Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

N.Y. Post: A-ROD HITS STRIP JOINT WITH TORONTO BABE (RR)

BAD STRIP JOINT, BAD!

Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez stepped up to the plate with a mysterious, busty blonde in Toronto, as these intimate, exclusive photos reveal.

The cozy duo dined with two pals at a pricey steakhouse late Sunday night, then headed to a glitzy strip club before making their way to his hotel, where the pair ducked into an elevator and headed upstairs just after midnight.

...Home to what one Web site calls, “Toronto’s most beautiful all-nude dancers,” the Brass Rail is known for its booming sound system, overflowing crowds, overpriced beers and $20 lap dances - a drop in the bucket for Rodriguez, who has a 10-year contract worth $252 million.

Rodriguez and the blonde spent an hour or so at the Brass Rail, the witness said.

Thanks to Was Watching...indeed!

Repoz Posted: May 30, 2007 at 01:56 PM | 156 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: blue jays, yankees

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Traderdave Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:08 PM (#2384668)
I don't find strip clubs appealing. Then again, I don't understand the appeal of replica jerseys, video/online games or Las Vegas, which seems to leave me at odds with 98.5 percent of the rest of the adult male population these days.

Right there with ya on Vegas. I can think of few places I like less.
   102. Gamingboy Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:14 PM (#2384673)
No doubt that this will be the scene that puts the "2007 New York Yankees: Fall of a Dynasty" mini-series on HBO.
   103. Ivan Grushenko of Hong Kong Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:15 PM (#2384677)
FWIW Hong Kong strip clubs are fronts for prostitution. Continue chatting all.
   104. the Rod Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:16 PM (#2384678)
The Rod don't really understand why everbody gettin' their panties in a bunch over this. Everybody knows: it ain't cheatin' if you're in another country. Lots o' rules ain't apply in Canada: like the ones about marital fidelity, and marijuana possession, and drunk driving, and not robbing convenience stores if you forget your wallet.

Now, the Rod admits, he sometimes does get busy with some b*tches when he's still on American soil. But he always buys Mrs. Rod some expensive #### afterwards to make up for it. Well, he at least thinks about it. Well, he at least usually feels bad. Well...you know what, she's married to the Rod, she can deal with it. It's not like the Rod don't try to protect her. It's not like he does it in the same room with her. Well, not unless he's pretty sure she's asleep. Hey--anybody who got the money and the looks that the Rod got, then you can judge the Rod. Hmmm...the Rod don't see any hands goin' up.

But, anyway, all bets are off in Canada. That's why the Rod likes goin' to Toronto. And Detroit--the Rod means, it's so close to Canada, the Rod figues all the Canadian rules ought apply there. And Seattle--well, that used to be part of Canada, right? And Boston--well, you got to go north to get there, it's kind of like goin' to Canada. And Baltimore--that team that used to play in Canada moved to Washington, which is right next to Baltimore, the whole damn region's got kind of a Canadian feel to it. And Tampa Bay--well, that ain't really Canada, but they's a lot of b*tches in bikinis in Florida, so the Rod makes an exception to his strict codes of moral conduct when he go down there.
   105. CrosbyBird Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:36 PM (#2384714)
I wish Alex Rodriguez had the public personality of "the Rod." He would be the most interesting player in baseball.
   106. Spahn Insane Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:40 PM (#2384722)
Oh come all ye faithful?

*spews coffee*
   107. Spahn Insane Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:42 PM (#2384723)
But ARod always chokes in the clutch situations.

In Soviet Russia, clutch situations choke your ARod.
   108. Spahn Insane Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:43 PM (#2384725)
What is wrong with me expecting my gf to take her close off and dance whenever I wave a 20 at her?

Hell, mine does that, and I don't pay her shite.
   109. Spahn Insane Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:44 PM (#2384726)
It's all good fun until somebody loses an eye.

John's on a roll today. Even moreso than usual.
   110. Spahn Insane Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:46 PM (#2384729)
Right there with ya on Vegas. I can think of few places I like less.

I've been to Vegas once, and I'm glad I went (had a reasonably good time, and I think warts and all it's worth seeing once), but honestly, I have no desire to go back there.
   111. Mark S. is bored Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:47 PM (#2384732)
I went to a strip club twice during my freshman year at university. I was part of a group of guys, and after the second visit we pretty much agreed that:

1) The women aren't all that attractive.
2) The food/drink is expensive.
3) There are some really creepy guys that go to the club, and we don't want to become them.

In one of my previous jobs, there was a group of 4-6 guys who would go to strip clubs on a semi-regular basis (5-10 times per year). I got a bunch of stories out of them.

The creepiest was the guy who was in the club waiting for the others to show up and the waitress showed up with a beer that he hadn't ordered. He thought it was good service until the waitress pointed out the guy that bought it for him.

The funniest was when a guy who lived on the east side of town went to the west-side strip club for the first time. He kept asking questions about it and was excited to go for the first time. When the group walked in, one of the strippers walked up to him and said "Hi! Great to see you again". After the usual ribbing about whether or not it was his first time in the club, he found out that the stripper remembered him from the east-side club.
   112. CrosbyBird Posted: May 30, 2007 at 07:51 PM (#2384742)
Ever been in a strip club on a weekday during lunch? I'd imagine that's an experience.

There's a really crappy strip club near the place I got my first job and the group of trainees from the 6-7 month program (guys and girls) were talking about going to celebrate "graduation" for lunch, but it never happened.
   113. DCW3 Posted: May 30, 2007 at 08:01 PM (#2384757)
Ever been in a strip club on a weekday during lunch? I'd imagine that's an experience.

"And let me tell you, the Tuesday afternoon crowd isn't exactly the A-list. I saw bullet wounds."
   114. GGC don't think it can get longer than a novella Posted: May 30, 2007 at 08:14 PM (#2384774)
"And let me tell you, the Tuesday afternoon crowd isn't exactly the A-list. I saw bullet wounds."

A buddy of mine went to Cincinnati on a business trip. One night he and his fellow engineers went across the river to some dive in Covington, Kentucky. One of the dancers that night was toothless. Another sported an open heart surgery scar. I've contemplated the priesthood before, but that nite would've sent me running to the seminary.
   115. Mark S. is bored Posted: May 30, 2007 at 08:21 PM (#2384784)
A buddy of mine went to Cincinnati on a business trip. One night he and his fellow engineers went across the river to some dive in Covington, Kentucky. One of the dancers that night was toothless. Another sported an open heart surgery scar. I've contemplated the priesthood before, but that nite would've sent me running to the seminary.

Never go to strip clubs in Little Rock. That is all.
   116. Repoz Posted: May 30, 2007 at 08:35 PM (#2384801)
I once told a cocky Go-Go'er at the House of Seven Gables in distubo Linden, NJ...that she had a huge white-headed zitula on her back that was oozing some odd smelling liquid.

She spent the rest of her spin looking for it...

Later on, I got tossed out.
   117. TVerik, the gum-snappin' hairdresser Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:04 PM (#2384833)
There's a dive-y club near where I work - whenever anyone flashes more than two or three singles, we all make a lame joke about what he's intending to do with them.
   118. phredbird Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:12 PM (#2384841)
crosbybird, in response to one of your earlier posts, it isn't the strippers who are preying on the desperate needs of the guys who show up at strip clubs, it's the sleazy men who run those joints that are profiting. the strippers are pawns. ever watched the sopranos?
   119. vortex of dissipation Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:16 PM (#2384845)
Hmmn. I've never been to strip club, simply because if I see a naked woman, I want her to be someone I care about. My best friend had his bachelor party at a strip club - I stayed in the car...
   120. 1k5v3L Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:20 PM (#2384848)
"My best friend had his bachelor party at a strip club - I stayed in the car..."

You stuffed twenties in the glove compartment?
   121. David Wrightwing obstructionist Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:27 PM (#2384852)
simply because if I see a naked woman, I want her to be someone I care about.

I care about all naked women. I'm not a big strip club guy myself, I'm not a fan of paying to get teased. I did have quite a fun time one evening with a Nikki Taylor look alike at a Dal Gentleman's club.

Deja Vu here in the Springs I think is littered with people's mothers and its always a great joke to pick one of the fellas out of your group and pick out the ugliest lady in the joint for a private lap dance for your buddy, their reaction is always priceless.

Also to what John was saying before, what is the Chris Rock joke? My only responsibilty with my daughter is to keep her off the pole?
   122. Delino DeShields & Yarnell Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:33 PM (#2384856)
Guys who don't like strip clubs = Guys who are cheap
   123. Joe Bivens, Minor Genius Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:33 PM (#2384858)
I've never been to strip club, simply because if I see a naked woman, I want her to be someone I care about.

You are SO lucky this wasn't posted in the lounge.
   124. The Bones McCoy of THT Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:36 PM (#2384862)

I ain't cheap--I just broke.

Best Regards

John
   125. robinred Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:52 PM (#2384871)
I once went to a strip club for a bachelor party and a very hot chick from my high school was dancing. This was nine years after grad day; three guys in the group were from the high school. There was an initial turn-on (we get to see her naked, dude) but it was a drag. She recognized us, and all of us kind of felt bad for her and felt self-conscious about being there. Found out later her husband that she married young had abused her, cheated on her etc and her life had gone very badly.

Three years ago, I had a very attractive 24-year-old student--and stripper--in a night class who had had a son at 17 with a guy who was, at the time of the class, in prison and had not been helping even when he was not locked up. She wrote a lot about it in the class--saying she would "picture her little boy" when the job got her down. She asked me not to tell other students--guys would ogle, women would judge--but said it was the best way she saw with her skills to make decent money in short hours, have some days free, and take care of the kid while she got her education.

I would imagine such stories are common, but both were still affecting. The only times I have had fun watching a woman strip is when my gf has done it for me to trashy rock songs as a birthday presents. That is fun.
   126. David Wrightwing obstructionist Posted: May 30, 2007 at 09:52 PM (#2384872)
Oh and this thread really needs Drama's quote from Entourage

Even when ARod's slumping, he's still getting #####.
   127. Bizarro ARod Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:01 PM (#2384883)
"My best friend had his bachelor party at a strip club - I stayed in the car..."

You stuffed twenties in the glove compartment?

Or...you stuffed twenties down your own pants?
   128. Mister High Standards Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:02 PM (#2384885)
what in the blue hell is wrong with people.
   129. CiC Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:11 PM (#2384891)
The separation between "women" and "strippers" is that said "women" chose to be "strippers".

Which is how I can look at a woman and a stripper completely differently.
   130. Guapo Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:19 PM (#2384893)
I've never been to strip club, simply because if I see a naked woman, I want her to be someone I care about.

So you'd be OK going to a strip club if your Grandma was performing.
   131. vortex of dissipation Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:24 PM (#2384896)
Actually, I knew I'd get snark when I posted my comment, but that's OK. Whatever other people do, that's their own business. But I feel quite strongly about my own position, and it's not going to change.
   132. Matt Clement of Alexandria Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:33 PM (#2384903)
The separation between "women" and "strippers" is that said "women" chose to be "strippers".

Which is how I can look at a woman and a stripper completely differently.
That's just creepy.
   133. standuptriple Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:39 PM (#2384907)
I'm just trying to help some unfortunate young ladies with their junior college tuition. Is that so wrong?
   134. walt williams bobblehead Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:53 PM (#2384919)
"I once told a cocky Go-Go'er at the House of Seven Gables in distubo Linden, NJ...that she had a huge white-headed zitula on her back that was oozing some odd smelling liquid."

If she was cocky, you might have been in the wrong club.
   135. Hal Chase Headley Lamarr Hoyt Wilhelm (ACE1242) Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM (#2384924)

The Pussycat Club, on Greenwich Street, out the back door of the American Stock Exchange and across the street. It was a slooooow trading day. The girls were so ugly we yelled at them to put their clothes back on.
   136. IronChef Chris Wok Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:08 PM (#2384932)
In Soviet Russia, clutch situations choke your ARod.

Oh that's a Primey
   137. John (You Can Call Me Grandma) Murphy Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM (#2384936)

That must limit what movies you see, too. ;-)
   138. IronChef Chris Wok Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:15 PM (#2384948)
I once went to a strip club for a bachelor party and a very hot chick from my high school was dancing. This was nine years after grad day; three guys in the group were from the high school. There was an initial turn-on (we get to see her naked, dude) but it was a drag. She recognized us, and all of us kind of felt bad for her and felt self-conscious about being there. Found out later her husband that she married young had abused her, cheated on her etc and her life had gone very badly.

Yeah, that's pretty screwed up.
   139. robinred Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:38 PM (#2385023)

Which is how I can look at a woman and a stripper completely differently

That's just creepy.

Yeah, it kind of is, and I am not even sure I know what he means.
   140. McCoy Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:59 PM (#2385077)
crosbybird, in response to one of your earlier posts, it isn't the strippers who are preying on the desperate needs of the guys who show up at strip clubs, it's the sleazy men who run those joints that are profiting. the strippers are pawns. ever watched the sopranos?

Sopranos ain't reality. I'm sure it happens in some places like the Sopranos but I have known a few strippers in my time and for a lot of strippers it is just another job. The owners are no worse or no better then owners of say bars or restaurants. I've worked with a few strippers who did other lines of work and my ex-brother in law was in a long term relationship with a stripper and the Sopranos view wasn't there environment.

As for the daytime strippers the ones I have known generally have one flaw that keeps them from the A-list at least in the major cities. I'm sure the farther away you get from the big cities the bigger and worse the flaws get. A butter face, too short, can't dance, bad teeth, something like that.
   141. Joe Bivens, Minor Genius Posted: May 31, 2007 at 12:07 AM (#2385096)
Actually, I knew I'd get snark when I posted my comment, but that's OK.

Mine wasn't snark.
   142. scotto Posted: May 31, 2007 at 12:22 AM (#2385144)
FWIW, I've been to one tittie bar in my life but never a real strip club, and this was back in 1985. But I know a former stripper. She's really beautiful, got involved with the wrong guy when she was young and ended up living that lifestyle for a while. She enjoyed it on some levels, but wonders now how she could have let someone control her life to that extent.

But she was young. She got out of that lifestyle and is working FT and going to college. She's proud of how she's pulled her life together. She is, of course, more than a little crazy and definitely is one of those women who adores attention. I'd guess that comes with the territory.
   143. robinred Posted: May 31, 2007 at 01:50 AM (#2385458)
I suppose he'll pull a "Kobe":

I figured kevin'd get on Kobe at some point today. A lot of on-line Laker fans are fed up with the drama and are po'd at Buss as well. Some guy on a blog had a funny analogy: being a Laker fan during the Kobe-Shaq years has been like dating a hot, annoying drama queen--except she's not really hot anymore. I say we accommodate Kobe's trade demand and move him to a young team in the East for some young, athletic players: Get Kupchak on the phone to the Celtics.
   144. McCoy Posted: May 31, 2007 at 01:57 AM (#2385481)
Ben Gordon for Kobe
   145. robinred Posted: May 31, 2007 at 02:00 AM (#2385490)
Ben Gordon for Kobe

People have talked about the Bulls as a possible destination. Supposedly, a few Dallas internet fans are agitating for a Dirk/Kobe trade.
   146. David Wrightwing obstructionist Posted: May 31, 2007 at 02:07 AM (#2385509)
Nuggets, A.I and Nene for Kobe and whatever the hell else we can give away.

Phil ain't gonna let it happen though people, he is the Zen.

Guys who are cheap

Well I do consider it sunken cost
   147. robinred Posted: May 31, 2007 at 02:16 AM (#2385538)
"Buss has been doing this #### so long, he should have his routine down a little better by now"."

My private nickname for Buss for years has been "K-Mart Hugh Hefner."

On another note, I think Hughes' injury has actually helped the Cavs. Gibson has risen to the occasion and LeBron takes over more in the 4th. That is not a knock on Hughes; I think he is decent player. I hope the Cavs knock off the Pistons, although I think they will come up short.
   148. robinred Posted: May 31, 2007 at 02:18 AM (#2385544)
Nuggets, A.I and Nene for Kobe and whatever the hell else we can give away.

Good one. Kobe in Colorado.
   149. Russlan is fond of Dillon Gee Posted: May 31, 2007 at 02:40 AM (#2385587)
Because Lebron's the superstar and Hughes isn't.
   150. Bernal Diaz has an angel on his shoulder Posted: May 31, 2007 at 02:55 AM (#2385608)
Three years ago, I had a very attractive 24-year-old student--and stripper--in a night class who had had a son at 17 with a guy who was, at the time of the class, in prison and had not been helping even when he was not locked up. She wrote a lot about it in the class--saying she would "picture her little boy" when the job got her down. She asked me not to tell other students--guys would ogle, women would judge--but said it was the best way she saw with her skills to make decent money in short hours, have some days free, and take care of the kid while she got her education.

So, did ya?
   151. Cris E Posted: May 31, 2007 at 03:25 AM (#2385624)

As a confirmed Cheap Guy, I actually agree with this.
   152. villainx Posted: May 31, 2007 at 04:49 AM (#2385678)
As a father of three girls, all I'll say is that I hope that you (MHS) never have any girls of your own, or frankly, a wife. It will either be sad for them or embarrassing for you.

And if a husband who has a wife dancing should hate her? Or if she had kids, they should hate her? Come on, it's a job, I rather my wife dance than not have steak for dinner. If my daughter was dancing, well, it's her choice, she's doing her best to get out of a tough situation (presumably), and well, hopefully her mom has stripper level dna, which means I got a hot wife.

FWIW Hong Kong strip clubs are fronts for prostitution. Continue chatting all.

So are massage parlors, beauty salons, bars, etc.

I don't normally got to strip club (falling into the cheap side of folks), but I try to enjoy myself, and I find it hard to see how it cannot be enjoyable.
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Harveys Wallbangers
for his generous support.