Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand
Monday, January 28, 2013
New Tango partner!
The Cubs are looking for a Director of Research & Development in their Baseball Operations. If you apply, make sure to say you “heard it from Tango”. Since we’re on the topic, I am now providing my consulting services exclusively to the Cubs.
This role will be responsible for developing and overseeing the research and analytics function within Baseball Operations, reporting to the Assistant GM.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis on large volumes of baseball-related data and implement predictive models to aid in decision-making.
- Develop and manage a talented staff (developers, analysts, and consultants) by identifying strong candidates, prioritizing work flows, supervising projects and providing productive feedback.
- Present high-level analysis in an effective and articulate manner through the use of written reports, charts, tables, graphics, and other tools that enhance the Department’s decision-making process.
- Develop and maintain proprietary projections model for future performance.
- Monitor, identify and recommend new or emerging techniques, technologies, models and algorithms applicable to internal processes.
- Analyze internal baseball processes in order to develop functional requirements (specifications) for outside vendors and application developers, including requirements, system impact, data flow diagrams, special considerations, etc.
- Identify technologies that offer potential value to the organization through meetings with vendors and providers.
- Oversee the departmental budget associated with R&D spending.
- Contribute to baseball decisions and proactively generate ideas for player acquisition and player usage.
- Other projects as directed the Baseball Operations leadership team.
Me do dat
You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.
: [OTP-June] Economic Times: Hope politics, sports don’t get mixed up: Manmohan Singh
(2122 - 8:36am, Jun 19)Last:
: Deford: Tick Tock: Make The Serve, Pitch, Putt Or Shot
(1 - 8:32am, Jun 19)
: Megdal: A Day For Mets Hope
(3 - 8:30am, Jun 19)
Last: formerly dpNewsblog
: Stan "The Fan" Charles: After Biogenesis, Should MLB Players Still Have The Right To Arbitration?
(29 - 8:13am, Jun 19)
Last: Bitter MouseNewsblog
: Dunson: Yasiel Puig Is Not An All-Star, Somebody Lied
(1 - 8:02am, Jun 19)
: ‘Old man’ Arroyo pitching better than ever
(4 - 7:58am, Jun 19)
Last: Harveys WallbangersNewsblog
: Steinberg: St. Louis baseball writer makes hilarious jokes about the Nats
(84 - 7:58am, Jun 19)
: Perry: Josh Hamilton and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night
(2 - 7:55am, Jun 19)
: Quiz: Do you know MLB rules? - SportsNation - ESPN
(26 - 7:47am, Jun 19)
: Murphy: Ruben Amaro Jr. doesn't "do" five-year plans, but the Phillies need a good one
(25 - 7:08am, Jun 19)
Last: Edmundo got dem ol' Kozma blues again mamaNewsblog
: OT: The Soccer Thread June, 2013
(597 - 6:52am, Jun 19)Last:
Shooty is in the Trust TreeNewsblog
: Primer Dugout (and link of the day) 6-19-2013
(1 - 6:23am, Jun 19)
Last: Matt Chico's Bail Bonds (Dan Lee)Newsblog
: Draft signings
(117 - 5:48am, Jun 19)Last:
Jack Carter, calling Beleaguered CastleNewsblog
: LATimes: Microsoft unveils new Xbox One console
(211 - 4:22am, Jun 19)Last:
: Schoenfield: Scherzer has turned into another Detroit ace
(20 - 4:13am, Jun 19)