Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Monday, March 05, 2018

OTP 3 March 2018: Texas Wesleyan baseball coach fired after rejecting Colorado prospect over politics

A college baseball coach in Texas was fired Thursday partly because of an email he sent to a high school prospect in Colorado. Texas Wesleyan University’s coach told the senior that Colorado players have failed drug tests in the past and the university doesn’t take a chance on students from the state.

At a Thursday morning press conference, University President Fred Slabach announced coach Mike Jeffcoat was fired because of the remarks and for violating National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics rules regarding player eligibility. Slabach said the school had been investigating the rule violations for about a week and reported them to the NAIA on Thursday.

Earlier, the Fort Worth college released a statement on the matter saying, “This email does not reflect our values and we do not condone discrimination ... including those on the basis of race, color, religion, disability or sexuality; or the political legislation of one’s home state.”

(As always, views expressed in the article lede and comments are the views of the individual commenters and the submitter of the article and do not represent the views of Baseball Think Factory or its owner.)

Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 07:54 AM | 1817 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: college baseball, colorado, off topic, politics, texas

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 1 of 19 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›
   1. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 09:26 AM (#5633673)
Looks like I'll be voting for Greg Abbott tomorrow:

In the Republican primary, Abbott faces Barbara Krueger of Plano, a retired high school chemistry teacher. On Facebook, after she filed against Abbott in December, Krueger wrote: “People of God rise up! We can create a spiritual revolution in Texas! Let’s make Texas the prototype for America! The radical Islamic extremist want to wipe us out! Let us stand for God’s will & let our voices ring out! Let freedom ring!” Abbott’s other GOP opponent is Larry SECEDE Kilgore, a perennial candidate since 2004 who legally changed his name in 2012 to include his secessionist sentiments. Kilgore ran against Abbott in the 2014 Republican primary and received 1.46 percent of the vote.

I mean, Abbott is polling at 95% anyway, but I do not hold with voting for the insane, or tactically somehow not voting against the insane. That is how we ended up with Donald Trump as President.
   2. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 09:29 AM (#5633676)
In a more local race I have a choice between a dog and a snake:

At some point during the discussion with the newspaper’s editorial board, [Tarrant District Clerk] challenger Frank Palomino started wagging his finger at incumbent Tom Wilder and alleged that Wilder’s marriage to his longtime wife, Charlene, was a sham. “You got divorced in 1972,” Palomino said. “You’re not married.”

Wilder responded: “You’re a lyin’ dog!”

Palomino wouldn’t relent, and he continued his finger wagging until his pointer was inches from the enraged face of Wilder, who had jumped forward in his swiveling office chair to engage with Palomino. “I have got your divorce papers at my house!” Palomino said. Wilder then threw his hands up, and called Palomino a snake. “No, you’re a snake!” Palomino shouted back.

Apparently Palomino hadn't figured out that Wilder and his wife had remarried in 1972, and have stayed remarried for 46 years. Not a good look for somebody running for Clerk :)
   3. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 09:40 AM (#5633681)
Palomino wouldn’t relent, and he continued his finger wagging until his pointer was inches from the enraged face of Wilder,

Just reading that made me jumpy. I'm very big on personal space, I react with reflexive hostility when someone puts something close to my face without my assent.
   4. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 09:56 AM (#5633692)
Here's hoping - Republicans See House Slipping Away

Mike Allen: “Top Republicans sound increasingly resigned to losing a special House election in Pennsylvania Trump Country a week from today, after party-affiliated groups spent more than $9 million on a race that should be a ‘gimme.'”
   5. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 09:58 AM (#5633693)
Was this a Mutumbo-like finger wag? That's a bold move.

What scares me is that so many of our national politicians are cut from the same cloth as these petty idiots.
   6. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 09:59 AM (#5633694)
“The last night he was in the White House, the day before inauguration he called just to say that he enjoyed working with me. And I certainly said the same. He didn’t have to do that. It was very nice.”

— Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), quoted by The Hill, saying he keeps in touch with former President Obama.

I am sure similar things will be said about ... some future President, maybe the one elected in 2020.
   7. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:01 AM (#5633697)
“The last night he was in the White House, the day before inauguration he called just to say that he enjoyed working with me. And I certainly said the same. He didn’t have to do that. It was very nice.”

CUCK
   8. Lassus Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:01 AM (#5633698)
I react with reflexive hostility when someone puts something close to my face without my assent.

Pretty sure all the best replies here are homophobic.
   9. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:07 AM (#5633700)
To be clear, I'm saying that not just for his religious bigotry, but for the abomination that is the evangelical movement. That someone could die with a 25 million dollar estate, the entirety taken from the the collection plate, is a moral monstrosity.

There's a kernel of truth here, notwithstanding the immoderate and hysterical language in which it's embedded. The idea that's made some of these hucksters rich -- that somehow Jesus was some kind of proto-capitalist, with all manner of lessons for today's capitalist -- is obviously absurd.

Eh. Fools parted with their money and all that. I have no use for religion, but there was no fraud here, unless the entirety of religion which promises to have the ear of some sort of deity is a fraud (which of course it is, but I digress). He offered what he offered and they accepted. I think people with season tickets to sports teams are dolts, particularly if they are actually attending dozens of games a year, but I don't criticize the Yankees or Red Sox for offering a product that people accepted. And there are plenty of spending decisions of mine that could be criticized, so I use the term "dolt" sort of affectionately; I don't claim I'm immune from the general disease. People will use their income how they see fit.
   10. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:10 AM (#5633704)
Reading through the previous week's thread I'm (entirely un-) surprised at how deftly we pivoted from "Donald Trump says we should consider a dictatorship in America" to "Why haven't you hippies denounced Louis Farrakhan lately?"
   11. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:12 AM (#5633705)
I think people with season tickets to sports teams are dolts, particularly if they are actually attending dozens of games a year

Why?
   12. Greg K Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:13 AM (#5633706)
Eh. Fools parted with their money and all that. I have no use for religion, but there was no fraud here, unless the entirety of religion which promises to have the ear of some sort of deity is a fraud (which of course it is, but I digress). He offered what he offered and they accepted. I think people with season tickets to sports teams are dolts, particularly if they are actually attending dozens of games a year, but I don't criticize the Yankees or Red Sox for offering a product that people accepted. And there are plenty of spending decisions of mine that could be criticized, so I use the term "dolt" sort of affectionately; I don't claim I'm immune from the general disease. People will use their income how they see fit.

To paraphrase Matchstick Men from memory: "thieves take money, I just get people to give me money".
   13. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:13 AM (#5633707)
Pretty sure all the best replies here are homophobic.
I was just going to go with the nearly all-purpose "That's what she said."
   14. Lassus Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:14 AM (#5633708)
"Why haven't you hippies denounced Louis Farrakhan lately?"

He does seem to be getting fat.
   15. Hot Wheeling American, MS-13 Enthusiast Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:15 AM (#5633709)
Why?

Because he’s above everyone in the world, especially the ‘dolts’ with whom he chooses to spend hours a day online (while pretending to shuffle government papers, for which he gets handsomly paid).
   16. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:18 AM (#5633711)
By the way, I don't know if this was hashed out in real time on the thread, but I felt myself turning into SBB while watching the Oscars last night. My god, the politics. Too much.
   17. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:19 AM (#5633712)
Can't spell "Gopnick" without the GOP!

As Russia’s virtual war against the United States continues unabated with the midterm elections approaching, the State Department has yet to spend any of the $120 million it has been allocated since late 2016 to counter foreign efforts to meddle in elections or sow distrust in democracy.

As a result, not one of the 23 analysts working in the department’s Global Engagement Center — which has been tasked with countering Moscow’s disinformation campaign - speaks Russian, and a department hiring freeze has hindered efforts to recruit the computer experts needed to track the Russian efforts.
   18. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:20 AM (#5633714)
Earlier, the Fort Worth college released a statement on the matter saying, "This email does not reflect our values and we do not condone discrimination ... including those on the basis of race, color, religion, disability or sexuality; or the political legislation of one's home state."

What a hilarious statement. They had to throw the laundry list of race, color, creed, etc., in there even though Jeffcoat's position had nothing to do with any of those. I would have fired the guy too and he deserved to be fired, but this particular incident boiled down only to "the political legislation of one's home state," which as far as I'm aware does not actually fall under any of the enumerated discrimination categories under the law.

Here's a random plucking of the discrimination set from Harvard's policies. Nothing in here about "the political legislation of one's home state." I'm open to being shown that I'm wrong as this isn't my area of law but to my mind this wasn't a case of discrimination as that term has been defined under the law in that the victim wasn't the subject of a protected class. "People from Colorado" not being a protected class, it wasn't a discrimination issue at all. It was more an issue of Mike Jeffcoat being an asshat.

Statement of Equal Opportunity Laws and Policies1

Harvard University provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, training, education, and tuition assistance are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity. Each administrative officer of the University is responsible for ensuring that individuals are afforded equal opportunity and are not denied access to these benefits.
   19. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:23 AM (#5633715)
I would have fired the guy too and he deserved to be fired, but this particular incident boiled down only to "the political legislation of one's home state," which as far as I'm aware does not actually fall under any of the enumerated discrimination categories under the law.

Yeah but in light of the old maxim that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, I'd remind Mike Jeffcoat that only two things come out of Texas, and he doesn't have any horns.
   20. dlf Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:25 AM (#5633718)
Roughly fifteen miles from the Billy Graham library is the site of the former Heritage USA theme park run (into the ground) by Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker. Graham had his problems (reportedly denying his daughters' efforts at higher education because the role of a woman, he believed, was in the household; views on homosexual rights, etc.) but if you want a pure charlatan whose sole purpose in life is to divorce his followers from their money, the husk of Heritage stands as a monument to that particular blight.
   21. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:31 AM (#5633722)
It was more an issue of Mike Jeffcoat being an asshat.

Or, to follow up on my own post, having a weird logic flow. He was apparently trying to reduce the set of draftees who had smoked pot, so we can start there as far as whether his goal was a rational means to achieve rational ends -- not from a legal perspective just from a logical one. He had the comment in his email about thanking the "liberals" in his state so there's politics involved but that doesn't mean he was punishing draftees based on politics per se. He appears to have sincerely believed that pot smoking is a bad quality in a student athlete. And I'm not saying it is or it isn't, just trying to nail down his position. As with anything smoking a little here and there registers as a whatever on the scale, but smoking (or doing X) in more than moderation can be a problem if it's affecting critical aspects of your life.

Granted with heavy pot smokers in particular I've noticed it's more than just a habit; it's a way of life, kind of like surfing is. Or a religion.
   22. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:35 AM (#5633725)
Roughly fifteen miles from the Billy Graham library is the site of the former Heritage USA theme park run (into the ground) by Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker. Graham had his problems (reportedly denying his daughters' efforts at higher education because the role of a woman, he believed, was in the household; views on homosexual rights, etc.) but if you want a pure charlatan whose sole purpose in life is to divorce his followers from their money, the husk of Heritage stands as a monument to that particular blight.

You could fill a very large book with religious charlatans who were infinitely worse than Billy Graham, and for that matter worse than Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker.
   23. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:41 AM (#5633727)
I think people with season tickets to sports teams are dolts, particularly if they are actually attending dozens of games a year

Why?

Because in going to my one or two games a year, I can identify the people who spend far too many hours of their lives sitting at the ballpark. (Again, I say that sort of in an abstract way -- people would say I spend too many hours playing tennis, or walking, or listening to podcasts, or posting here. I don't think I'm exempt from the general issue. In fact this is what life is, to choose your interests.) They tend to be the ones in the gear of the home team. Tend to be overweight. A greater percentage of them under 50 have mustaches than the general pop in present day America. They have a few buddies around them. From their conversations they're there a lot. They tend to repeat mindless tropes from the Bill Maddens of the world. You listen and they don't actually know much about the thing they've dedicated their entire lives to and that they think they know everything about. As Joe Morgan once said about being able to tell when a pitchout is coming: Once you see one sign you see them all.
   24. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:45 AM (#5633728)
By the way, I don't know if this was hashed out in real time on the thread, but I felt myself turning into SBB while watching the Oscars last night. My god, the politics. Too much.

For the first time ever I didn't tune in. They finally drove me away. And I wanted to stay. I enjoy seeing the old time stars up there, the Christopher Walkens's and such, who as a 26 year old was featured in a 1970 Hawaii Five-0 episode (Private Walt Kramer in Run Johnny Run, who -- spoiler alert -- kills an MP because he covets the MP's wife).

-

Beyond the politics of it all -- listening to a bunch of rich people who have screwed up royally as an industry lecturing others is just over the top -- the structure of the show is horrible. They have the canned jokes. They spend way too long on awards that nobody gives a rat's ass about. Then when they finally get to the awards people do care about they're running out of time so it turns into a weird Gong Show as the recipients of these awards can't get through their speeches and are played off thestage. Then it gets sort of uncomfortable when they don't leave right away. The whole production is just so bizarre.
   25. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:47 AM (#5633729)
Gee, who could've predicted this?

Britain braces for an exodus of E.U. doctors and nurses feeling hurt by Brexit
BETTYHILL, Scotland — From his wind-scoured bungalow, Andreas Herfurt overlooks the village cemetery, an end place in his line of work. For almost 20 years, the German has served as the town doctor here in the woolly wilds on the north coast of Scotland.

“Those are not just my former patients,” Herfurt said of the graves surrounding the old church. “They are my neighbors and my friends. I have learned the hard way the whole truth about cradle-to-grave medical care.”

Herfurt is the National Health Service’s family physician for 850 souls in a 400-square-mile rural practice. This is a place where the cozy village pub — the Farr Bay Inn, known with a wink as the FBI — has a public room the size of a walk-in closet, the only restaurant option in winter is a fish-and-chips shop, and sheep outnumber humans by thousands to one.

Herfurt, 53, who never became a British citizen, says he has loved his life in the NHS, the United Kingdom’s much-admired, oft-derided, state-run universal health-care system. He has made decent money, by European standards. And he digs living in the middle of nowhere, with his Scottish wife and their big, slobbery dog.

“But I don’t know how much longer we will stay,” he said recently , taking a break at his clinic in nearby Armadale.

“In the simplest, most emotional terms, because I am human, I wonder: Am I wanted?” he said.

The German doctor is not alone in such feelings — which could spell disaster for the British health service.

Like Herfurt, many of his European colleagues in the NHS say they were stunned by Brexit, the vote by Britain in a June 2016 referendum to leave the European Union. The exit, which was not backed by most voters in Scotland or Northern Ireland, is scheduled for March 2019.

In a survey at the end of last year, the British Medical Association discovered that almost half of the European doctors working in Britain were considering leaving following the Brexit vote, and that nearly 1 in 5 were taking concrete steps — selling homes, looking for jobs....

"WAIT, WAIT, WE DIDN'T MEAN YOU!"
   26. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:48 AM (#5633731)
You could fill a very large book with religious charlatans who were infinitely worse than Billy Graham, and for that matter worse than Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker.

Would MLK,Jr., serial adulterer, be one of them?
   27. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:51 AM (#5633736)

To be clear, I'm saying that not just for his religious bigotry, but for the abomination that is the evangelical movement. That someone could die with a 25 million dollar estate, the entirety taken from the the collection plate, is a moral monstrosity.
Well, if he literally just took it from the collection plate, he would've been guilty of tax evasion (unless he reported it). Assuming you were speaking more figuratively, it's hard to see why that makes him a moral monster. I mean, evangelism isn't my cup of tea, but it's legal and voluntary. He wasn't taking it at gunpoint from people, the way people here applaud when the government does. That's a moral monstrosity.

(Incidentally, while I see the $25 million dollar net worth figure bandied about everywhere, it's not clear to me where it comes from. It seems to me to be a situation where one person reports something and everyone else just says "a reported $25M" or the like, which is true but not helpful.)
   28. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:52 AM (#5633738)
By the way, I don't know if this was hashed out in real time on the thread, but I felt myself turning into SBB
They have drugs electroshock therapy prefrontal lobotomies for that.
   29. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:55 AM (#5633739)
The speeches should be limited to those for only the 8 or 10 awards people want to see.
   30. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:57 AM (#5633740)
He wasn't taking it at gunpoint from people, the way people here applaud when the government does.

Who else would enforce the confiscatory nature of the legal system if not the government? Hired goons?

31. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:57 AM (#5633742)
The speeches should be limited to those for only the 8 or 10 awards people want to see.

PS I am not a crackpot.
   32. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:58 AM (#5633743)
By the way, I don't know if this was hashed out in real time on the thread, but I felt myself turning into SBB

They have drugs electroshock therapy prefrontal lobotomies for that.

Hell, postfrontal might even be required.
   33. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 10:59 AM (#5633744)
Beyond the politics of it all -- listening to a bunch of rich people who have screwed up royally as an industry lecturing others is just over the top -- the structure of the show is horrible. They have the canned jokes. They spend way too long on awards that nobody gives a rat's ass about. Then when they finally get to the awards people do care about they're running out of time so it turns into a weird Gong Show as the recipients of these awards can't get through their speeches and are played off thestage. Then it gets sort of uncomfortable when they don't leave right away. The whole production is just so bizarre.

One thing you missed last night was a very long tribute to American soldiers, with a million little snippets from war movies. It came immediately, I mean immediately, after a very long tribute to non-white-male contributors. A real one-two punch.

"We're getting a little heavy with the liberal stuff here. You think we should cool it?"
"No, let's just throw a bone to the old republicans that still buy movie tickets."
"Another montage? I'm on it!"

Kobe Bryant actually gave the best speech of the night. Short, gracious, and said hi to his kids in Italian.
   34. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:03 AM (#5633747)

And just when I thought you'd given up on trolling as one of your New Year's resolutions.
   35. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:06 AM (#5633751)
We have mentioned this race before, but there was an excerpt I thought interesting from this article - GOP Panic Spreads to Pennsylvania

Here’s how tricky things have gotten for Republicans: GOP outside groups have dramatically scaled back their ads promoting the party’s tax cut, with the messaging barely moving the needle in the district’s working-class confines.

When the GOP (outside groups anyway) gives up selling its own tax cut, that is fascinating and points to some very disappointing focus group results. I mean that was Trump's singular legislative achievement, without that and the ongoing parade of terrible judicial nominees what does Trump have to point to? Well, other than the lies and BS he will spew, of course.
   36. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:11 AM (#5633758)
Another high-profile contest in Texas tomorrow pits George P Bush against a colorful challenger, Jerry Patterson, for the office of Land Commissioner where Bush is incumbent and Patterson a former incumbent. There are lots of contradictions here, as a Guardian story makes clear (or unclear). Despite being Jeb's son, despite being Hispanic, George P. has pivoted all the way round to fulsome support for Cruz and Trump – and yet is still running a "low energy" campaign based seemingly on name-recognition and entitlement. Patterson, a right-libertarian type who is unabashedly in favor of wind power (and anything else that will make money), is challenging Bush from the (L) side if not actually the left, but will probably get Tea Party votes because his name isn't Bush – apparently Bushes can't even do the MAGA thing with any energy.
   37. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:12 AM (#5633759)
Here is a follow up from a story I have been following - 'Exodus' from Puerto Rico: A visual guide

We went back and forth a while back on the impact of said exodus, and here is some more data on what had actually happened.

Florida appears to be the top destination for Maria migrants -- by far.

More than half -- 52% -- of households that filed claims with FEMA from the states did so from Florida, which is the closest state to Puerto Rico geographically and has been the top destination for Puerto Ricans in recent years.

Outside Puerto Rico, the top six counties for FEMA claims -- Orange, Osceola, Miami-Dade, Broward, Hillsborough and Polk counties -- all are in Florida, according to the FEMA data. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford -- a metro area in central Florida already known as a mecca for Puerto Ricans -- is the top metro area for applicants outside Puerto Rico.
Other top states for migrants were New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Texas and Connecticut, all of which already had sizable Puerto Rican populations.

A ton more data on the other side of the link.
   38. manchestermets Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:12 AM (#5633760)
He wasn't taking it at gunpoint from people

Drink!
   39. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:14 AM (#5633761)
One thing you missed last night was a very long tribute to American soldiers, with a million little snippets from war movies. It came immediately, I mean immediately, after a very long tribute to non-white-male contributors. A real one-two punch.

They're there to talk about movies, are they not?

40. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:25 AM (#5633764)
And just when I thought you'd given up on trolling as one of your New Year's resolutions.

Well, I, too, have long ago given up on you ever addressing the issue or race and racism objectively and rationally.

I will say that what interests me about great men like MLK, Jr., is how exemplary they can be in one way and how repellant they can be in another. Ted Williams is sort of like that—public vs. private life contradictions. Eleanor Roosevelt was another. The paragon of a social progressive, what some might call a Social Justice Warrior extraordinaire and exemplar. Yet, by almost all accounts a cold and unfeeling wife and mother, as children, friends, and acquaintances attest—and she herself on occasion admitted this. But complexity with regards to race and racism will always elude you—mostly and probably because you refuse to try. Not only is doing it your way intellectually unenterprising, it's dull and tiresome.
   41. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:26 AM (#5633765)
They're there to talk about movies, are they not?

It's really not clear. There was even a whole bit about how the Oscars had actually become too black. "Don't worry, there's lots of white dudes in Hollywood still."

But, with all that said, I think it's worth noting that the movies themselves didn't appear to be the type of liberal dreck that you and others often accuse them of being. The winning movie was a love story about a fishman.
   42. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:27 AM (#5633766)
And finally, in another big electoral-news story, the Italian general election results in chaos (as usual), but a different sort of chaos than usual (Bloomberg):

The simple arithmetic doesn't really tell the story of Sunday's dramatic result. This was an anti-establishment triumph of the same magnitude as the Brexit referendum or Donald Trump's U.S. election victory. Two populist forces are on course together to secure around half the votes. Five Star looks set to be by far the largest party in Italy, polling well above 30 percent. Within the center-right bloc, the League is the dominant party, above Silvio Berlusconi’s Forza Italia.

The Five Star Movement and the League are different beasts, but they share many traits. They have both been critical of the euro – though Five Star has recently toned down its rhetoric. They have also been skeptical of Italy’s approach to immigration, which has been to rescue refugees coming from the Mediterranean sea. Most worryingly, they have been open-minded about claims that vaccinations are dangerous – a symptom of a broader skepticism towards science and “experts.”

The buzz in Rome is whether the two parties could team up and form a euroskeptic alliance. This partnership would likely be able to form a government, though politically that would be difficult to sustain.

English-language press seem to seem more similarities between Cinque Stelle (Five Stars) and right-populists than Italians themselves do; the Italian press I've seen today seems dubious about center-right/5-Star coalition possibilities. Despite somewhat isolationist and nationalist views, Cinque Stelle is above all an anti-corruption movement, unlikely to find common ground with nationalists on the right. To me it's kind of like imagining Bernie Sanders and Marco Rubio on the same ticket, even if on an issue or two they might find themselves aligned against the establishment. But there may never be good foreign analogies to Italian politics.
   43. Walks Clog Up the Bases Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:27 AM (#5633767)
I was getting concerned we weren't going to get our usual Ray post-Hollywood-award-show "celebrities are the worst" ramblings.
   44. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:29 AM (#5633769)
I haven't seen it, but doesn't The Shape of Water at least superficially seem almost like a remake of The Creature From The Black Lagoon?
   45. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:31 AM (#5633774)
Coco was the best animated film of 2017 and absolutely deserved to win, but the fact that "My Life as a Zucchini" wasn't even nominated while "Boss Baby" was shows how ridiculous the academy is. At least "The Breadwinner", which is a very good animated film about a young girl in Taliban Afghanistan, was nominated even if it didn't win. Hopefully more people will get a chance to see it now.
   46. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:33 AM (#5633775)
But, with all that said, I think it's worth noting that the movies themselves didn't appear to be the type of liberal dreck that you and others often accuse them of being. The winning movie was a love story about a fishman.

It's a mishmash of liberal dreck and artsy dreck, has been my complaint. Few action movies get nominated.

Can you imagine being nominated a film that romanticized the NRA or gun culture and turned them into heroes ("good guys with guns") who stopped a school shooting or something?
   47. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:37 AM (#5633777)
I haven't seen it, but doesn't The Shape of Water at least superficially seem almost like a remake of The Creature From The Black Lagoon?

Some say it's a remake of a number of films, none of which he credited.
   48. Blastin Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:37 AM (#5633778)
American Sniper happened.
   49. Walks Clog Up the Bases Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:37 AM (#5633779)
Maybe next year instead of the "In Memoriam," they can have a montage of all the movies Ray walked out of during the last year.
   50. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:39 AM (#5633780)
Take Gary Oldman's win. There's a severe backlash of him winning, stemming from past domestic violence allegations.

But why is that relevant, to an award that's supposed to be based on performance as an actor?
   51. Lassus Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:40 AM (#5633781)
Kobe Bryant actually gave the best speech of the night. Short, gracious, and said hi to his kids in Italian.

Getting some #metoo pushback this morning.
   52. Greg K Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:40 AM (#5633782)
English-language press seem to seem more similarities between Cinque Stelle (Five Stars) and right-populists than Italians themselves do; the Italian press I've seen today seems dubious about center-right/5-Star coalition possibilities.

It is interesting in that not forming coalitions was an explicit position of the Five Star Movement at the outset. It should be a fun battle within the ranks between true believers and realists.

It's hard to pin down the Five Star Movement exactly. They are populists certainly, but it seems like the rejection of party politics is all that unites them. An actual positive ideology doesn't seem to be part of the bargain.
   53. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:40 AM (#5633783)

Can you imagine being nominated a film that romanticized the NRA or gun culture and turned them into heroes ("good guys with guns") who stopped a school shooting or something?
I assume Ray is touting Death Wish for next year's award.
   54. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:41 AM (#5633784)
American Sniper happened.

The Academy's bias against Jesse The Body Ventura is well-known.
   55. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:42 AM (#5633785)

It's a mishmash of liberal dreck and artsy dreck, has been my complaint. Few action movies get nominated.
Yes, yes, you've already explained that the movie that makes you think the least is the best.
   56. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:44 AM (#5633787)
but doesn't The Shape of Water at least superficially seem almost like a remake of The Creature From The Black Lagoon?

The creature is modeled on the one from the Black Lagoon, but the story turns the standard '50s-'60s monster movie inside out, politically and socially.

Although a lot of monster movies were already incipiently inside-out as originals. What I remember of the original Black Lagoon is that the creature is primal and brutal, but the Scientists, who should know better, are somewhat worse than the creature, in their obsession with capturing/killing it. The Shape of Water heightens that theme, for sure.

There's a lot of ambivalence in the tradition. Forbidden Planet may show it best, where Walter Pidgeon creates a benevolent utopia, but at the cost of unleashing his Id Monster.
   57. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:44 AM (#5633788)

Well, I, too, have long ago given up on you ever addressing the issue or race and racism objectively and rationally.

I will say that what interests me about great men like MLK, Jr., is how exemplary they can be in one way and how repellant they can be in another. Ted Williams is sort of like that—public vs. private life contradictions. Eleanor Roosevelt was another. The paragon of a social progressive, what some might call a Social Justice Warrior extraordinaire and exemplar. Yet, by almost all accounts a cold and unfeeling wife and mother, as children, friends, and acquaintances attest—and she herself on occasion admitted this. But complexity with regards to race and racism will always elude you—mostly and probably because you refuse to try. Not only is doing it your way intellectually unenterprising, it's dull and tiresome.

Morty, there's nothing wrong with seeing MLK or Ted Williams or Eleanor Roosevelt as complex characters, which is what they were, as opposed to stick figures of Virtue. But when you use MLK's adultery as some sort of a counterpoint to the likes of the haters and charlatans of the religious right wing, you're simply trying to derail the conversation. The problem with silly comparisons like that is that unlike MLK/Teddy Ballgame/Eleanor, none of those religious right wing charlatans has ever contributed a scintilla of good to anyone other than themselves.
   58. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:46 AM (#5633790)
All these rich actresses and female movie people. You think it would be a no-brainer to start their own production company. Surely, they could get backers to go along with their money. Is there such a company? If not, why not? As a matter of first impression, it seems to me they are more interested in getting the guys to do what they want them to do. People love to have their way with the opposition. In fact, it may be uppermost in their minds to get others to do their bidding.
   59. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:49 AM (#5633792)

Yes, I can. If it was done in an interesting, tasteful, and artsy way.

We did have a (really good) best picture winner that controversially showed scenes where torture worked.
   60. Random Transaction Generator Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:50 AM (#5633793)
Getting some #metoo pushback this morning.

I don't think it's going to be an issue with Kobe.
After he bought his way out of a rape charge all those years ago and remains a beloved sports figure, I doubt some people posting stuff on Twitter rehashing the story is going to make any dent.
   61. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:50 AM (#5633794)
I assume Ray is touting Death Wish for next year's award.

Saw it last night. I wouldn't nominate it because I don't think it's great film-making -- more color by numbers -- but it was thoroughly entertaining.

Although given that the competition includes absolute crap like The King's Speech and The English Patient and Slumdog Millionaire and Little Miss Sunshine and Crash and Gangs of New York and As Good As It Gets, then yes, yes it should be nominated.
   62. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:52 AM (#5633795)
The creature is modeled on the one from the Black Lagoon, but the story turns the standard '50s-'60s monster movie inside out, politically and socially.

Well, so did ET with space aliens. And the Creature from tBL has his softer side--with, surprise, women.

Although a lot of monster movies were already incipiently inside-out as originals. What I remember of the original Black Lagoon is that the creature is primal and brutal, but the Scientists, who should know better, are somewhat worse than the creature, in their obsession with capturing/killing it. The Shape of Water heightens that theme, for sure.

And the Creature from tBL has his softer side--with, surprise, women.

It was a staple of those movies that someone--often a scientist--would be the pacificist ("so much we can learn from them, etc.") He usually was zapped by the alien or creature.
   63. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:54 AM (#5633796)
The problem with silly comparisons like that is that unlike MLK/Teddy Ballgame/Eleanor, none of those religious right wing charlatans has ever contributed a scintilla of good to anyone other than themselves.

That's what you say. Many people say otherwise--and speak with their money. And as Rev. Ike once said, the best thing I can do for the poor and downtrodden is not be of them.

You don't even neatly evade the point.
   64. Lassus Posted: March 05, 2018 at 11:58 AM (#5633799)
Now that he's found his mission and is moving to Hollywood, I wonder if the orchestra will start playing Ray off for his Best Picture speech when he begins with learning about the catcher's throwing lane while growing up on the farm.
   65. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:02 PM (#5633803)
You keep saying I grew up on a farm. Why? I did not.
   66. Lassus Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:03 PM (#5633804)
(I actually didn't watch last night, do they still have a live orchestra?)
   67. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:04 PM (#5633806)

I'm open to this idea. I like the artsy stuff, but I also love action flicks. I wanted Mad Max: Fury Road to win the best picture Oscar when it was up for it. What action movies have been undeservedly looked over?

Yes.
   68. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:07 PM (#5633808)
Would MLK, Jr., have in this day and age survived me too?

Hey, Jolly Old, you hold yourself out as expert in all things MLK,Jr--were young girls involved in his obsessive/compulsive sexual escapades. Could he be seen as a predator? Certain types nowadays would want to know.
   69. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:08 PM (#5633810)
Oddly enough, speaking of action films, politics, and art, we watched The Wages of Fear (1953) last weekend. Ray, if you don't know that one, you should get it. It's the trucks-full-of-nitro-glycerin movie, one that is echoed in basically every movie with a bomb that will go off with one wrong move. It is also a great artistic classic in terms of cinematography and editing, and a tremendous anti-capitalist "message" film. Something for everybody :)
   70. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:08 PM (#5633809)

Frances McDormand beating the drum for male and female equality!

Man 'is arrested for STEALING Frances McDormand's Best Actress Oscar' at the Governor's Ball as she celebrated her win, leaving the bereft star in tears

Frances has now been reunited with her coveted gong after it was stolen

60-year-old Frances won the gong for her role in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and is now safely reunited with it after the man was reportedly stopped

Frances had a wild night which included kissing Gal Gadot, eating fried chicken and crying after her award went missing

She capped an awards season of accolades with a rousing speech about diversity as she accepted an Oscar for best actress on Sunday night

Frances has called for more funding for female driven films in Hollywood

She asked her fellow women who were nominated in all categories to stand with her in solidarity

71. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:09 PM (#5633811)
The problem with silly comparisons like that is that unlike MLK/Teddy Ballgame/Eleanor, none of those religious right wing charlatans has ever contributed a scintilla of good to anyone other than themselves.

That's what you say. Many people say otherwise--and speak with their money. And as Rev. Ike once said, the best thing I can do for the poor and downtrodden is not be of them.

You don't even neatly evade the point.

But I'm not talking about the Reverend Ikes or other garden variety religious hucksters. I'm not talking about Billy Graham.

I'm specifically talking about the hate mongers** who use religion to both enrich themselves and demonize entire groups. People like that have absolutely nothing to do with MLK or Ted Williams or Eleanor Roosevelt, which is why your naming of them as a counterpoint is little more than trolling.

** The Falwells, the Robertsons, the Jeffresses, the Farrakhans, the Franklin Grahams, etc.
   72. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:11 PM (#5633812)

This age? The age where Donald Trump is president?
   73. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:12 PM (#5633814)

Hey, Jolly Old, you hold yourself out as expert in all things MLK,Jr--were young girls involved in his obsessive/compulsive sexual escapades. Could he be seen as a predator? Certain types nowadays would want to know.

I think King would manage to survive both #MeToo and Morty Causa, though I'm sure you'd be right on his case at every opportunity.
   74. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:13 PM (#5633815)
Frances McDormand beating the drum for male and female equality!

Since our Little Lord requires a safe space away from the crushing impact of my jibes, can someone ask him what his point is here?
   75. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:13 PM (#5633816)
Frances had a wild night which included ... eating fried chicken
   76. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:15 PM (#5633817)
Since our Little Lord requires a safe space away from the crushing impact of my jibes, can someone ask him what his point is here?

Women cry a lot > therefore women are inferior to men > therefore women should stop complaining about men running Hollywood. ?
   77. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:17 PM (#5633819)
I cried last year when I made a seafood paella and then forgot to put it in the fridge overnight.
   78. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:17 PM (#5633820)
Women cry a lot > therefore women are inferior to men > therefore women should stop complaining about men running Hollywood. ?

You're way too analytical. I was just making a joke.

(If I had wanted to make a substantive point it's not that women are inferior to men but that women and men are different and yet the left (I know I'm not supposed to say "the left") pretends the sexes genders are the same.)
   79. Morty Causa Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:18 PM (#5633821)
The Wages of Fear is great. I recently rewatched Diabolique. It's good, but it's kind of disappointing, I thought. I would have liked to have seen what Hitchcock would have done.

Now, Le Corbeau--that's my favorite of Clouzot's.
   80. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:20 PM (#5633822)

Well that's stupid. I've seen plenty of professional fighters cry after fights. And these were real, tough men, not pampered fancy lads with soft hands.
   81. PepTech, the Legendary Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:21 PM (#5633824)
Although given that the competition includes absolute crap like The King's Speech^ and The English Patient^ and Slumdog Millionaire^ and Little Miss Sunshine^ and Crash^ and Gangs of New York^ and As Good As It Gets^
^ None of which he actually saw. No need to experience things to be an expert in them, and smear those who have different tastes.
   82. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:23 PM (#5633825)

You keep saying I grew up on a farm. Why? I did not.

It's a friendly jibe based on your claiming to have been raised in the rural environment of inside the 495 beltway.
   83. You Know Nothing JT Snow (YR) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:25 PM (#5633826)
Although given that the competition includes absolute crap like The King's Speech^ and The English Patient^ and Slumdog Millionaire^ and Little Miss Sunshine^ and Crash^ and Gangs of New York^ and As Good As It Gets^

^ None of which he actually saw. No need to experience things to be an expert in them, and smear those who have different tastes.

I've seen "Little Miss Sunshine" (liked it) and "Gangs of New York" (oft-repeated here but it would have been a great movie absent the nonsensical love story shoehorned in). Pretty sure I saw "Crash" at some point but I have no real memory of it, which seems about right.

I thought "AI" should have been nominated for Best Picture in 2002 instead of overblown nerdery like "Fellowship of the Ring" or anachronistic dreck like "Moulin Rouge". Still annoyed about that.
   84. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:25 PM (#5633827)
I grew up in Massachusetts.
   85. BDC Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:27 PM (#5633828)
Le Corbeau--that's my favorite of Clouzot's

I have not seen that one, but it is high in our "queue" and we are looking forward to it.

86. PepTech, the Legendary Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:28 PM (#5633830)
(Yes)

Although one of the better throwaway bits was when Kimmel said they wouldn't be playing anyone off this year, they had a new mechanism for that. An actor from Get Out reprised his role (in character) from the movie by jumping out from behind the scenes and screaming "Get Out". Trust me; it was funny at the time.

Then they didn't do it to Gary Oldman, which would have been hilarious.
   87. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:30 PM (#5633831)

Right. Inside the 495 beltway, or so you said.
   88. DavidFoss Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:30 PM (#5633832)
(If I had wanted to make a substantive point it's not that women are inferior to men but that women and men are different and yet the left (I know I'm not supposed to say "the left") pretends the sexes genders are the same.)

I guess you're trolling but that's quite a leap.

Nothing worrisome ever happened in a sports celebration? They wear those swim goggles for nothing? The silly vertical jumping at home plate after a home run because they don't want to get hurt. Too fragile for a real celebration?

If the Lombardi Trophy went missing after the Super Bowl, people would be freaking out.
   89. The usual palaver and twaddle (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:32 PM (#5633833)

If the Lombardi Trophy went missing after the Super Bowl, people would be freaking out.

They did: remember "The Hardy Boys and the Search for Brady's Jersey" episode last year?
   90. Lassus Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:32 PM (#5633834)

On the Boston side of the 495, not in Miller's Falls or Becket.
   91. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:34 PM (#5633835)
The King's Speech and The English Patient and Slumdog Millionaire and Little Miss Sunshine and Crash and Gangs of New York and As Good As It Gets

The King's Speech. Liked it plenty, especially since my eldest in speech therapy at the time really liked it.
The English Patient. Everything terrible about the movies. Ugh.
Slumdog Millionaire. A flawed movie, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.
Little Miss Sunshine. A very good movie, very enjoyable.
Crash and Gangs of New York. Never saw either.
As Good As It Gets. A fine way to spend some time.

All in all six very different movies.
   92. Batman Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:35 PM (#5633837)
If Jeffcoat really wanted to cut down on the number of players who smoke pot, he would have had to stop recruiting college-aged kids. Which could be problematic in the job he was fired from.
   93. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:37 PM (#5633838)

Men and women are different, but in most situations should be treated the same. All people are not equal, but the law should treat them as such. Do you see the difference?

The fact that this distinction confuses some people it a bit alarming, but at this point I am used to it.
   94. PreservedFish Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:42 PM (#5633843)
I'd rather talk about movies than about Ray. What action movies have been undeservedly left behind at the Oscars? Does anyone have ran opinion on this?
   95. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:44 PM (#5633846)
The Trumpiest tweet ever:

Why did the Obama Administration start an investigation into the Trump Campaign (with zero proof of wrongdoing) long before the Election in November? Wanted to discredit so Crooked H would win. Unprecedented. Bigger than Watergate! Plus, Obama did NOTHING about Russian meddling.

He doesn't even wait until a further tweet to contradict himself. He does it all in one. He blames Obama for both investigating the Russian meddling merely to discredit him because the meddling doesn't exist, AND blames him for not doing anything about the meddling, presumably because it exists.
   96. Misirlou doesn't live in the restaurant Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:45 PM (#5633849)
What action movies have been undeservedly left behind at the Oscars? Does anyone have ran opinion on this?

Rogue One.
   97. Ray (CTL) Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:46 PM (#5633852)
I'd rather talk about movies than about Ray. What action movies have been undeservedly left behind at the Oscars? Does anyone have ran opinion on this?

The Accountant in 2016, for starters. I'll have to run through my lists.
   98. Greg K Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:48 PM (#5633853)
Let's see...

The King's Speech - part of an interesting move to glorify the royal family that's been taking off recently (at least some of the royal family). As a movie it kind of felt like it followed a familiar formula.

The English Patient - I remember being bored

Slumdog Millionaire - don't remember a great deal, but it was at least a mildly interesting format, and touched on some recent Indian history/culture that I don't think is well known outside of India.

Little Miss Sunshine - you could argue that it followed a familiar formula too. But it's at least a fun formula. Family of misfits all trying the best despite being flawed.

Crash - I think the most insulted I've ever been by a movie. It seemed to think I was 5 years old

Gangs of New York - as mentioned above, great fun when you get DiCaprio and Diaz off the screen

As Good as It Gets - I'm a sucker for James L. Brooks, so I love it. As a "mental health" movie it would be interesting to put it alongside Silver Linings Playbook, and see how perceptions have changed over 10-15 years.
   99. Omineca Greg Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:52 PM (#5633854)
I cried last year when I made a seafood paella and then forgot to put it in the fridge overnight.

Did it have saffron in it? That stuff doesn't come cheap. In fact, my eyes are welling up just thinking about the Iranian women, squatting in the hot sun of the maquis, the stink of crocus all around them...

That's when the #### gets real. With the crocus stink.

Poor little flowers, having their nads ripped out just to satisfy our appetites, shed a tear for a world such as that, the economy of despair and de-nadding, religious fervour and nuclear frenzies and the south facing slopes where the purple blossoms thrive and reach into the sky.

But if you didn't use saffron...I don't see what the big deal is. Clams, mussels, I don't think those little ####### even know What's Goin' On. I mean, have you heard their version?

Mollusc Mollusc
There's too many of you crying
Mussel Mussel Mussel
There's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Ya

Bivalve, Bivalve
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today

What's goin' on? What's goin' on?

C'mon, that sucked! And you should hear their version of Sexual Healing.

Baaaaybeeeee! I'm hot just like a steampot...

Never mind, you get the picture.
   100. Traderdave Posted: March 05, 2018 at 12:52 PM (#5633855)
Because in going to my one or two games a year, I can identify the people who spend far too many hours of their lives sitting at the ballpark. (Again, I say that sort of in an abstract way -- people would say I spend too many hours playing tennis, or walking, or listening to podcasts, or posting here. I don't think I'm exempt from the general issue. In fact this is what life is, to choose your interests.) They tend to be the ones in the gear of the home team. Tend to be overweight. A greater percentage of them under 50 have mustaches than the general pop in present day America. They have a few buddies around them. From their conversations they're there a lot. They tend to repeat mindless tropes from the Bill Maddens of the world. You listen and they don't actually know much about the thing they've dedicated their entire lives to and that they think they know everything about. As Joe Morgan once said about being able to tell when a pitchout is coming: Once you see one sign you see them all.

This from a guy with more than 50,000 posts.
Page 1 of 19 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Don Malcolm
for his generous support.