Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Monday, April 23, 2018

OTP 2018 Apr 23: The Dominant-Sport Theory of American Politics

All true, and I have joined in the tut-tutting. Yet I can’t help noticing that the people making these criticisms are mostly a bunch of white guys born in the 1960s. I came along near the start of that decade, so I’ve seen a few cultural shifts in my day, and the first one came via early-1970s headlines proclaiming “Baseball No Longer the National Pastime,” after polls showed that football had become America’s most popular sport. Pundits lamented football’s rise (“violence punctuated by committee meetings,” in George Will’s memorable phrase, though he was certainly no stranger to the press box at Redskins games), and indeed, the change coincided with a trend toward greater complication, bureaucratization, and crudity in American life. After brushing off the 1980s soccer scare, football remained unchallenged for decades.

(As always, views expressed in the article lede and comments are the views of the individual commenters and the submitter of the article and do not represent the views of Baseball Think Factory or its owner.)

Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 23, 2018 at 08:10 AM | 1350 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: nba, nfl, off-topic, politics, soccer

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 14 of 14 pages ‹ First  < 12 13 14
   1301. Random Transaction Generator Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:14 PM (#5662645)
flop
   1302. Stormy JE Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:19 PM (#5662647)
Just curious, has Andy or any other lefty here ever heard of this old dude...?

Tom Brokaw Accused of Sexual Harassment By Former NBC Anchor (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO):
Linda Vester had a reputation for covering tough stories. As a war correspondent for NBC News in the ’90s, she spent three tours of duty in the Middle East and took two assignments in Africa.

But as it turned out, her biggest battle at work wasn’t in the field. She says it was as a victim of sexual harassment by Tom Brokaw, the legendary newsman who manned the anchor desk for “NBC Nightly News” for 22 years and hosted “Today” and “Meet the Press.”

In a series of interviews with Variety conducted over several months, Vester alleged that Brokaw physically tried to force her to kiss him on two separate occasions, groped her in a NBC conference room and showed up at her hotel room uninvited. Two friends who Vester told at the time corroborated her story with Variety, and she shared her journal entries from the time period. Brokaw, who has been married to Meredith Auld since 1962, has never before been publicly accused of sexual harassment.

In a statement from him supplied by a NBC News spokesman, Brokaw said of the allegations, “I met with Linda Vester on two occasions, both at her request, 23 years ago because she wanted advice with respect to her career at NBC. The meetings were brief, cordial and appropriate, and despite Linda’s allegations, I made no romantic overtures towards her at that time or any other.”

Vester, who was 28 at the time of the alleged incident, says she didn’t report Brokaw’s conduct to the police or NBC human resources because she was scared it would end her career. She left NBC in 1999 and went on to anchor her own show on Fox News through 2006.

She’s speaking out now, because she believes her story sheds light on the culture at NBC News, where she believes male bosses treated their female colleagues as objects. After “Today” co-host Matt Lauer was fired for inappropriate conduct involving an NBC employee last November, NBC launched an internal review of its practices but didn’t bring in an outside firm to investigate — a step Vester believes is necessary to fix NBC’s culture.
   1303. Random Transaction Generator Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:22 PM (#5662650)
Thanks for the sarcasm but, if she's so insignificant,

She's not. She hosts a weekend show on MSNBC and fills in for other shows.

Do people watch news shows on Saturday morning? Is that a thing people do?
I can't think of a TV show I've watched on Saturday/Sunday morning since I was a kid and watched cartoons.

Either I was sleeping until noon from being out late the night before (15-28 years old) or busy doing stuff around the house with my wife/daughter (after 30s and beyond).
Maybe in my mid-20s I might have caught a few episodes of Bob Ross on PBS because it would be nice to relax to his voice while recovering from the night before.
   1304. perros Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:28 PM (#5662655)
Maybe in my mid-20s I might have caught a few episodes of Bob Ross on PBS because it would be nice to relax to his voice while recovering from the night before.

One of my kids overindulged in vodka last night. Apparently thought it was water.

Damned Russians.
   1305. perros Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:30 PM (#5662658)
ever heard of this old dude...?

Never saw him grope.
   1306. Random Transaction Generator Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:34 PM (#5662660)
Just curious, has Andy or any other lefty here ever heard of this old dude...?

Tom Brokaw Accused of Sexual Harassment By Former NBC Anchor (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO):

At this point in time, I'm just going to assume any male public figure over the age of 65 probably did sh!tty stuff back in the 80s and 90s.

What's interesting is that usually when the scumbags get outed, it's always more than a single incident. Once someone comes forward, multiple people usually step up to mention other times of inappropriate/illegal behaviour.

There was a case where a Canadian journalist/personality was accused by a woman and NO one else stepped up to confirm that he had ever acted inappropriately. He fought the accusation, and eventually was vindicated.

So if this turns out to be the only accusation against Brokaw, then maybe something is fishy about it.
   1307. Stormy JE Posted: April 29, 2018 at 07:39 PM (#5662665)
So if this turns out to be the only accusation against Brokaw, then maybe something is fishy about it.
Have the cops check Tom's laptop and see if it's got any nude photos of Albright.
   1308. -- Posted: April 29, 2018 at 08:03 PM (#5662676)
And conversely, if it turned out that Trump Jr. was not speaking to daddy, but was instead setting up a parent-teacher conference related to one of his kids, that would have virtually no probative value about the issue of whether Trump Jr. had informed Trump about the meeting, since, you know, they could have spoken in person at any time.

And kind of conversely, if it turns out Trump Jr. told Trump everything about the meeting, who cares?

I'm meeting with a Russian lawyer who says she has dirt on Hillary.

OK, great -- good luck

Yawn.
   1309. -- Posted: April 29, 2018 at 08:08 PM (#5662678)
We can even carry the imaginary conversation in 1308 further:

Hey Junior -- how did that meeting with the Russian lawyer who had dirt on Hillary go?

Not so great, Dad -- she didn't have anything

Double yawn.
   1310. Ray (CTL) Posted: April 29, 2018 at 08:28 PM (#5662687)

It's not; there are already two women who have come forward with similar stories. And I don't know how Brokaw's defense w/r/t Vester helps him: he admits to going up to her hotel room twice.

Not that I care. This is all silliness of the highest order. If the stories are true then Brokaw is guilty of... making passes at two women he worked with and the women weren't interested. Harvey Weinstein this is not, and if we can't distinguish between these things on the spectrum it diminishes the real incidents of concern.

Not that Brokaw's wife should be pleased but reading between the lines of his statement ("I've made mistakes...") he's probably cheated on her anyway. Yes this is inappropriate workplace behavior but (a) it was the 90s and (b) there was no crime involved.
   1311. Stormy JE Posted: April 29, 2018 at 08:37 PM (#5662689)
Rachel Maddow Defends Tom Brokaw in Wake of #MeToo Accusation

Also, Maddow lavished praise on Joy Ann Reid at the end of last week. And she failed to speak out when her bosses nixed the interview with Ronan Farrow re: Harvey Weinstein.

What courage!
   1312. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: April 29, 2018 at 08:49 PM (#5662698)

We can even carry the imaginary conversation in 1308 further:
At least you admit, for once, that your post is a fabrication. Now, try this one:

"Hey, Dad, I'm meeting with an emissary from the Russian government who says that she wants to deliver dirt on Hillary because the Kremlin wants us to win the election."
"Gee, that sounds like treason. I love it!"

{later}

"How did it go?"
"Great. She gave us lots of great stuff. But we all agreed that if anyone ever found out we'd say nothing happened."
   1313. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: April 29, 2018 at 08:56 PM (#5662699)
Not that I care. This is all silliness of the highest order. If the stories are true then Brokaw is guilty of... making passes at two women he worked with and the women weren't interested. Harvey Weinstein this is not, and if we can't distinguish between these things on the spectrum it diminishes the real incidents of concern.

I agree 100%
   1314. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: April 29, 2018 at 09:01 PM (#5662701)
Ooh, is it imaginary conversation time?
Person of Interest 1: "Can we all wriggle free of this criminal Trump Tower meeting, and our subsequent lies about it, if some guy on the internet types "TDS" and "RUSSIA! RUSSIA!" 1,500 times?"

Person of Interest 2: "Yes."
   1315. -- Posted: April 29, 2018 at 09:11 PM (#5662702)
"Hey, Dad, I'm meeting with an emissary from the Russian government who says that she wants to deliver dirt on Hillary because the Kremlin wants us to win the election."
"Gee, that sounds like treason. I love it!"

It sounds no more like "treason" -- LOL -- than the dossier does. Of course the dossier has a number of contacts that delivered actual "dirt," but who's counting?

It's real simple, though you and yours seem ... blocked ... on the matter. If the Clinton campaign can do "opposition research" by getting going out to Kremlin types to get dirt from Kremlin types, then why can't the Trump campaign?(*)

The "reason" is TDS ... right?

(*) And again, it remains the fact that Clinton went to Russia and got "dirt" from a bunch of "sources," while Russia came to Trump and gave him squat. I get the whole KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!! thing, but to sane observers, the whole "collusion" thing fell entirely apart when it was revealed that Clinton was behind the dossier.
   1316. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: April 29, 2018 at 09:14 PM (#5662707)
Yesterday, Senator John McCain's son-in-law tweeted, then quickly deleted, the following:
"John hugged me tonight. He asked me to take care of Meghan. I said I would. Fuck you soulless crazies. Fuck you all the way to hell."

McCain has been undergoing treatment for brain cancer since last summer, and has yet to set foot in Washington DC this year.
   1317. Ray (CTL) Posted: April 29, 2018 at 09:27 PM (#5662710)
It's real simple, though you and yours seem ... blocked ... on the matter. If the Clinton campaign can do "opposition research" by getting going out to Kremlin types to get dirt from Kremlin types, then why can't the Trump campaign?(*)

This is the problem they can't get around.
   1318. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM (#5662717)

Nonsense. It has been explained multiple times to you. Now you are just being dumb. Not a good look.
   1319. The Yankee Clapper Posted: April 29, 2018 at 11:36 PM (#5662735)
While many of us were watching baseball today, someone was attacking Syria, with huge explosions reported at known bases for Iranian militias and a large weapons depot. Congratulations, whoever you are.
   1320. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: April 29, 2018 at 11:54 PM (#5662738)
It was probably Joy Reid, wagging the dog.
   1321. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 12:10 AM (#5662741)
The only thing I can't get around is how stupid a question it is. (But of course, that requires one assume that it's sincere. But it's not. It's a bad faith question that only a troll would ask.)

Repeat after me: conspiring with the Russian government: bad. Hiring an American company to get information: not bad.

Conspiring to hack into computers to get information: bad. Asking people questions to get information: not bad.
   1322. -- Posted: April 30, 2018 at 06:33 AM (#5662745)
Hiring an American company to get information: not bad.

You left out the "American company conspiring with the Russian government" part.
   1323. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: April 30, 2018 at 07:11 AM (#5662750)
Rachel Maddow Defends Tom Brokaw in Wake of #MeToo Accusation

Also, Maddow lavished praise on Joy Ann Reid at the end of last week. And she failed to speak out when her bosses nixed the interview with Ronan Farrow re: Harvey Weinstein.

What courage!

And if anyone is qualified to talk about political courage, it's "#NeverTrump"** JE.

** Expiration Date July 21, 2016
   1324. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 07:50 AM (#5662752)

You left out the "American company conspiring with the Russian government" part.
Nope. The American company had no dealings with -- let alone agreements with -- the Russian government.
   1325. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 07:55 AM (#5662753)
Prove it!
   1326. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 30, 2018 at 07:58 AM (#5662754)
I submitted a new weekly thread, so watch for it.
   1327. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 08:00 AM (#5662755)
Submissive as always.
   1328. -- Posted: April 30, 2018 at 08:10 AM (#5662757)
The American company had no dealings with -- let alone agreements with -- the Russian government.

So the dossier is lying then. Good to know.

(Nor, of course is NKL "the Russian government," nor, of course did anyone have any "agreements" with her.)

1329. Lassus Posted: April 30, 2018 at 08:11 AM (#5662758)
This has to count as political, because it has to do with economics, and Clapper can scold away. Just got back from the UK, and among other questions I may think of later:

Spent a lot of time driving in Scottish and English farmland countryside (which was shockingly like the northern NY farmland countryside). Was a little surprised at the lack of visible poverty (very much UNLIKE the northern NY farmland countryside, or other American rural comunities). Am I wrong and just missed it, or is it not as present/prevalent?

Also: There seemed no average/run-down beater cars, or very very very much fewer. Does anyone have any insight into why this is the case? (Note, did not travel in part of poorer suburbs or cities where this may be more common.)
   1330. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 08:36 AM (#5662761)
The American company had no dealings with -- let alone agreements with -- the Russian government.

So the dossier is lying then. Good to know.
Nope. The dossier doesn't even mention Fusion, let alone describe any agreements between the company and the Russian government.

(Nor, of course is NKL "the Russian government," nor, of course did anyone have any "agreements" with her.)
Still don't know why you keep talking about Lithuanian basketball. And one step forward, two steps back: you're back to lying about Veselnitskaya;¹ after finally admitting her role this weekend, you're back to pretending otherwise. And, of course, the Trump campaign did have an agreement with her (well, with the Putin administration through her); that's why she met with Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager. You really should try following the news more closely.

¹Both an "L" and a "K" appear within the name "Veselnitskaya," but that's not how initials work.
   1331. -- Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:06 AM (#5662765)
Nope. The dossier doesn't even mention Fusion, let alone describe any agreements between the company and the Russian government.

LOL. I guess that one's aimed at the target demo. The dossier mentions Kremlin-tied people all over the place. They agreed to provide dirt on Trump (*), and Steele agreed to take it and publish it. (And likely spread it, though that one's a bit unclear at this point. John McCain agreed to take it and spread it, and so did the FBI.)

See, that's the funny thing. When no one knew Herself was behind it, it behooved TDSers to speak the truth about the Kremlin ties to the dossier -- thus we have the Vanity Fair article stressing the bona fides of Source A and Source B. That's boomeranged back on the TDS brigade now that we know the dossier's provenance, to be sure -- but the facts remain the same.

And, of course, the Trump campaign did have an agreement with her

I see that "agreement" is the new mot du jour in the effort désespéré. Yes, Trump, Jr. "agreed" to meet NKL, but that's been known for quite some time. He actually admitted it long ago. Big whoop.

(*) Interestingly, as I've noted, the dossier mentions explicitly that Russian intelligence has compromising info on Herself, thus making her under the Trump standard "compromisable" and "blackmailable" -- but that of course has never been noted nor remotely investigated. Which makes it quite hard for the rationalists among us to take any of this seriously.
   1332. BDC Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:18 AM (#5662769)
the fact that Clinton went to Russia and got "dirt"

This is an SBB "fact" on the order of "Obama tapped Trump's phones."
   1333. -- Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:25 AM (#5662770)
This is an SBB "fact" on the order of "Obama tapped Trump's phones."

It was the purpose of her operation, Professor. We honestly have to re-litigate such obvious things?

Any suggestions for why Herself being compromised by Russian intelligence wasn't followed up on? Or why we didn't hear about it during the campaign?
   1334. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:29 AM (#5662771)
I am still amused by the weird obsession with the dossier by the Trumpkins. At this point it is pretty much besides the point. I mean I guess they are striving for a connection to the most evil one (Hillary, duh), but when even the GOP held Congress doesn't bother launching yet another "investigation" into some aspect of the Clintons you know it is a dry well. And yet the Trumpkins keep humping away at it.

Anyway even if all the various fantasies about the Dossier come true, so what? It won't stop the Mueller investigation, and Clinton misdeeds don't exculpate Trump misdeeds in the slightest.

I suppose when you have nothing else you go with what you have, but still it is kind of sad to see the endless loop some here are on, resurrecting long disproved talking points because they are the best they have.
   1335. -- Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:33 AM (#5662773)
I am still amused by the weird obsession with the dossier by the Trumpkins.

Umm, because it shows deep collusion with Russia by the Clinton campaign -- the very thing the TDS brigade continues to obsess about??

It also shows that she had been compromised by Russia (*), but that's not quite as critical a point.

(*) Direct from the dossier: "A dossier of compromising material on Hillary CLINTON has been collated by the Russia Intelligence Services over many years ..."
   1336. DavidFoss Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:39 AM (#5662774)
I am still amused by the weird obsession with the dossier by the Trumpkins. At this point it is pretty much besides the point.

This is the headline at the DailyCaller website right now. They seem to think that the Russia investigation shifting away from the initial rumors of the dossier towards whatever (if any) verifiable and admissible evidence has been found by investigators is some sort of 'gotcha' moment.

It is insanity. If it is ever found that the Trump campaign did anything wrong, the 'real collusion' will be that anyone found out about it.
   1337. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:39 AM (#5662775)
Umm, because it shows deep collusion with Russia by the Clinton campaign

DEEP COLLUSION! DEEP STATE! DEEP DERP!
   1338. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:41 AM (#5662776)
I think part of the problem the Trumpkins have - having thought some more about it - is that they are terrible on defense. Like their Dear Leader Trumpkins are happiest and best when attacking. It doesn't have to make sense, but attack - attack - attack is the best defense and the current situation gives them scant targets.

Mueller is obviously running a professional investigation, and since the investigation was launched from within a Republican administration it is a harder target than normal (not that this hasn't stopped them from trying, mind you).

Congress is held by the GOP so you can't attack them, and even they are bored with going after Clinton (except in cursory please the base sort of ways), so there is not much to attack there.

Democrats - always a popular target - don't have any real power in DC, so attacking them is satisfying but honestly not all that on point; something Trumpkins seemed to have dimly realized.

So what is left to attack? Oh sure attacking evil Liberals and the Left will never go out of style, but what on Earth does that have to do with Trump's increasingly obvious incompetence and misdeeds?

So yeah, by process of elimination the Trumpkins are left with attacking Hillary, her campaign, and the dossier; over and over and over, endlessly even as the rest of the world moves on and the Mueller investigation rolls along, throwing off charges, guilty pleas, and other visible signs of activity with alarming (to them) regularity.
   1339. Stormy JE Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:50 AM (#5662779)
I am still amused by the weird obsession with the dossier by the Trumpkins.
Someone's contracted a bout of amnesia. Barely a year ago, the dossier was all Schiff and other Democrats wanted to talk about.

For example, here's Schiff's opening statement on the 20th of March in a HPSCI hearing featuring Comey.
   1340. -- Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:55 AM (#5662780)
I think part of the problem the Trumpkins have - having thought some more about it - is that they are terrible on defense. Like their Dear Leader Trumpkins are happiest and best when attacking. It doesn't have to make sense, but attack - attack - attack is the best defense and the current situation gives them scant targets.

Mueller is obviously running a professional investigation, and since the investigation was launched from within a Republican administration it is a harder target than normal (not that this hasn't stopped them from trying, mind you).

Congress is held by the GOP so you can't attack them, and even they are bored with going after Clinton (except in cursory please the base sort of ways), so there is not much to attack there.

Democrats - always a popular target - don't have any real power in DC, so attacking them is satisfying but honestly not all that on point; something Trumpkins seemed to have dimly realized.

So what is left to attack? Oh sure attacking evil Liberals and the Left will never go out of style, but what on Earth does that have to do with Trump's increasingly obvious incompetence and misdeeds?

So yeah, by process of elimination the Trumpkins are left with attacking Hillary, her campaign, and the dossier; over and over and over, endlessly even as the rest of the world moves on and the Mueller investigation rolls along, throwing off charges, guilty pleas, and other visible signs of activity with alarming (to them) regularity.

It's kind of amazing that you can churn this many substance-free words off so quickly.
   1341. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 30, 2018 at 09:56 AM (#5662781)
Someone's contracted a bout of amnesia. Barely a year ago, it was all Schiff and the Democrats wanted to talk about.

Strange but true ... hot topics are only hot for so long. Have you heard about the Lindbergh kidnapping? In other words yes, in 2017 - when the dossier surfaced publically - it was a hotter topic than now, a year later.
   1342. Lassus Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM (#5662786)
For example, here's Schiff's opening statement on the 20th of March in a HPSCI hearing featuring Comey. on the 20th of March in a HPSCI hearing featuring Comey.

A hearing that had the C-Span3 twitter feed going crazy doesn't entirely qualify as "all other Democrats wanted to talk about". YMMV.
   1343. Zonk is a Doppleclapper Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM (#5662787)
I am still amused by the weird obsession with the dossier by the Trumpkins. At this point it is pretty much besides the point. I mean I guess they are striving for a connection to the most evil one (Hillary, duh), but when even the GOP held Congress doesn't bother launching yet another "investigation" into some aspect of the Clintons you know it is a dry well. And yet the Trumpkins keep humping away at it.

After the ignominious withdrawal of Ronny Jackson to head the VA - a withdrawal clearly facilitated along and supported by the GOP chair of the committee as well as certainly aided and abetted by people within Trump's WH - Trump thinks the scandal is Jon Tester and he should resign.

This example is instructive of all things Trumpanzee.

It's as natural as finding themselves in need of something to throw and figuring a smorgasbord of beans followed by holding their hands under their asses is a good solution.
   1344. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM (#5662788)
SBB to Mouse, #1340:
It's kind of amazing that you can churn this many substance-free words off so quickly.

LOL. Sane observers see that "post" for "what" it "is"-- more TDS for the target demographic trying to KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!
   1345. Stormy JE Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:03 AM (#5662789)
Strange but true ... hot topics are only hot for so long. Have you heard about the Lindbergh kidnapping?
LOL. It's no longer a "hot topic" with Democrats because nearly two years have passed since Steele's first reports were prepared and nothing that wasn't already publicly available has been verified.

Republicans have taken an interest in the dossier to ascertain how it was pimped to secure FISA warrants and then later to undermine a democratically elected POTUS.
   1346. Lassus Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:05 AM (#5662791)
Jason now aping SPP. Holy Toledo.
   1347. Stormy JE Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:06 AM (#5662792)
A hearing that had the C-Span3 twitter feed going crazy doesn't entirely qualify as "all other Democrats wanted to talk about". YMMV.
Oh look, Lassus is back from his overseas jaunt and the first thing he does back at OTP is fail to comprehend the meaning of "for example."
   1348. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:07 AM (#5662793)
The new thread is up and running, BTW, so go away! :)
   1349. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:09 AM (#5662796)
Not that amazing; making a bunch of banal observations takes a lot less time and effort than your m.o. of crafting a cornucopia of lies.
   1350. DavidFoss Posted: April 30, 2018 at 10:11 AM (#5662798)
Someone's contracted a bout of amnesia. Barely a year ago, it was all Schiff and the Democrats wanted to talk about.

Nobody is allowed to talk about anything that isn't public or declassified. The dossier was published early.

I was watching a lot of cable news last year and Schiff parses his words very carefully. All he ever says is that something 'raises questions' and documents need to be subpoenaed and that people need to be brought in for questions. Then the documents are kept classified and the questioning is done in private.

If the investigation is the go anywhere, it needs more tangible evidence than a dossier. You can't end an investigation on "raised questions". We're all waiting for Mueller.

Page 14 of 14 pages ‹ First  < 12 13 14

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Francis
for his generous support.