Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Thursday, January 23, 2014

HOF:Cap Selections Announced for Hall of Fame Plaques for Class of 2014 Inductees

:
Tony La Russa
....t’s the totality of the success of each of those three teams that led me to Cooperstown, so I am choosing to not feature a logo so that fans of all clubs can celebrate this honor with me…....

Greg Maddux
“My wife Kathy and I grew up in baseball in Chicago, and then we had just an amazing experience in Atlanta with the Braves. It’s impossible for me to choose one of those teams for my Hall of Fame plaque, as the fans of both clubs in each of those cities were so wonderful. I can’t think of having my Hall of Fame induction without support of both of those fan bases, so, for that reason, the cap on my Hall of Fame plaque will not feature a logo.”

the others are pretty much what you’d expect

Pasta-diving Jeter (jmac66) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 04:45 PM | 64 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: hall of fame

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. Joe OBrien Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:07 PM (#4645268)
No controversies here. I think Maddux was the only one who wasn't a no brainer, and I think he made the right choice.
   2. Monty Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:13 PM (#4645277)
It’s impossible for me to choose one of those teams for my Hall of Fame plaque, as the fans of both clubs in each of those cities were so wonderful.

That seems like the correct thing to say in this situation.
   3. PASTE Thinks This Trout Kid Might Be OK (Zeth) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:14 PM (#4645279)
Ugh. What a cop-out.
   4. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:17 PM (#4645283)
Would Cubs fans really be upset if Maddux went in as a Brave.

I mean, he only had one vintage Maddux season in Chicago, vs 9 in Atlanta.
   5. SoSH U at work Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:23 PM (#4645289)
He should have gone in as a Dodger.

Worst cap choices of the 2014 inductees:
Maddux Dodgers
Glavine - Mets
Frank Thomas - Blue Jays
TLR - Cubs
Joe Torre - Mets
Bobby Cox - Yankees
   6. Sweatpants Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:30 PM (#4645293)
Maddux not having the Braves logo on his cap annoys me more than it should. His time with the Braves would have been enough for a Hall of Fame career by itself.
   7. The Yankee Clapper Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:30 PM (#4645294)
LaRussa: White Sox, 8 years, .506 Win %; A's, 10 years, .542 Win %; Cardinals, 16 years, .544 Win %.
Maddux: Cubs, 133 Wins, .543 Win %, 33.8 WAR; Braves, 194 Wins, .688 Win %, 66 WAR.

Seems like in both instances one team contributed a lot more to the Hall of Fame case than the other option(s). Is the Hall going back on its stance that the cap selection is an issue of historical accuracy rather than honoree preference? Does it matter that the honorees are selecting an option that they are not personally profiting by?
   8. RoyalsRetro (AG#1F) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:43 PM (#4645302)
THE ONLY LOGO MADDUX SHOULD HAVE ON HIS CAP IS A DOLLAR SIGN
   9. Weeks T. Olive Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:48 PM (#4645307)
As a Cubs fan and a big Maddux fan in general, I didn't even think there would be a question that he would go in with an Atlanta cap.

I mean, it's a nice nod to the Cubs, I guess, but I don't think there would have been any outcry or controversy whatsoever.
   10. Best Regards, President of Comfort, Esq. Posted: January 23, 2014 at 05:50 PM (#4645308)
I mean, it's a nice nod to the Cubs

I'm amused by the thought that a good way to honor having played with the Cubs is to not wear their logo on your cap. ;-)
   11. Comic Strip Person Posted: January 23, 2014 at 06:07 PM (#4645321)
As a Cub fan, I would have understood him wearing a Braves cap, but it would have made my heart a little sad. Not unlike his going to the Braves. When the Braves signed Maddux, it was already obvious that he was special. I told my brother that playing for a real organization, I expected Maddux to take a real run at Walter Johnson's win total.

I loved Maddux as a pitcher, and his willingness to at least nod in the direction of the organization where his greatness began just made me love him more.
   12. villageidiom Posted: January 23, 2014 at 06:16 PM (#4645326)
Is the Hall going back on its stance that the cap selection is an issue of historical accuracy rather than honoree preference?
It is ultimately the Hall of Fame's choice what to display on the cap, or even to picture a cap on the plaque at all. It doesn't surprise me that they ask for honoree preference, nor that they generally abide by that preference because, after all, the preference often aligns with historical accuracy.

Had Maddux stated a preference for a Dodgers cap, they would have shot it down.
   13. Dr. Vaux Posted: January 23, 2014 at 06:21 PM (#4645332)
Now that a precedent has apparently been set, I expect that logoless plaques will become more common, since most great players do have great years for multiple teams. Players like Dave Winfield and Reggie Jackson may have gone logoless if it had been an option in the past, for example. Mike Piazza might when he finally goes in.

Did the Hall overrule Andre Dawson's desire to have a Cubs logo, or did I imagine that?
   14. bunyon Posted: January 23, 2014 at 06:28 PM (#4645343)
Okay, but did they decide if he would be wearing his glasses on the plaque?
   15. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: January 23, 2014 at 06:39 PM (#4645350)
Mike Piazza might when he finally goes in.

The best player in the history of the Marlins franchise should have their logo in his HoF cap.
   16. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 06:45 PM (#4645359)
Oh, man! I just realized that if John Olerud made it into the Hall, he'd be wearing a batting helmet on his plaque!

Thwt's almost enough reason to vote for him by itself, right there.
   17. PreservedFish Posted: January 23, 2014 at 07:06 PM (#4645368)
#16 - agreed.
   18. SoSH U at work Posted: January 23, 2014 at 07:22 PM (#4645372)
Players like Dave Winfield and Reggie Jackson may have gone logoless if it had been an option in the past, for example.

Catfish went in sans logo, so it was something they could have considered.
   19. Robert in Manhattan Beach Posted: January 23, 2014 at 07:27 PM (#4645374)
Wow, what a slap in the face to the Braves.
   20. Joyful Calculus Instructor Posted: January 23, 2014 at 07:29 PM (#4645375)
Did the Hall overrule Andre Dawson's desire to have a Cubs logo, or did I imagine that?

Wrong Expo. It was Gary Carter who got denied the Mets logo he wanted.
   21. Pasta-diving Jeter (jmac66) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 07:30 PM (#4645376)
Players like Dave Winfield and Reggie Jackson may have gone logoless if it had been an option in the past, for example.

Catfish went in sans logo, so it was something they could have considered.

this guy could have learned them his experiences
   22. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: January 23, 2014 at 07:44 PM (#4645382)
It was widely reported that Wade Boggs asked for a Tampa Bay cap on his plaque, in accordance with bonus language in his last contract.
   23. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 08:17 PM (#4645388)
I'm surprised by Maddux -- he had that great year on the North Side, but he was everything that was anything about those Braves squads (viz, classy, smart, faintly nondescript as a personality, and magnificent) -- but LaRussa seems like exactly the guy who the "no logo" idea was invented for. He managed excellent teams with great pedigrees that played in both leagues, he did it for about the same amount of time with each team and with about the same amount of success.

I actually think this is a a fun game for the offseason, because it pulls in diverse schools of thought and is essentially irresoluble: look at the guys who were on the ballot this year, and the guys who are coming up over the next few years. Whose hats do they wear, and why? I know some guys are gonna wanna go by straight most-WAR-where determinations, but this is one of the ways in which the HoF is least like HoM.

So here's my list, given this year's inductees and guys who are liable to make it in the next few years (not comprehensive, obvs, and ignoring one-team guys):

Maddux & Glavine: Braves. The ice-cold heart of what could have been the greatest dynasty since the 50s Stinkees, given a few different breaks.
F Thomas: White Sox, obvs. When I was 12-13, which was the height of my childhood baseball mania, I had this superstitious belief that the Hurt would hit a home run in his next at bat after I turned on WGN.
Piazza: Dodgers. Piazza was a northeastern guy who was the anchor of some good Mets teams, but he was a magical player in his years in LA in a way that he never was in NYC.
R Clemens: Leave us ignore the roids, just for the sake of discussion, and it seems like the Red Sox are the obvious team for his cap. He was, to borrow a bit of doggerel from Mr James, a "staff ace on loan" after leaving Boston, no matter how good he might have been in Toronto or Houston.
C Schilling: This is one of those where the Fame wins out over the Merit. I'd but Curt in with a Diamondbacks cap, though he's a good candidate for "no logo", given that he excelled for three different teams. Next choice would be Phils.
Mussina: Moose's very best year might have been his first year in the Bronx, but it also might have been his second year in Charm City. Given that he was a homegrown ace in Baltimore and a hired gun in NYC, I'd give him an O's cap, though he's another decent candidate for a logoless cap, given that he won a WS and 20 games in NY and neither in MD.
Randy Johnson: The sentimentalist in me wants to say it's an M's cap all the way, given that he played in Seattle more than anywhere else and it was there that he became RANDY JOHNSON. But the fact is that Randy Johnson wasn't RANDY JOHNSON in Seattle for any longer than he was in Phoenix, and he doesn't have the monster seasons, the Cy Youngs, or the WS title to show for his time in the best part of America. Reluctantly, I would give RJ a D'backs cap.
P Martinez: Red Sox, obvs. In a fairer world, he'd probably be Montreal's greatest player ever.
Sheff: No logo was invented for Sheff. So was not making the Hall of Fame because you're a dick. And so was being underrated because you played for like a gozillion teams.

And the first person who suggests that Junior should go in as anything other than a Mariner is going to learn what it's like to be shot with death rays through the internet.
   24. SoSH U at work Posted: January 23, 2014 at 08:33 PM (#4645396)
given that he won a WS and 20 games in NY and neither in MD.

Mussina's NY tenure fell in between their WS titles.

I'd put a Phils hat on Schilling. Otherwise, I'm in agreement with your picks.

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to choose on Sheffield (I'm not sure why it would be that important to you, but I'll play along), I guess it would actually be Florida (most games and seasons, solid performance, WS title).
   25. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: January 23, 2014 at 08:38 PM (#4645397)
Wow, what a slap in the face to the Braves.

Only in the fevered minds of irrational fans. Dude was pretty clear on his rationale, and it included "growing up" in baseball in the Cubs org. That counts. It's not something fans think of, but players certainly have good or bad memories of their minor league years too. The HOF induction is to honor the player, Greg Maddux, not the organization(s) he played for. This in no way detracts from his time in Atlanta, his accomplishments while there, or the franchise's excellence during his tenure there.
   26. ursus arctos Posted: January 23, 2014 at 09:00 PM (#4645408)
But WHICH Mariners' cap?

And will it be on backwards?
   27. PASTE Thinks This Trout Kid Might Be OK (Zeth) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 09:47 PM (#4645414)
I'm pretty sure that logoless caps will very quickly become the standard, with exceptions made only in a very few obvious cases (Chipper, Jeter, Rivera).
   28. PreservedFish Posted: January 23, 2014 at 09:54 PM (#4645416)
Am I odd for identifying La Russa with the A's more than I do with the Cardinals? His time was shorter there, and perhaps he was better in St. Louis, but Oakland is where La Russa became a managing star.
   29. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: January 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM (#4645419)
Am I odd for identifying La Russa with the A's more than I do with the Cardinals? His time was shorter there, and perhaps he was better in St. Louis, but Oakland is where La Russa became a managing star.

TLR should have a hat with a big needle as the logo.
   30. God Posted: January 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM (#4645421)
Who has the worst cap selection among current Hall of Famers? Reggie with the Yankees isn't a great choice but I can see the argument for it. Same with Nolan Ryan on the Rangers. Those places weren't where they played the best, but it was where they were the most famous.

I can't come up with anything worse than Jimmie Foxx and Lefty Grove who both have Red Sox caps on. There's really no defense for that.
   31. Rickey! trades in sheep and threats Posted: January 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM (#4645425)
Who has the worst cap selection among current Hall of Famers?

All of them? It's 2014. Install some ####### interactive touchscreens for ####'s sake!
   32. Ray (RDP) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM (#4645427)
LaRussa to me is an Athletic. Though I starting watching baseball in October 1986, so his time with the A's resonates with me. I'm kind of shocked that he had 16 years in STL vs. only 10 years in OAK.

The Maddux - Cubs decision is silly, and the Hall ought not honor such ridiculousness.
   33. Barnaby Jones Posted: January 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM (#4645432)
As a Braves fan, this stings. I mean, I get it, but it stings.
   34. greenback calls it soccer Posted: January 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM (#4645440)
TLR should have two or three logos. You would have to wait five minutes for them to change, and people standing on the left side of the plaque would see something different from people standing on the right side of the plaque. </obligatory>
   35. Jarrod HypnerotomachiaPoliphili(Teddy F. Ballgame) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM (#4645444)
And will it be on backwards?

Lord, I hope so.
   36. Howie Menckel Posted: January 23, 2014 at 11:15 PM (#4645445)

Am I the only one who doesn't get the "cap thing" even a little bit?

and I've BEEN to Cooperstown and seen the plaques, and still I don't care.

we're inducting the player, not the headcover.

37. Jarrod HypnerotomachiaPoliphili(Teddy F. Ballgame) Posted: January 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM (#4645447)
Well, it's interesting to talk about, and it would certainly be weird if the baseball hall of fame featured images of capless players.

I just read the linked article, by the way, and the statements of choice are really definitive. It sounds as if they weren't made before Cooperstown signed off on them.
   38. the Hugh Jorgan returns Posted: January 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM (#4645454)
Who has the worst cap selection among current Hall of Famers? Reggie with the Yankees isn't a great choice but I can see the argument for it. Same with Nolan Ryan on the Rangers. Those places weren't where they played the best, but it was where they were the most famous.

Uh really. Maybe because I'm old and lived in SoCal in the 70's, but Ryan's years as an Angel are far more prominent to me then his years as a Ranger.
   39. Comic Strip Person Posted: January 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM (#4645461)
The Chicago tribune article on this notes that 128 of the 300 people in the Hall do not have logos on their plaques.
   40. Cuban X Senators Posted: January 24, 2014 at 01:02 AM (#4645467)
In another "players just aren't as tough as they used to be" - didn't Catfish go blank to spite two owners, instead of so as not to offend anyone?
   41. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: January 24, 2014 at 01:24 AM (#4645469)
The Chicago tribune article on this notes that 128 of the 300 people in the Hall do not have logos on their plaques.

Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful! Disgraceful!
   42. Ivan Grushenko of Hong Kong Posted: January 24, 2014 at 02:11 AM (#4645476)
Torre seems like he should have had no logo if any of these guys should have. LaRussa should probably be a Cardinal but he did play for Oakland in addition to managing them so I can see some attachment to the A's. I'd have forced a logo on them like the HOM does.
   43. God Posted: January 24, 2014 at 03:20 AM (#4645480)
The whole blank-cap thing is really dumb. I understand the reasoning behind it, but aesthetically it just makes those plaques look awful.
   44. Pat Rapper's Delight Posted: January 24, 2014 at 03:45 AM (#4645481)
TLR should have two or three logos. You would have to wait five minutes for them to change, and people standing on the left side of the plaque would see something different from people standing on the right side of the plaque.

Furthermore, the best logo only comes on at the end of the cycle and for the shortest amount of time.
   45. BDC Posted: January 24, 2014 at 09:30 AM (#4645506)
I didn't even remember that Ryan had a Rangers cap on his logo. It makes more sense now than it did when the plaque went up.
   46. bookbook Posted: January 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM (#4645527)
In his heart, Griffey was always a Red, it doesn't matter what's on his forehead, er, back of his head, his heart is stamped with Red Stockings through and through.
   47. RoyalsRetro (AG#1F) Posted: January 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM (#4645542)
Uh really. Maybe because I'm old and lived in SoCal in the 70's, but Ryan's years as an Angel are far more prominent to me then his years as a Ranger.

See, I consider him an Astro. The Rangers thing I thought was the very end of his career.

It was widely reported that Wade Boggs asked for a Tampa Bay cap on his plaque, in accordance with bonus language in his last contract.

I want to say Andre Dawson had a similar provision with the Marlins.
   48. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: January 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM (#4645543)
Get ready for the death rays, buddy.
   49. cardsfanboy Posted: January 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM (#4645556)

I'm a Cardinal fan and I identify TLR with Oakland oftentimes, he was never fully embraced by the city, never moved to St Louis, so never really felt like a Cardinal.

And I'm shocked by Sam's relative passivity on this. I understand Maddux's point of view, but I'm sorry, he is a Brave and should be treated as such. He was barely Maddux as a Cub.
   50. Greg Pope thinks the Cubs are reeking havoc Posted: January 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM (#4645565)
Another Cubs fan here who is surprised by this. I never thought he'd go in as anything but a Brave.
   51. CFiJ Posted: January 24, 2014 at 12:55 PM (#4645649)
Another Cubs fan who thought he'd go in as a Brave and made his peace with it.

I can see why Atlanta fans might be miffed, but regardless of what logo will be on the gruesome caricature lost in uncanny valley that the HOF passes off as the likeness of its inductees, the writing on the plaque will be almost all Braves. 10 division championships, 3 pennants, and 1 World Championship, all with Atlanta. At best the Cubs will get, "Played 23 seasons with the Braves, Cubs, Dodgers, and Padres."
   52. deputydrew Posted: January 24, 2014 at 01:19 PM (#4645674)
Ignoring the other issues, which hats should ARod and McGwire wear?
   53. Swoboda is freedom Posted: January 24, 2014 at 01:25 PM (#4645685)
Oh, man! I just realized that if John Olerud made it into the Hall, he'd be wearing a batting helmet on his plaque!

Thwt's almost enough reason to vote for him by itself, right there.

Only if his plaque is next to Rickey Henderson's.
   54. Ivan Grushenko of Hong Kong Posted: January 24, 2014 at 01:33 PM (#4645697)
Ignoring the other issues, which hats should ARod and McGwire wear?

Yankees and A's.
   55. Robert in Manhattan Beach Posted: January 24, 2014 at 01:44 PM (#4645714)
As a Braves fan, this stings. I mean, I get it, but it stings

Yeah. It suggests some bitterness with his time in Atlanta (or more likely how his time ended) that I didn't know existed.

Or maybe he thinks there is some chance that Javy Lopez is getting in and doesn't want to risk further association.
   56. CFBF Is A Golden Spider Duck Posted: January 24, 2014 at 02:38 PM (#4645781)
Or, maybe, we can take Maddux at his word and assume that he loved Chicago, was grateful to the Cubs for being his original organization and didn't want to be seen as taking a shot at either them or the organization where he spent a decade as one of the greatest pitchers in the history of the game. That would seem to be the simplest, most reasonable and generous reading of Maddux's thoughts here, as opposed to finding some dark hints of unspoken and un-rumored conflict between Maddux and the Braves.

Of course, I would say that, as I'm a Greg Maddux fan. Robert has spent the last decade or so bitterly complaining about the horror of having to deal with Greg Maddux on his favorite team, so we clearly come to this from different POVs.
   57. Blackadder Posted: January 24, 2014 at 03:15 PM (#4645821)
Here's a tough one: assuming you believe the defensive numbers, what hat does Adrian Beltre wear?
   58. Barry`s_Lazy_Boy Posted: January 24, 2014 at 03:28 PM (#4645831)
Maddux spent 9 years of his career a Cub, 11 as a Brave. For fans, most of his success was in Atlanta, but he lived a large chunk of his life with both franchises.
   59. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: January 24, 2014 at 04:11 PM (#4645875)
regardless of what logo will be on the gruesome caricature lost in uncanny valley that the HOF passes off as the likeness of its inductees

I'd suggest that we divert this thread into an "ugliest/least recognizable bronze image" hunt, but we'd be trapped here all winter.
   60. Pasta-diving Jeter (jmac66) Posted: January 24, 2014 at 04:19 PM (#4645883)
I'd suggest that we divert this thread into an "ugliest/least recognizable bronze image" hunt, but we'd be trapped here all winter.

I don't think so--the Stan Musial statue wins the exacta for:
1. ugliness
2. not looking a goddam thing like its subject
   61. spike Posted: January 24, 2014 at 06:25 PM (#4645974)
As a Braves fan, this stings. I mean, I get it, but it stings.

QFT.

The real question is will Cox and Glavine refuse to play catch with him during the induction ceremony.
   62. Ivan Grushenko of Hong Kong Posted: January 24, 2014 at 08:30 PM (#4646008)
Here's a tough one: assuming you believe the defensive numbers, what hat does Adrian Beltre wear?

Dodgers
   63. tfbg9 Posted: January 24, 2014 at 08:44 PM (#4646011)
"Who has the worst cap selection among current Hall of Famers?"

IIRC, Boggs entered the Hall as a Devil Ray. For money.
   64. SoSH U at work Posted: January 24, 2014 at 09:23 PM (#4646021)
IIRC, Boggs entered the Hall as a Devil Ray. For money.

No, that was the reported plan. But it was the word of this deal, on top of previous issues (I think there was some dispute over Winfield's choice, I believe), that led the Hall to determine that it would have final say on what cap would be on the plaque. In Wade's case, it's a Red Sox cap.

They will allow the players to state a preference, but they will veto if they don't feel it's a proper representation (Carter wanted to go in as a Met. Dawson also preferred a Cubs cap, but wasn't as vocal about it. Both are in under the inexplicable elb logo).

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Forsch 10 From Navarone (Dayn)
for his generous support.