Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Thursday, November 01, 2012

OT: November College Football Thread.

Alabama Is still Ranked #1.  Will they hold steady to repeat? Make it to the title game?  Or does another team claim the Crystal ball in Miami in January.

odds are meatwad is drunk Posted: November 01, 2012 at 01:43 PM | 3408 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: college football

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 3 of 35 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
   201. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 12:19 PM (#4292567)
Making flippy-floppy.
   202. McCoy Posted: November 04, 2012 at 12:31 PM (#4292577)
Notre Dame 2012-Team of Destiny!
   203. Every Inge Counts Posted: November 04, 2012 at 12:32 PM (#4292579)
USC has Arizona State, at UCLA, and Notre Dame left on their schedule. Don't want to see Notre Dame go undefeated, but would like to see USC go 6-6.

Could UCLA beat Oregon?

Alabama against Texas A&M...I am not sure if Alabama can pull this one off.
   204. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 12:34 PM (#4292582)
Could UCLA beat Oregon?

Could? Sure. Better teams have lost to worse ones. But I suspect a blowout is much more likely.

The only team I'd give odds to over the Ducks this year is Alabama. That offense is murderous.
   205. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 12:39 PM (#4292586)
I've been trying to think of a description of what it was like to see in person as opposed to on television, and I just kind of can't. The way they score is so casual, so fast, that it almost looks like an accident. I've never seen a team that gets so many open receivers, has so many holes just sort of open up out of nowhere, and has so many guys in the backfield who can make 9 yards out of nothing. I know I'm not saying anything that other people haven't said, but to see it in person was . . . how to put it? You know how it looks so astounding on TV, with slo-mo and replays and closeups of other team huffing and puffing? It's both more and less impressive in person. Because there's no way to linger on a single big play, the Ducks score so fast you kind of don't believe it happened. The scoreboard operator at the Coliseum couldn't keep up with the pace of the first downs last night. (For either team, actually, but especially Oregon.)

Their defense is awful, because Nick Aliotti is an awful coach and always has been. But I'll be god damned if anybody they play can be *expected* to hold them under 30 points, let alone 50. And that goes for Alabama, too.
   206. Spivey Posted: November 04, 2012 at 01:14 PM (#4292604)
Re: #203

Of course Alabama can beat A&M. But it's also clear that A&M can beat Alabama. I think A&M has a good argument for being the second best team in the SEC.
   207. Cowboy Popup Posted: November 04, 2012 at 01:23 PM (#4292608)
San Diego St beat Boise so we don't have to worry about Boise undeservedly making a BCS bowl.
   208. JJ1986 Posted: November 04, 2012 at 06:22 PM (#4292811)
Is there no NFL thread? The officials are going to do everything they can to let New York win because of the hurricane.

After the bogus "blow to the head" giving the Giants a TD, now they completely ignore a block in the back on the fumble return.
   209. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 09:40 PM (#4292905)
I was at Nebraska at MSU, that too was glorious (sort of), haven't seen the game film/broadcast yet. Quick comment, the officiating was abysmal all around. The few things I've read/heard seem to verify that. Several WTF PI calls, multiple WTF late hit calls, and assorted others.

Anyone on the board at Pitt v ND? It looks like this board covered all the dandies this weekend.
   210. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 09:47 PM (#4292911)
Re: #205. Great post. I've been talking about this with friends. I don't like or root for UO, but I so admire and love what Kelly is doing to football. It is they type of scheme that is going to completely impact the way people coach, play the game, and likely will impact rules as well. In watching them play, yes the pace is frantic, but as you noted, how are guys always in open space, immediately? I listened to the first half on the radio as I blazed from E Lansing back towards Indy stopping in Ft Wayne to watch the 2nd half, and the plays where UO would go for it on 4th down, it was like nine seconds of down time and they are at the line ready to go, the USC announcers were barely able to set the scene.
   211. Slivers of Maranville descends into chaos (SdeB) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 10:18 PM (#4292934)
I was at Nebraska at MSU,

So was I! Where were you sitting?
   212. Tripon Posted: November 04, 2012 at 10:41 PM (#4292952)

Is there no NFL thread? The officials are going to do everything they can to let New York win because of the hurricane.

After the bogus "blow to the head" giving the Giants a TD, now they completely ignore a block in the back on the fumble return.

The NFL thread is closed for some reason.
   213. hokieneer Posted: November 04, 2012 at 10:45 PM (#4292956)
#210, aside from pushing the tempo a little farther, and being a little smarter in general HC terms (4th down calls, clock mngt, etc), I see nothing different with what Kelly is doing and what Rodriguez was doing 7-10 years ago.

EDIT: Not trying to undersell Oregon or Kelly here. I mean it's obvious the UO clearly has overall talent on a much higher level than WVU had, and that's to Chip's credit. Being on the west coast, having some of the best facilities in the country, and Knight's money helps.
   214. Pops Freshenmeyer Posted: November 04, 2012 at 11:00 PM (#4292965)
I see nothing different with what Kelly is doing and what Rodriguez was doing 7-10 years ago.

To be fair, though, Chip Kelly was doing this himself ten years ago at New Hampshire.
   215. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 11:08 PM (#4292971)
I was at Nebraska at MSU,

So was I! Where were you sitting?

Section 4, top row (47?). Great vantage actually. Crowd was very much a wait til 3rd down crowd to get loud type of crowd *. Chatted up with a long time MSU ticket holder, said the fans are really down in the dumps this season, which likely explained a very sorry student section turnout and other empties. Random observations: what was up with a (manned) ice cream cart in the concourses like every 30 yards. It was 42 degrees, tops and getting colder as game went on. Every sales person I saw was working their smartphone the entire time, no sales, I mean zero. They functioned as effective fan road blocks in an already tight concourse. All told, nice campus, good not great venue, much better than it was for the '95 Nebraska at MSU game from my memories. MSU people were good to us (sans one kid that walked by, who I assumed was drunk at a tailgate for the first time). I tailgated in the lot immediately south of the stadium with some Nebraska fans (never met them before) that picked up somebody's permit on stub hub.

* I've been to all the Big XII (sans West Va.), 10/12 BIG stadiums, 8/14 SEC, and assorted other stadiums, and this is what separates most SEC venues from the rest in terms of crowd support, in most (not all) games, SEC fans are making noise all the time while the home team is on defense.
   216. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 04, 2012 at 11:37 PM (#4292989)
#210, aside from pushing the tempo a little farther, and being a little smarter in general HC terms (4th down calls, clock mngt, etc), I see nothing different with what Kelly is doing and what Rodriguez was doing 7-10 years ago.

I'm referring really to his way of preparation/practice. I think he calls it a 'no huddle program', meaning rep after rep after rep. Way less down time, wind sprints, etc. The schemes themselves, yes, we've seen much of it, though his zone read has evolved (mainly in how they play the read), they bring it (often) to the DT, and not the DE, which really messes up any scrape with the LB as the DE is blocked and the LB basically takes himself out of the play. (a bad scrape will happen at least a few times a game against any spread, often doesn't amount to total disaster, but when you run 90 plays a game, its going to happen a few more times, thus advantage UO). This is one of a number of things I think Kelly does, that just introduces additional problems for defenses.
   217. Pops Freshenmeyer Posted: November 05, 2012 at 09:26 PM (#4293855)
A co-worker pointed out to me that if Indiana were to beat Wisconsin this weekend (at IU) they would be in the driver's seat to play in the Big Ten title game. Wisconsin is 3-2 in the Big Ten and after the IU game they play Ohio State and Penn State. Indiana is 2-3 and finishes with Purdue and Penn State.

If IU were to win this weekend and drop their next two, while Wisconsin drops their last two as well, IU would finish the regular season 5-7 and go to the championship game. If that happened and IU were to actually win the Big Ten championship game they would be conference champs but 6-7 and ineligible to participate in a bowl game. I'm kind of rooting for this to happen now.
   218. steagles Posted: November 05, 2012 at 09:41 PM (#4293863)
again, since there isn't an NFL thread, i'll say that anyone picking the eagles to win is an absolute moron. they are crumbling on both sides of the ball (and on special teams), and there's nothing holding them together. the leaders of this team should be michael vick and demeco ryans, but ryans is only in his first year here, and then 3/4 of the people in philadelphia are calling for nick foles to take vick's job. neither is in a position to circle the wagons, and with reid already having a foot out the door, he can't do it either.

219. odds are meatwad is drunk Posted: November 05, 2012 at 11:40 PM (#4293965)
Steagels post one if you want it. I cant do it all
   220. steagles Posted: November 06, 2012 at 12:03 AM (#4293978)
Steagels post one if you want it. I cant do it all
done.
   221. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 06, 2012 at 12:35 AM (#4294005)
Is it OK if I come in there and make a couple of posts about college football to even things out?
   222. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 07, 2012 at 04:00 PM (#4297130)
RIP Darrell Royal
   223. zenbitz Posted: November 07, 2012 at 04:56 PM (#4297232)
   224. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 07, 2012 at 05:13 PM (#4297265)
Wisconsin to start Phillips at QB this weekend at Indiana. DOB is DONe. Stave of course out for rest of season.

No matter how it has happened, it is hilarious to think IU has a big time football game in November, that is meaningful (beyond the bucket game).
   225. steagles Posted: November 07, 2012 at 05:42 PM (#4297315)
Penn States Spanier arraigned
i'd say the more interesting development over the last few months was this:

About an hour ago, all hell broke loose on the Pennsylvania House floor when Rep. Tim Briggs (D-Montgomery County) called for a discharge petition on HR 520–a resolution that calls for an investigation into Gov. Corbett’s investigation of Jerry Sandusky.

...Facing the end of the session, Rep. Briggs, who signed the resolution back in June, made a motion to bring the discharge resolution back into play to force a vote in the House tonight.

No one seems to know what happened after that, but it certainly wasn’t protocol. A source on the scene tells PW that Rep. Sam Smith, the Republican Speaker of the House, simply refused to recognize Briggs, without explanation. Then the lights cut out, and “Republicans fled.”

226. Mike Webber Posted: November 07, 2012 at 05:52 PM (#4297333)
Big 12 / SEC Champions Bowl morphs into Sugar Bowl

This is a little confusing to me, does this mean the Big 12 is forsaking "hosting" the Fiesta Bowl? Will the champions from the two leagues ever actually play in this game with the new playoff format? The Fiesta bowl must be spinning, it seems like it falls from one of the big 5 to more on the level of Cotton, Cap One, Gator level.

And if the Big 12 and SEC keeps their ties with the Cotton, it kind of makes sense for both Jerry Jones and the leagues to put the other game in a different location I think.

"ESPN will pay $80 million a year to televise the Sugar Bowl, sources said. That's the same amount ESPN will pay annually for the Rose Bowl. The Orange Bowl is expected to cost $55 million, sources said."

$80 Million a year??? Oh MY!

That is $4 million per school in the Big 12, and $2.85 million per school for the SEC - take that Mizzou!
   227. Cowboy Popup Posted: November 07, 2012 at 08:54 PM (#4297486)
Apparently there was a pretty good MACtion game on last night. Here's hoping there's another one tonight.

No matter how it has happened, it is hilarious to think IU has a big time football game in November, that is meaningful (beyond the bucket game).

I'm thinking they've got a real good shot at winning too. They played OSU and MSU really close at home and with Stave out, Wisconsin will probably have some trouble putting up points. I like their chances.
   228. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 07, 2012 at 10:11 PM (#4297539)
Kent St. Probably deserves to be ranked.
   229. Forsch 10 From Navarone (Dayn) Posted: November 07, 2012 at 10:51 PM (#4297563)
   230. Cowboy Popup Posted: November 08, 2012 at 09:33 PM (#4298550)
I don't see how FSU can be so bad at offense. Wasn't Fisher an OC at one point? Sheesh.
   231. steagles Posted: November 08, 2012 at 10:06 PM (#4298566)
HaHa Clinton-Dix
that's not a real name, is it?
   232. Spivey Posted: November 08, 2012 at 11:54 PM (#4298626)
This Rashad Greene kid can flat out fly.
   233. Crispix reaches boiling point with lackluster play Posted: November 09, 2012 at 03:15 AM (#4298687)
His real name is Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix.
   234. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:02 AM (#4298757)
Vultures swirling around the Plains. Apparently the President at AU was floating around possible replacements for Chizik (assuming he's fired here) and suggested Shawn Watson (OC at Luvl). The reaction of the media was one of utter laughter. If I'm Chizik I'm in there with my agent trying to negotiate that buyout, and sort of control my own demise, otherwise this ends badly for him and for AU.
   235. Edmundo got dem ol' Kozma blues again mama Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:13 AM (#4298764)
all hell broke loose on the Pennsylvania House floor when Rep. Tim Briggs (D-Montgomery County) called for a discharge petition on HR 520–a resolution that calls for an investigation into Gov. Corbett’s investigation of Jerry Sandusky.

The newly elected State Attorney General Kathleen Kane (D) campaigned on investigating the handling of the Sandusky case by now Gov. Corbett (R) and general child abuse prosecution experience. Methinks Corbett may have been a little too close to PSU and should have recused himself originally. Whether he did anything wrong or committed an error of omission, I don't have a clue.

The stench in my state keeps getting stenchier.
   236. Every Inge Counts Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:41 AM (#4298790)
Alabama vs. the Jaguars

While I definitely don't think Alabama would win the game against the Jags, Gabbert was terrible against the Lions and basically did all of his damage in the 2nd half with the Lions up by three scores and playing almost prevent type defense.
   237. A big pile of nonsense (gef the talking mongoose) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:51 AM (#4298801)
Vultures swirling around the Plains. Apparently the President at AU was floating around possible replacements for Chizik (assuming he's fired here) and suggested Shawn Watson (OC at Luvl). The reaction of the media was one of utter laughter. If I'm Chizik I'm in there with my agent trying to negotiate that buyout, and sort of control my own demise, otherwise this ends badly for him and for AU.

Thanks for posting this, mrams. Been so busy with hurricane-related work & other job stuff, especially with my Auburn-fan co-worker being off for the week, that I haven't had a chance to check out the pulse over there.
   238. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 12:38 PM (#4298843)
Jay Jacobs, the AD, will apparently hang on, but his henchman, the Asst AD Tim Jackson will be reassigned. Frankly, I don't think the President knows what the F he's saying throwing out a name.

If I had to guess in terms of who they target (not necessarily who they get):
Malzahn
Jimbo Fisher
Charlie Strong
maybe, maybe Kirby Smart

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if they got Paul Rhodes at Iowa State
   239. A big pile of nonsense (gef the talking mongoose) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 03:05 PM (#4299037)
Not as hilarious as if they went for Bobby Petrino ... though for all I know he's all but signed, sealed & delivered elsewhere, like Tennessee or Kentucky. As I said, I've not really been able to keep my ear to the ground at all for more than a week now.

AFAIK, the Razorbacks (I didn't go to the university, but after growing up in Arkansas theres never been any question of who I pull for athletically) have Strong & Smart on their wishlist as well.
   240. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 03:12 PM (#4299046)
Ahh, of course, how could I forget Bobby Petrino. That's just a dude you want nothing to do with, perhaps ever. Of course he will resurface.
   241. Crispix reaches boiling point with lackluster play Posted: November 09, 2012 at 03:20 PM (#4299051)
AFAIK, the Razorbacks (I didn't go to the university, but after growing up in Arkansas theres never been any question of who I pull for athletically) have Strong & Smart on their wishlist as well.

Those are great names! I hear Brock Landers and Chest Rockwell are up for the job too. Might also look into hiring SDSU's Rocky Long.
   242. A big pile of nonsense (gef the talking mongoose) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 03:26 PM (#4299057)
Are there any coaches named Handsome? Strong, Smart & Handsome would be quite a lineup. Or Steadfast. Faithful?
   243. Crispix reaches boiling point with lackluster play Posted: November 09, 2012 at 03:34 PM (#4299065)
Purdue has Danny Hope. Ironically he is quite an old-looking and uninspiring guy.

I've been looking at Wikipedia's list of current head coaches and coordinators. The most unnecessarily masculine names available are probably "Chuck Heater", "Jerry Kill", and the aforementioned Rocky Long. Also possibly Bill Lazor depending on how it's pronounced.

Oregon State's defensive coordinator is named Mark Banker. He might come in handy.

244. A big pile of nonsense (gef the talking mongoose) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 06:04 PM (#4299219)

Oregon State's defensive coordinator is named Mark Banker. He might come in handy.

Definitely, considering how much Chizik's buyout is -- something like $7.5 million, I think ... though I've read it goes down considerably in mid-December, or something like that.
   245. DA Baracus Posted: November 09, 2012 at 06:18 PM (#4299226)
Purdue has Danny Hope. Ironically he is quite an old-looking and uninspiring guy.

It bugs me that Larry Fedora doesn't wear a fedora. Jerry Kill on the other hand, I'm okay with him not living up to his name.
   246. Slivers of Maranville descends into chaos (SdeB) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 07:04 PM (#4299250)
Then there's Dana X. Bible.
   247. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 07:42 PM (#4299283)
Al Golden is anything but this season.
   248. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 09, 2012 at 07:44 PM (#4299286)
btw: the Mike Leach press conference this week is worth finding. I'll dig it up later for everyone.
   249. hokieneer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 02:35 PM (#4299589)
Oh Syracuse
   250. I am going to be Frank Posted: November 10, 2012 at 03:34 PM (#4299621)
I didn't watch the Michigan last week but its weird watching a QB who has touch on his throws.
   251. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 03:39 PM (#4299622)
Mizzou v Tennessee, which coach needs to win more badly?
   252. Every Inge Counts Posted: November 10, 2012 at 03:50 PM (#4299625)
So Florida.....

Also Tommy Tuberbville slapped his OC today.
   253. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 03:52 PM (#4299627)
Yeah, I know UF looks sleepy out there and the O isn't so hot (though backup QB is in) but come on now. U Laf? They are on the move again.
   254. DA Baracus Posted: November 10, 2012 at 04:26 PM (#4299640)
Georgia Tech 58, North Carolina 50.

At the end of the third quarter.
   255. Pops Freshenmeyer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 04:40 PM (#4299651)
I guess that's what Lafayette gets for just trying to get into OT at the end there.
   256. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 04:43 PM (#4299652)
Miracle wins for Florida and Michigan.

Does WVU have the worst defense in the history of the bcs era?
   257. DA Baracus Posted: November 10, 2012 at 04:46 PM (#4299655)
Does WVU have the worst defense in the history of the bcs era?

Georgia Tech is in the conversation. A WVU-GT game might crack 200 points.
   258. Pops Freshenmeyer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:05 PM (#4299670)
I heart Johnny Football. That guy is crazy fun to watch.
   259. Mike Webber Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:08 PM (#4299672)
Mizzou v Tennessee, which coach needs to win more badly?

Dooley - unless you want to say he is already fired, no matter what.
   260. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:10 PM (#4299673)
WTF is happening to Alabama?
   261. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:13 PM (#4299675)
48-48 in Knox, 4ots now.

Wazzu D in 08/09 and CU this year are that bad (WVA) too. Baylor this year too. CU giving up 48 pts a game, worst in all of I-A. Baylor worst in yards allowed.
   262. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:15 PM (#4299677)
This is classic fast start by A&M. For past two years they've had good leads against good and bad teams and have blew many of them. I did say A&M was best chance to beat Bama this year.
   263. Pops Freshenmeyer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:18 PM (#4299681)
WTF is up with USC? If they don't win today there is a legit chance they end the season 6-6 after being pre-season #1.
   264. hokieneer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:21 PM (#4299684)
When is Rutgers coming to Morgantwon?
   265. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:22 PM (#4299686)
WTF is up with USC?

They have absolutely no defense and Matt Barkley is a pick machine.
   266. DA Baracus Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:23 PM (#4299687)
WTF is up with USC? If they don't win today there is a legit chance they end the season 6-6 after being pre-season #1.

They were never that good.
   267. Mike Webber Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:24 PM (#4299690)
When is Rutgers coming to Morgantwon?

Would you attend a pinstripe bowl in Yankee Stadium against Pitt?
   268. Pops Freshenmeyer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:25 PM (#4299691)
They were never that good.

They are brimming with talent and I believe they won 10 games last year - including over Oregon.

EDIT: Im not arguing with your point; I just don't remember anybody saying this before the year began.
   269. DA Baracus Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:30 PM (#4299696)
They are brimming with talent and I believe they won 10 games last year - including over Oregon.

I should clarify. Their #1 pre-season rank was too high. They should be much better than a 6-6 team, but you get what you pay for when Lane Kiffin is your coach.
   270. hokieneer Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:36 PM (#4299701)
Would you attend a pinstripe bowl in Yankee Stadium against Pitt?

WVU would have to become bowl eligible for me to answer that.
   271. McCoy Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:36 PM (#4299702)
The door to the National Championship is now wide open for Notre Dame.
   272. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:37 PM (#4299704)
BAMA is wobbling
   273. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:41 PM (#4299709)
Rutgers blew out Army today!! (I can say that becauese I know nobody watched it)
   274. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:43 PM (#4299710)
WVU needs tighter chin straps.
   275. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:44 PM (#4299712)
Nuce effort by Austin.
   276. Every Inge Counts Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:48 PM (#4299717)
The one game I was worried about. Alabama needs a huge defensive stop here.
   277. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:49 PM (#4299719)
Im pretty sure Bama is going to win.
   278. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:52 PM (#4299722)
MANZIEL. hoky crwp.
   279. VoodooR Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:52 PM (#4299723)
Wow. This QB from A&M is incredible!
   280. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:53 PM (#4299725)
This QB from A&M is incredible!

He had committed to go to Oregon but backed out because he didn't want to go that far from home. Can you imagine the QB controversy if they had both Manziel and Mariota?
   281. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:54 PM (#4299726)
Alabama looks like they have no answer for TAMU
   282. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:58 PM (#4299727)
Bama needs to score here after the big stop.
   283. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 05:59 PM (#4299728)
Also, there was an egregious personal foul at the end of that play that didn't get called.
   284. Every Inge Counts Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:00 PM (#4299730)
Well we made a stop. God this reminds me of the Stephen Garcia South Carolina game...
   285. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:02 PM (#4299732)
There's the real Alabama.
   286. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:02 PM (#4299733)
Hell Bama might take the lead before halftime
   287. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:07 PM (#4299736)
Tamu should use a timeout!
   288. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:09 PM (#4299738)
I think the onky question now id if Bama will win by 10 or 20.
   289. VoodooR Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:10 PM (#4299739)
How can they not have cameras on both sides of the end zone?
   290. Every Inge Counts Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:35 PM (#4299747)
Let's see if Alabama can make a stop on 3rd down in the 2nd half...
   291. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:49 PM (#4299752)
Terrible call.
   292. AuntBea Posted: November 10, 2012 at 06:58 PM (#4299757)
Stanford went for 2 after a touchdown put them up 4 with 5 minutes left. The announcers immediately said it was the "right call". Now I really hope that OSU scores the go ahead touchdown with a minute or two left.
   293. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:02 PM (#4299762)
I don't see how it's a bad call. OSU would have to kick two field goals to make it look bad.
   294. AuntBea Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:03 PM (#4299763)
No, OSU just has to score a touchdown this drive to make it look bad.
   295. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:09 PM (#4299766)
There's no practical difference between being up four and being up five. A two point conversion is absolutely the right call, and every coach in the country would make it. Are you drunk?
   296. AuntBea Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:14 PM (#4299770)
Are you? There's a huge practical difference. If OSU scores a touchdown, they are likely to leave enough time for Stanford to come back for a fieldgoal. Gong for 2 just allows OSU to not have to, if they get their touchdown.
   297. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:42 PM (#4299774)
That could be tge fumble that dooms bama
   298. UCCF Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:43 PM (#4299776)
I really want A&M to win, but... Johnny Football?

It just makes you want to punch him in the face.
   299. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:44 PM (#4299777)
What. A. THROW.
   300. Weekly Journalist_ Posted: November 10, 2012 at 07:47 PM (#4299778)
Bama looks beaten.
Page 3 of 35 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Harveys Wallbangers
for his generous support.