Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Sox Therapy > Discussion
Sox Therapy
— Where Thinking Red Sox Fans Obsess about the Sox

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: January 17, 2012 at 07:41 PM (#4038980)
Heh, that's a pretty good typo on my part. Delay should be dealt.

Snapper, I read the piece you quoted as saying that until January 1 Crawford felt the way he always felt so there was no concern on his part. I can see where you are coming from though and as I noted, it's difficult to give the sox medical staff the benefit of the doubt.
   102. Jose Is The Most Absurd Thing on the Site Posted: January 17, 2012 at 07:43 PM (#4038982)
Heh, that's a pretty good typo on my part. Delay should be dealt.

Snapper, I read the piece you quoted as saying that until January 1 Crawford felt the way he always felt so there was no concern on his part. I can see where you are coming from though and as I noted, it's difficult to give the sox medical staff the benefit of the doubt.
   103. Textbook Editor Posted: January 17, 2012 at 09:06 PM (#4039010)
Raul Ibanez is out there, unsigned. Offer him a 1/$2 million contract and enjoy his comic stylings in LF for a month or so while Crawford heals. Platoon him with Aviles out there so he never faces LHP. Problem solved.

[/sarcasm]
   104. Darren Posted: January 17, 2012 at 09:36 PM (#4039025)
I'm reading it about how Jose did. His wrist felt normal (hurting on and off) until Jan 1. Then he noticed that it was off, reported it, and they checked it out right away.

One potential concern, even if Jose and I are right, is that the Sox signed a guy who has a recurring wrist problem (which always heal quickly and well) to a 7 year/$140 mil deal. This was a year after passing on Matt Holliday at a much cheaper price.
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Los Angeles El Hombre de Anaheim
for his generous support.