Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Transaction Oracle > Discussion
Transaction Oracle
— A Timely Look at Transactions as They Happen

Friday, April 04, 2008

2008 ZiPS Projections - In-Season Projection Tool

2008 ZiPS In-Season Projection Tool

Just a little tool I give out every year to make estimated recalculations of projections for the rest of the season.  As usual with my spreadsheets, green cells are ones you put stuff into.  Someone more clever than I might be able to figure out how to data-mine a few of those cells automatically.  Remember, it’s really early in a season, so I probably wouldn’t use this too much, especially for starting pitchers, for another couple of weeks.

Dan Szymborski Posted: April 04, 2008 at 04:19 PM | 9 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Related News:

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. bteribery Posted: April 04, 2008 at 06:35 PM (#2730631)
Dan just curious are you going to have a second build of the ZIPS for DMB? And thanks for this tool as well.
   2. The Marksist Posted: April 04, 2008 at 06:38 PM (#2730632)
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/szymborski/ZiPS2008Final.xls
   3. bteribery Posted: April 04, 2008 at 06:58 PM (#2730654)
Thanks for that Marksist but I was referring to an .exe build of the data itself to be used with the DMB engine.
   4. Dan Szymborski Posted: April 05, 2008 at 04:18 PM (#2731572)
Thanks for that Marksist but I was referring to an .exe build of the data itself to be used with the DMB engine.

I'm in the habit of doing an early build and (when I have time) a later, April build, at different times than the DMB official releases, simply because Tippett isn't getting rich off of this and I hate to present something with the potential to divert at least a small part of his income. With the Simnasium takeover, I'm less inclined to worry about that in the future, unless, the owner, say, Bob W. Simnasium Jr. starts providing lots of free research and interesting SABR presentations.
   5. HowardMegdal Posted: April 05, 2008 at 04:28 PM (#2731578)
With the Simnasium takeover, I'm less inclined to worry about that in the future, unless, the owner, say, Bob W. Simnasium Jr. starts providing lots of free research and interesting SABR presentations.

So is that a yes to an April update? I have a large number of deadlines I'd like to procrastinate.
   6. bteribery Posted: April 07, 2008 at 03:10 PM (#2733318)
Thanks very much Dan for all your hard work. And I completely understand what you mean with Simnasium. I was just curious is all. Thanks again. Bob
   7. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: April 22, 2008 at 11:59 PM (#2754947)
I'm getting some errors when projecting hitters on the Dodgers, but I don't know enough about Excel to figure out what the problem is. Do you know?
   8. Dan Szymborski Posted: April 23, 2008 at 12:07 AM (#2754960)
Vlad, on the projections spreadsheet, dodgers players have the abbreviation "LAD" but it needs to be "LA" on the other part.
   9. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: April 23, 2008 at 11:31 AM (#2755490)
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks, Dan.

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Jim Wisinski
for his generous support.