Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

OT-NBA off season thread

I estimate only 10-12 Primates care about the NBA, none that bothered to submit a monthly thread for nearly 4 months as to avoid detracting from what this site is really about: ... white privilege

RollingWave Posted: June 28, 2017 at 07:45 AM | 1808 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: basketball, nba, off topic

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 19 of 19 pages ‹ First  < 17 18 19
   1801. PJ Martinez Posted: August 12, 2017 at 04:23 PM (#5511949)
flip for real
   1802. 2 dudes are better than STIGGLES; i'm both of em Posted: August 14, 2017 at 06:05 PM (#5513139)
Michael K-B @therealmikekb
#sixers will have 23 (!) nationally televised games this season between ESPN, TNT, & NBATV.
   1803. SPICEY WITH A SIDE OF BEER ON A BABYYYYYYY Posted: August 14, 2017 at 10:05 PM (#5513258)
The day the NBA schedule is released is an amazing day.

Games I'm angling to go to:

San Antonio vs. Memphis (March 5)
Milwaukee vs. San Antonio (March 25)
Minneapolis vs. New Orleans (Jan 6) OR Minneapolis vs. Toronto (Jan 20)

I was about to say Minneapolis vs. New Orleans (Feb 3) was in the running, but as that's the day before the Super Bowl in Minneapolis, that's a no go.
   1804. Chicago Joe Posted: August 15, 2017 at 01:25 AM (#5513379)
Meyers Leonard could not handle New York City with my liver.
   1805. 2 dudes are better than STIGGLES; i'm both of em Posted: August 16, 2017 at 07:08 PM (#5514786)
why am i posting news about an NFL team firing its doctors after they misdiagnosed an injury? hmmm? what. could. i. possibly. be. implying.
The Saints have fired team orthopedists Deryk Jones and Misty Suri, per source, after it was discovered that CB Delvin Breaux has a fractured fibula and will require surgery expected to sidelined him for 4-6 weeks. Breaux was originally diagnosed with a contusion – and the team was frustrated that he wasn't recovering more quickly until the missed diagnosis was revealed. It was accurately reported that the team has had an issue with Breaux's string of nagging injuries in the past, but this case is different. And it seems unlikely at this point that the team will be as eager to trade or release Breaux.

1806. jmurph Posted: August 17, 2017 at 05:09 PM (#5515705)
From Hoops Rumors:
Veteran forward Udonis Haslem is the latest Heat player to express interest in bringing back Dwyane Wade if he agrees to a buyout in Chicago, writes Ira Winderman of The Sun Sentinel. Interest in the possibility was reignited with a report Wednesday that Wade and the Bulls could part ways at some point this season.

I don't begrudge the guy his money, I'm sure he's a prince among men, but why in god's name are the Heat still paying Udonis Haslem millions of dollars per year? $4 million last year for 130 minutes! That's like three games for a Thibodeau player. If they want him around for the younger guys why don't they just make him a coach?
   1807. 2 dudes are better than STIGGLES; i'm both of em Posted: August 19, 2017 at 02:16 PM (#5516876)
LEAGUE PASS POWER RANKINGS
2 76ERS
Everybody is excited to see the culmination 76ers' Process. Joel Embiid looked like a future face of the league last season. They have the past two overall No. 1 picks (Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons), and they signed veterans (J.J. Redick, Amir Johnson) to help them win. Philly could make a playoff run in the weak East (SportsLine projects 40.2 wins, good for the No. 7 seed).
20 LAKERS
The Lakers are young, and play a fun style. Is this the season they take a step forward? Probably not, but there's enough young talent (Lonzo Ball!) on this roster to make them watchable -- and you can see them plenty; L.A. is on national TV 35 times.

29 BULLS
The Bulls traded their most entertaining player in Butler. The main prize of that trade, Zach Lavine, may miss the beginning of the season with an injury. Dwyane Wade is seeking a buyout. Rajon Rondo is gone. Don't pay extra to watch the Bulls -- if you watch them at all.

link
   1808. 2 dudes are better than STIGGLES; i'm both of em Posted: August 19, 2017 at 02:28 PM (#5516881)
the mavs are way too low. dennis smith jr and nerlens noel should be insanely fun to watch. the suns are also underrated, assuming bledsoe stays healthy. the raptors should be bottom 5.

there's a strong underclass of unwatchable this year. CHI/NYK/DET/IND/ORL/ATL. even some teams that could be good (UTA/TOR/NOP/WAS/MEM/MIA) are likely to be boring/uninteresting.
Page 19 of 19 pages ‹ First  < 17 18 19

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
There are a lot of good people in alt-Shooty
for his generous support.