Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand
Monday, January 28, 2013
New Tango partner!
The Cubs are looking for a Director of Research & Development in their Baseball Operations. If you apply, make sure to say you “heard it from Tango”. Since we’re on the topic, I am now providing my consulting services exclusively to the Cubs.
This role will be responsible for developing and overseeing the research and analytics function within Baseball Operations, reporting to the Assistant GM.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis on large volumes of baseball-related data and implement predictive models to aid in decision-making.
- Develop and manage a talented staff (developers, analysts, and consultants) by identifying strong candidates, prioritizing work flows, supervising projects and providing productive feedback.
- Present high-level analysis in an effective and articulate manner through the use of written reports, charts, tables, graphics, and other tools that enhance the Department’s decision-making process.
- Develop and maintain proprietary projections model for future performance.
- Monitor, identify and recommend new or emerging techniques, technologies, models and algorithms applicable to internal processes.
- Analyze internal baseball processes in order to develop functional requirements (specifications) for outside vendors and application developers, including requirements, system impact, data flow diagrams, special considerations, etc.
- Identify technologies that offer potential value to the organization through meetings with vendors and providers.
- Oversee the departmental budget associated with R&D spending.
- Contribute to baseball decisions and proactively generate ideas for player acquisition and player usage.
- Other projects as directed the Baseball Operations leadership team.
Me do dat
for his generous support.
You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.
: Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired
(2 - 8:00am, May 23)
: Verducci: Offensive decline leads list of 10 early-season trends to watch
(34 - 7:51am, May 23)
: [OTP-May] Politico: Congressional baseball game, May 1, 1926
(4092 - 7:40am, May 23)Last:
: BBTF SOFTBALL GAME IN NEW YORK--AUG 17
(316 - 7:39am, May 23)Last:
: FanGraphs: Sullivan: Vance Worley and Losing the Magic
(1 - 7:24am, May 23)
Last: Walt DavisNewsblog
: OT: The Soccer Thread, May 2013
(1072 - 6:58am, May 23)Last:
Shooty is in the Trust TreeNewsblog
: Daugherty: Brandon Phillips has been Reds' MVP so far
(3 - 6:32am, May 23)
: Chase Utley 'scared' by injury, could be headed to DL
(8 - 6:31am, May 23)
: Primer Dugout (and link of the day) 5-23-2013
(1 - 6:27am, May 23)
Last: Neutral Milk Dotel (Dan Lee)Newsblog
: OT: NBA Monthly Thread - May 2013
(1188 - 6:20am, May 23)Last:
: Mitchell: Pedroia, Cano and Magical Thinking
(14 - 3:23am, May 23)
Last: Cooper NielsonNewsblog
: Jose Canseco to join Ft. Worth Cats as player/coach... or maybe not.
(3 - 3:13am, May 23)
Last: Jim Wisinski Newsblog
: ESPN: Forging bond with Pete Rose has helped fuel Joey Votto's desire to be great
(37 - 1:22am, May 23)
Last: Sunday silenceNewsblog
: OMNICHATTER for MAY 22, 2013
(171 - 12:50am, May 23)Last:
: Seamheads.com Adds 1928 Negro Leagues Data
(3 - 12:41am, May 23)