Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Sox Therapy > Discussion
Sox Therapy
— Where Thinking Red Sox Fans Obsess about the Sox

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Darren Posted: November 08, 2006 at 05:05 AM (#2233314)
To clarify Foulke's contract, the $1.5 mil buyout goes to Foulke whether he picks up his own option or not. He gets it simply because the Sox declined his option. In the end, the Sox got very little protection by being able to turn down that $7.5 mil. option.

That's a pretty stupid way for the contract to work, but that's apparently how it worked.
   102. Jorge Luis Bourjos (Walewander) Posted: November 08, 2006 at 05:44 AM (#2233321)
I seriously think Lilly would help Boston. Are the Sox interested?
   103. 1k5v3L Posted: November 08, 2006 at 05:46 AM (#2233323)
Wow, I didn't realize Foulke had been so injured and crappy the last couple of years. Thank God that Theo struck gold with David Ortiz, because his other big name free agent signings (Foulke, Varitek, Renteria, Clement, Wells, to name some) have been terrible.
   104. Biff, highly-regarded young guy Posted: November 08, 2006 at 07:16 AM (#2233336)
I seriously think Lilly would help Boston. Are the Sox interested?

They should sign Lilly just so he can't pitch against them...
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
cardsfanboy
for his generous support.