Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

There are lies, damn lies, and OMNICHATTER! for April 25, 2018.

Scoreboards for the Major Leagues and all minor leagues,
courtesy of Jefferson Manship (Dan Lee).

Los Angeles El Hombre of Anaheim Posted: April 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM | 109 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: omnichatter

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. perros Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:22 PM (#5660629)
Didi's OPS crossed the 1.300 barrier tonight. 1.303.

To infinity... And beyond!
   102. cardsfanboy Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:35 PM (#5660639)
Guy I'm debating on facebook just told me that he knows a guy who is internally involved with the Cardinals, and that the stats we talk about around here aren't discussed at all, and that Matheny is the worst manager in the history of the game. (roughly paraphrasing his insane ####### rant)

He keeps getting pissed at me, because I make fun of Whiney Herzog and he is making the claim "Bottom line....this club is a failure as far as normal standards are concerned....and you can't argue against that" Talking about the Cardinals over the past three seasons..... (and the fact that the Cardinals strikeout more under Matheny, score fewer runs and walked less is indicative of a failure----mind you, only one of those statements is actually true)

edit: well depending on your definition, it's possible to argue that runs scored is fewer I guess, just not relative to league or if you ignore the last two seasons and instead focus on 2014-2015
   103. BDC Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:40 PM (#5660646)
Rangers execute a nice 8-5 double play in the eighth - the runner on second probably shouldn’t have tagged on the fly ball, but you still have to make the play cleanly, and they did.
   104. Sleepy's not going to blame himself Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:41 PM (#5660647)
Cardinal fans are having a conniption fit, because Matheny is a horrible manager and never should have allowed Weaver to face Cespedes.....
Well, at a minimum you have to do a mound visit. The kid was nearly in ankiel territory; his first 4 pitches to Cespedes missed by something like a foot each, and although Cespedes swung at one, it wasn't a good pitch. He looked to the dugout several times and finally gave up.

Coupled with the rough start, he should have been on a very short leash. With a guy on first they could have made time foe Leone to warm up.
   105. BDC Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:42 PM (#5660649)
the stats we talk about around here aren't discussed at all

What, like batting average? :)
   106. The Yankee Clapper Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:45 PM (#5660654)
Guy I'm debating on facebook . . .

Do Facebook fight recaps really meet the high threshold for Omnichatter content?
   107. cardsfanboy Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:46 PM (#5660659)
What, like batting average? :)

I have no clue what he meant there... he basically said that his expert insider friend laughs at the stuff we talk about on here. Then he went in a rant how the Cardinals are horrible because they strike out too much. And I'm thinking...you have a stat insider friend for the Cardinals who thinks strikeouts is anything other than a byproduct of an at bat philosophy that produces runs (or more accurately extra base hits, hard hit balls and walks.) and he isn't looking over his back wondering if he'll be let go soon? (he also tried to pull the argument that if you didn't play past 8th grade, you have no right to talk about baseball.... and since I played until 11th grade I corrected him on that and then he conveniently forgot that frame of thought)
   108. cardsfanboy Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:46 PM (#5660660)
Do Facebook fight recaps really meet the high threshold for Omnichatter content?

Obviously I think so...
But you could bring other discussion in on the game you are watching to move omnichatter along.
   109. cardsfanboy Posted: April 25, 2018 at 10:52 PM (#5660664)
Well, at a minimum you have to do a mound visit.

You mean like they did after the first walk? (although I'm looking at gameday for that, not sure if it was a Molina visit or a manager visit.... in the past that information was obvious since a Molina visit wouldn't be listed, but not sure if that is still the case)
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Eugene Freedman
for his generous support.