Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Gonfalon Cubs > Discussion
Gonfalon Cubs
— Cubs Baseball for Thinking Fans

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. Dash Carlyle Posted: May 03, 2006 at 02:26 AM (#2001661)
Did anyone see this?

Baker said Zambrano could have been affected by pitching for Venezuela in the World Baseball Classic because "possibly he had to turn it on a little sooner than he wanted to turn it on." Baker also theorized Zambrano was going through a "dead arm" period, as happens to pitchers in spring training.

Huh. I wonder if it was the 72 pitches he threw on March 7th or the 56 pitches he threw six days later that gave Zambrano a "dead arm." Because those are the only two appearances he made in the tournament.

One thing we can be sure of, this current bout of "dead arm" is not the result of a) spending too much time on the computer or b) taking too much BP. Dusty nipped that in the bud last year, when Zambrano mysteriously contracted a case of "tennis elbow."

Yes, he must have hurt himself during the WBC. I mean, how else would a young pitcher hurt his arm? Wait... something's coming to me... no, I lost it. Can't remember what I was going to say.

Yes, it must have been the WBC. Good sleuthing, Dusty.
   2. John Lowenstein Apathy Club Posted: May 03, 2006 at 02:35 AM (#2001672)
The Cubs need to get Jacque Jones's bat in the lineup against lefties... his lifetime .227/.280/.338 versus LHP should go a long way to improving those numbers. I knew there was a reason they went out and signed him!
   3. Fred Garvin is dead to Mug Posted: May 03, 2006 at 02:19 PM (#2001859)
Let me present this column without comment, but with my full endorsement.

It should be a separate link.
   4. Anabolix Posted: May 04, 2006 at 07:23 AM (#2003507)
That column is pretty funny. I might just fire off an application for that opening as a LH, BP tossing bum.
   5. Mike Emeigh Posted: May 04, 2006 at 04:37 PM (#2003769)
Kerry Wood will be making a rehab start for Peoria on Sunday.

-- MWE

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
1k5v3L
for his generous support.