHT-pect for Derek Jeter!
   77. Howie Menckel Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:29 PM (#4751219)

@KeithOlbermann: Jeter's last #ASG and they made him wear a hat that makes him look like he's selling ice cream out of a truck.

78. Joey B. has reignited his October #Natitude Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:30 PM (#4751221)
Nice gesture by Target Field to use Bob Sheppard.
   79. Eric J can SABER all he wants to Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:30 PM (#4751222)
Ok, the Padre mascot looking for a hat in that Jeter commercial is pretty funny.

I also enjoyed Mr. Met's face being blurred out.
   80. cardsfanboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:30 PM (#4751223)
Don't care what anyone says, that ovation for Jeter was awesome.
   81. #6bid is partially elite Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:30 PM (#4751224)
I'm gonna need to do a lot of drinking to erase the memory of that RE2PECT commercial and whatever that freaking robot cartoon was.
   82. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:30 PM (#4751225)
Where Chan Ho Park when you need him?
   83. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM (#4751226)
Jeter does something good [X]
   84. SouthSideRyan Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM (#4751227)
God bless that lone Twins fan.
   85. Davo's Favorite Tacos Are Moose Tacos Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM (#4751228)
Jeter locks up the MVP!
   86. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM (#4751229)
Hee. Ok, he got a double, but someone got in their OVER RATED chant. Hear it?
   87. Into the Void Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:32 PM (#4751230)
Yeah, I heard that too.
   88. Jolly Old St. Nick Is A Jolly Old St. Crip Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:32 PM (#4751231)
Go on and admit it, that was a great moment.
   89. The elusive Robert Denby Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:32 PM (#4751232)
Yes, Harold. Mike Trout is trying to move the runner over.
   90. SouthSideRyan Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:33 PM (#4751233)
At least this game wasn't in St. Louis, my TV would definitely be shattered on the street right now with the self-congratulatory 18 minute ovation for Jeter before the first pitch.
   91. Gamingboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:34 PM (#4751235)
Trout does something awesome [X]
   92. Eric J can SABER all he wants to Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:34 PM (#4751236)
Yes, Harold. Mike Trout is trying to move the runner over.

Does that count?
   93. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:34 PM (#4751237)
That Trout guy ain't bad.
   94. Joey B. has reignited his October #Natitude Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:35 PM (#4751238)
That's what you get for not starting Kershaw Matheny, you f*cking d*ckhead.
   95. cardsfanboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:35 PM (#4751239)
I'm gonna need to do a lot of drinking to erase the memory of that RE2PECT commercial and whatever that freaking robot cartoon was.

Here is Deadspin's take on that commercial.
   96. The Yankee Clapper Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:35 PM (#4751240)
With the double, Jeter is now hitting .462 in the All-Star Game for his career.
   97. Lassus Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:35 PM (#4751241)
#62: Turd. And it will by association drag down what hear are an awesome Arrow and upcoming Flash.
   98. Koot Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:35 PM (#4751242)
The "overrated" chant was awesome. Can't stand the Jeter hype, but I smiled when he doubled during the chant.
   99. cardsfanboy Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:36 PM (#4751244)
That's what you get for not starting Kershaw Matheny, you f*cking d*ckhead.

Yep, can't believe he started the guy with the better era+, better record and 40 more innings, the nerve of that guy.
   100. madvillain Posted: July 15, 2014 at 08:36 PM (#4751245)
With the double, Jeter is now hitting .462 in the All-Star Game for his career.

Thank you Yankee Clapper Bot.
Page 1 of 5 pages  1 2 3 4 5 > 

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
JE (Jason)
for his generous support.