Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

OTP 2018 September 10: Former executive Neil McMillan reflects on a long career in baseball, politics and mining

Neil McMillan never made it to the big league, but that hasn’t stopped the former politician, financier and mining executive from blaming his success on the time he spent on the pitcher’s mound all those years ago.

“The real difference in my career … has been a function of my attitude, and it starts out as a willingness or a drive to risk failure,” said McMillan, who recently retired from his last job as chairman of the uranium miner Cameco Corp.

Politics was something of a second choice for McMillan, after a physician ended his lifelong dream of flying for the Snowbirds.

After Trudeau-hating voters turfed him out of office — the alternative would have have been to jump ship and run as a Conservative, an idea he wasn’t prepared to indulge — McMillan spent almost two decades working in finance, as a broker.

(As always, views expressed in the article lede and comments are the views of the individual commenters and the submitter of the article and do not represent the views of Baseball Think Factory or its owner.)

Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 08:06 AM | 1379 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: canada, off topic, politics

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 1 of 14 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›
   1. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 08:34 AM (#5742047)
Many Bad Signs for Republicans

Jonathan Swan: “My colleague Mike Allen, who’s covered a few midterm elections in his time, says it’s rare to see so much evidence of a trend accumulate so many months out, only for all the signals to be proven wrong… The signals look every bit as bad for Republicans as they did for House Democrats when they got wiped out in the 2010 Tea Party wave.”

Said one GOP operative: “Every metric leads you to one conclusion: The likelihood of significant Republican losses in the House and state/local level is increasing by the week.”

Democratic Enthusiasm Tilts Some GOP Districts

A new Monmouth poll in eight competitive congressional districts — CA-48, PA-1, PA-17, NJ-3, NJ-11, OH-12, VA-10 and WV-3 — finds support is evenly divided between the Democratic and the Republican candidates for Congress, 43% to 42%.

The Democratic advantage increases slightly among likely voters, 47% to 43%.

Key takeaway: Republicans routinely won these eight districts by double digit margins in recent election cycles.

Most Believe Charges Made In Anonymous Op-Ed

A new Quinnipiac poll finds American voters believe the anonymous allegations that senior aides to President Trump work behind his back to keep him from making what the aides believe are bad decisions, 55% to 28%.

Some same as last week I guess.
   2. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 08:38 AM (#5742049)
Nate Silver:
It’s sort of interesting to think about how much trouble Democratic incumbents would be in if there was a Democrat in the White House instead of Trump. Under those conditions, I'd guess that ND, MO and FL would be likely Republican pickups. WV, IN and MT would be lean Republican. MI, MN, OH, PA, WI, NJ would all be toss-ups or pretty close to it. Plus, Dems would be longshots in NV and AZ and would have no shot in hell at TX or TN. And there would have been no AL special election for Doug Jones to win.

Back to reality, and a reminder of how much Donald Trump carried these seventeen states by, just 22 months ago. I've also included the current Sabato Senate race rankings:

Safe Dem:
PA— 0.7%
MN— lost (by 1.5%)

Likely D:
OH— 8.1%
WI— 0.8%
MI— 0.2%
NJ— lost (by 14%)

Leans Dem:
WV— 42.1%
MT— 20.5%

Toss Ups:
ND— 35.8%
IN— 18.9%
MO— 18.6%
AZ— 3.5%
FL— 1.2%
NV— lost (by 2.4%)

Leans R:
TN— 26%
TX— 9%

Not up for election:
AL— 27.7%, flipped by a Democrat last December

(*Cook Report rates PA as Likely instead of Safe D, Ohio as Lean instead of Likely D, West Virginia as Toss Up instead of Lean D, Montana as Likely instead of Lean D, and Tennessee as Toss Up instead of Lean R.)

There it is. The current state of the best Senate map the Republican Party has ever seen in its 162 years of existence.
   3. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 08:39 AM (#5742050)
Nate Silver:
We're still refining this calculation, but it looks like Democrats would need to win the generic ballot/House popular vote by around *11* points to be favored to take the *Senate*. (For the House itself, we show the breakeven point as being more like 6 points.)

In our Senate database, there are 5 years I'd consider wave elections (94, 2010 and 14 for R's; 2006 and 08 for D's). How did incumbents from the waving parties do? Undefeated. 54 for 54.

The logic here is that if you're an incumbent, you usually will have won election in a tougher environment than you're facing now. e.g. all the Democratic Senate incumbents who are trying to get re-elected in a D+8 environment in 2018 already won races in a D+1 environment in 2012.
   4. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 08:56 AM (#5742053)
We're still refining this calculation, but it looks like Democrats would need to win the generic ballot/House popular vote by around *11* points to be favored to take the *Senate*. (For the House itself, we show the breakeven point as being more like 6 points.)

538 Generic Ballot: 8.5%

RCP generic Ballot: 7.8%

Trump Loses Independent Voters

Associated Press: “Indeed, Trump’s turbulent summer appears to have put many moderates and independents out of reach for Republican candidates, according to GOP officials. One internal GOP poll obtained by The Associated Press showed Trump’s approval rating among independents in congressional battleground districts dropped 10 points between June and August.”
   5. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 08:58 AM (#5742054)
Early prediction - 2024 will be a fantastic Senate Map for Republicans. Man, those conservatives are going to be gloating about what a repudiation the results are going to be against <insert random evil liberal threat>.
   6. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:01 AM (#5742055)
2024 is a national election year. So you've either the end of Trump's second term or the Dem president up for a second term. Neither would be a good scenario for the GOP
   7. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:07 AM (#5742057)
When conferences feature the likes of David Horowitz, Steve Bannon, Milo Yiannopoulos and Sebastian Gorka, you don't need to know a single damn other thing about them to know what they're promoting, whether you or the Post want to call it white nationalism or not.
Jesus H. Christ, Andy, words have meaning. It doesn’t matter if the conference has David Duke, Dylann Roof, and Adolf Hitler speaking; that still wouldn’t make it the express purpose of the conference. “Inferred” and “express” are opposites. Posting yet another article that doesn’t say what you claim can’t change that.

EDIT: Oh, and saying that “you don’t need to know a single thing” ought to be printed on your business cards.
   8. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:09 AM (#5742059)
What is jesus's middle name? I mean if we're going to go to the mattresses over pedantry one should get it right.
   9. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:09 AM (#5742060)
A new Monmouth poll in eight competitive congressional districts — CA-48, PA-1, PA-17, NJ-3, NJ-11, OH-12, VA-10 and WV-3 — finds support is evenly divided between the Democratic and the Republican candidates for Congress, 43% to 42%.

Current 538 projections for those seats:

CA-48: Lean D 67%
PA-1: Likely R 76%
PA-17: Solid D 97%
NJ-3: Toss up R 57%
NJ-11: Likely D 75%
OH-12: Toss up R 52%
VA-10: Likely D 77%
WV-3: Likely R 94%
   10. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:14 AM (#5742062)
Early prediction - 2024 will be a fantastic Senate Map for Republicans.

Whereas I predict that the 54-for-54 record for the winning parties' incumbent Senators in Nate Silver's five separated wave years will NOT be 80-for-80 after this year's election.

Unless things really go screwy, the 2024 Senate map should be slightly worse for the GOP than this year's map because of a pickup or two, and worse still because it won't be a midterm, and probably worse than that because their 2020 electoral college state results will probably not be as wonderfully aligned with endangered Democratic seats. That they're going to blow this year's map is Donald Trump's greatest achievement.

Anyway, some Senate seats are worth more than others, especially this year. Win or lose, which incumbent Congressmen in Virginia or New Jersey or California or Pennsylvania or Michigan are going to lose their House seats because what should have been their home stretch donations are instead funding this graph?
   11. Random Transaction Generator Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:23 AM (#5742065)
What is jesus's middle name? I mean if we're going to go to the mattresses over pedantry one should get it right.

I've always assumed the "H" was for "Holy".
   12. Traderdave Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:28 AM (#5742071)

F, as in "fictional."

13. Ishmael Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:29 AM (#5742073)

There's a fun idea that Jesus H. Christ comes from a sort of misunderstanding of the divine name Christos in Greek (from where we get the Chi Rho Christogram). In Greek capitals, the name is ΙΗΣΟΥΣ. The first three letters of which give us ΙΗΣ or IHS, the divine monogram. So if you thought that that was Jesus' initials in Greek, or if you were just being playful, you might say that Jesus' middle initial was H.

I suspect Jesus H. Christ just has a nice cadence to it, though.
   14. DavidFoss Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:29 AM (#5742074)

Wikipedia is telling me that the Brits like to use "Harold". That's a new one for me. Perhaps Mary was secretly Saxon?
   15. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:31 AM (#5742075)
Unless things really go screwy, the 2024 Senate map should be slightly worse for the GOP than this year's map because of a pickup or two, and worse still because it won't be a midterm, and probably worse still because their 2020 electoral college state results will probably not be as wonderfully aligned with endangered Democratic seats. That they're going to blow it this year is Donald Trump's greatest achievement.

Oh sure, I don't think it will be the greatest ever map in the history of the GOP, just pretty good for the GOP. It is a great GOP map now and (thanks Trump!) and yet the Democrats look like they are going to do much better than they have any right to.

When people say the Democrats keep fumbling away chances they are clearly not looking at the Senate, where the Democrats have in aggregate way over performed the last few cycles and it looks like they will yet again. Some is Trump and some is the GOP shooting itself in the foot, but some is Democrats doing a good job of selecting the most viable red state candidates and then getting out of the way and letting them run. It helps to avoid running Nazis and child molesters I gotta admit.
   16. Ishmael Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:31 AM (#5742076)
Also, I mean, it wasn't as if Jesus' surname was Christ.
   17. Ishmael Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:35 AM (#5742077)
Wikipedia is telling me that the Brits like to use "Harold".

As in "Harold be thy name?"

But there you run into the heresy of Patripassianism.
   18. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:36 AM (#5742080)
Anyway, some Senate seats are worth more than others, especially this year. Win or lose, which incumbent Congressmen in Virginia or New Jersey or California or Pennsylvania or Michigan are going to lose their House seats because what should have been their home stretch donations are instead funding this graph?

Speaking of which ... Inside the GOP’s rescue mission for Ted Cruz

With recent polls showing GOP Sen. Ted Cruz’s lead slipping in his race for reelection, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick showed up in Washington on July 25 to deliver an urgent plea to White House officials: Send President Donald Trump.

Patrick, who chaired Trump’s 2016 campaign in the state, made the case that a Trump visit was needed to boost turnout for Cruz and the rest of the Texas Republican ticket. The lieutenant governor soon got his wish: Trump announced on Twitter late last month that he was planning a blowout October rally for Cruz, his former GOP rival.

The previously unreported meeting comes as senior Republicans grow increasingly concerned about the senator’s prospects in the reliably red state, with some expressing fear that an underperformance could threaten GOP candidates running further down the ballot. Cruz’s Democratic opponent, Rep. Beto O’Rourke, has raised barrels of cash, closed the polling gap and emerged as a cause célèbre of liberals nationwide.

That is one thing I think both Democrats and Republicans can unite around ... we need more of GOP President Trump on the campaign trail. He should stay away from the swamp of DC and just go on the road hitting every possible campaign stop firing up the troops.
   19. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:39 AM (#5742082)
Wikipedia is telling me that the Brits like to use "Harold". That's a new one for me. Perhaps Mary was secretly Saxon?
Well, you’ve heard the probably apocryphal quote attributed to Ma Ferguson, the early 1900s governor of Texas, in opposing bilingual education: “If English was good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for us.“
   20. PreservedFish Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:42 AM (#5742083)
I've heard a similar quote about the King James Bible.
   21. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:46 AM (#5742086)
When conferences feature the likes of David Horowitz, Steve Bannon, Milo Yiannopoulos and Sebastian Gorka, you don't need to know a single damn other thing about them to know what they're promoting, whether you or the Post want to call it white nationalism or not.

Jesus H. Christ, Andy, words have meaning. It doesn’t matter if the conference has David Duke, Dylann Roof, and Adolf Hitler speaking; that still wouldn’t make it the express purpose of the conference. “Inferred” and “express” are opposites. Posting yet another article that doesn’t say what you claim can’t change that.

I see. So when David Duke, Dylann Roof, and Adolf Hitler are invited to speak at that conference, their chosen topic has to be formally labeled "white nationalism" in order for anyone to figure out what the conference is promoting. And when a Klansman removes his mask and his robe and tries to pass himself off as a Bible salesman, I suppose he ceases to be a Klansman.

Jesus H. Christ, all that's left for you to say now would be that if those three men weren't public figures, they'd have just cause to sue me for slander.

Seriously, if simply calling a bunch of Eurocentric and anti-Muslim speakers white nationalists causes you this much agita, you might want to consider upping your heart medication. You're way too young to die, and we want to keep you around.
   22. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:50 AM (#5742089)
I suspect Jesus H. Christ just has a nice cadence to it, though.

I always liked Mr. Natural's "Cheeses K. Reist".
   23. Dog on the sidewalk Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:51 AM (#5742090)
Please stop, Andy.
   24. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:52 AM (#5742091)
   25. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:52 AM (#5742092)
Interesting and seems fairly logical (plus flyover tundra state makes an appearance) - Ranking the states: An early look at the places to watch on Election Night 2018

FOURTH place—minnesota (26 points)

Some of you might be reading this and thinking to yourselves, “Minnesota?!” To which the only proper answer is: you’re damned right, Minnesota. Pound for pound, there might not be a greater volume of competitive races in America anywhere else. Minnesota has a competitive open-seat gubernatorial race being defended by the Democrats (which might’ve remained a tossup had former GOP Gov. Tim Pawlenty survived the primary). In addition, there is also a potentially competitive Senate race where appointed Sen. Tina Smith faces the voters for the first time as senator since she took over Al Franken’s seat late last year. Heck, if the narrow GOP state Senate majority (one seat!) was up for re-election this year, Minnesota would’ve been top two!

And then there are the House races. If there is a potential Democratic vulnerability in what is otherwise shaping up to be an incredibly solid Democratic year, it is in Minnesota. Here, Democrats must defend two open seats on turf that swung sharply to Donald Trump at the presidential level, and came within an eyelash of being won by Republican House candidates against strong Democratic incumbents in 2016. On paper? A very tall order. But the electoral headwinds for the GOP, coupled with the fact that one of those outgoing incumbents (southern Minnesota Rep. Tim Walz) is at the top of the ballot running for governor, may save the Dems here. And if they managed to hold these seats, there are a pair of attractive targets in the House for them, as well (incumbents Jason Lewis and Erik Paulsen).
   26. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:52 AM (#5742093)
Followup to #24--

Josh Barro:
Bringing a lie detector to the White House feels like bringing a drug-sniffing dog to Studio 54.

27. DJS, the Digital Dandy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:53 AM (#5742095)
Jolly, you could just admit you don't know what the word "express" means. Nobody here really thinks you're literate anyway, so you're conceding nothing.
   28. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:56 AM (#5742096)
Trump tweets today:

1st:

“We have found nothing to show collusion between President Trump & Russia, absolutely zero, but every day we get more documentation showing collusion between the FBI & DOJ, the Hillary campaign, foreign spies & Russians, incredible

2nd

New Strzok-Page texts reveal “Media Leak Strategy.” @FoxNews So terrible, and NOTHING is being done at DOJ or FBI - but the world is watching, and they get it completely.

3rd:

“ERIC Holder could be running the Justice Department right now and it would be behaving no differently than it is.”

4th:

Rudy Giuliani did a GREAT job as Mayor of NYC during the period of September 11th. His leadership, bravery and skill must never be forgotten. Rudy is a TRUE WARRIOR!

5th:

Departing Washington, D.C. to attend a Flight 93 September 11th Memorial Service in Shanksville, Pennsylvania with Melania

6th:

17 years since September 11th!

We all know it, but it bears repeating as often as possible, that the president is a real shitbag.
   29. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:57 AM (#5742098)
Please stop, Andy.

Stop what? Sacreligious references to Mr. Natural?
   30. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:57 AM (#5742099)
Well, if you add an O you get Expresso which apparently my luxury hotel that I'm staying at thinks is a thing and perhaps because of the x they feel they need to charge 7 dollars for. Perhaps to cover the expense of an X.
   31. Swoboda is freedom Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:57 AM (#5742100)
“Minnesota?!” To which the only proper answer is: you’re damned right, Minnesota. Pound for pound, there might not be a greater volume of competitive races in America anywhere else

Is this some sort of dig at the weight problem in Minnesota. Hey, there is a lot of cheese there! They are working on it!
   32. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:57 AM (#5742101)
tshipman, #1168 of previous thread:
The last time, when Nixon had the walls start to close in, you started to see the sort of administrative coup described by Woodward and the op-ed. That, arguably, was appropriate, given that everyone around Nixon could see he was going to be impeached.
BDC, #1174:
And of course, one of the primary sources for our knowledge of that quasi-coup is Woodward & Bernstein's Final Days. An interesting postmodern example of how you can't write history without influencing it …

By semi-chance, I'm just finishing up Woodward & Bernstein's "The Final Days." [NO SPOILERS!] This summer's events reminded me that I'd never read it, but I got the book before I'd heard anything about Woodward's just-published one.

Great fun to read about the specific complaints that were made against the Watergate investigation in 1973-74, and the accusations leveled against it. They include:

*The investigation is an excuse for a "fishing expedition";
*Americans shouldn't believe the news, because it's made up;
*Why isn't the DOJ going after John Dean instead? Or Ted Kennedy?;
*At the end of the day, the general public doesn't care about this;
*The investigation itself is the real crime;
*It's more important to find out who's not loyal;
*They're just using this as a pretext to destroy the president;
*We can't believe anonymous attacks made by cowards;
*Innocent lives are being ruined merely because of their association with the president;
*We need to end the investigation because it's dragging on much too long;
*The real problem here is the leaks;
*The investigation is entirely a "partisan witch-hunt."

In November 1973, Nixon's Watergate counsel J. Fred Buzhardt recommended resignation, delivering this frosty assessment of the remaining 3 years of his term as president: "Everything after this is a damage-limiting operation.”
   33. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 09:57 AM (#5742102)
In economic news ... Goldman Bear-Market Risk Indicator at Highest Since 1969: Chart

The firm’s Bull/Bear Index, which is based on measures of equity valuation, growth momentum, unemployment, inflation and the yield curve, is now at levels last seen in 1969.

Note: I am actually not that impressed by this statistic, but since certain posters endlessly touted the even less valid VIX, I feel free to post this with the added FWIW codicil.
   34. BDC Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:00 AM (#5742103)
Speaking of governors of Texas, Greg Abbott weighs in on another controversy:

How “heroic” were the defenders who died at the Alamo?

That’s a question that the State Board of Education will likely take up during hearings next week, as it considers recommended changes to the state’s seventh-grade history curriculum standards.

And it’s one that’s drawn attention from top state lawmakers, including Gov. Greg Abbott, who has encouraged Texans to call members of the SBOE and tell them to “stop political correctness" from affecting how students are taught about the attack by Mexican troops.

The board’s social studies work group — a committee of approximately 100 historians and educators who applied to review the state social studies curriculum — has suggested eliminating a line in seventh-grade history standards about “all the heroic defenders who gave their lives” at the Alamo, knowing they would die while protecting the former mission.

“‘Heroic’ is a value charged word,” the committee wrote in a June draft of its recommendations …

{Abbott's tweet}: "Stop political correctness in our schools. Of course Texas schoolchildren should be taught that Alamo defenders were ‘Heroic’! I fully expect the State Board of Education to agree."

Undeniably brave, but heroic … the committee is correct. It's an open question. Read one way, the Texas Revolution was a precursor of later "filibusters" where white, slaveholding Americans barged into free Latin American states (notably Nicaragua) and tried to set up slave "republics": an important context for the Civil War. As with the Confederacy itself, should these guys be characterized as "heroic?" There are memorials to "heroes of Texas" scattered all over the state, many of them commemorating what seem in retrospect basically gang activity aimed at ethnically cleansing territory for white settlers. At best, wouldn't you want history students to think of the heroism of these actions as an open question? (I ask rhetorically; obviously there's political hay to be made from "heroism.")

Much of the issue is simply whose history counts. If history means only white folks' manifest destiny, then Abbott is right.
   35. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:01 AM (#5742105)
Don't know that indicator but considering what happened in the stock market since 1969 that isn't a very damning statement. Well, perhaps it is damning for the indicator.
   36. Greg K Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:03 AM (#5742106)
The antiquarian John Selden famously complained that the King James Bible was too accurately translated. The translators had shown off their knowledge of ancient, obscure languages, but failed to turn it into readable English.
   37. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:04 AM (#5742107)
Great fun to read about the specific complaints that were made in 1973-74, and the accusations leveled against the Watergate investigation. They include:

Even those who do learn from history seem to be doomed to repeat it, they just get to make better snarky comments.

Note: The actual source quote is "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." But I went with the more commonly remembered version. Sue me.
   38. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:07 AM (#5742108)
Don't know that indicator but considering what happened in the stock market since 1969 that isn't a very damning statement. Well, perhaps it is damning for the indicator.

"But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead."
   39. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:08 AM (#5742109)
   40. Hot Wheeling American, MS-13 Enthusiast Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:13 AM (#5742112)
@realdonaldtrump:
“@realDonaldTrump: I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th.”

5:12 PM - 11 Sep 2013

@dprk_news:
US president Donald Trump restores dignity to white house, at solemn memorial for victims of terrorist attacks.
   41. Swoboda is freedom Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:13 AM (#5742113)
real GDP growth chart that includes as-yet nonexistent Goldman Sachs estimates.

I don't remember having negative growth under Obama either after the initial downturn. No big quarters, but no downturns either.
   42. The usual palaver and twaddle (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:14 AM (#5742114)
Old thread, 1405

From Ray:

Do reruns of The Cosby Show really need to be pulled?

- snip -

Similar question for whether Roseanne had to delete Roseanne. Are we watching for the content of the characters or for the character of the actors?

(emphasis mine)

I dunno...maybe we should ask Colin Kaepernick.
   43. Zonk is a Doppleclapper Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:18 AM (#5742117)
I don't remember having negative growth under Obama either after the initial downturn. No big quarters, but no downturns either.

I thought we dipped one quarter during the stupid austerity sequester...
   44. Omineca Greg Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:22 AM (#5742119)
From the previous thread, YR.

But how do you reconcile such a worldview with the sunny, innocent optimism he offered here:

My eyes roll in my head
I toss and turn in my bed
In the morning when I think about you
(yes I do)
Simply put, you're the reason why
Even though I'm real shy
(real shy)
I attempt to look my best for you
(indeed I do, just for you)
Cause you affect me, fascinate me
I thank heaven for the things that you do
It's like candy
You sure are sweet - Sweet!
You're so dandy
You're taking my appetite - but it's all right

We’ve seen references to confections used as metaphors for attraction before, such as the works of Leslie Gore and Bow Wow WOW, but rarely do they convey such desperate longing as Blackmon does here. These are the words of a man so besotted with longing that he can’t keep his emotions hidden anymore than he could keep his athletic supporter inside his pants.

I think that's an interesting question; Larry seems to be pulled in two separate directions on the Word Up! album. Of course, a lot of artists wrestle with that kind of duality, so there's nothing unique about this situation, but as you say, to present two such differing worldviews simultaneously, makes one wonder. But at the same time, we have to view Blackmon's work not in a vacuum, but as part of a larger group of artists, so let me present to you a theory as to how the song "Candy" came about. This is all conjecture on my part, but I'll let you be the judge as to whether this theory holds water.

In 1986, when "Word Up!" dropped, R&B was moving in several different directions. Cameo had successfully negotiated the fickle trends of black popular music for almost ten years. From the blatant P-Funk derivations of Cardiac Arrest, to the more EW&F influenced Cameosis, Blackmon's men were commercially and artistically successful, but not especially original. It wasn't until Blackmon dropped the horns (initially an economic decision) on 1982's Alligator Woman that Cameo became a truly individual unit. The blending of New Wave aesthetics with funk was as idiosyncratic as it was commercially profitable. Instead of following trends, Blackmon was creating them, but with his new found eminence, he was faced with a new challenge: keeping his music fresh and edgy. The more you got, the more you got to lose.

One potential challenger to Cameo's hegemony was Marvin Sease. 1986 was the year his eponymous debut album was released. Sease, who was actually ten years older than Blackmon, would not initially seem to be a threat to Cameo, his music hearkened back to the smooth pre-disco soul of the early 70s. But Sease was willing to work in a frankly erotic lyrical milieu, including his landmark track, "Candy Licker". Before we investigate "Candy Licker" in depth, let me first say, that Blackmon may have felt it necessary to get in on any potential "Candy" trend, and indeed, Cameo's "Candy" was a successful record indeed. Sease's record never really got its due, so obviously Blackmon's strategy of a sugary, cavity promoting preemptive strike payed off. But let's look at "Candy Licker" on its own merits.

I'll give a snippet of the lyrics of "Candy Licker". Even thirty years later, they're quite explicit, so in the service of modesty, I'll only do a sampling. If you're curious, you can hear the whole record here, although I warn you, it's graphic...

I'm not ashamed no more

I wanna do the thing
that your lover
Never did before.

Baby, let me be
your Candy Licker, girl
I just wanna be
I'm not ashamed
I wanna be
Your Candy Licker, girl

Let me lick you up,
let me lick you down,
turn around baby,
let me lick you all around

Sease

I ask you now to use your imagination. Imagine Larry Blackmon, burned out, with no time for romance, repulsed by all the sucka DJ's thinking they're so fly, hearing this record, knowing his crown was in jeopardy.

A chilling vision, isn't it?

Anyway, only Blackmon knows for sure. Marvin Sease never really broke through, although he did manage to make a living with his music until his untimely death at the age of (will you still need me, will you still let me lick you, when I'm) 64.

For those who took a pass on the nearly ten minute link above, I present a live version that really has to be seen to be believed. An aged Marvin, grabbing his crotch and sticking out his tongue in a cornucopia of provocative ways, offering to lick all comers, there's something both unbearably tragic, but also oddly compelling about an artist's dogged persistence in following his vision. My own heart is torn in two; I honestly can't decide if it's pathetic or marvellous.
   45. DavidFoss Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:22 AM (#5742120)

The DJIA dropped 35 percent between October 1968 and June 1970.

Recession of 1969–70

It's not one of the more memorable recessions historically but a recession nonetheless.

That's what is curious about the bloomberg metric, though. Why 1969? I can think of a half dozen more severe recessions. I get that the economy currently doesn't have a whole lot of other places to go but I don't see the huge supply shocks and inflation spikes of the 70s or the bubbles of 2000 & 2007. The market guys here (traderdave, etc) would know more than me, though.

46. Davo and his Moose Tacos Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:23 AM (#5742121)
What is jesus’ middle name?

12. Traderdave
F, as in "fictional."

2edgy4me
   47. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:29 AM (#5742125)
How “heroic” were the defenders who died at the Alamo?

That's funny, I literally just started a series on Amazon Prime called "Texas Rising", which begins ... just as the Alamo has fallen.
   48. SouthSideRyan Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:30 AM (#5742126)
Was just coming to post that pic in [40] He's going to give some kind of embarrassing speech(es?) today isn't he.
   49. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:33 AM (#5742128)
I see. So when David Duke, Dylann Roof, and Adolf Hitler are invited to speak at that conference, their chosen topic has to be formally labeled "white nationalism" in order for anyone to figure out what the conference is promoting.
No, you still don’t see. If you're figuring out, then it’s not express.

And of course none of those guys were present. And this is rich coming from the guy who claimed that Obama paling around with terrorists and anti-American racist preachers was completely meaningless.
   50. Greg K Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:40 AM (#5742129)
I've been watching the (inferior) American Newsroom the last few days. It's amazing how 2011 can seem like an entirely foreign world when seen from 2018.

Also, Sorkin was leaning pretty hard on love interest storylines all over the place.
   51. Greg K Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:42 AM (#5742130)
I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date

That's a good line. It's definitely going in the next eulogy I'm asked to deliver.
   52. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:45 AM (#5742132)
Is there another The Newsroom?
   53. Fernigal McGunnigle Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:49 AM (#5742134)
“@realDonaldTrump: I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th.”

5:12 PM - 11 Sep 2013
I think that this might be the lowest tweet of his career, though there's a ton of competition. What an #######.
   54. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:49 AM (#5742135)
In the first three days following their respective wins in the Florida primary, Democrat Andrew Gillum pulled in over $4 million in donations. Republican Ron DeSantis raised $521,880.
   55. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:54 AM (#5742140)
I think that this might be the lowest tweet of his career, though there's a ton of competition. What an #######.

I am just glad he included me in his well wishes.

<Insert your own joke here>
   56. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: September 11, 2018 at 10:58 AM (#5742144)
It doesn’t matter if the conference has David Duke, Dylann Roof, and Adolf Hitler speaking; that still wouldn’t make it the express purpose of the conference. “Inferred” and “express” are opposites. Posting yet another article that doesn’t say what you claim can’t change that.

I see. So when David Duke, Dylann Roof, and Adolf Hitler are invited to speak at that conference, their chosen topic has to be formally labeled "white nationalism" in order for anyone to figure out what the conference is promoting. And when a Klansman removes his mask and his robe and tries to pass himself off as a Bible salesman, I suppose he ceases to be a Klansman.

Jesus H. Christ, all that's left for you to say now would be that if those three men weren't public figures, they'd have just cause to sue me for slander.

Seriously, if simply calling a bunch of Eurocentric and anti-Muslim speakers white nationalists causes you this much agita, you might want to consider upping your heart medication. You're way too young to die, and we want to keep you around.

No, you still don’t see. If you're figuring out, then it’s not express.

And of course none of those guys were present.

Well, duh. But of course I was merely responding to your hypothetical citation of them.

And this is rich coming from the guy who claimed that Obama paling around with terrorists and anti-American racist preachers was completely meaningless.

So if words have meaning, then what exactly does "paling around" here mean? Please clue us in.

Has Obama ever expressed any sympathies for terrorism or Wright's racist rants? (Hint: The answer is no.)

And OTOH has DeSantis often expressed sympathy for the ideas expressed by the motley crew of deplorables who attend Horowitz's conferences and often wind up in Trump's White House? (Hint: The answer is yes.)
   57. PepTech, the Legendary Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:03 AM (#5742146)
The first tax cut bill worked so well let's do another!
Which would be funny if it weren't sad.

House Republicans Unveil Plan to Make Individuals’ Tax Cuts Permanent

House GOP Introduces New Tax Cut Bill Ahead of Midterm Elections
The legislation — released as Republicans are at risk of losing their majority in the House — is seen as a last-ditch effort by GOP lawmakers to convince voters of the benefits of their new tax code. Polls consistently show less than half of Americans approve of the tax cut.

“It’s time to change the culture in Washington where we only do tax reform once a generation,” House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady said in a statement.
Brady continued, "We have to do it twice in a year because A) we can't accomplish anything else, and B) if we don't bribe voters now we'll lose control of the chambers and be sad."

I may have garnished the second part of that quote.
   58. Ishmael Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM (#5742147)
2edgy4me

Bruno Bauer, who was a pupil of Hegel and a teacher of Marx, (and who is the target of various polemics written by Marx and Engels) was an early Mythicist. And a great, radical critic.
   59. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:09 AM (#5742151)
Which would be funny if it weren't sad.

It used to be you could mock the GOP as the party where every problem or even non-problem called for another tax cut, but they have embraced the mocking and made it real.

Seriously what does the GOP stand for any more other than: more guns, fewer taxes and immigrants, and abortions and liberals are bad. Oh sure there are the Nazi curious and criminal enterprise portions of the GOP, but I don't know that "stand for" is the way to characterize that portion of the GOP agenda.
   60. Hot Wheeling American, MS-13 Enthusiast Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:11 AM (#5742152)

The Republican Party took a look at that man and said...yes, that's the guy who represents our values and who we feel would best serve this country as one of the only 45 people to ever hold the office of President of the United States.
   61. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:13 AM (#5742154)

My head-canon is that it's "Hamid".
   62. Count Vorror Rairol Mencoon (CoB) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:14 AM (#5742155)

That's funny, I literally just started a series on Amazon Prime called "Texas Rising", which begins ... just as the Alamo has fallen.

Heh ... so far, in the pilot ... it's 1/4 "ehhh ... it's ok" and 3/4 "this is so bad it's funny" ...
   63. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:15 AM (#5742156)
As in "Harold be thy name?"

There is some support for the idea in the popular Christmas carol "'Hark, the Harold!' Angels Sing".
   64. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:26 AM (#5742164)
Senate Forecast Moves Towards Democrats

The Weekly Standard’s forecast shows Democrats now have a 41% chance to take control of the Senate in this year’s midterm elections.

Given the map that is freaking insane. I will still be happy with only a single seat lost and they are giving the Democrats a chance to take control of the Senate?
   65. DavidFoss Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:30 AM (#5742170)
There is some support for the idea in the popular Christmas carol "'Hark, the Harold!' Angels Sing".

Since this is a baseball site, it is my duty to bring up one of my favorite Sports Illustrated cover puns.

Just about every spring, they used to take pictures during the first week of spring training of a veteran player on a new team and put them on the cover. The previous year, it was Rollie Fingers.
   66. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM (#5742172)
Well, if you add an O you get Expresso which apparently my luxury hotel that I'm staying at thinks is a thing and perhaps because of the x they feel they need to charge 7 dollars for. Perhaps to cover the expense of an X.

You say that like you are getting ripped off. Have you seen the street value of X recently? At 7 bucks, they are probably running at a loss!
   67. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:42 AM (#5742177)
You say that like you are getting ripped off. Have you seen the street value of X recently? At 7 bucks, they are probably running at a loss!

I drive past this place periodically on the way to visit family and am always amused ... MaXxx Motorsports

We didn't get the point after the first two X's?
   68. DavidFoss Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM (#5742180)
We didn't get the point after the first two X's?

The link is blocked in my workplace. Do the three x's mean the same that they do in film? I wouldn't immediately thick of motorsports when thinking of that type of film but then again there is Rule 34.
   69. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:51 AM (#5742182)
Re 64. I can't wait for after the election when the Dems lose a Senate seat and clapper and his ilk will say remember when the silly libruls on this board said the Dems were going to take back the Senate.
   70. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:53 AM (#5742184)
Closets, closets, closets, closets
   71. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM (#5742187)
The link is blocked in my workplace. Do the three x's mean the same that they do in film? I wouldn't immediately thick of motorsports when thinking of that type of film but then again there is Rule 34.

No, that is the (?) weird part, it is a motorcycle dealer (as far as I could tell from driving past them and then a quick glance at their horrible website.
   72. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM (#5742188)
Hmmmmm, somebody may be protesting too much:

Donald Trump Jr. says his father can’t trust everyone around him after the anonymous op-ed
Asked whom he trusts, Trump Jr. declined to answer but suggested that family members working in the White House remain in the fold. President Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, are both White House advisers.

“I’m talking outside family. That goes without saying,” Trump Jr. said.

“It would be easier to get things done if you’re able to fully trust everyone around you,” he added. “I think that’s a shame.

Yes, it sure is a shame that someone's making it harder for a psychopath to "get things done".
   73. Davo and his Moose Tacos Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:59 AM (#5742190)
Seriously what does the GOP stand for any more other than: more guns, fewer taxes and immigrants, and abortions and liberals are bad. Oh sure there are the Nazi curious and criminal enterprise portions of the GOP, but I don't know that "stand for" is the way to characterize that portion of the GOP agenda.

It’s a bad mixture when the Party who wins most of the elections is also the Party whose policies are incredibly unpopular. Centre cannot hold and such...
   74. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 11:59 AM (#5742191)
What exactly does Trump want to get done? The wall?
   75. Davo and his Moose Tacos Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM (#5742192)
74 “I’m gonna run this town like I run my casinos
More police, and less Latinos.”
   76. BDC Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM (#5742194)
More from Texas: state agency considers cutting high-school cosmetology programs:

On Aug. 23, the Texas Education Agency presented a plan to cut high school career and technical education, or CTE, programs that do not meet new baselines during a webinar for the Human Services advisory committee. The committee, made up of teachers, academics and industry professionals, was formed to consult TEA staff on the review process of the programs. According to materials from the webinar, all of the CTE programs on the chopping block fell under the cosmetology banner, from barbering and hairdressing to skincare and makeup. The professions these programs prepare students for earn an average annual salary of between $21,507 and $30,056 according to the wage data presented — short of the new CTE target salary of $35,339.

Vocational training in public schools has been cut all over the US for decades, and is a favorite target of both right and left. The right always wants to cut education funding, and the left wants to get people onto the college track, seeing that as the future of the higher service-based economy.

But of course, people still need haircuts, and licensing systems throw up barriers and require costly training from those who cut it. (And such licensing is popular on mainstream right and left, too, libertarians and extreme leftists being the only ones to critique it.)

So instead of getting that training in school, prospective cosmetologists (and folks seeking other vocations) must get it at for-profit schools, or at best at community colleges, thus stepping onto the student-debt treadmill. If you think $21-30K is low earnings after high school, factor in paying off your student loans on it. And so the working class stays poor: the all-but-spoken intention of such cuts.
   77. The usual palaver and twaddle (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM (#5742196)

No no no no no no no no...you'e thinking of watersports.

And hey, speaking of President Trump...
   78. Dog on the sidewalk Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:15 PM (#5742197)
Is the license requirement for hairdressers really broadly popular?
   79. JL72 Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:18 PM (#5742198)
Vocational training in public schools has been cut all over the US for decades, and is a favorite target of both right and left.

Which is pretty stupid on both sides, for the reasons you give. A real opportunity to reach out to the working class that is being lost. And perhaps one of the reasons that groups seems to dislike both parties.
   80. PreservedFish Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:18 PM (#5742199)
But of course, people still need haircuts

And we have Vietnamese immigrants to give them.
   81. BDC Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:31 PM (#5742204)
Is the license requirement for hairdressers really broadly popular?

I guess I don't mean popular in the sense that there's a constituency for it. But in a managerial sense, yes. The left sees it as a way of protecting both consumers and workers. The right sees it as a field for entrepreneurship (those for-profit schools), and as a source of fee income, their favorite way of funding government.
   82. DavidFoss Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:39 PM (#5742208)
If you miss your midterms and flunk shampoo then it is back to high school for you!
   83. This is going to be state of the art wall Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:42 PM (#5742210)
So instead of getting that training in school, prospective cosmetologists (and folks seeking other vocations) must get it at for-profit schools, or at best at community colleges, thus stepping onto the student-debt treadmill. If you think $21-30K is low earnings after high school, factor in paying off your student loans on it. And so the working class stays poor: the all-but-spoken intention of such cuts.

Ugh. Awful. I'm big on vocational training. I think that we send way too many kids to college that would be better served learning a trade and not taking on debt. At my small HS we had both cosmetology and carpentry vocational training and it served the subset of students (and we all knew those kids) that weren't really interested in too much "book learning" but that were otherwise ready to enter the work force and had skills in those fields.

I guess I don't mean popular in the sense that there's a constituency for it. But in a managerial sense, yes. The left sees it as a way of protecting both consumers and workers. The right sees it as a field for entrepreneurship (those for-profit schools), and as a source of fee income, their favorite way of funding government.

There's obviously some public health utility to it as well. Need to be cleaning your combs and ####.
   84. Dog on the sidewalk Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM (#5742216)
There's obviously some public health utility to it as well. Need to be cleaning your combs and ####.

You don't need to take a special course to know you need to keep things sanitary, and issuing a license doesn't ensure it's going to happen anyway. Do barbers/hairdressers receive visits from health inspectors? That would make a lot more sense to me than requiring lengthy, specialized training for something I do safely all the time by myself.
   85. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:59 PM (#5742221)

No no no no no no no no...you'e thinking of watersports.

Oh you sweet, innocent child. You think something as mainstream as watersports is the reason rule 34 exists? Shall I introduce you to some man on tailpipe action?
   86. McCoy Posted: September 11, 2018 at 12:59 PM (#5742222)
It's all about usage fees and taxes. The lifeblood of towns and counties.
   87. The usual palaver and twaddle (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:04 PM (#5742224)
Shall I introduce you to some man on tailpipe action?

Oooo...that smarts!
   88. Srul Itza Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:06 PM (#5742225)
I saw an ad in my morning paper for a 9/11 Sale.

There are no words.
   89. Joe Bivens is NOT a clueless numpty Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:08 PM (#5742227)
1.5 million ORDERED by the government to evacuate the hurricane landfall zone. Will the libertarians comply???
   90. JL72 Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:08 PM (#5742228)
You don't need to take a special course to know you need to keep things sanitary, and issuing a license doesn't ensure it's going to happen anyway.

I think you would be surprised. But this seems best addressed through the initial training/education and then inspectors. States tell schools what they have to teach for history, math, etc. I don't see how that should differ with trades.
   91. This is going to be state of the art wall Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:09 PM (#5742230)
You don't need to take a special course to know you need to keep things sanitary, and issuing a license doesn't ensure it's going to happen anyway. Do barbers/hairdressers receive visits from health inspectors? That would make a lot more sense to me than requiring lengthy, specialized training for something I do safely all the time by myself.

Personally if I'm going to a hairdresser or barber I'd like to know they have a license and at least have to maintain certain "jump through the hoop" standards. These little regulations are markers for a successful business anyways, if you can't manage the simple stuff, you're not going to manage the business itself.
   92. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:13 PM (#5742234)
Shall I introduce you to some man on tailpipe action?

Oooo...that smarts!

Clearly didn't use enough WD40.
   93. PreservedFish Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:14 PM (#5742235)
Do barbers/hairdressers receive visits from health inspectors? That would make a lot more sense to me than requiring lengthy, specialized training for something I do safely all the time by myself.

Define "safely." You're subjecting untold thousands - from family and coworkers to the strangers you pass on the street - to your ghastly haircut. There are some critical public wellbeing concerns at play here, to say nothing of how legions of amateur coiffures might impact our international standing. Licensed hairdressers might be all that's standing between us and the return of the rat-tail.
   94. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:14 PM (#5742236)
1.5 million ORDERED by the government to evacuate the hurricane landfall zone. Will the libertarians comply???

THEY'LL HAVE TO PRY MY ROOF FROM MY COLD, DEAD FINGERS
   95. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:21 PM (#5742239)
I saw an ad in my morning paper for a 9/11 Sale.

Who would want to buy another one?
   96. Srul Itza Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:22 PM (#5742241)
That would make a lot more sense to me than requiring lengthy, specialized training for something I do safely all the time by myself.

What would really make sense is an expansion of apprenticeship programs. Learn on the job. Fairly small subsidies would make it attractive for both employer and employee. A minimum of book learning thrown in.

I believe such programs work well in various European countries.
   97. Srul Itza Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:23 PM (#5742243)

I hope not.
   98. Greg K Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:23 PM (#5742244)
Is there another The Newsroom?

Ken Finkleman's The Newsroom from the mid-90s.
   99. Davo and his Moose Tacos Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:29 PM (#5742246)
when you definitely did not commit war crimes

@bnonews
BREAKING: U.S. threatens to prosecute ICC judges and sanction their funds if it opens an investigation into alleged U.S. war crimes in Afghanistan
   100. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: September 11, 2018 at 01:29 PM (#5742248)
Vlad brought the funny today. Well done for #95.
Page 1 of 14 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
tshipman
for his generous support.