Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Sox Therapy > Discussion
Sox Therapy
— Where Thinking Red Sox Fans Obsess about the Sox

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

6,036 Days

As far as I can tell, this blog was started on March 11, 2002. Today is day 6,036 in our long quest to take over the site, the baseball community, the internet, and the universe.

We’ve made some progress, but we still have a ways to go.

The thread title links to the site archives from the Wayback Machine, pulled from June 2003 but with articles stretching back to March 2002, in the old Baseball Primer days. The first post in the archives was by Sean Forman, wishing good fortune for Boston’s new manager, Grady Little.

The first few threads include comments from still-very-much-active posters such as Darren, Toby, dave h (who was into capitalization back then), Harold (who was posting under a different name at the time), and Dan Werr, plus Tangotiger, Don Malcolm, Greg Franklin, Joel W, Olperfesser, and Repoz. I don’t appear until August, which means there’s a solid 5 months of quality commenting before it all went downhill. It was in the pre-registration days when anyone could post with any pseudonym, which is how we ended up with a thread evolving into a psychology discussion featuring a post from Cy Jung.

I could blow a few weeks going through the archives. The thread where Theo Epstein was made GM includes some mild criticism of John Henry from his Marlins days for having drafted Josh Beckett and some Adrian Gonzalez guy. Boy, did we know how to call ‘em!

Anyway… In the prior thread I was reminiscing about the many Therapudlians who have come and gone. A lot has changed since this blog was started, but there’s been one constant: obsession about the Red Sox. I’m hoping everyone, past and present, turns out for the playoffs this year and continues the obsession together. All hands on deck!

villageidiom Posted: September 18, 2018 at 02:46 PM | 0 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Related News:

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Harveys Wallbangers
for his generous support.