Out, Murray. Out.
DeWitt said the Cardinals’ front office is seeking to become “an outreach organization at the social media level” and soon would develop ways to be more proactive in sending news and information direct to bloggers and through social media. He indicated more information from the front office may be geared for retweeting on Twitter rather than first being sent directly for mainstream media use.
...Among the highlights:
– Mozeliak admitted it “has been a frustrating year from a baseball standpoint” for the Cardinals. He said the Cardinals knew there was a risk in counting on aging players such as pitcher Chris Carpenter, first baseman Lance Berkman and shortstop Rafael Furcal and that the breakdowns by those players because of injuries has been “an Achilles heel.”
With Berkman, for example, Mozeliak said, “Last year we rolled the dice and won the lottery. This year we lost all our money. That’s the cost of this game.”
...– DeWitt said the Cardinals, unlike the Astros, likely would have rejected $50 million to $60 million to move to the American League in 2013, partly because “I hate the designated hitter rule. My dad does, too.”
...– The Cardinals are experiencing “challenges internally” about which avenues to take in investing in international player development and the franchise “doesn’t have a concrete path going forward.”
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 04:45 AM | 4 comment(s)
Login to Bookmark