Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Saturday, June 14, 2014

6-14-2014 OMNICHATTER (w/College World Series OMNICHATTER)

In addition to MLB games, today is also the first day of the College World Series:

3 PM- UC Irvine vs. Texas (ESPN2)

8 PM- Louisville vs. Vanderbilt (ESPN2)

CHATTER UP!

Gamingboy Posted: June 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM | 103 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: omnichatter

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Jim (jimmuscomp) Posted: June 15, 2014 at 01:21 AM (#4726466)
I stopped following the LAA/ATL game when it was 5-5 as my heart can only take so much. I was entering my final grades into my spread sheet - my final "final grades" until March of 2015 as I am going on sabbatical (yay!) - and I just looked on the net to see who won and was amazed that the Halos pulled it out.

I can't quite get my head about how they could/should configure the bullpen for optimal performance. Guys like Smith and Morin could close, I guess with Bedrosian, Salas, Frieri and Jepsen setting up but man if that isn't uninspiring.

What really irks me is that this is the window. Right now. Trout in his unreal phase, Pujols is tolerable, Hamilton is above-average, some good bit players in Calhoun, Conger/Iannetta/Howie/Aybar, Weaver and Wilson throwing well still, Richards breaking out. I mean, it's pretty much a short shelf-life they have here - 2014-2016 if they are lucky. If EVER you try to compile a group of lights out relievers....last offseason was the time.

I really hope the pen can get it together because this could be a good team in the playoffs if they can protect a lead - because they will get leads.
   102. Snowboy Posted: June 15, 2014 at 01:26 AM (#4726467)
Josh Donaldson tossed from the game in between innings.
He made the second out in the inning on a foul pop, then decided to pop out again and have a word with the home plate ump. 0 for his last 30 or something? Day game tmr? Maybe he decided he wanted to hit the hay early.
   103. Mike Emeigh Posted: June 15, 2014 at 07:41 AM (#4726475)
Vandy takes down Louisville. Kyle Funkhouser looks very little like a potential top-10 draft pick for 2015. You can see the raw talent but he has to figure out where it's going sooner and make adjustments. (Or like just about every other top prospect...sharpen his command and learn when to use his secondary pitches.)

-- MWE
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Vegas Watch
for his generous support.