Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Sox Therapy > Discussion
Sox Therapy
— Where Thinking Red Sox Fans Obsess about the Sox

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. puck Posted: August 31, 2009 at 03:15 AM (#3309456)
Smoltz faced the Padres and the Nationals. Please.

The Nationals' offense isn't their problem; their OPS+ is higher than league average.
   102. Darren Posted: September 01, 2009 at 01:50 AM (#3310372)
Too bad the Red Sox didn't make a run at Pettitte. He'd look awfully good for 1/15 guaranteed.
   103. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: September 21, 2009 at 03:37 AM (#3327507)
This seems like as good a place as any to continue a discussion that started in another thread: How do the Sox arrange their rotation for the playoffs? The default assumption I saw in the other thread was Beckett-Lester-Buchholz-Prayforrain-Beckett. I'd argue that it would be wiser to try to get Lester the starts in games 1 & 5, based on perhipherals, recent performance, and my gut feeling that Jon Lester rules and Josh Beckett drools. Thoughts?
   104. Hugh Jorgan Posted: September 21, 2009 at 04:15 AM (#3327550)
Voxter, outside of you trying to be the last poster on all the threads in the sidebar, I'll answer this question.
The Sox will go Lester-Beckett-Buccholz...and ta-da, the Dice-K revival tour on night #4!
   105. Infinite Joost (Voxter) Posted: September 21, 2009 at 04:21 AM (#3327559)
I'm not trying to be the last poster on all the threads. What I'm trying to do is avoid my homework. The other thing is just a symptom of that.
   106. Joel W Posted: September 21, 2009 at 03:28 PM (#3327797)
Yeah, I think now they have to trust Dice a little. He's shown that he's got something in these two starts, and he's had something before. They can even just ask him to go for 5 innings given the quality of our pen. I'd prefer Lester in game 1, but the difference between Lester and Beckett isn't enough for me to care all that much.
   107. Jolly Old St. Nick Is A Jolly Old St. Crip Posted: September 21, 2009 at 03:48 PM (#3327826)
Take this as a troll or a mosh if you will---can't blame you if you do---but IMO I can't see the Red Sox as much less than a postseason lock at this point, whether or not they win the East and get HFA.

Lester. Beckett. Buchholz. Dice-K. Fine tune the order if you want.

Who's going to match that after game 1?

Okay, maybe Burnett and Pettitte might. But those Sox starters are still looking a lot better than anyone else's starters at this point.
   108. toratoratora Posted: September 21, 2009 at 03:55 PM (#3327834)
That Bard, Saito, Wagner, Papelbon finish isn't so shabby either
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Sebastian
for his generous support.