Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

OT: Soccer Thread (2018-19 season begins!)

Let’s get it on!

August 3 - English Championship (Reading v Derby)
August 4 - Scottish Premier League, League One (ENG), League Two (ENG)
August 10 - English Premier League (Manchester United v Leicester City), Eredivisie, Primeira Liga
August 11 - Ligue 1
August 17 - La Liga
August 18 - Serie A
August 24 - Bundesliga (Bayern v Hoffenheim)
August 28 - UEFA Champions League Playoff Round
September 6 - UEFA Nations League

TV Rights:
UEFA Nations League - ESPN
UEFA Champions League - Turner Sports
EPL - NBC
EFL - ESPN+
La Liga - BeIN
Bundesliga - Fox
Ligue 1 - BeIN

Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: July 31, 2018 at 01:10 PM | 295 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: off topic, soccer

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 > 
   1. jmurph Posted: July 31, 2018 at 02:18 PM (#5718566)
News on Champions League broadcasting. Understandable, but kind of a bummer.

And still no Serie A tv news! Other than the not actually sourced thing in the article about the Roma owner that it will be ESPN and DAZN.
   2. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: July 31, 2018 at 03:35 PM (#5718614)
Thanks for getting a new thread up, Jose!
   3. Sean Forman Posted: July 31, 2018 at 04:04 PM (#5718638)
Thanks for getting a new thread up, Jose!

Ditto.

Latest reports are Pulisic will stay at Dortmund. My preference which matters not (for many reasons) is that he stays and puts up a 25 G+A season. That would put him in Hazard's neighborhood for his age 19 season. Then he can move onto the PL next year and expect to get a good amount of playing time.

Miazga to Caen who were 17th in Ligue 1 last year.
   4. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: July 31, 2018 at 04:06 PM (#5718640)

That was the move I wanted to post in the last thread, Caen obviously aren't great, but Ligue 1 is a step up from the Eredivsie ...
   5. Sean Forman Posted: July 31, 2018 at 04:13 PM (#5718645)
That was the move I wanted to post in the last thread, Caen obviously aren't great, but Ligue 1 is a step up from the Eredivsie ...

Would have had Europa at Vitesse. Would have liked to see him in Italy learning the fine arts of defense, but what can you do.
   6. Sean Forman Posted: July 31, 2018 at 04:14 PM (#5718646)
Erik Palmer-Brown got on for NAC Breda today in a friendly as well.
   7. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: July 31, 2018 at 04:25 PM (#5718653)
I have to expect that CCV is going out on loan to at least a Championship level club this season as well, though I expect it won't be until after the PL window closes ...
   8. vortex of dissipation Posted: August 01, 2018 at 02:22 AM (#5718891)
EFL - ESPN+

I'd be interested in ESPN+ to watch English Championship games. This article about ESPN+ says:

The ESPN app is available on the following devices: Android smartphones, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Smart TVs, Fire Tablets, iPhone, and iPad.

What it doesn't say is if you can watch the content on ESPN+ on an old-fashioned desktop PC. I don't have a tablet, smartphone, or any of those other devices. Can I just watch it on my computer? I've also never used an "app". I've heard the word many times, but I'm not really sure what it means.
   9. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 01, 2018 at 03:10 AM (#5718894)
What it doesn't say is if you can watch the content on ESPN+ on an old-fashioned desktop PC.

Yes, you can.
   10. vortex of dissipation Posted: August 01, 2018 at 03:54 AM (#5718897)
Yes, you can.

Thank you.
   11. Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: August 01, 2018 at 08:31 AM (#5718917)
Yeah what I've done is gone to ESPN3.com and there is a link there.
   12. Mefisto Posted: August 01, 2018 at 08:52 AM (#5718926)
Before anyone makes their predictions, they should read the pre-season analysis at statsbomb. The one on United is deservedly brutal.
   13. Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: August 01, 2018 at 09:13 AM (#5718928)
12 - That's an interesting piece and site.

Is there any study on World Cup playing time and form the following season? I feel like guys like Pogba, Modric, etc...who played a lot of high energy minutes would be good bets to have off years while guys like Sane or Salah, as good as they were last year, could benefit from the relative lack of playing time.
   14. RMc Has Bizarre Ideas to Fix Baseball Posted: August 01, 2018 at 11:20 AM (#5719004)
August 3 - English Championship (Reading v Derby)

Wow, Reading playing Derby for the championship of England? But the season just started!

No, "the Championship" is just the confusing name for the second division, which should be called League Two...except that's the name of the fourth division.

What?
   15. Shooty would run in but these bone spurs hurt! Posted: August 01, 2018 at 12:56 PM (#5719101)
No, "the Championship" is just the confusing name for the second division, which should be called League Two...except that's the name of the fourth division.

Shit! When did this happen? What tomfoolery! Soccer ball is so stupid!

Speaking of tomfoolery, would a Bonucci swap for Higuaín sending Bonucci back to Juventus happen in any other league? I feel like that would be like Spurs selling Alli to Arsenal and then getting him back the next season by swapping Harry Kane for him. Can't wait for Serie A to be back on a real channel.
   16. aberg Posted: August 01, 2018 at 01:21 PM (#5719123)
Speaking of tomfoolery, would a Bonucci swap for Higuaín sending Bonucci back to Juventus happen in any other league? I feel like that would be like Spurs selling Alli to Arsenal and then getting him back the next season by swapping Harry Kane for him. Can't wait for Serie A to be back on a real channel.

Also, Higuain going to Milan leaves Juve without a true striker. Dybala can play there, but he's better on the right-hand side. Obviously, Ronaldo prefers to play on the left. Mandzukic has played in the middle, but is more effective as a wide player. They have several other true wingers- Douglas Costa, Cuadrado, Bernadeschi, Pjaca. The timing of Higuain's departure shortly after Ronaldo's arrival makes me think that Ronaldo will play more in the middle than he did for Real. It might make more sense for him as he ages because it would save him some effort tracking back on fast wingers.

Getting Bonucci back (at the expense of Caldara who was on loan last year) makes me wonder if they will go back to the 3-man back line they played often two years ago with Bonucci, Barzagli, and Chiellini. Benatia and Rugani might be better options than the latter two at this point, but the formation would still work. As long as Alex Sandro remains on the roster, he'll be in their best lineup, but he can function as more of a wingback, and that might be the best option for the recently-acquired Cancelo, too. That would probably mean playing a sort of 5-3-2/3-5-2 with two wingbacks/wingers, three central mids, and two true attackers. Something like:

Szczesny
Cancelo OR Costa - Bonucci - Benatia - Rugani - Sandro
Pjanic - Can - Matuidi Or Khedira OR Sturaro OR Marchisio OR Bentacur
Ronaldo - Dybala OR Mandzukic

If they want to line up in a more traditional 4-3-3, one of those CBs would be replaced by another winger on the front line, which might be a better fit to keep Costa in the squad. They have lots of depth everywhere, except a true #9.
   17. aberg Posted: August 01, 2018 at 01:23 PM (#5719124)
Can't wait for Serie A to be back on a real channel.

Also, I have bein as part of Sling. The condense almost every Serie A and La Liga game into 30 and/or 60 minute versions. It has allowed me to watch way more of those leagues than I otherwise would, and if Serie A ends up elsewhere, I will really miss it.
   18. I am going to be Frank Posted: August 01, 2018 at 02:47 PM (#5719189)
Ronaldo starts on the left and does whatever he wants. He's purely a striker now, he never tracks back. Mandzukic is a good running mate for him since he will do all the running that Ronaldo won't any more.

I've seen that Rojo is going to Everton for 30M. That seems like a big overpay. Only 9 days left until the first match of the season, which means 8 days left until the window. What's going to be funny is that while the English window closes pretty early, the other major European leagues can still buy until the end of August. This totally is set up for some post start of the season poaching by Barca or Madrid.
   19. Textbook Editor Posted: August 01, 2018 at 03:50 PM (#5719235)
Szczesny
Cancelo OR Costa - Bonucci - Benatia - Rugani - Sandro
Pjanic - Can - Matuidi Or Khedira OR Sturaro OR Marchisio OR Bentacur
Ronaldo - Dybala OR Mandzukic

[rubs eyes in disbelief, looks again]

Szczesny

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously, that's the funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time.

FWIW, I fully expect Spurs to finish 5th-6th this year because of the WC hangover problem + no new signings to enable proper squad rotation. I'd be tempted to prioritize the CL over the EPL this season if I was Spurs. The only reason they might wind up in the top 4 will be if Chelsea & ManU implode & Arsenal struggles under the new manager (I half-suspect the opposite will happen, though), and even then I think half the starting lineup for Spurs will be hurt/on the shelf come Xmas.

If it wasn't for the fact Man City is just so clearly better and has a deep roster to rotate effectively, I'd say this was the year another Leicester was possible, because I think there's a lot of gassed players in the top 6, but that's probably expecting too much.
   20. Shooty would run in but these bone spurs hurt! Posted: August 01, 2018 at 04:03 PM (#5719244)
No signings isn't great for Spurs, but, on the other hand, no one left. Eriksen isn't at Barca, Kane isn't at Real, Pochettino isn't at Real, Dembele isn't in China, Alderweireld isn't at Man U. Alli, Lamela, Moura, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Trippier and Kane are all extended. Silver linings and all. It's pretty obvious this market has flummoxed Levy, though. There's no stadium sponsor, either, which seems weird so close to the opening. I still think Spurs will be battling for 3/4 with Man U and Chelsea and maybe Arsenal. Man City and Liverpool seem too far ahead right now.
   21. SPICEY WITH A SIDE OF BEER ON A BABYYYYYYY Posted: August 01, 2018 at 04:14 PM (#5719248)
Yeah if Toby and Dembele stay and play and Danny Rose is fit and plays like he did 2 years ago a lot of stuff is fine.

I would like them to sign someone to rotate in central mid, and I think they might, but it is just starting to look like it won't be a difference maker. But who knows, if I've learned anything from soccer video games, Kante may announce 8 hours prior to the window closing he demands to be sold to Tottenham.
   22. I am going to be Frank Posted: August 01, 2018 at 06:04 PM (#5719286)
Chesney has been very good in Italy.
   23. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 01, 2018 at 08:46 PM (#5719342)
Nice open, fun first half in the MLS All-Star Game ...
   24. aberg Posted: August 01, 2018 at 11:22 PM (#5719463)
Yes, Szczeszny was somehow one of the better keepers in Italy with Roma and Juve aggressively pursued him to be Buffon's successor.

Spurs have been connected to Grealish a lot. He's probably not a PL starter on a good team, but he's super aggressive and could probably be a good rotational mf for them.
   25. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 02, 2018 at 12:06 AM (#5719466)
Spurs have been connected to Grealish a lot. He's probably not a PL starter on a good team, but he's super aggressive and could probably be a good rotational mf for them.

He's also "homegrown", which they need ...
   26. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: August 02, 2018 at 04:41 PM (#5719872)
Burnley going to extra time against Aberdeen in the Europa cup.
   27. G. Bostock Posted: August 02, 2018 at 07:15 PM (#5719959)
Premiership Rumours and Realities

- Watford seek borrow-to-buy deal with Barcelona for Paco Alcacer

- Danny Ings to Crystal Palace?

- Bayer Leverkusen ask Spurs about Marcus Edwards

- Everton bid €33m for Rojo

- Fiorentina to borrow Everton's Mirallas

- Ahmed Musa leaves Leicester City for Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia

- Burnely offer £8m for Swansea's Clucas

- Headed abroad: Alderweireld, Dembele, Danny Rose

- ManC consider Marco Verratti

- Burnley bid of £16m for Jay Rodriguez rejected by West Brom

- ManC lend prospect defender Adarabioyo to West Brom for season

- Watford after Monaco's Rachid Ghezzal

- ManU exec in Barcelona to finalise Yerny Mina deal

- Leicester wish list: Nicolas Pepe, Quincy Promes, Thorgan Hazard and Rachid Ghezzal

- West Ham offer €30m for Maxi Gomez; Celta de Vigo want €40m

- West Ham sign Xande Silva

- Burnley offer £12m to Middlesbrough for Ben Gibson

- Watford sign Abdoulaye Doucoure to five-year contract

- Fulham sign Alfie Mawson from Swansea

- Wolves will pay £18m to Boro for Adama Traore

- ManU want Jerome Boateng and will swap Martial for him

- ManU lend goalkeeper prospect Joel Pereira to Vitoria de Setubal

- Bayern abandon Martial campaign

- Palace sign Max Meyer

- Obiang wants out of West Ham. Hammers eye Jose Mario or to borrow Sturaro as a replacement

- Southampton interested in Kevin Malcuit (Lille)

(I could have posted one of these yesterday, but I got a surprise dinner invitation.)
   28. Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: August 02, 2018 at 07:40 PM (#5719973)
Burnley advance with two goals in extra time.

Game I wish I had seen: Lech Poznan beat Shaktar Soligorsk 3-1 (4-2) in extra time to advance. Looks like things really kicked off late as Soligorsk picked up a red card in the 117th minute then after Poznan made it 3-1 shortly afterwards Soligorsk got tagged with reds in the 121st and 122nd to finish with 8 men on the pitch it looks like.
   29. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: August 03, 2018 at 02:27 PM (#5720369)
Pretty sure someone has stated this before, but there is one spot left in pot 2 for the champions league group draw. If I'm reading the rules correctly, it will go to Liverpool if Benfica does not advance to the group stage.

Benfica faces Fenerbace in round 3, and if they advance would face PAOK/Spartak in the playoff round. Benfica will be favorites in each of those ties, but since they have to win both rounds, Liverpool is still odds on to make pot 2.
   30. Sean Forman Posted: August 03, 2018 at 03:53 PM (#5720438)
Dortmund should buy Martial. He would fit them perfectly.
   31. Mefisto Posted: August 04, 2018 at 09:45 AM (#5720843)
So is this the most boring transfer window ever?
   32. G. Bostock Posted: August 04, 2018 at 10:55 AM (#5720855)
Premiership Rumours and Realities - bumper half-time edition

- Zaha campaigns to go to Chelsea

- Arsenal's Chuba Akpom off to Salonika

- West Ham after Bernard

- Brighton talking to Hibernian about John McGinn

- Wolves interested in Guedes

- Leander Dendocker nay to both Wolves and Palace

- Wu Lei in Wolves clothing?

- Everton thinking about West Ham's Reece Oxford for £3m

- West Ham can't agree price for Real Sociedad's Januzaj

- West Ham can't get Brahimi

- Antonee Robinson on-loan to Wigan

- ManC's Tosin Adaribioyo to join West Brom on season-loan

- Leicester City loan George Thomas to Scunthorpe

- Fulham loan Tayo Edun to Ipswich

- Spurs prepared to pay £30m for Lewis Cook

- Leicester City sign goalkeeper Viktor Johanssen

- Watford reject Burnley bid for Troy Deeney

- Burnley get Joe Hart for £5m

- Burnley to pay £15m to Middlesbrough for Ben Gibson

- Southampton pursuing Malcuit, but so is Napoli

- ManU to swap Martial for Lewandowski

- Liverpool focus now on sellling not signing

- Morata to stay at Chelsea

- Ghezzal to Leicester to be announced Sunday

- Fiorentina's Simeone now in Spurs' sights

- Arsenal to bid £25m for Vida

- Watford to sign Alvaro Garcia, winger for Cadiz

- Watford unveil statue of Turnip outside ground

- ManC and ManU both turn down chance of Vida

- Mina to sign for 5 years with ManU

- Barca still hope to land Pogba

- Southampton miss out on Malcuit

- ManU confident Alderweireld is theirs, for £50m
   33. I am going to be Frank Posted: August 04, 2018 at 07:51 PM (#5721107)
So the meadowlands is taking sports bets now. I feel like betting on who will win the championship.
   34. G. Bostock Posted: August 05, 2018 at 11:05 AM (#5721228)

- Lucas Perez to join West Ham

- Chelsea will buy Dries Marten if they can dump Morata

- Leeds fancy borrowing ManC prospect Lukas Nmencha

- Palace after Manus Dabbur

- Newcastle to swap Gayle and cash to West Brom for Solomon Rondon

- West Ham to complete £16m deal for Harold Moukoudi (Le Havre)

- Bournemouth agree £25m fee for Lerma

- ManU Mina deal may fall through

- Wolves bid £16m for Vida

- Sterling won't sign extension unless he is paid like top earners

- Chelsea plot nabbing Aaron Ramsey

- ManU to pay £60m to Spurs for Alderweireld

- Mourinho will offer £80m for Maguire

- Chelsea will offer Hazard £300k per week to stay

- Spurs will not pay £75m for Zaha

- Pogba to Barca for £100m?

- Wolves to seek new digs?

- Stoke to keep Jack Butland, frequently mentioned as likely to move to the Premiership

- Gibson to Burnley done deal

- Arsenal prospect Eddie Nketiah could be lent to Rangers

- Benfica deny they are talking to West Ham about Joao Felix
   35. Sean Forman Posted: August 06, 2018 at 08:51 AM (#5721595)
Anyone setting up the Premier League fantasy game this year?
   36. G. Bostock Posted: August 06, 2018 at 01:32 PM (#5721770)

- Benfica denies any dealing over Joao Felix

- Brighton to sign Anders Dreyer

- Perisic to ManU move at standstill

- Agent talk: Mina to ManU; Pogba to stay in spite of his wishes

- Wolves agree fee for Adama Traore

- Mousa Dembele rejects move to Inter

- Arsenal enter Boateng picture

- Courtois move hinges on Chelsea finding replacement

- Arsenal pondering move for Ricardo Rodriguez

- Time run out on Hazard-to-Real

- West Ham made best offer for Andres Gomez

- Calum Chambers on-loan to Fulham in hope of playing time

- Adam Armstrong leaving Newcastle for Blackburn

- ManC produce laundry list of people they are NOT interested in

- Sam Clucas, Burnley can't come to terms

- On/off Martial deal off again

- Palace talisman Yannick Bolasie may move back from Everton

- ManU after Boateng (still) for the right price

- Dwight Gayle loaned to West Ham for season

- Welbeck on loan list (Everton, Bournemouth, Southampton interested)

- Guardiola sees Phil Foden in Premiership picture

- Newcastle players take industrial action against club management

- Chelsea closing in on Fekir

- Paco Alcacer Watford-bound

- Chelsea offering loan of Loftus-Cheek as part of package for Zaha

- Mina thinking about Lyon, not Everton

- ManU take big shovel to moneybin for Milinkovic Savic

- Willian wants to stay at Chelsea

- Chelsea target Jan Oblak as Courtois replacement

- Lucas Perez to West Ham for £5m

- Chelsea target Butland as Courtois replacement

- Chelsea lend Fikayo Tomori to Derby

- Spurs make late move for Lobotka
   37. G. Bostock Posted: August 06, 2018 at 01:39 PM (#5721776)
   38. I am going to be Frank Posted: August 06, 2018 at 03:02 PM (#5721819)
I bet $20 on Spurs to win the league. I think City will win it, but 15-1 seemed a reasonable number to flush $20 down the tubes. Liverpool was something like 4.5-1.
   39. Crispix Attacksel Rios Posted: August 06, 2018 at 05:51 PM (#5721905)
- Antonee Robinson on-loan to Wigan

That's USA international Antonee Robinson to us. And Bolton fans are not happy that he's on loan to Wigan instead of Bolton.
   40. ckash Posted: August 06, 2018 at 07:31 PM (#5721955)
Random thoughts from watching Chelsea in the Community Shield:

1. If Courtois leaves and Caballero ends up being the #1, Chelsea will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league.
2. Luis' legs are gone. Can't move anymore and it's not like he was a technically sound defender to begin with.
3. Barkely is useless. Loan him out.
4. Cesc is cooked. Can't dribble, can't run, can't defend and can't even pass anymore.
5. Morata still doesn't look like he's willing to fight off a defender to get to a ball or get in a scoring position.
6. RLC will be the latest young talent sold before he gets a real chance in the 1st team.
7. Rumor has it Sarri doesn't fancy Christensen either.

41. J. Sosa Posted: August 06, 2018 at 08:48 PM (#5721992)
I set up a new Premiere League Fantasy group under the league name BTF Soccer. I didn’t play last year but if the old one is still around that would be better for getting people to join. If that isn’t an option use this one. Code is:

2394272-633750
   42. Pirate Joe Posted: August 06, 2018 at 09:25 PM (#5722007)

Miazga ends up signing a new deal with Chelsea and then got loaned out to Nantes. Nantes has an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the year.

43. Sean Forman Posted: August 06, 2018 at 10:24 PM (#5722041)
I had Stoke on in the background over the weekend and realized that I had heard no news about Geoff Cameron. I assume he'll be heading back to MLS.

Nantes seems like a good level for Miazga. I would assume he'll be an everyday starter there and will have a chance to continue up the ladder if he plays well.
   44. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 06, 2018 at 11:19 PM (#5722066)
1. If Courtois leaves and Caballero ends up being the #1, Chelsea will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league.

Courtois appears to be pushing the issue:

Thibaut Courtois has made clear his desire to leave Chelsea before the closure of the transfer window this month by spurning talks with Maurizio Sarri and failing to report back for pre‑season training at the Premier League club.

The Belgium international, like his compatriot Eden Hazard, had been due on Monday afternoon at Chelsea’s Cobham training base where the new head coach hoped to hold discussions over his future. Instead, the 26-year-old is understood to have remained in Belgium while he awaits news of a prospective return to Spain with Real Madrid.

Graun
   45. G. Bostock Posted: August 07, 2018 at 10:30 AM (#5722244)

- Spurs don't want Lobotka, but do want Grealish

- Salomon Rondon to Newcastle, season-long loan

- Chelsea after Kepa for keeper

- Everton seek deal for Adama Soumaoro

- West Ham chase Carlos Sanchez

- Top youngster Reiss Nelson to sign with Arsenal

- West Ham loan Sead Haskabanovic to Malaga

- Brentford reject Leicester's bid for Chris Mepham

- Bernard to Everton

- ManU have deal for Alderweireld

- Lyon-for-Mina offer not happening, only Everton and ManU in

- ManU reject swap offer for Pogba from Barca

- Palace yet to receive firm offer for Zaha

- ManU reject Mina + Andre Gomes + 45-50m cash for Pogba; Barca says never such an offer

- Montpellier's Isaac Mbenza bound for Huddersfield

- Marcelo spurns West Ham interest

- Kovcic looking for differet pastures, and Chelsea are interested

- Lyon resisting Newcastle's overtures for Myziane Maolida

- Tottenham plotting swoop on Lyon's Tanguy N'Dombele

- Millwall, the widely despised South London club, plan Premiership-quality ground

- Emery ponders creative financial thinking to bring Barca's Dembele to Arsenal

- Is Fulham interested in St Etienne's Ole Kristian Selnæes?

- Chelsea swoop on Everton-bound Bernard

- Brighton's signing of Anders Dreyer complete

- Middlesbrough aim at Everton's Yannick Bolasie

- Official: Burnley sign Joe Hart

- Big gap between Spurs and Villa over Grealish valuation

- Palace and Wolves sparring for Dendoncker

- Filip Benkovic in Leicester for medical

- Southampton overture for Lobotka rejected

- Matej Vydra Burnley-bound?

- AC Milan take Martial stance

- Batshuayi loan to Sevilla possible

- Fulham lowball Celta Vigo for Hugo Mallo

- Spurs aim at Irish goalkeeper prospect Gavin Bazunu

- Mourinho says Pogba to stay, trying to end speculation

- Burnley with new offer for Jay Rodriguez

- Brighton sign Billy Arce, who is immediately loaned out

- Celtic reject Fulham bid for Dedrick Boyata

- Liverpool have long-term strategy to snare Christian Pulisic

- Celtic want Liverpool's Pedro Chirivella

- Spurs seek goodbye to Rose

- Kroenke snaps up rest of Arsenal for £600m
   46. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 07, 2018 at 02:25 PM (#5722463)
Make of this what you will, but my reaction, if true, is rather pissed:

18.11 BST: Manchester United have an agreement in place with Tottenham for the transfer of centre-back Toby Alderweireld, Goal reports, but it's dependent on the North London club finding a suitable replacement for the 29-year-old Belgian international before the transfer window shuts on Thursday.

Spurs have shat the bed this off season, giving a direct rival for a CL place a top CB would just be the tiny turd cherry on top of the #### Sunday this summer has been ...
   47. PreservedFish Posted: August 07, 2018 at 02:35 PM (#5722469)
In PreservedFish Football Manager news, the cheating tactic I downloaded was way too good. I won Serie A three years in a row, and in the final year, the Best 11 was just my team. My favorite part of the game is the player development, but if you're going to just win almost everything, there's almost no point. I didn't win the Champions League, which would have been a good ambition for my Napoli side, but it wasn't terribly fun.

So I've started a new manager in a Dutch underleague. His name is Michael Carmichael Zutt. He'll only have my own poor tactical mind to help him. Wish him luck.
   48. Shooty would run in but these bone spurs hurt! Posted: August 07, 2018 at 02:37 PM (#5722471)
If the deal hinges on Spurs buying a player then Man U can forget it. I don't know what's going on with Spurs this summer but it's all very weird. No incomings, no outgoings, no stadium naming rights deal and we're losing players from the academy. On the other hand, a lot of extensions have been signed by the most important personnel but it's still all very weird, especially going into the new stadium and a going into a 3rd straight trip to the CL. They should have made one good signing just to keep up the positive momentum. I'll be happy enough when the games start, that's for sure.

49. Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: August 07, 2018 at 02:52 PM (#5722482)
At the moment my vaunted Absurd United squad is playing head to head with Sosa's MagpieRed losers. Every week is a derby!!!! Down with Sosa!
   50. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 07, 2018 at 02:59 PM (#5722488)
I'll be happy enough when the games start, that's for sure.

I'm just going to assume a shattering lose to Newcastle and have done with it ...
   51. J. Sosa Posted: August 07, 2018 at 03:41 PM (#5722525)
If you ain’t first yer last Jose. It’s on like Donkey Kong.
   52. I am going to be Frank Posted: August 07, 2018 at 04:23 PM (#5722585)
Serie A is going to ESPN. A bunch of games on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes while the rest is going to ESPN+. I tried to look at what exactly is available on ESPN+ and couldn't find it. You would think that going to the ESPN+ page would tell you. All I get is an offer of a free 7-day trial.

My NBC Sports subscription subscription just auto-renewed. I really didn't use it all that much (the app isn't very good and most the games I wanted to watch was on TV). However, inertia rules and $50 is fine for convenience sakes.
   53. jmurph Posted: August 07, 2018 at 04:37 PM (#5722597)
Well, guess I'm keeping ESPN+ after signing up to watch the Community Shield.

My NBC Sports subscription subscription just auto-renewed. I really didn't use it all that much (the app isn't very good and most the games I wanted to watch was on TV). However, inertia rules and $50 is fine for convenience sakes.

Extremely same for me. I am not just lazy but also dumb.
   54. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: August 07, 2018 at 04:37 PM (#5722598)
I don't know what's going on with Spurs this summer but it's all very weird.

I read this as "...but it's Alderweireld".
   55. J. Sosa Posted: August 07, 2018 at 04:43 PM (#5722606)
Chelsea looks like they might have an interesting deadline day. Are they really going to pay Kepa’s release clause?
   56. jmurph Posted: August 07, 2018 at 04:49 PM (#5722613)
And speaking of Serie A, I'm extremely open to lobbying for which team(s) I should root for. This is part of my so far wildly unsuccessful 10 year effort to stop watching the NFL, so I'm just looking for another weekend distraction. Notes:

- Partial to Roma, Napoli, and Fiorentina just for personal travel history reasons.
- Parma is going to be in the mix due to the recent bankruptcy/rebirth.
- Will avoid Juventus and probably the Milan teams although given the latter two haven't exactly been dominating the league of late they're not totally out.

Anyone?
   57. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: August 07, 2018 at 04:50 PM (#5722615)
I saw parts of the Benfica game today, and from what I could tell they absolutely dominated. The 1 goal basically went through the keeper though, so with a little more luck Fenerbahce could have had a scoreless draw.

I'm not in the least hopeful that Fenerbahce will turn this around at home next week. They look to be outclassed.
   58. J. Sosa Posted: August 07, 2018 at 05:16 PM (#5722635)
Re: Jmurph

Roma.

- Boston connection

- Monchi

- Sweetest shirt in the sport

- Sweet Romulus and Remus iconography

- Not Juve or a Milan club

- Perennial runners up so minimal bandwagon baggage

- May or may not get a new sweet Colosseum style stadium on the Tiber soon.

I watched a ton of Roma from January on because of Alisson and ended up sort of following them.

59. J. Sosa Posted: August 07, 2018 at 05:18 PM (#5722637)
Boo Benfica!!!

I did one of those fake CL draw simulated thingies with Liverpool in pot 3 a couple weeks ago. It was... not good.
   60. J. Sosa Posted: August 07, 2018 at 05:24 PM (#5722642)
Telegraph says Kepa release clause bought out rumor is evidently true. And Kova on loan.

It’s been said, but what the #### are spurs doing? I have defended him, but Levy can’t beat Chelsea out on a loan? Kovavic would be the perfect ball carrying mid for their system. I don’t get it. Allegedly the loan is part of the Thibou deal, but still. I don’t get it. I guess wages would be the deal breaker for Spurs? I don’t know.
   61. Shooty would run in but these bone spurs hurt! Posted: August 07, 2018 at 05:46 PM (#5722657)
As a Man City fan you should do penance and support Torino. They are the anti Juve and will avoid any divided loyalties by completely avoiding the Champions League.
   62. G. Bostock Posted: August 07, 2018 at 05:59 PM (#5722666)

- West Ham to stump up €50m for Maxi Gomez

- No bid yet for Alderweireld, says source

- Chelsea close to Fekir

- Arsenal casting glances at Vida's ponytail

- Everton looking at Rojo (ManU) and Diego Reyes (free)

- Stanley N'Soki turns down Newcastle

- Fulham borrow Callum Chambers for season

- Jefferson Lerma now with AFC Bournemouth

- Burnley sign Matej Vydra

- Grealish to Spurs imminent

- Tottenham fancy Leon Bailey

- Boateng told Mourinho 'thanks but no thanks'

- Barca still beating Pogba swap drum

- ManU have terms with Spurs for Alderweireld

- Courtois to Real Madrid to be announced tomorrow

- Everton say they have Bernard, and Mina will follow
   63. G. Bostock Posted: August 07, 2018 at 06:31 PM (#5722683)
UEFA Champions' League

I haven't given an update for a while. To remind everyone, I am tracking former champions, plus the Azerbaijani club Qarabag which succeeded last season in getting all the way from the second qualifying round into the group stage, plus the team that beat Drita, the team that won the preliminary qualifying round including clubs from Gibraltar, San Marino and Andorra, which make the early rounds of the Champions' League so democratic.

Malmo is the side that beat Drita. Today they were held 1-1 at home against the Hungarian side f/k/a Videoton and now as MOL Vidi. I would think Malmo were hoping to do better.

Qarabag did even worse, losing at home to the Belarussian side BATE Borisov, 0-1.

Two ex-champions were in action today. Red Star Belgrade drew at home 1-1 to the Slovakians Spartak Trmava. I would think that's a disappointing result for the Serbs.

Ajax drew 2-2 at Standard Liege which puts them in a good position for the return leg at home, provided they can concede fewer than 2 goals.

Celtic's first leg is tomorrow at home against the Greeks AEK Athens.
   64. J. Sosa Posted: August 07, 2018 at 09:16 PM (#5722779)
Ramos with a normal part of the game football play on Pastore.
   65. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 10:52 AM (#5723050)

- Kovacic loan to Chelsea completed

- Spurs bid £25m for Grealish, rumours of Villa rejection

- Watford offer Juventus €20m for Stutaro

- Leicester plan: sign Caglar Soyuncu (Freiburg prospect) and Benkovic, then sell Maguire to ManU

- Everton say they'll get Chelsea's Kurt Zouma on loan

- Spurs considering Norwegian prospect Sander Berge

- Spurs to send Wanyama to Roma

- Chelsea pay Athletic Bilbao £71.6m for Kepa Arrizabalaga

- ManU see Lewandowski on their wing

- Traore to Wolves done deal

- Wolves reveal interest in Sam Clucas

- Ben Mee signs up with Burnley until 2021

- West Ham negotiating for Andre Gomes

- Newcastle agree terms with Sikou Niakaté

- Palace and Southampton battle for Ings

- Window shuts on Grealish deal

- Wolves hope to get Oleksandr Zinchenko from ManC

- Spurs plot Martial for Alderweireld swap

- Everton get Yerry Mina for €40m

- Fulham seek Palermo's Haitam Aleesami

- Darnell Johnson signs 3-year contract with Leicester

- Spurs play for Fulham's Sessegnon goes awry

- Watford not interested in Alcacer

- West Ham to lend Jordan Hugill to Middlesbrough

- Villa turn down Spurs bid for Grealish, player not happy

- West Bromwich Albion spurn Watford interest in Craig Dawson

- Fiorentina after West Ham's Edimilson Fernandes

- Chelsea and Milan talking Bakayoko loan, depends on Kovacic loan

- Leicester not interested in ManU's Maguire offers

- Genk say 'no offers yet for Berge'

- Fulham target Matt Targett

- Napoli consider acquiring Simon Mignolet, hidden among Liverpool back-ups

- Wolves prepare bid for Franck Kessie (AC Milan)
   66. SPICEY WITH A SIDE OF BEER ON A BABYYYYYYY Posted: August 08, 2018 at 11:28 AM (#5723086)
Spurs are really annoying me right now. I'm sure I'm not alone there. I also will be double annoyed if they get rid of Wanyama without getting at least 2 midfielders. I know he wasn't great/healthy last year but he provides a lot of cover and is a good minutes sponge when you're competing on many fronts.
   67. Mefisto Posted: August 08, 2018 at 11:32 AM (#5723096)
I think most fans are upset with their clubs right now, except maybe Liverpool. Unless the frenzy begins very soon -- like now -- everybody will just be standing pat.
   68. aberg Posted: August 08, 2018 at 11:34 AM (#5723099)
ESPN secured the US broadcast rights for Serie A.
   69. Shooty would run in but these bone spurs hurt! Posted: August 08, 2018 at 11:55 AM (#5723127)
The Grealish deal is interesting. Reputable sources are reporting Villa backed out of the deal with Spurs after telling Grealish he could go. Not sure if that's going to happen now which won't be good for anyone, much like the Berahino fiasco. Grealish is 23 now and probably should be in the Premier League. If he were a bit younger I could see forcing him to be patient, but he's entering his prime now and he won't get a sniff of the England team playing in the Championship. I sympathize with his plight.
   70. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 08, 2018 at 12:17 PM (#5723152)
Villa need to sell him. Spurs need to buy him. I expect a deal will get done.
   71. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 12:43 PM (#5723169)
I think most fans are upset with their clubs right now, except maybe Liverpool.

For Premiership purposes, I follow AFC Bournemouth, and read a fan forum regularly.

The pursuit of Lerma was quite interesting to follow there. The posts split into two camps. In one people said it was too much money for an unknown quantity who hadn't impressed them in the World Cup and played for a minor La Liga side. In the other, people expressed great faith in Eddie Howe's ability to identify talent, but were nervous about how Howe's least successful transfers involve players with no experience of English football. In numbers the camps were about even.

Both sides did agree, however, that Lerma was exactly the kind of player Bournemouth have been missing. In numbers they were about even.

I took a look at Lerma's rating for Levante last season on whoscored.com. He got a 6.99 which was not terrible for defensive midfielder, but not particularly good either. This sort of data doesn't get discussed at all though.

Generally these Bournemouth fans are fairly happy with the club's signings, and have a lot of confidence in Howe. Last year signing Defoe created a heated debate, but it was a distinct minority of one who was really, deeply sceptical.
   72. Mefisto Posted: August 08, 2018 at 01:31 PM (#5723228)
I should add that West Ham and Wolves may have made their fans happy.
   73. Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: August 08, 2018 at 01:36 PM (#5723231)
I think most fans are upset with their clubs right now, except maybe Liverpool. Unless the frenzy begins very soon -- like now -- everybody will just be standing pat.

I think the combination of the very short off-season (according to Football Weekly podcast the shortest time from end of WC to start of season since 1966) plus the decision for EPL teams to move up the transfer window has left very little time for teams to do business. Even if you think moving up the transfer window makes sense I think doing it in a World Cup year was a poor decision.
   74. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 01:44 PM (#5723237)
They knew it was coming though. I admit to not being sympathetic. Liverpool had Fekir and Fabinho done before the world cup. Had to wait on Real deciding on whether to obtain Alisson, but still got it done with plenty of room to spare. And Shaqiri, who was also at the world cup. Arsenal got a lot of business done. Wolves, etc.
   75. Jose is an Absurd Force of Nature Posted: August 08, 2018 at 02:09 PM (#5723264)
I agree that there is no real need for sympathy here. As you say they knew it was coming. Just weighing in on why this might be happening.
   76. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 02:19 PM (#5723285)
Oh, it is abrupt for sure, I think you are absolutely correct as to why the bottle neck is occurring. The deals done have mostly been in the works for months. If clubs weren’t working on them beforehand they are screwed unless they are willing to pay big to grease the skids like Chelsea.

Edit to add: Ol Roman dissapointed me. I was hoping he was about to bail but he must have been playing possum.
   77. aberg Posted: August 08, 2018 at 02:30 PM (#5723295)
Oh, it is abrupt for sure, I think you are absolutely correct as to why the bottle neck is occurring. The deals done have mostly been in the works for months. If clubs weren’t working on them beforehand they are screwed unless they are willing to pay big to grease the skids like Chelsea.

Chelsea's weird manager situation also contributed to their bottleneck. They didn't really have a choice but to overpay because they spent all the time they could have spent negotiating with other teams trying to figure out the Sarri/Conte mess.
   78. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 02:51 PM (#5723321)
I don’t understand that whole situation with Napoli. Napoli’s owner is a hardass and the speculation was that it was perhaps partially due to Chelsea not wanting to pay compensation but it has become obvious it must have been more about the principle than the actual money. I am not being critical of Chelsea, if I were a Chelsea fan I would be very happy.
   79. CWS Keith plans to [omitted] at [omitted] Posted: August 08, 2018 at 03:16 PM (#5723352)
I don't have strong feelings one way or the other as far as when the transfer window should close, but I seem to remember a lot of complaining about the old system, too. From a Liverpool perspective, it was a bit awkward having Mascherano suit up for the first game when you knew he was probably days away from his eventual Barca move, and likewise Coutinho sitting out the first few games with an "upper/lower body injury" as he pushed for his move.

Serie A team to root for: if you want a team that actually has a shot of winning something, Inter, Roma, Napoli or AC Milan (they will presumably get their #### together at some point) are the best shouts. Torino and Fiorentina are in that category of not likely to win anything but not likely facing relegation, either (speaking generally here, as it wasn't that long ago Torino were in B). Both also have neat histories (Torino's part neat, part devastating). Atalanta have been fun recently, breaking in lots of young kids. Genoa/Sampdoria are huge rivals and have a pretty fierce derby. They share what appears from TV to be a lovely stadium. If you want to go super hipster, I think FC Venezia -- currently in B -- now have some money behind them and may be a reasonable shout for promotion. Again, another team not likely to win anything, but I'd think aesthetics are a bigger concern for you.
   80. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 03:47 PM (#5723386)
What, you mean Coutinho playing for Brazil with a critical back injury and great sadness while sitting out a CL qualifier left something to be desired?

That situation still irritates me. Suarez was a bastard true, but by god nothing other than suspension for profanity, violence, or racism could keep him from wreaking unholy havoc on the pitch at every opportunity.

Edit to add: Coutinho’s camp also leaked shots at Klopp. Yes, I may or may not be one of those fans that holds a grudge towards Phil.
   81. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 04:00 PM (#5723403)
PSA:

For anyone interested in the fantasy league and planning to join don’t forget that the season starts with a match Friday. We offer fabulous prizes, such as the undying admiration of your peers and the certain knowledge of one’s intellectual superiority over other posters. Join if you can, otherwise it will be a no holds barred triple threat match between Ckash, Jose, and I.
   82. jmurph Posted: August 08, 2018 at 04:05 PM (#5723410)
Thanks for the Serie A thoughts, everyone. Definitely adding Atalanta and Torino to the list of possibilities with Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, and Parma. I think in truth I'm just going to try to watch a lot more this year and then the heart will want what the heart wants at some point. I tried to will myself into liking Arsenal when I first started watching the Premier League 11 or however many years ago, and that didn't take.
   83. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 04:24 PM (#5723426)
For anyone interested in the fantasy league and planning to join don’t forget that the season starts with a match Friday.

Adding a link would help.
   84. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 04:50 PM (#5723450)
   85. I am going to be Frank Posted: August 08, 2018 at 05:34 PM (#5723485)
Because of the Boston connection I will not root for Roma. Since both Milan teams aren't very good now, isn't it "ok" to start rooting for one of them? Laurenitis seems like a full-on a-hole. Juve - nope. I like prosciutto, but for some reason I think Parma is bankrupt and they are very far away from Serie A.

I think one of the big problems with moving up the transfer window is that none of the other leagues did. So while English teams are scrambling other leagues have less sense of urgency. That fee for Courtois' replacement is crazy. I know it was a release clause, it was Bilbao and he's Basque, but that's a lot of money.
   86. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 05:46 PM (#5723497)

- Watford want to borrow James Ward-Prowse from Southampton

- Valencia after Michy Batshuayi

- Jordan Hugill to Middlesbrough for season

- ManU offer Lazio €100m for Sergej Milinkovic Savic

- ManU still pursuing loan of Boateng after Leicester slams door on Maguire

- Fulham to get Sergio Rico on loan

- Fekir blocks Chelsea move, wants Champ League football

- Newcastle ask Barca to borrow Marlon Santos

- Watford offer €60m for Guedes

- Bournemouth lend Brad Smith to Seattle Sounders

- Darmian to stay at ManU

- Bournemouth lend Emerson Hyndman to Hibernians

- Vida to Arsenal deal dead

- Wolves and ManC agree fee for Oleksandr Zinchenko

- Labour Party oppose Kroenke's Arsenal takeover

- Official: Courtois to Real Madrid completed

- Brighton sign prospect Leo Skiri Ostigard

- Danny Rose to Schalke on loan?

- Spurs expect ManU to make Smalling-or-Rojo-for-Aderweireld offer

- Leicester get Caglar Soyuncu for £20m

- Fulham attempt to gazumph Villa's bid for Joe Bryan
   87. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 05:49 PM (#5723499)
How do I find the BTF Soccer group? I can pick a team, but I don't see how to join a league.

EDIT: Wait, do I have to enter the squad first?
   88. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 05:56 PM (#5723503)
Click on the More tab, select Leagues from the drop down, click Create or Join league, click Join a league, click join a Private league, and then paste the league number I posted in 41.

Apologies for the way the number was posted, I was on mobile and in a hurry.
   89. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 06:03 PM (#5723504)
The Mercato also closes early in Serie A this year.

Paying that much for Kepa is crazy, but only if money is an issue. He is very talented, Zidane wanted him. He suits Sarri’s system very well. For a club like Chelsea that makes a lot more sense than dropping a decent chunk on a domestic league keeper like Butland or Schmeichel that doesn’t fit the system and isn’t super great.
   90. aberg Posted: August 08, 2018 at 06:04 PM (#5723505)
- Bournemouth lend Brad Smith to Seattle Sounders

Does anyone know more about his style of play? From what I have read so far, he's very fast and it sounds like the Sounders may use him as a wide MF option and not just a defender.
   91. aberg Posted: August 08, 2018 at 06:09 PM (#5723507)
I'm curious what will happen to Keylor Navas. I am not enough of an expert to evaluate the intricacies of different keepers, but he has always struck me as being very good for Real and outstanding for Costa Rica. It seems like there are some excellent teams for which he would be an upgrade. Napoli comes to mind. I think he would probably have been better for Arsenal than Leno, and perhaps a better option for Chelsea, but those ships have sailed.
   92. J. Sosa Posted: August 08, 2018 at 06:12 PM (#5723508)
If memory serves Brad Smith is a burly guy with wheels and no technical ability whatsoever. If he is the guy I am thinking of, his time at Liverpool was most notable for being subbed in at Stamford Bridge during the festive period in a fit of pique by Brendan Rodgers over transfer policy.

In fairness to Rodgers, that window did end up biting them in the ass. As for his time at Bournemouth, I got nothin.

Edit to add: TLDR: He’s a fullback.
   93. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 08:49 PM (#5723612)
I have joined BTF Soccer. This is how I did it.

a) Register an account at J Sosa's link.
b) Pick team of fifteen
c) Enter team name
d) Once I got to my team page, there was a button to the lower right 'Create and join leagues' Click on that.
e) Keep going until one is asked to enter a code. Paste J Sosa's code.
f) And success!
   94. Crispix Attacksel Rios Posted: August 08, 2018 at 09:13 PM (#5723638)
If memory serves Brad Smith is a goalkeeper and his time at Liverpool was notable for being a good backup in the period when they were finishing 7th every year. Apparently that was Brad Jones.
   95. jmurph Posted: August 08, 2018 at 09:30 PM (#5723666)
I like prosciutto, but for some reason I think Parma is bankrupt and they are very far away from Serie A.

No that's the fun part- they went bankrupt, reformed in Serie D then got promoted 3 straight times, so they're back in Serie A now. They do have a 5 point deduction to start the year, so they're obviously in trouble straight away.

Since both Milan teams aren't very good now, isn't it "ok" to start rooting for one of them?

I say yes to this, but I was never drawn to AC Milan anyway so it's not really an issue. I kind of casually watched Mancini's Inter teams back when Fox Soccer had Serie A but never really got into them.
   96. G. Bostock Posted: August 08, 2018 at 09:32 PM (#5723669)
As for [Brad Smith's] time at Bournemouth, I got nothin.

Neither did Bournemouth, to be honest.

He didn't get much playing time there, partly due to injuries, and when he did, people rarely had anything good to say about him.
   97. Sean Forman Posted: August 09, 2018 at 12:57 AM (#5723789)
OK, my premier league predictions which are laughably wrong typically.

First off, I think it's a top six
Knife fight for 7-19 with Wolves and Everton likely safe and everyone else scared at some point.

Cardiff

In detail

Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal ( I put a good chunk on them to win the title at 20-1. I think they could surprise)
Tottenham

Chelsea
United (heard that Mourinho was the current fave to be sacked or leave)

West Ham (pelligrini)
Wolverhampton
Everton
Crystal Palace
Leicester
Watford
Brighton
Burnley
Newcastle
Fulham
Southampton (they get pulled into the sunderland vortex this year)

Huddersfield
Bournemouth
Cardiff

Emerson Hyndman back to Scotland and Hibernian for the year. Not great, Bob.

98. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: August 09, 2018 at 01:23 AM (#5723791)
I have little insight into mid-table teams.

Man City
Liverpool
Tottenham
Chelsea

United
Arsenal

Everton
Leicester
West Ham
Wolverhampton

Southampton
Crystal Palace
Newcastle

Burnley
Fulham
Bournemouth
Brighton

Watford
Huddersfield
Cardiff
   99. SPICEY WITH A SIDE OF BEER ON A BABYYYYYYY Posted: August 09, 2018 at 09:08 AM (#5723845)
I don't even understand how anyone at Tottenham could have looked at Ben Davies last year and said, "Yeah, more of that, please". He is pretty much single handedly responsible for Juventus advancing on them. Aurrier also deserves some blame, but Davies was solely responsible for 2 of the goals with terrible mistakes (fouling the #### out of someone by wildly swinging his leg without knowing where the offensive player in the box was, and playing Dybala onside).
   100. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: August 09, 2018 at 09:58 AM (#5723886)
flip
Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 > 

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
robneyer
for his generous support.