Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

OT-NBA off season thread

I estimate only 10-12 Primates care about the NBA, none that bothered to submit a monthly thread for nearly 4 months as to avoid detracting from what this site is really about: ... white privilege

RollingWave Posted: June 28, 2017 at 07:45 AM | 2859 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: basketball, nba, off topic

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 29 of 29 pages ‹ First  < 27 28 29
   2801. jmurph Posted: October 09, 2017 at 02:04 PM (#5547716)
bottom 9 in watchability:
DET
IND
MEM
ATL
UTA
NYK
ORL
CHI
BKR

I think Utah will be watchable. I mean, I wouldn't pair them with another team on your list, but I'll try to catch them against good offensive teams, just to see how it works.
   2802. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 09, 2017 at 02:16 PM (#5547731)
SVG alone adds a 50% bonus to Detroit's watchability.

Once he inevitably leaves that job around Christmas, yeah, forget it.
   2803. aberg Posted: October 09, 2017 at 02:41 PM (#5547775)
The Magic aren't an uninteresting team. Aaron Gordon is one of the best athletes in the league. Fournier is a fun player, Elfrid Payton has a fun player inside him, tangled up in his ridiculous hair trying to be free. They might look like a real NBA team this year with Vogel able to coach a squad that makes more sense. Jonathan Isaac is a good looking prospect. Maybe too many years of terrible Warriors basketball has made me immune to bad NBA basketball. I can't really think of a team this season I absolutely wouldn't want to watch. Maybe the Pistons? No Boban, no Shooty, Pistons.

I read something recently about the Magic experimenting with a Payton-Simmons-Isaac-Gordon-Biyombo lineup. That could be very entertaining defensively, but probably pretty inept offensively. That would at least give them something to distinguish themselves. I can't see them marginalizing Vucevic to that degree, though. He's in a weird spot where he is probably their most productive player, but one who can't contribute much to a really good team and who is paid such that other teams wouldn't give up much to get him. He's like a slightly worse version of Brook Lopez, so I guess their best play is to wait for another high upside guy to expose his teammate's affair.
   2804. PJ Martinez Posted: October 09, 2017 at 04:28 PM (#5547969)
   2805. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 05:35 PM (#5548090)
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
Philadelphia center Joel Embiid has agreed to a five-year, $148 million designated rookie scale max extension, league sources told ESPN.
   2806. Tom Cervo, backup catcher Posted: October 09, 2017 at 05:35 PM (#5548091)
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn
Following
More
Philadelphia center Joel Embiid has agreed to a five-year, $148 million designated rookie scale max extension, league sources told ESPN.

So about $1M for each game played over the next five years?
   2807. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 05:37 PM (#5548093)
in for a penny, in for 148MM.
   2808. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 09, 2017 at 05:38 PM (#5548094)
So about $1M for each game played over the next five years?

I really hope I'm wrong, but I would bet the under on Embiid playing another 148 games in the NBA.

The Sixers know a lot more about his feet/legs than I do, and are making a big bet on way over 148 games, so that at least can give us some hope.
   2809. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 05:44 PM (#5548106)
FWIW, this happened about a month ago:
[The sixers have] hired C. Daniel Medina Leal as vice president of athlete care. He comes from Spanish soccer team FC Barcelona, recently serving as the team’s deputy director of sports science and medical department. Medina was FC Barcelona’s team physician from 2008-15 before moving to the team’s medical service department.

...Medina, who attended high school in Michigan, will be based at the team’s practice facility in Camden and oversee the medical and sport science departments in addition to physiotherapy, athletic training, nutrition, and strength and conditioning.

2810. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 05:56 PM (#5548117)
also from woj:
The deal will include some salary cap protection for the 76ers should Embiid sustain injury that causes him to miss significant playing time, league sources said.

as much as half the contract may be non-guaranteed
   2811. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 06:28 PM (#5548188)
Zach Lowe‏ @ZachLowe_NBA
Embiid's extension has been described to me as "perhaps the most complex" in NBA history. Expect a lot of details to trickle out.
   2812. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 06:36 PM (#5548212)
Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
Brett Brown on Joel Embiid: "He does things on the court that remind me of somebody who is able to hear music and just play the song." pic.twitter.com/5eeVFPZqok

Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42
Philadelphia could still have $40M in cap space next season even with the Joel Embiid extension. Embiid had a... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…
   2813. PJ Martinez Posted: October 09, 2017 at 08:43 PM (#5548413)
So, uh, Fultz's free-throw form is a mess.

He looks pretty out of sorts in general so far against Boston tonight. Simmons looks very good, though.
   2814. SteveF Posted: October 09, 2017 at 09:13 PM (#5548431)
The 1967-1968 Sixers hold the record for worst free throw shooting team of all time at 63.5%. That may be pertinent information as this season goes along.
   2815. Sean Forman Posted: October 09, 2017 at 09:43 PM (#5548444)
Fultz has completely f'ed up his shooting form somehow. It's just bizarre. He's practically refusing to take any jump shots. Did not take a 3pter tonight and Simmons was 3 for 10 from the line and still can't finish properly around the rim. I'm out on a ledge now.
   2816. Sean Forman Posted: October 09, 2017 at 09:45 PM (#5548445)
Not that Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum set the world on fire.
   2817. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 10:00 PM (#5548454)
Fultz has completely f'ed up his shooting form somehow. It's just bizarre. He's practically refusing to take any jump shots. Did not take a 3pter tonight and Simmons was 3 for 10 from the line and still can't finish properly around the rim. I'm out on a ledge now.

if only there was someone on his team who could offer some advice....

“You know how I learned to shoot?” Embiid says. “I watched white people. Just regular white people. They really put their elbow in and finish up top. You can find videos of them online.”
   2818. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 09, 2017 at 10:13 PM (#5548463)
Simmons comes to the NBA already an elite, polished passer. Finishing around the rim and generally scoring efficiently when defenses play off him looking for the pass--that's the stuff it's going to take him a couple years to learn. STIGGLES' eternal dreams aside, he's not that once or twice a decade player who can come in and dominate in the NBA as a rookie. He's going to make some disgusting highlight reel passes to a cutting Fultz or a wide open Redick, though.

The Sixers absolutely had Simmons in mind when they traded up for Fultz. In theory he's exactly what they wanted--a three level scorer to run pick-and-rolls and drive defenses to distraction in concert with Simmons operating out of the high post.

Of course Fultz needs to remember how to shoot if he's going to score at any levels.
   2819. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 09, 2017 at 10:40 PM (#5548486)
here are my thoughts now that we're halfway through sixers preseason:

bayless and stauskas are trash.
fultz/redick/covington/simmons/embiid are my starters
mcconnell, korkmaz, saric and okafor are my primary reserves.
i guess that leaves...bayless, luwawu, anderson, amir, holmes and...someone not named stauskas...as the deep reserves.

i'm really disappointed about luwawu's lack of development. he's still young, but he's more raw than i thought he was when we drafted him.
luckily korkmaz looks a lot better than i thought he'd be. especially as a defender. he's earned a spot in the rotation by being clearly better than every other reserve wing.
i have mcconnell over bayless because he's a lot more active on defense. he's still not good, but bayless is too much of a liability to have on the floor with so many inexperienced teammates.

and lastly, ben simmons. i'm disappointed by how little variety he's shown as a scorer. i knew he can't shoot, but i wanted to see more explosion from him in the paint. i spent the better part of a decade watching thaddeus young abuse forwards in the post, and i thought simmons had that element in his game. so far as i can tell, he's more interested in bullying smaller defenders than he is in sloughing bigger ones. that's not ideal.
   2820. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: October 10, 2017 at 05:59 AM (#5548555)
Thomas was a top-10 player in the league last year. Kyrie's not guaranteed to do that. They also lost Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk and replaced their minutes (roughly) with Marcus Morris, Jayson Tatum and more Terry Rozier.

Uhm does Hayward not factor into this analysis at all?
   2821. JJ1986 Posted: October 10, 2017 at 09:37 AM (#5548627)
Uhm does Hayward not factor into this analysis at all?
My post was a response to a post that already included Hayward. For what it's worth, I've got the Celtics at 52-53 wins this year. I think they'll get about 4-5 wins from their roster changes, but they also overperformed their talent last year.
   2822. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 10, 2017 at 10:16 AM (#5548661)
I think they'll get about 4-5 wins from their roster changes, but they also overperformed their talent last year.

It's quite possible they "overperformed" their talent because the rest of the conference just sucks that bad. They were 36-16 against the East, 17-13 against the West. Cleveland's record was similar.

Boston may have improved only modestly over last year, but they did improve, and they are damn near the only team in the East that improved, besides the bottom feeders. Cleveland got worse; Toronto and Washington treaded water; Atlanta won 43 last year and is projected to win 25 this year. I personally think Atlanta won't be that bad and Charlotte got worse, because there's a clear pattern to what happens when Dwight Howard changes teams, although that's a minority opinion. You can suppose Milwaukee should improve through better health. That's about it.

Seems to me that if you project Boston to win fewer games this year than last, you're expecting them to go about 12-18 against the West. Which is possible, I guess.

e: The only thing stopping me from confidently betting Atlanta's over (25.5) is the possibility they'll get off to a slow start and decide to tank hard. They won't be very watchable, but they have a good coach, will grind out some wins against better-but-not-great teams that take them too lightly, and will benefit from getting rid of Dwight Howard.
   2823. My name is Votto, and I love to get blotto Posted: October 10, 2017 at 10:17 AM (#5548663)
“You know how I learned to shoot?” Embiid says. “I watched white people. Just regular white people. They really put their elbow in and finish up top. You can find videos of them online.”

$148 million for a shooting coach and an entertaining Twitter feed.

Orlando will be more watchable than Atlanta this year. This depth chart is U-G-L-Y.
   2824. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 10, 2017 at 11:22 AM (#5548728)
While the exact details of how much is guaranteed have not yet been reported, a league source has described it to me as an unprecedented amount of non-guaranteed money for a max rookie-scale extension.
Embiid likely had to show little in order to command a maximum salary next summer, as 24-year-old players with his kind of impact almost never become available. Would 40 games played this season, without a career-threatening injury (i.e. a meniscus injury rather than fractured navicular bone) have still resulted in *somebody* offering Embiid a max contract? 50 games? 60 games? It's hard to say, but the bar is probably not as high as you would think.
link
   2825. Optimistic Moses Taylor, optimist Posted: October 10, 2017 at 11:51 AM (#5548776)
K.C. Johnson‏ @KCJHoop 7m7 minutes ago

DRose: “My 3-Ball is looking good.”

It says 7 minutes ago, but I'm pretty sure it's also from 7 years ago. I'm all of a sudden much more worried about Rose and Wade sinking the Cavs than I was a few days ago...
   2826. SPICEY WITH A SIDE OF BEER ON A BABYYYYYYY Posted: October 10, 2017 at 12:14 PM (#5548805)
Boston may have improved only modestly over last year, but they did improve, and they are damn near the only team in the East that improved, besides the bottom feeders.

Did they improve? Although Kyrie and Hayward are better long-term assets than Crowder and Thomas, I'm not sure they'll be better or much better than the Thomas/Crowder performance last year. It seems like everyone on the bench played pretty well, and they lost a lot of solid minutes from last year's team. It also seemed like they were pretty healthy last year, and yeah, overperformed.
   2827. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 10, 2017 at 12:41 PM (#5548829)
Uh, yeah. They improved. Gordon Hayward is pretty good.
   2828. jmurph Posted: October 10, 2017 at 12:54 PM (#5548845)
First of all, good for Embiid. What a story, man.

Second, I doubt there's a way to structure this under the CBA in a way that would make me think this is a good deal for the Sixers. Is it year to year? Pay based on games/minutes? I'd be surprised if anything too radical is allowable under league rules, but I'm just speculating. I suspect we're not going to know all of the details unless/until he has another serious injury layoff and then the Sixers start leaking to make themselves look okay.
   2829. covelli chris p Posted: October 10, 2017 at 01:01 PM (#5548853)
So, uh, Fultz's free-throw form is a mess.
that's amazing. it's still bouncing around his hand when he heaves it up there. wtf?
   2830. Optimistic Moses Taylor, optimist Posted: October 10, 2017 at 01:12 PM (#5548863)
Did they improve? Although Kyrie and Hayward are better long-term assets than Crowder and Thomas, I'm not sure they'll be better or much better than the Thomas/Crowder performance last year. It seems like everyone on the bench played pretty well, and they lost a lot of solid minutes from last year's team. It also seemed like they were pretty healthy last year, and yeah, overperformed.

To put in another way, the probably improved their 17-18 projection from what it would have been had they rolled the same group out there, but it's still TBD whether they'll actually improve on their 16-17 performance.
   2831. jmurph Posted: October 10, 2017 at 01:20 PM (#5548871)
To put in another way, the probably improved their 17-18 projection from what it would have been had they rolled the same group out there, but it's still TBD whether they'll actually improve on their 16-17 performance.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'd also add that I expect them to be a better playoff team (which doesn't mean they'll do any better against Cleveland, necessarily), but their rotation is littered with 1st and 2nd year guys, and that will likely cost them some regular season games, especially early.
   2832. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 10, 2017 at 02:06 PM (#5548926)
First of all, good for Embiid. What a story, man.

Second, I doubt there's a way to structure this under the CBA in a way that would make me think this is a good deal for the Sixers. Is it year to year? Pay based on games/minutes? I'd be surprised if anything too radical is allowable under league rules, but I'm just speculating. I suspect we're not going to know all of the details unless/until he has another serious injury layoff and then the Sixers start leaking to make themselves look okay.
my guess would be that years 1 and 2 are fully guaranteed, and then years 3 and 4 are partially guaranteed with year 5 being almost completely non-guaranteed. the upside is that they're not completely screwed if embiid goes to the glue factory, but the downside is that in order to recoup that cap room, they'll need to cut him outright.

if he's a star, it's a good deal.
if he loses a leg, they're not completely screwed.
if he's good but not great, it's fair.
if he's okay but not healthy, he'll get traded for a plumlee
that's amazing. it's still bouncing around his hand when he heaves it up there. wtf?

speculation is that his shoulder is screwed up.
   2833. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 10, 2017 at 02:08 PM (#5548927)
Because you just wouldn't be a Sixers first round pick if you didn't suffer a hideous injury within a month of signing.

If the guy's shoulder is so ###### that he can't even shoot free throws, then what the hell is he doing on the court? If that's the case then he debuts in 2018-19. You don't #### around with severe shoulder injuries.
   2834. Norcan Posted: October 10, 2017 at 02:12 PM (#5548932)

I don't think it's that extreme. The ball does stop spinning just before he starts shooting it. Still really funky though.

It's kind of reminiscent of John Wall's former free throw routine when he used to spin the ball on his left hand, then place his right hand on the ball before starting his motion. Except the ball would be around his waist and stopped fully spinning before his right hand was placed on the ball.

It'd be better if he changed his shooting motion because his shoulder hurt because the alternative, that he's shot so poorly in practice and drills that he felt compelled to drastically change his motion and the coaching staff agreed, would be pretty worrisome.
   2835. SPICEY WITH A SIDE OF BEER ON A BABYYYYYYY Posted: October 10, 2017 at 02:39 PM (#5548961)
I don't think it's that extreme. The ball does stop spinning just before he starts shooting it. Still really funky though.

It looks like it's just on his finger tips, it doesn't really look like he has control of the ball, even though it's not spinning anymore. It does look like he's shot-putting it rather than shooting it. I mean, he didn't shoot like that in college, right? I assume it's an injury and he'll be fine long term.
   2836. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 10, 2017 at 02:54 PM (#5548978)
I assume it's an injury and he'll be fine long term.

Wait, what? Injuries are never a good thing, especially not a possible shoulder injury. Is getting healthy easier than learning to shoot well? Um, I guess, maybe?
   2837. Sean Forman Posted: October 10, 2017 at 04:17 PM (#5549097)
Brett Brown has repeatedly said that the staff has not asked him to change his shooting motion.
   2838. JC in DC Posted: October 10, 2017 at 04:31 PM (#5549114)
Sometimes you just lose confidence in your shot. That's what that looks like to me. And I told you guys he wasn't a natural shooter.
   2839. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 10, 2017 at 05:03 PM (#5549144)
Keith Pompey @PompeyOnSixers
#Sixers center Joel Embiid is probable for Wedensday's game vs. #Nets in long Island.
   2840. If on a winter's night a baserunner Posted: October 10, 2017 at 06:04 PM (#5549182)

Grading Kyrie/Isaiah as a push makes sense to me; even grading Kyrie as unlikely to match Isaiah's charmed season. Crowder vs Hayward is where I disagree: Hayward's playmaking from the wing fills a BIG hole last year's team had to work around. When Isaiah sat, the offense absolutely cratered, and Hayward dramatically changes that dynamic.

*puts on green-tinted glasses*

Add in internal improvement from guys like Smart (who ought to play much better as a 220-pound guard than as a 240-pound small forward (and he played a lot of minutes at the 3, because he was the second-best option there behind Crowder. It was as bad as it sounds)), Brown, and Rozier, along with a huge influx of wing depth, and only a few of the rookies need to be playable at a time for this team to project as better than last year's version.

*sips kool aid*

The fact that Yabusele will be an all-star is just icing on the cake, really.

That all said, the losses of Johnson and Olynyk will certainly be felt, and it won't take many big man injuries to put this squad in an awkward spot. And that's an awful lot of rookies to be relying on. I still think people are underplaying the impact Hayward and playing in the Eastern Conference will make.
   2841. PASTE, Now with Extra Pitch and Extra Stamina Posted: October 10, 2017 at 06:09 PM (#5549187)
That's a good point, that Boston is already the weakest contender in the league around the rim, and seems to have structured their roster to lean very heavily on its oldest player. If Horford goes down with a serious injury--it's happened before, twice, when he was younger than he is now--that would be very tough for them to deal with, especially in the playoffs.
   2842. If on a winter's night a baserunner Posted: October 10, 2017 at 06:44 PM (#5549223)
I don't know why everyone except me is having so much trouble realizing that a 21 year-old french rookie coming out of the CBA is basically guaranteed to be a consistent 2-way impact big this season.

On a slightly more serious note, I will say that Fultz looked really nice attacking the rim yesterday. He has really fluid athleticism, a natural feel for space, touch around the rim, and the size and body control to get shots off. I don't know if he'll be a net positive year one, but I expect he will develop into a damn fine slasher.
   2843. JJ1986 Posted: October 10, 2017 at 07:49 PM (#5549278)
Who is the Celtics next center if Horford or even Baynes goes down? Is it Marcus Morris? I can't imagine they'd play Theis in important minutes.
   2844. Fourth True Outcome Posted: October 10, 2017 at 08:08 PM (#5549289)
If Horford and Baynes go down, center becomes a rotation of Baynes and then smallball center usage of Yabusele, Ojeleye, and maybe Morris, though his history as a bulky three rather than a four makes that a touch unlikely. Stevens is happy, maybe even eager, to play smallball and jack up threes, so Yabusele and Ojeleye, both of whom are bulky enough to bang with bigs and should be non-dreadful three point shooters, fit the bill nicely. They're both rookies, however, so if the Cs have to play them at center rather than choosing to do so when it makes tactical sense it will be pretty ugly. The team has gone all in on athletic, lanky wings in a positionless sort of way that should be a blast to watch, but a lot of those players are awfully young, and rim protection is going to be paramount for them. If they lose more than one of their bonafide big men it could get ugly fast.
   2845. PJ Martinez Posted: October 10, 2017 at 08:59 PM (#5549321)
Theis has looked good to me. I think he'll get minutes, maybe a decent number if there are injuries.

Fultz and Brown both told Kevin O'Connor that a shoulder problem is at least part of the explanation for Fultz's weird free-throw form. Brown says, of the shoulder, "I think it is affecting him more than he lets on." This story continues to be weird.
   2846. jmurph Posted: October 10, 2017 at 09:11 PM (#5549331)
Why is Fultz's coach talking like that about him in the press? That's weird.
----------
Cleveland seems to be planning to give a lot of minutes to a lot of bad players. I feel like there's a not insignificant chance that they fall all the way to 3rd in the regular season, while still remaining the overwhelming favorite to get out of the East.
   2847. jmurph Posted: October 10, 2017 at 11:06 PM (#5549434)
So the Sixers guaranteed a minimum of $84.2 million to Embiid, who has played 31 games in 3 seasons? Am I reading that right?
the Sixers decided to waive him after the 2018-19 season, he would receive $84.2 million of his full contract; $98.2 million after the 2019-20 season; $113.3 million after the 2020-21 season and $129.4 million after the 2021-22 season.

2848. Norcan Posted: October 10, 2017 at 11:13 PM (#5549437)
Donovan Mitchell is an extreme two-foot jumper. That's not ideal. It mangles footwork in tight spaces. I can't think of a perimeter player who's almost exclusively a two-foot jumper. Brandon Bass still remains the most extreme two-foot jumper in existence though. He probably shot two-foot hopping layups in the layup line because he was physically incapable of doing otherwise.
   2849. Norcan Posted: October 10, 2017 at 11:20 PM (#5549439)
I like Theiss too. He impressed me on defense, which I wasn't expecting since I lazily assumed a white German guy wouldn't be bringing defensive chops to the table. He's got long arms, good timing and agility. I don't know how much he'll be in the rotation early on but I wouldn't be surprised to see him work his way into the rotation as the season goes on.

I really hope Smart can carry his excellent preseason into the regular season. The weight loss has made noticeably reduced some of the prior sluggishness of his movement, which frustrates me because it shouldn't have taken a contract year to do it. He still remains extremely strong but his body control and quickness are improved.
   2850. LA Podcasting Hombre of Anaheim Posted: October 11, 2017 at 12:14 AM (#5549460)
This Jazz @ Lakers preseason game is unwatchable. The real season can't start soon enough. Of course, both teams have mostly starters in, so that could be a real problem...

Did we do preseason picks yet?
   2851. There are a lot of good people in alt-Shooty Posted: October 11, 2017 at 08:27 AM (#5549503)
Zach Lowe let it drop on his podcast that Jack McCallum's next book is about the Warriors. Woo hoo! That's the book I've been waiting for but wasn't sure if he would do it. The reason Lowe brought it up is because McCallum has quotes from Warriors players that they don't mind playing Westbrook because he's easy to defend. Based on Westbrook's #'s against the Warriors the last 3 years, they aren't wrong but I'm sure it will add even more spice to the OKC - Warriors games this year, as if it needed any.
   2852. jmurph Posted: October 11, 2017 at 09:54 AM (#5549613)
Did we do preseason picks yet?

Someone should submit a new thread, maybe? Who has clever ideas for the lead-in?
   2853. Optimistic Moses Taylor, optimist Posted: October 11, 2017 at 10:16 AM (#5549652)
I can post it, I have the keys. I have no lead in ideas though, so suggest away.
   2854. Optimistic Moses Taylor, optimist Posted: October 11, 2017 at 10:20 AM (#5549658)
Bulls beat the Cavs in the Cle last night by 14. 4 of the 5 Cavs starters (LeBron, Wade, Love, Crowder) were -18 to -21 in their 21 (Love) to 30 (LeBron) minutes played; somehow Rose was only -2 in his 27 minutes. I didn't watch the game at all, but the Bulls shot 15/41 on 3's and outrebounded the Cavs. The Bulls are not a good 3pt shooting team, but are decent rebounding; still, I predict those are going to be major problems for the Cavs defense all year.
   2855. jmurph Posted: October 11, 2017 at 11:08 AM (#5549744)
I can post it, I have the keys. I have no lead in ideas though, so suggest away.

I got nothing. I say just make fun of the Celtics and get it posted so we can make bad predictions.
   2856. don't ask 57i66135; he wants to hang them all Posted: October 11, 2017 at 11:17 AM (#5549767)
The Bulls are not a good 3pt shooting team, but are decent rebounding
markkanen, mirotic and lavine should spread the floor pretty effectively for you.
   2857. jmurph Posted: October 11, 2017 at 11:20 AM (#5549775)
I saw Kyle Korver block Markkanen last night, which, yeesh.

2858. Optimistic Moses Taylor, optimist Posted: October 11, 2017 at 11:20 AM (#5549776)
Mirotic played a couple of minutes before getting hurt and LaVine is out. So maybe, eventually, they could be decent at spreading the floor, but it wasn't the case last night.
   2859. Optimistic Moses Taylor, optimist Posted: October 11, 2017 at 11:24 AM (#5549782)
Page 29 of 29 pages ‹ First  < 27 28 29

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
There are a lot of good people in alt-Shooty
for his generous support.