Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Monday, October 16, 2017

OTP 16 October 2017: Sorry, Yankee fans: Trump’s claim that he can ensure victory simply isn’t true

As is sometimes the case with Trump’s tweet’s, his claims don’t hold up. We identified 14 games that Trump has attended since 1988, including two preseason games and the game above. Of those 14 games, the Yankees won eight and lost six — 57 percent of the time during seasons when the Yankees won 60 percent of their games overall.

In other words — Trump might be a jinx.

(As always, views expressed in the article lede and comments are the views of the individual commenters and the submitter of the article and do not represent the views of Baseball Think Factory or its owner.)

Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 16, 2017 at 07:49 AM | 1967 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: astros, playoffs, politics, yankees

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 4 of 20 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
   301. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 16, 2017 at 10:23 PM (#5555486)

Yeah ... as predicted. I seek no credit for the prediction, since it takes no great foresight.

This kind of exaggeration plays well in the echo chamber, for certain. Beyond, not so much.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

And his "net" approval (subtracting disapproval) has been the worst among those 13 presidents every day of his presidency, and it's never been particularly close. Currently he's within a single percentage point of same-day Gerald Ford in approval, but at -18.3, his net approval is 9 percentage points worse than Ford's, and every other president was in positive territory at this point.
While we can argue about whether he's flattened out in the mid-to-high 30s or if his popularity continued to gradually erode over the last several months, what is clear is just what an astonishing, and still not properly appreciated, achievement this is. Put aside questions about how well a start this bad predicts how he'll be seen in November 2018 or November 2020: To get this unpopular, this fast, and to do it in an era of relatively good times, is just breathtaking.

Granted, it's not quite true that because the president is so unpopular, everything he's done must feed into that unpopularity. But I do think it's impressive enough that our default should be that whatever he's doing is unlikely to be working on this score. I've seen people claim he's winning his fight against the NFL, for example, but the numbers certainly don't suggest that's the case.

In fact, Harry Enten at FiveThirtyEight estimates that Trump's net approval is a whopping 30 percentage points below where the economy suggests it should be.

That can't just be the tweeting, or the failure of the health-care bill, or any other single factor. It suggests that almost everything Trump is doing drives away potential supporters. If someone suspects they've found the exception, the burden is on them to prove it.

You can slice and dice it however you want.

The bottom line is that Trump started out as the least popular President in history and it's only gotten worse since.

Maybe that echo chamber is actually the vast nothingness in your own head.... And I'll grant - if you combine the vast empty spaces in your head AND Trump's -- that's one hell of a lot of echo, so I can see how it gets overwhelming and self-fulfilling to claim it's the rest of the world that hears the echo.
   302. PreservedFish Posted: October 16, 2017 at 10:30 PM (#5555490)
SBB's 401k looks great, so your arguments are not valid.
   303. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: October 16, 2017 at 10:41 PM (#5555496)
SBB's 401k looks great, so your arguments are not valid.
His fake 401K, amirite?
   304. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 16, 2017 at 10:58 PM (#5555497)
Lisa Bloom initially represented Weinstein. Seemed odd given that she's postured herself as a victims' rights attorney, particularly of female victims.

Per Buzzfeed she may have had a financial incentive here. And there's talk that she tried to quash various stories:

Others called out her financial connection to the Weinstein Company, which had been planning to turn her book on Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black teen killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida, into a mini-series.

That, combined with her GMA appearance and an email obtained by HuffPost in which she referred to the likelihood of “more and different reporting” in response to the Times, including “photos of several of the accusers in very friendly poses with Harvey after his alleged misconduct,” was reportedly too much for Weinstein Company board members and Bloom resigned that Saturday.

This week, however, Kim Masters, editor-at-large for The Hollywood Reporter, alleged Bloom had tried to quash a story about sexual harassment allegations against former client Roy Price, the chief of Amazon Studios, as it was shopped to various media outlets earlier this year.

Now, normally a lawyer representing variously situated clients wouldn't be news, but again, Bloom has positioned herself as a victims' rights attorney. It seems that she's motivated not by altruism but by money. Which would make her human, but I think we can now drop the fiction that Bloom cares about victims. She and her mother are ambulance chasers of a different stripe.
   305. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:04 PM (#5555498)
Rose McGowan's Facebook page:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Lisa Bloom.
Lisa Bloom.

Your very name makes my stomach clench with a stressed tightness that takes my breath away. As does your mercenary act of depravity. Did you think of how it would affect victims to see you champion a rapist? How it felt to those you once “fought for,” for them to know that you used them. You remember them right? They were the victims of assaults, women you’d previously helped. You lied to those hurt women and hid your true character. You wanted a shortcut to fame. You sold your book to be made into a mini-series, where you’d be the next Erin Brokovich, right?

But your avarice has taken you down. And I am glad.

You cannot spin your gaslighting web on us, the public, and have it remove TRUTH.
You know what is truth, Lisa? I feel like people should know that you’ve been calling my literary agent and saying there’d be money for me if I got on the ‘Harvey’s Changed’ bandwagon? You told her that I should care about HIS reputation. How HE has a family now and HE has changed. Well, guess what? I’ve always had a family and that didn’t stop him from assaulting me.

This is the lie you rode in on, Lisa Bloom. You are done. We see you for who and what you are. You are a snake that sold out other women who are purer than you can ever hope to be.

More at the link. And on her FB page in general.

306. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:05 PM (#5555500)
McGowan update:

To clarify: Lisa Bloom did not offer me six million. I was offered one million by her counterpart, Charles Harder. I countered at six to #### with them and to see how angry HW would get. I let that sink in for one day and then wrote my lawyer that there would be NO buying my silence.

The thing is, I was NEVER silent. I told everyone. It wasn’t me that didn’t speak up, it was just that no one cared to hear.
   307. Swoboda is freedom Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:07 PM (#5555501)
Trump didn’t then specify which presidents supposedly never called service members’ families.

I heard George Washington never made any calls to families. Disgraceful. Lincoln didn't either.
   308. The Yankee Clapper Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:16 PM (#5555504)
Now, normally a lawyer representing variously situated clients wouldn't be news, but again, Bloom has positioned herself as a victims' rights attorney. It seems that she's motivated not by altruism but by money. Which would make her human, but I think we can now drop the fiction that Bloom cares about victims. She and her mother are ambulance chasers of a different stripe.

What I find stranger than Bloom trying to make money off representing Weinstein, is her public remarks quite critical of ol' Harv since resigning from his representation. Since when can you ethically do that to a former client? Granted, its California, but I'm a bit surprised that there have been no apparent repercussions.
   309. Don August(us) Cesar Geronimo Berroa Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:19 PM (#5555507)
Ohio 1st district

This is my district, represented by Steve Chabot
   310. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:22 PM (#5555508)
What I find stranger than Bloom trying to make money off representing Weinstein, is her public remarks quite critical of ol' Harv since resigning from his representation. Since when can you ethically do that to a former client? Granted, its California, but I'm a bit surprised that there have been no apparent repercussions.

I found that odd too. And she seems to be not only critical of him but also making statements that appear to discuss privileged information. (Well, maybe not privileged. I'd have to go back and look. But commenting about it doesn't reflect well on her as an attorney.)
   311. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:23 PM (#5555509)
Actress Lauren Holly the latest to accuse the Harvster.

"Hundreds and hundreds" of accusers? No, not yet. But we're getting close to 50 now. I think we're over 40.

312. homerwannabee Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:27 PM (#5555512)
I saw a post describing Ohio as the a super swing state. I disagree.
I believe Ohio has firmly gone in the red column. Trump won by 8 percent. Way above normal for most states.
In fact, any money spent on Ohio during the 2020 election will be money wasted.
That money would be better spent on states that were much closer last election.
   313. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:58 PM (#5555522)
McGowan certainly saves the harshest blows for Bloom -- but she doesn't seem particularly enamored with any attorneys involved in the situation...

You know what I just got, Lisa? I, a single female activist/artist in her 40s, just received a $24,000 bill from my attorney because of you. My side was telling me to settle and take the Swine’s money. Charles Harder was the nasty heavy to your silvery tongue of faux-concern. I even had to pay for my attorney to have breakfast with Charles Harder so I could find out what you two pigs were going to do to me IF I TELL THE TRUTH. Let me repeat, I now have to pay for two incredibly wealthy men 24k for haggling over my deepest pain. I have to pay for two men to have coffee and croissants at a fancy restaurant to discuss my ASSAULT and what would happen to me if I DIDN’T SHUT UP FOREVER

I, the victim, now owe $24,000 because of the cancer THAT IS YOU.

When I was 23 I was hurt by the Swine. I have had a 350 lbs monster stuck to me for twenty years. Guess what, Lisa? Now he’s all yours. It’s your obituary his name will be in, not mine.

A little background, when I was hurt by the Monster, my then lawyer was someone named David Feldman and he is the one who came at me with the $100,000 offer. He was just trying to curry favor from the Swine, Lisa, just like you. Feldman approached me to do the buy off. It would never have occurred to me to ask for money. Truly.

The “payout,” came after I asked my then powerful managers for help getting me justice. I pleaded for help from them, my lawyer and agent. They said they’d help me. I was set up on a special meeting in their fancy conference room with the long cherrywood table. They said don’t go to the police, we need you to consult with someone first. A meeting took place between me and a bull framed criminal attorney, a women, who seemed to delight trthat since I had done a sex scene in a movie, I would never win. I now suspect she was an actor hired to bully me. But I also knew she was right. Society was so shaming of me since the day I grew breasts. And so I began hatching a long range plan. A battle plan.

314. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM (#5555524)

I'm beginning to think Rose McGowan may not be all that stable.
   315. Jay Z Posted: October 17, 2017 at 12:19 AM (#5555527)
Well... that's nice for you, but now you've just got to convince 70 million Democrats of that proposition. Your proposal might increase Democratic representation in Congress, but it would significantly reduce the size of the Congressional Black and Hispanic Caucuses. Black and hispanic legislators have no incentive to go along with that, and whites (Democrat and Republican) who don't want to be called racist have no incentive to, either. Look at the outrage over the Supreme Court's Shelby County decision, which merely held that If you're going to single out certain jurisdictions for special scrutiny, those jurisdictions should not be chosen on 50-year-old data. Can you imagine the hysterics -- I'm sure Andy can demonstrate to help you out if you can't -- if the Court actually held that district lines had to be drawn without any consideration of race?

Your fake concern is noted.

Of those 70 million Democrats, how about the ones in a +5 Republican district who lose 19 elections out of 20 despite turning out? Are they inferior to those in a +20 Democratic district? There are still plenty of Republicans in a +20 Democratic district. When do they get their turn?

The Ohio map is an obscenity. The field can be reversed just as easily. +30 Republican hinterlands here we come! Congress should be just as diverse on its right flank as its left. I want lily-white Joe Bob Hitler to get his 15 terms. His constituents deserve it!
   316. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 17, 2017 at 12:38 AM (#5555530)
I'm beginning to think Rose McGowan may not be all that stable.

Perhaps -

But I think it's probably worth noting that she didn't exactly have the most idyllic childhood and young adulthood - I'm not much for celebrity gossip, but it ought to be noted that she was born and raised by parents who were members of a weird cult perhaps best described as apocalyptic pedophiles for Jesus - for most of her childhood. While I think she's always maintained "nothing happened" to her, well.... her dad pushed her into childhood modeling, she was a runaway as a teenager, legally emancipated at 15, got her movie break a few years, then raped by Weinstein, and well....

I suspect not many people come out of the first 20-25 years of their lives especially well after that.
   317. The Yankee Clapper Posted: October 17, 2017 at 12:50 AM (#5555532)
To close another loop here, Bowe Bergdahl Has Pled Guilty To Desertion. Facing life in prison. Previously, some here twisted themselves into knots suggesting that there was doubt about his desertion.
   318. Jay Z Posted: October 17, 2017 at 02:05 AM (#5555539)
DMN's willingness to go all big, intrusive government on the subject of voter ID and gerrymandering doesn't seem very consistent with his supposed libertarian leanings.
   319. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 06:34 AM (#5555547)
To close another loop here, Bowe Bergdahl Has Pled Guilty To Desertion. Facing life in prison. Previously, some here twisted themselves into knots suggesting that there was doubt about his desertion.

Yeah, that was another classic circle jerk, likely replete with all manner of high fives.
   320. Lassus Posted: October 17, 2017 at 06:55 AM (#5555548)
Previously, some here twisted themselves into knots

I quite literally laughed out loud when I read this particularly phrase from you, Clapper.
   321. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 07:16 AM (#5555549)
DMN's willingness to go all big, intrusive government on the subject of voter ID and gerrymandering doesn't seem very consistent with his supposed libertarian leanings.
That doesn't even make sense. There is no such thing as big, intrusive government vs. small, non-intrusive government when it comes to either of those things. They are government; the government can't be described as "intruding" on itself. Setting rules for voting is neither bigger nor smaller. There is no libertarian position per se on these issues; libertarianism deals with the scope of government authority, but there's no such thing as more or less government authority over legislative districts.

Moreover, not even sure what position on gerrymandering you are attributing to me.

As for your post 315, I expressed no concern, fake or otherwise; my comment was descriptive. You're not going to achieve your no-tokenism goal in this political universe because all political incentives are against it.
   322. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 07:18 AM (#5555550)

Previously, some here twisted themselves into knots suggesting that there was doubt about his desertion.
Quick google shows Sam expressing skepticism, but the main debate was the knee-jerk defenders of everything Obama did trying to justify his decision to trade five high value Taliban prisoners for Bergdahl and to call it a rescue.
   323. Lassus Posted: October 17, 2017 at 07:27 AM (#5555551)
high value Taliban prisoners for Bergdahl and to call it a rescue.

I'm sure the government would never lie to you, David.

knee-jerk defenders of everything Obama did trying to justify his decision

I wonder if I was one of these. I really don't remember. Be interesting to see. Have a thread?

EDIT: I will say this. I think a lot of what you consider knee-jerk regarding Obama might possibly be in response to Jason and FOX and Clapper pontificating and indicting on his choice of eggs vs. bacon, etc. YMMV.
   324. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 07:45 AM (#5555552)
Previously, some here twisted themselves into knots suggesting that there was doubt about his desertion.

So Clapper you think he should have been left in Taliban custody? You were and are against the swap that got his release? Way to stand tall for American citizens and US Soldiers, I guess.

And if you don't have that opinion, if you were in favor of trading prisoners in exchange for a US soldier, then what on Earth is your point? Because most of us were arguing for just that.
   325. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 08:26 AM (#5555559)
Trump Is Far Less Popular Than The Economy Suggests He Should Be

Trump’s net job approval rating on the economy specifically — pollsters typically ask whether a respondent approves of “how Trump is handling the economy” — tends to be significantly higher than his overall rating. In the latest Quinnipiac University survey, for example, Trump sports an -18 percentage point net approval rating overall and a +2 point rating on the economy.

That’s a huuuuuuge split.

As you can see in the chart below, Trump’s overall net approval rating is far below where we would expect it to be if the usual relationship between economic and overall approval ratings held for him.

Voters don't seem to be giving Trump much credit for the economy (rightly so, he hasn't done anything), but the real danger sign is if the economy goes sour then Trump and the rest of the GOP will be in a world of pain. Something to keep an eye on.
   326. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 08:31 AM (#5555561)
More on the GOP Civil War - Trump edition.

Trump Triangulates

Washington Post: “Scapegoating the Senate GOP is proving to be an effective political strategy for President Trump. Activists and donors on the right are primed to blame congressional Republicans, not him, if there is no sweeping rewrite of the nation’s tax laws — just as they did after the failure to repeal Obamacare.”

“A CBS News Tracker survey published Sunday showed that majorities want more cooperation between Congress and Trump, especially the president’s strongest backers and most Republicans. The most fascinating nugget from the poll: 39% of Republicans feel that their party’s congressional representatives ‘don’t like’ the president and are actively trying to undermine him, while another 37% think congressional Republicans don’t like Trump ‘but pretend to’ in order to try passing their own agenda.”

And, as if on cue ... Trump White House fed up with the Senate

The debate hasn’t even started on the GOP’s plan, yet some senators are pushing their own tax proposals, while others are increasingly emboldened to defy the Republican president. It’s a dangerous mix considering that McConnell can lose only two votes assuming Democrats band together in opposition.

“We look at the Senate and go: ‘What the hell is going on?’” White House budget director Mick Mulvaney said in an interview Friday.

“The House passed health care, the House has already passed its budget, which is the first step of tax reform. The Senate hasn't done any of that. Hell, the Senate can’t pass any of our confirmations,” Mulvaney fumed in an interview, slapping a table for emphasis. “You ask me if the Republican-controlled Senate is an impediment to the administration’s agenda: All I can tell you is so far, the answer’s yes.”
   327. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 08:57 AM (#5555571)
I definitely thought that Rose McGowan was smoking hot when I was a teenager and she was playing teenagers.
   328. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:06 AM (#5555577)
I think a lot of what you consider knee-jerk regarding Obama might possibly be in response to Jason and FOX and Clapper pontificating and indicting on his choice of eggs vs. bacon, etc.

So, IOW, it's trolling.
   329. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:06 AM (#5555578)
I definitely thought that Rose McGowan was smoking hot when I was a teenager and she was playing teenagers.

Given the opportunity, would you have put the moves on her?
   330. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:12 AM (#5555584)

Uh, sure? Are we trying to be realistic here? She was a hot movie star and I was a kid that probably would have had a tough time talking to her without making an ass of myself. In reality I would've shrunk into a corner of the room and ogled her boobies from afar.

I only just barely scanned the first few pages but I noticed that people exploded when you implied that, what, jerking off to porn is the moral equivalent of Weinstein's behavior? Is your question part of that argument?
   331. Random Transaction Generator Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:18 AM (#5555590)
"Hundreds and hundreds" of accusers? No, not yet. But we're getting close to 50 now. I think we're over 40.

The current count is 44 women.
   332. Lassus Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:23 AM (#5555594)
Uh, sure?

The problem for most people like Burning Hippy Man Lizard Masturbator is a lack of acknowledgement regarding the massive difference in definition of the bolded phrase for boys the world over.
   333. Jay Z Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:28 AM (#5555602)
That doesn't even make sense. There is no such thing as big, intrusive government vs. small, non-intrusive government when it comes to either of those things. They are government; the government can't be described as "intruding" on itself. Setting rules for voting is neither bigger nor smaller. There is no libertarian position per se on these issues; libertarianism deals with the scope of government authority, but there's no such thing as more or less government authority over legislative districts.

Moreover, not even sure what position on gerrymandering you are attributing to me.

As for your post 315, I expressed no concern, fake or otherwise; my comment was descriptive. You're not going to achieve your no-tokenism goal in this political universe because all political incentives are against it.

Boundaries drawn by a non-partisan outside firm would likely be cheaper because they would be much less complicated and convoluted. All that would need to be done would be to account for equalizing population. Much cheaper, more efficient than what the government can do. I would think you'd be for saving money in that manner. Right now, your tax dollars are paying for gerrymandering.

The political incentives can change. All incumbents get, or have gotten, something out of gerrymandering by making their seats more safe. Although on the right this seems to be resulting in more primary challenges, as it's felt that the politics can be moved further right and the general can still be won if the district is R+10. I'm not sure that the move rightward really helps your cause; personally, I think it will just result in rightwing style intrusiveness. Time will tell.

Incumbent Democrats, those in "safe" districts, and lovers of tokenism win on the left. Many on the left are not getting anything out of the current system, it is a clean loss to them with no benefit. The issue is not particularly well understood by the public. There's no outcry because of general ignorance of the issue.
   334. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:32 AM (#5555608)
Right, for me (my mature self) "putting the moves" would mean trying to make her laugh and get her phone number. For Weinstein it's exploiting the power relationship and making Option J his Option A.
   335. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:41 AM (#5555610)

One can easily find equally foolish folks on the left, but I usually don't waste everybody's time by posting about them.

You're just so musch...better...than everybody else, I can hardly stand it.
   336. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:46 AM (#5555612)
Facing life in prison.

Really? I heard on the fake news that prosecution called him "naive" and that they didn't recommend a harsh sentence. But I guess you're technically correct, but, as usual, just wrong about the implication.
   337. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:47 AM (#5555614)

Yeah, hey hey, anyone wanna #### the rape victim??? Who wants to go first???

You're a douche bag. #### you, perros.
   338. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 09:59 AM (#5555621)

Let me guess -- Trump didn't actually say that, right?

Many people have told me...
   339. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:04 AM (#5555622)

“The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents ― most of them didn’t make calls."

Yeah...As predicted, you buried the lede.
   340. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:05 AM (#5555624)
McCain sounds awful. He'll go to his grave attacking Trump, so for that he's a good man.
   341. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:18 AM (#5555627)

I'm not going down the linguistic rat hole yet again, and this will be my final comment on the matter -- but that statement doesn't remotely say Obama didn't make calls.
   342. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM (#5555631)
Right, for me (my mature self) "putting the moves" would mean trying to make her laugh and get her phone number. For Weinstein it's exploiting the power relationship and making Option J his Option A.

And for OJ it's masturbating to a picture of her from your mother's basement.

I can see how that's totally equivalent to what Weinstein did. <eye roll>
   343. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM (#5555633)
Boundaries drawn by a non-partisan outside firm would likely be cheaper because they would be much less complicated and convoluted. All that would need to be done would be to account for equalizing population. Much cheaper, more efficient than what the government can do. I would think you'd be for saving money in that manner. Right now, your tax dollars are paying for gerrymandering.
Setting aside whether you are empirically correct that hiring outside consultants would be cheaper (than using already salaried personnel?), your statement is based on fundamental misconceptions. Of course, ceteris paribus, the government doing something more cheaply is a good thing, but

(a) it isn't per se a libertarian thing (people across the political spectrum should be in favor of that);
(b) the government using outside consultants, or otherwise contracting out for a government service, is still the government.

Additionally, the resulting maps still have to comply with the Voting Rights Act.
   344. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM (#5555636)

I'm not going down the linguistic rat hole yet again, and this will be my final comment on the matter -- but that statement doesn't remotely say Obama didn't make calls.

Whatever. :eyeroll:
   345. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM (#5555637)
You can troll better than that, SBB. He explicitly did say it - "The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents ― most of them didn’t make calls" - and then sort of walked it back.
   346. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM (#5555644)
You can troll better than that, SBB. He explicitly did say it - "The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents ― most of them didn’t make calls" - and then sort of walked it back.

I haven't been following this latest Outrage of the Hour. But if he sort of walked it back... maybe it's time to move on.
   347. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM (#5555647)
I believe Ohio has firmly gone in the red column. Trump won by 8 percent. Way above normal for most states.

You're right. Ohio hasn't gone blue since way back in 2012.
   348. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:34 AM (#5555651)
maybe it's time to move on.

#### no, it isn't. This is typical Trump lying bullshit. No wonder you want to move on.
   349. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM (#5555653)
Is your question part of that argument?

I'm not merely playing devil's advocate, nor am I making an argument. Several people have raised the issue of a "rape culture", and it'd be a good discussion to define its meaning and what, if anything, is to be done about it.

Personally, I've read a lot of radical feminist literature -- Dworkin, of course, but also from a male perspective, which are insightful but not particularly a plan of action.

I think it's incredibly easy to condemn an obvious scumbag, and incredibly difficult to consider how our own behavior, including consuming sexual imagery that puts Rose McGowans in possession of Harvey Weinsteins.

Or wherever such discussion may lead.
   350. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM (#5555654)

#### no, it isn't. This is typical Trump lying bullshit. No wonder you want to move on.

I was just gonna say this is par for the Trump National course. Sad as that is...
   351. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM (#5555656)
YOUR PRESIDENT IS AN INSECURE MAN CHILD WHO NEEDS TO DEFLECT ANY AND ALL CRITICISM BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE, USUALLY BY LYING. #### moving on.
   352. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM (#5555657)
So President Opioid's drug czar nominee has withdrawn...

The BEST people. ONLY the best people...

To the extent Trump is a "genius" - this may very well be his genius.

Three Americans die in Niger; two weeks pass where most of what we know about the circumstances seem to have come from the French. No explanation of what the mission was, why they were there, what went wrong - never mind phone calls (soon!) or letters to the family (going out tonight!), but President No Hazy Foreign Imbroglios changes the story with asinine statements.

His drug czar nominee turns out to be more of a Big Pharma Cossack, but people are mostly talking about him and Turtle playing kabuki.

The IRS gives Equifax a no-bid contract to secure identities shortly after they're exposed as the mother of identity security incompetents...

...and on and on and on it goes.

The most scandal-ridden, alarmingly incompetent administration in history would normally be the story -- but Trump manages to be so jaw-droppingly ridiculous, the fact that his administration is the most scandal-ridden in history - just 9 months in - almost gets baked in as a part of the ante because the head of the administration keeps doubling down on his own ridiculousness.

The Trumpkins may be right.... perhaps he IS a genius.

Of course, it would be swell if he could devote his genius powers to ceasing the incompetence and scandals rather than simply distracting from them by being MORE incompetent.
   353. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM (#5555659)
I haven't been following this latest Outrage of the Hour. But if he sort of walked it back... maybe it's time to move on.

In one sense you're right, it's not a big deal in and of itself. But on the other, it's the latest example of Trump being the biggest ####### in the known universe.

Trump: "Obama never called the families of fallen soldiers."

Reporter: "Mr President, how can you say that when we know he did?"

Trump: "I don't know if he did or not. It's what some people told me. Maybe he called some. All I can do is tell you what my generals told me."

Drop an unsubstantiated allegation against someone ( some might call it a lie), then when called on it, blame others for giving you bad information (which some might also call a lie). So he smears Obama and his generals, and gets people like you and SBB to defend him. Sometimes you have to call an ####### an #######.
   354. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM (#5555661)

Actually, I agree.

Let's move on to discussing why three American soldiers were killed in Niger 2 weeks ago and we've gotten virtually nothing about how/why/what success or the mission is/how long they'll be there.

Like I said, to whatever extent I've underestimated Trump's genius - maybe that's it. Faced with an inexplicable and deafening silence regarding the deaths, he changes the story by saying something even more ridiculous.... to say nothing of, again - his humpers claiming that unlike Hillary, he wouldn't be playing world policeman.
   355. Random Transaction Generator Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM (#5555663)
But if he sort of walked it back... maybe it's time to move on.

But that's the point.

He lies, someone calls him on it (if he's unlucky), then he half-heartedly walks it back (often using the "people told me" excuse), and then the Trump supporters get to claim he didn't say what he said.

It's a easy to recognize pattern for Trump (election victory margin, inauguration crowd size, etc). He basically floats a lie out to the media. If no one challenges him on it, he's in great shape. If someone points out that it isn't true, then he uses the "people told me" excuse and tries to wiggle out of it. Then his supporters say "He never said A. He said B. TDS! TDS!".
   356. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM (#5555666)

The most scandal-ridden, alarmingly incompetent administration in history would normally be the story -- but Trump manages to be so jaw-droppingly ridiculous, the fact that his administration is the most scandal-ridden in history - just 9 months in - almost gets baked in as a part of the ante because the head of the administration keeps doubling down on his own ridiculousness.

But but but but but but but but... The markets! The confidence indices! And Clinton something something in 1993! And e-mails! And Weinstein's money!

The American people are the punch line of this joke.
   357. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:42 AM (#5555667)

Right. It's not a huge controversy for me. It's just another little piece of evidence that Trump is an egotistical bullshit artist. I already knew that, you already knew that, so it's not the biggest deal ever, although the subject matter in this case will probably particularly offend some people, Obama not least among them, which is entirely fair.
   358. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM (#5555671)
But if he sort of walked it back... maybe it's time to move on.

If only anyone else were allowed to be held to this standard. Funny how Obama, Clinton, and any number of posters here "sort of walked things back" and yet it was mysteriously NEVER time to move on. Periodically we still here about Obama's "You can keep your ..." and yet he more than "sort of walked it back".

It is almost as if there were a double standard here. No, that can't be it, can it?
   359. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:50 AM (#5555673)
Right. It's not a huge controversy for me.

It's hardly the point. The day we stop calling him on this vile bullshit is the day it's normalized. I understand why the Trumpfuckers here want that, but no one else should let up on calling him out for what he is...a liar, a con man, a threat to the world.
   360. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM (#5555675)
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" was a more material statement than Trump's BSing about phone calls, but only by like a billion times.
   361. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM (#5555676)
BTW - it's not just an Obama thing, though we all know Trump's massive inferiority complex about his predecessor, who's a better human being in every way drives much of this:

Delilia O’Malley tweeted to Trump: “‘When my brother was killed, Pres Bush listened while I screamed at him & then held me as I sobbed, you fat f***ing liar.”
   362. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM (#5555679)
So he smears Obama and his generals, and gets people like you and SBB to defend him. Sometimes you have to call an ####### an #######.

I haven't defended him on this issue. I'm just pointing out that by his critics' own admission he sort of walked it back (in the same press conference, even?). But go ahead, Be Outraged.
   363. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM (#5555681)
But go ahead, Be Outraged.

Oh, I see. This is another thing You Don't Care About.
   364. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM (#5555682)
I haven't defended him on this issue. I'm just pointing out that by his critics' own admission he sort of walked it back (in the same press conference, even?). But go ahead, Be Outraged.

Showing Just How Outraged They Are is the entire point of the exercise. It isn't substantive in the least. Social media solicits, enables, aids, and abets.
   365. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:58 AM (#5555683)
but only by like a billion times.

Show your work.
   366. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:58 AM (#5555684)
Pres Bush listened while I screamed at him & then held me as I sobbed

Worked for Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers...
   367. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:58 AM (#5555685)
But go ahead, Be Outraged.

Not outraged, just ashamed that this buffoon is our president.
   368. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 10:59 AM (#5555686)

Showing Just How Outraged They Are is the entire point of the exercise.

No, pointing out example #3,765,980,461,229 of just how enormous an asshat the Asshat In Chief is is the point.
   369. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:00 AM (#5555688)
Showing Just How Outraged They Are is the entire point of the exercise. It isn't substantive in the least. Social media solicits, enables, aids, and abets.

It's a good thing Trump hasn't spent the two weeks following the death of the soldiers that sparked the question virtue signaling about football players on twitter and sending his VP to do a silly staged walk-out.... otherwise, you'd seem kind of silly with this holier-than-thou bullshit defending your President.
   370. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:03 AM (#5555691)

Attacking arguments that point out his buffoonery IS defending him.
   371. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM (#5555693)
It's a good thing Trump hasn't spent the two weeks following the death of the soldiers that sparked the question virtue signaling about football players on twitter and sending his VP to do a silly staged walk-out.... otherwise, you'd seem kind of silly with this holier-than-thou bullshit defending your President.

If you seek things to be Outraged By, one is sure that in this day and age, you'll be able to find them.
   372. PepTech Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:06 AM (#5555694)
"The traditional way, if you look at President Obama and other presidents ― most of them didn’t make calls"
Ray, this is actually a pretty instructive topic. The issue itself, the mechanism by which Presidents past or present have notified the families of fallen servicemembers, is mostly beside the point.

Trump, for whatever reason, expended *effort* to bring Obama (and other presidents) into the conversation when it simply wasn't necessary. Trump's apparent need to constantly compare himself, favorably, even if he has to bend the truth to do so, is just weird. It happens all the time - I've done the most, the Yankees always win when I attend, biggest crowds, higher IQ, on and on. When he does it in this fashion, it's a further attempt to *divide* the nation rather than bring people together. You'd think it would be easy to say that "all Americans unite in mourning our heroes" or whatever, but Trump just can't help using it as yet another chance to demean anyone not-Trump and elevate himself.

It's not *impeachworthy* or anything, it's just immature. Which leads to questioning his decision-making skills, etc. Is that more TDS, or do you see any level of validity to it?

Edit: I see I owe beverages to just about everyone. Bar's open!
   373. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:07 AM (#5555696)
Attacking arguments that point out his buffoonery IS defending him.

This doesn't become any more true on the five billionth repetition. You could drive Argentina through the hole between Stage 6 TDS and "defending" Trump.
   374. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:07 AM (#5555697)
Trump eventually "walked back" the birther nonsense - does that mean that we should give him a pass on a years-long campaign of epic cynical bullshit?
   375. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:09 AM (#5555702)

If you seek things to be Outraged By, one is sure that in this day and age, you'll be able to find them.

What were those guys doing in Niger, I wonder...
   376. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM (#5555703)
Screenwriter Scott Rosenberg on Harvey:

So, uh, yeah.
We need to talk about Harvey.

I was there, for a big part of it.
From, what, 1994 to the early 2000s?
Something like that.
Certainly The Golden Age.
The “PULP FICTION”, “SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE”, “CLERKS”, “SWINGERS”, “SCREAM”, “GOOD WILL HUNTING”, “ENGLISH PATIENT”, “LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL” years…

Harvey and Bob made my first two movies.
Then they signed me to an overall deal.

And those glory days in Tribeca?
The old cramped offices?
That wonderful gang of executives and assistants?
All the filmmakers who were doing repeat business?
The brothers wanted to create a “family of film”.
And they did just that…
We looked forward to having meetings there.
Meetings that would turn into plans that would turn into raucous nights out on the town.
Simply put: OG Miramax was a blast.

So, yeah, I was there.
And let me tell you one thing.
Let’s be perfectly clear about one thing:

Everybody-#######-knew.

Not that he was raping.
No, that we never heard.
But we were aware of a certain pattern of overly-aggressive behavior that was rather dreadful.
We knew about the man’s hunger; his fervor; his appetite.
There was nothing secret about this voracious rapacity; like a gluttonous ogre out of the Brothers Grimm.
All couched in vague promises of potential movie roles.
(and, it should be noted: there were many who actually succumbed to his bulky charms. Willingly. Which surely must have only impelled him to cast his fetid net even wider).

But like I said: everybody-#######-knew.

And to me, if Harvey’s behavior is the most reprehensible thing one can imagine, a not-so-distant second is the current flood of sanctimonious denial and condemnation that now crashes upon these shores of rectitude in gloppy tides of bullshit righteousness.

Because everybody-#######-knew.

And do you know how I am sure this is true?
Because I was there.
And I saw you.
And I talked about it with you.
You, the big producers; you, the big directors; you, the big agents; you, the big financiers.
And you, the big rival studio chiefs; you, the big actors; you, the big actresses; you, the big models.
You, the big journalists; you, the big screenwriters; you, the big rock stars; you, the big restaurateurs; you, the big politicians.

I saw you.
All of you.
God help me, I was there with you.

Again, maybe we didn’t know the degree.
The magnitude of the awfulness.
Not the rapes.
Not the shoving against the wall.
Not the potted-plant #######.
But we knew something.
We knew something was bubbling under.
Something odious.
Something rotten.

But, yes, everyone knew someone who had been on the receiving end of lewd advances by him.
Or knew someone who knew someone.

A few actress friends of mine told me stories: of a ghastly hotel meeting; of a repugnant bathrobe-shucking; of a loathsome massage request.
And although they were rattled, they sort of laughed at his arrogance; how he had the temerity to think that simply the sight of his naked, doughy, carbuncled flesh was going to get them in the mood.
So I just believed it to be a grotesque display of power; a dude misreading the room and making a lame-if-vile pass.

It was much easier to believe that.
It was much easier for ALL of us to believe that.

Because…

And here’s where the slither meets the slime:
Harvey was showing us the best of times.

You know who are.
You know that you knew.
And do you know how I know that you knew?

Because I was there with you.

And because everybody-#######-knew.

377. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM (#5555704)
When he does it in this fashion, it's a further attempt to *divide* the nation rather than bring people together.

Trump inherited an extremely divided nation. Any analysis that pretends this isn't actually the case isn't worth engaging.
   378. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:11 AM (#5555705)
When Trump starts a murderous war for no damned reason, we can talk about how awful he is compared to Dubya.

The rehabilitation of that war criminal is quite the spectacle.
   379. Joe Bivens Will Take a Steaming Dump Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:11 AM (#5555706)
This doesn't become any more true on the five billionth repetition.

Show your work.
   380. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:13 AM (#5555708)

Trump inherited an extremely divided nation. Any analysis that pretends this isn't actually the case isn't worth engaging.

You're absolutely right.

And why was that, I wonder? (OK, I'll turn off the snark button for this one.)

I have my own opinion, of course, but I'm interested to hear others' ideas.
   381. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:14 AM (#5555712)
I love how Ray is now a crusader against the rape culture in America. Late to the party pal, but nevertheless you are welcome on board the bandwagon. Sadly I bet you will soon hop off, but for now - for a while anyway - you get to be on the side of the angels.
   382. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:16 AM (#5555713)

That is brilliant. Seriously.
   383. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:17 AM (#5555714)
When he does it in this fashion, it's a further attempt to *divide* the nation rather than bring people together.

I actually disagree with this. Trump is a wannabe autocrat. When a government operates on a cult of personality - whether it's Kim Jong Un or Marcus Aurelius - there's an intense identification of the virility and virtue of the leader with the strength of the nation itself. Trump's not trying to divide, he's trying to unite!
   384. The Good Face Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:17 AM (#5555715)

If only he spent more time lecturing us about the perfidious privilege of those wicked, vile, cishet white men. But instead he insists on being divisive. SAD!
   385. Zonk Tormundbane Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:18 AM (#5555716)

Concession accepted.
   386. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:18 AM (#5555717)
And why was that, I wonder?

It's been divided since even before 9/11, but a series of divisive presidents, divisive presidential rhetoric, and divisive presidential actions have made things significantly worse. Things got worse on that front under Obama, for pretty obvious reasons.

We're in Decline. A big part of it is the division, social media, the separate echo chambers, and the BS that issues therefrom. We focus mostly on the modern lefty echo chamber -- from which all manner of BS issues -- but the rightist echo chambers are ridiculous, too. Both sides suck old-school Vette tailpipe.
   387. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:19 AM (#5555718)
Miramax isn't everybody. But Rosenberg's point stands -- when the good times are rolling, nobody cares.
   388. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:20 AM (#5555719)
And why was that, I wonder?

The sorting of ideologies and parties basically finished up, and with ideologically "pure" political parties (as much as coalition parties in America can ever be pure) means choosing a side implies you are essentially choosing a world view*. There have been plenty of periods in American history when such a split occurred. The "bipartisan" era of much of the 20th century was an exception, based on the Civil War, race relations and such, and not some base state from which we have mysteriously split.

Many of the usual culprits - talk radio, social media, Fox news, ... whatever - are more symptoms than causes IMO.

* And of course the American political structure that pushes us towards only two parties is also a major factor.
   389. PepTech Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:21 AM (#5555720)
SBB, may we take this as an admission that someday, when there's a Dem president again, you won't be calling for explanations of dead American servicemembers at the hands of ISIS-related groups in countries where we haven't really declared formal activities?

Nope, nothing to see here, just move on. Of course, if this had been Libya, you'd be calling for the head of SecState, since you're all consistent and everything.
   390. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:21 AM (#5555721)
There are no angels present here.
   391. Satan Says Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:23 AM (#5555723)
SBB, may we take this as an admission that someday, when there's a Dem president again, you won't be calling for explanations of dead American servicemembers at the hands of ISIS-related groups in countries where we haven't really declared formal activities?

Did it bother you 2009-2016?
   392. PreservedFish Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM (#5555725)
SBB, other than the US pre-Disco Demolition Night, are there other countries or societies, historical or otherwise, that you feel provide a nice model of proper/enlightened function?
   393. Blanks for Nothing, Larvell Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM (#5555727)

No. What I would hope happens is that the kind of educated people who are Perpetually Outraged by this and that -- and are now borderline clinical obsessive -- put in the kind of effort to be good pluralists that similarly-situated people did 20, 30, and 40 years ago. Probably not going to happen, but one can continue to hope.

Mark Lilla got it right -- narcissistic virtue signaling is the left wing equivalent to right wing narcissistic Randian greed. The age of narcissistic virtue signaling grew up as almost a direct reaction to Reaganism; indeed, modern liberalism really got going in around 1987-88. Not remotely a coincidence.
   394. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:26 AM (#5555728)

It's been divided since even before 9/11, but a series of divisive presidents, divisive presidential rhetoric, and divisive presidential actions have made things significantly worse. Things got worse on that front under Obama, for pretty obvious reasons.

We're in Decline. A big part of it is the division, social media, the separate echo chambers, and the BS that issues therefrom. We focus mostly on the modern lefty echo chamber -- from which all manner of BS issues -- but the rightist echo chambers are ridiculous, too. Both sides suck old-school Vette tailpipe.

The sorting of ideologies and parties basically finished up, and with ideologically "pure" (as much as coalition parties in America can ever be pure) means choosing a side means you are essentially choosing a world view*. There have been plenty of periods in American history when such a split occurred. The "bipartisan" era of much of the 20th century was an exception, based on the Civil War, race relations and such, and not some base state from which we have mysteriously split.

Many of the usual culprits - talk radio, social media, Fox news, ... whatever - are more symptoms than causes IMO.

* And of course the American political structure that pushes us towards only two parties is also a major factor.

Thanks, fellas. Looking at these in particular -- side-by-side -- is illuminating.
   395. PepTech Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:27 AM (#5555729)

The alert reader may note the word "further" in the initial quote. What pretend analysis are you referencing?

Or is your argument that because the nation is already divided, Trump has some kind of moral obligation to widen it?
   396. Omineca Greg Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:27 AM (#5555730)

That is brilliant. Seriously.

Well, it is a lot better without Ray's edits, if people haven't read the link they should.

I'm not really sharing your enthusiasm. He's a professional screenwriter who has had a few weeks to prepare a statement. It's interesting because it doesn't bog down in legalistic denials; so many of the other statements seem like something that's been vetted by professional public imaging consultants, and this doesn't. But I think of it more as professional quality writing than brilliant.
   397. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:27 AM (#5555731)
Also, I don't think having a sharply split political landscape is necessarily the worst thing in the world. It represents a sharply divided set of policy choices that our nation is facing. It is OK that we are struggling with some pretty big questions as to who we are as a nation and it is better to slowly work through the divide politically than any other method.

Disagreement and conflict are not terror inducing. Life comes with conflict, time brings changes, and nations have to deal with all of that. Of course there are fights and divisions. Hysteria (on many sides) to the contrary the US is handling the division pretty darn well - certainly better than it handled the divisions and the conflicts of much of the 1960s.
   398. Ray (RDP) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:29 AM (#5555732)
Well, it is a lot better without Ray's edits, if people haven't read the link they should.

I had to snip a bunch out for copyright reasons.
   399. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:30 AM (#5555734)
The political incentives can change. All incumbents get, or have gotten, something out of gerrymandering by making their seats more safe. Although on the right this seems to be resulting in more primary challenges, as it's felt that the politics can be moved further right and the general can still be won if the district is R+10. I'm not sure that the move rightward really helps your cause; personally, I think it will just result in rightwing style intrusiveness. Time will tell.
I can't imagine a single congressperson of any party ever thinking, "I want a less-safe seat because that makes it less likely that I will be primaried."
   400. There are no words... (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM (#5555735)
Disagreement and conflict are not terror inducing. Life comes with conflict, time brings changes, and nations have to deal with all of that. Of course there are fights and divisions.

Hell, the country was founded on them!
Page 4 of 20 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
BFFB
for his generous support.