Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Sox Therapy > Discussion
Sox Therapy
— Where Thinking Red Sox Fans Obsess about the Sox

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Pingu Posted: December 04, 2010 at 03:58 PM (#3702354)
If it gets done, the Adrian deal fits the Red Sox salary structure so perfectly. His 2011 salary + JD or Papi off the books = his 2012 salary. It betters Beltre's 2011 production while freeing up money for the 2011 team to legitimately fix the bullpen and acquire one of Werth / Crawford. It lets them afford to have Cameron as a 4th OF, or trade him and eat some salary. It works. Now I just want to see if the home/road splits are real indicators.
   102. Matt Clement of Alexandria Posted: December 04, 2010 at 04:07 PM (#3702362)
DM - on the fanboy projection H/R split front, did you see that post of Gonzalez's hit chart superimposed onto Fenway? Here it is: SoSH post by "SoxScout" with hit chart graphic.

Gonzalez has big-time opposite field power, and I count eleven flyball outs that would have been at least on the monster, most of them likely over it.
   103. Pingu Posted: December 04, 2010 at 04:15 PM (#3702368)
Well allow me to get a little bit excited. See ya Beltre, I truly enjoyed you while you were here, but am no longer sad to see you go.

Thats a pretty even spray chart when it comes to big flys. No wonder Theo had a hard on for so long.
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
BDC
for his generous support.