Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Friday, November 09, 2012

Braves Journal: Where Do We Go From Here? 2012.2 The Post-Chipper Offense

So, I wrote this thing for the guys over at Mac’s old Braves Journal haunts…

The Interdimensional Council of Rickey!'s Posted: November 09, 2012 at 10:25 AM | 6 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: braves, predictions

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. The Interdimensional Council of Rickey!'s Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:27 AM (#4298833)
Pin to Hot Topics Bar...
   2. DA Baracus Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:55 AM (#4298862)
Your Prado/Fransisco/Gattis plan could work, but I'm not high on bouncing a player around the field like that. Players like consistency. However Prado is a player who could pull it off.

Prado to 3B full time.
Actual LF in LF. (As I've said before, I'd do Uggla for Soriano without hesitation.)
Uggla in a box on Memorial.
CF, I don't know. I'd like to re-sign Bourn but I don't see it happening. I will be stunned if they sign Hamilton, big free agents isn't Wren's way, even with a ton of money off the books. I'd rather they trade for someone young(ish). But who's available?
   3. aberg Posted: November 09, 2012 at 12:44 PM (#4298920)
Denard Span might be available for something like Delgado or Minor. Strength for Strength trade.
   4. The Interdimensional Council of Rickey!'s Posted: November 09, 2012 at 12:52 PM (#4298931)
Denard Span might be available for something like Delgado or Minor. Strength for Strength trade.

Span solves CF (and you'd have to chip in a minor prospect to get Minor or Delgado.) He doesn't solve the LF/3B tango. Now, if you wanted to make it bigger and send over Span & Willingham, that would get you your pick of Minor/Delgado and something else thrown in to even it out, I'm sure.)
   5. DA Baracus Posted: November 09, 2012 at 01:01 PM (#4298943)
I'd do Span for Delgado. A known nothing special for an unknown nothing special. Minor, I'd have to think about. I don't trust his 2nd half but if the changes in his game the broadcasters said he made are legit (I don't spend anytime thinking about Mike Minor so I don't know how legit their claims are), I think I would prefer to keep him.
   6. The Yankee Clapper Posted: November 09, 2012 at 01:58 PM (#4299029)
Still too much treacle, self-pity and sentiment. And hope.

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Randy Jones
for his generous support.