Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Friday, April 15, 2022

2022 NBA Playoffs thread

I estimate the NBA thread only had 10-12 years of content so we’re in reruns already.

Moses Taylor loves a good maim Posted: April 15, 2022 at 11:59 AM | 4354 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: narratives, nba, off-topic, playoffs

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 29 of 44 pages ‹ First  < 27 28 29 30 31 >  Last ›
   2801. rr would lock Shaq's a$$ up Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:04 PM (#6082529)
flip
   2802. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:07 PM (#6082530)
oh, i made my pick (see the bolded stuff in 2796)
-------------------------------------
1. Oklahoma City (Harlond) (trade) -- Jabari Smith Jr
2. Portland (mike f) (trade) -- Paolo Banchero
3. San Antonio (GregF)(trade) - Chet Holmgren
4. Sacramento (Votto) - Benedict Mathurin
5. Detroit (Cross-Eyed) - Shaedon Sharpe
6. Indiana (Mellow Mouse) -- Jaden Ivey
7. Orlando (Athletic Supporter) (trade) -- Dyson Daniels
8. Indiana (Mellow Mouse) (trade) -- Keegan Murray
9. Houston (Oriole Tragic)(trade) -- Jeremy Sochan
10. Washington (HW American) -- Tyrone 'TyTy' Washington, Jr.
11. New York (. . . . . .) -- Jalen Duren (then traded to San Antonio)
12. Chicago (Dandy)(trade) -- Tari Eason
13. Charlotte (JJ1986) -- AJ Griffin
14. Indiana (Mellow Mouse) (trade) -- Nikola Jovic
15. Houston (Oriole Tragic) (trade) -- Malaki Branham
16. Atlanta (Der-K) -- Ousmane Dieng
17. Houston (Oriole Tragic)
18. Oklahoma City (Harlond)(trade)
19. Minnesota (TFTIO)
20. Houston (Oriole Tragic) (trade)
21. Denver (asinwreck)
22. Memphis
23. Philadelphia (57i66135.)
24. Milwaukee (Ken Griffey)
25. New York (. . . . .) (trade)
26. Charlotte (JJ1986) (trade)
27. Miami (aberg)
28. Golden State (DCA)
29. Memphis
30. Denver (asinwreck)

31. Indiana (Mellow Mouse)
32. Orlando (Athletic Supporter)
33. Toronto (Baseball Obscura)
34. Oklahoma City (Harlond)
35. Orlando (Athletic Supporter)
36. Portland (mike f)
37. Sacramento (Votto)
38. Houston (Oriole Tragic) (trade)
39. Cleveland (DCA)
40. Minnesota (TFTIO)
41. New Orleans (tshipman)
42. San Antonio (GregF)
43. LA Clippers
44. Atlanta (Der-K)
45. Charlotte (JJ1986)
46. Detroit (Cross-Eyed)
47. Memphis
48. Minnesota (TFTIO)
49. Sacramento (Votto)
50. Minnesota (TFTIO)
51. Golden State (DCA)
52. New Orleans (tshipman)
53. Boston (winter's night)
54. Milwaukee (forfeited over Bogdan Bogdanovich)
55. Miami (forfeited over Kyle Lowry)
56. Washington (HW American)
57. Golden State (DCA)
58. Cleveland (DCA)
59. Portland (mike f)
60. Indiana (Mellow Mouse)

TRADES
1. Hawks/Der-K trade Jalen Johnson & Skylar Mays to the Thunder/harlond for Muscala, Williams, the Hornets' 2024 2nd round pick, and the Hawks' 2025 2nd round pick.
2. Pacers/Mellow Mouse trade Myles Turner to Pelicans/tshipman for 2022 #8, Jaxson Hayes, and Jonas Valancuinas.
3. Magic/Athletic Supporter trade the 2022 #1 pick to Thunder/harlond for the 2022 #2 pick and the Wizards' 2023 1st round pick (various protections)
4. Magic/Athletic Supporter trade the 2022 #2 pick to Portland/mike f for the 2022 #7 pick, the Bucks' 2025 1st round pick (protected 1-4), and Nassir Little
5. HOU trades #3 to SA for #9, #20, #38
6. Hornets/JJ1986 trade PJ Washington to Bulls/Dandy for Blazers' 2023 1st round pick (lottery protected in 2023 & thereafter)
7. SA/GregF trades McDermott, Langford, #25 to NY/. . . . . for Randle, #11 (Duren), #42
8. Cleveland/DCA trades Sexton (sign and trade: 4/70+), #14, CLE's 2026 1st (has some protections) to Indiana/MM for Malcolm Brogdon.
   2803. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:07 PM (#6082531)
Harlond. You are missing completed trade:

To Indy/mouse: sexton (signed for 4/$70m+), pick 14, 2026 r1
To Cleveland/DCA: Brogdon.
   2804. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:17 PM (#6082534)
Btw, I had to look up who Bennedict Mathurin was (two ns in the first name as an aside), and I was mildly surprised that Jabari went #1 overall.
   2805. rr would lock Shaq's a$$ up Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:19 PM (#6082536)
It seems totally inevitable in hindsight, but I don't think it is at all -- super groups have a surprisingly high failure rate imo (KD/Kyrie/Harden, Kobe/Nash/Dwight, Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton).

Not even close.

In 2004, Malone was 40, Payton was 35, and Shaq was 32. In 2012, Nash was 38 and would soon be broken, Howard was already having back trouble, and Kobe was 34. Durant and Harden are ofc both into their 30s. In 2017, Durant was in his prime, joining a team that had just gone 73-9, had already won a title, and had Curry, Thompson and Green in their primes. It was discussed at length here of course, and someone said that Durant signing with Golden State was sort of like if Charles Barkley had signed with the 1996 or 1992 Bulls.

That said, I am in leadership myself in my own small way in my professional life, and two among many things I have learned: the team is more important than the leaders, but the leaders set the tone, and those are usually the star and the coach. I never hear Kerr knocking a player or an opponent; I never hear him taking credit for himself. Curry is a little edgier, but it is clear that his teammates like him, and he clearly has an awesome work ethic without the oppressive intensity/self-centeredness of some other Top 20 guys.
   2806. Hombre Brotani Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:19 PM (#6082537)
All I know is Steph has won titles before KD, with KD and after KD.
This is where I'm at. Can you build a title winner around KD without Steph? Sure, except that hasn't happened yet. "Can you build a title winner around Steph Curry" isn't an abstract intellectual exercise, because it's happened over and over (and over and over). Curry's on-court gravity is unique, even among the all-time greats. At the risk if descending into a "count the ringzzzz" argument, but he's made all the "what-ifs" reality, and that should elevate him over Durant and other great contemporaries.
   2807. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:26 PM (#6082540)
and I was mildly surprised that Jabari went #1 overall.

Who do you have at 1? For what it's worth, betting markets have #1 as essentially a two person race (Smith favored over Holmgren) and Smith is only working out (irl) for Orlando and OKC. Holmgren's camp says they like OKC and Banchero's is making pro-Houston noises, to give you an idea of where their heads are at.
4 is more up in the air (not that the above means that that's what teams are planning to do!) but Ivey and Mathurin are maybe the two leading contenders?

I have Curry over Durant and leaned that way when they were on the same team. No shade on Durant there!
   2808. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:31 PM (#6082543)
Can you build a title winner around KD without Steph? Sure, except that hasn't happened yet.

But it's been close enough to happening twice that it's obviously possible. 2012 the Thunder with Durant made the finals and lost to the Heatles, with all but one of the games close. Three more times they made the conference finals, including once where they went up 3-1 against GSW.
   2809. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:33 PM (#6082544)
Who do you have at 1? For what it's worth, betting markets have #1 as essentially a two person race (Smith favored over Holmgren) and Smith is only working out (irl) for Orlando and OKC. Holmgren's camp says they like OKC and Banchero's is making pro-Houston noises, to give you an idea of where their heads are at.
4 is more up in the air (not that the above means that that's what teams are planning to do!) but Ivey and Mathurin are maybe the two leading contenders?

I have Curry over Durant and leaned that way when they were on the same team. No shade on Durant there!

I have Banchero as #1. I didn't realize the workout stuff. I have heard that Holmgren is only releasing medicals to some teams.

Smith is a reasonable pick at #1 overall ... I feel like the bad 2p% is a pretty strong bust indicator, so I would not go there, but would look at him in the top 5 certainly. This year is a weird year. I feel like the top 3 from last year would all be a comfortable #1 over this year's class.
   2810. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:45 PM (#6082546)
Definitely agree that this year lacks a "top guy".
On Banchero (who, tbh, I've been lower on than the consensus since he was a prep) - he sported iffy efficiency throughout the year and looks to be a subpar defender. (Pelton's tool has him 11th accordingly and #35 in his stats only version). I think he's definitely "better" than his stats suggest (particularly as a passer) but, outside of in the tournament, he never looked as good as his rep to me while at Duke. In particular, he seems like a guy who has lots of skills but needs to either think a lot quicker on the court or to just shut down his brain and trust his instincts. I saw him think about his next move by which point it was too late or he'd commit to a strategy and not have a plan B more times than I'd like.
Now, he was a freshman - he can improve this. But it was an ... orange? flag for me.

One more thought - another Duke one-and-done forward who I had sort of similar, sort of different issues with like this was Tatum. (Tatum turned out alright!) Now Tatum looked like he'd be a pretty to very good defender (and was a three) but I worried about his efficiency on O. Banchero looks to me like a better scorer inside (though maybe a less versatile one overall) but I worry about his efficiency AND whether he can be better than average defensively.
   2811. Oriole Tragic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:52 PM (#6082550)
HOU selects EJ Liddell @ #17

Harlond is on the clock.

17. Houston (Oriole Tragic) -- EJ Liddell
19. Minnesota (TFTIO)
21. Denver (asinwreck)
22. Memphis
27. Miami (aberg)
28. Golden State (DCA)
29. Memphis
30. Denver (asinwreck)

36. Portland (mike f)
37. Sacramento (Votto)
39. Cleveland (DCA)
40. Minnesota (TFTIO)
42. San Antonio (GregF)
43. LA Clippers
44. Atlanta (Der-K)
45. Charlotte (JJ1986)
46. Detroit (Cross-Eyed)
47. Memphis
48. Minnesota (TFTIO)
49. Sacramento (Votto)
50. Minnesota (TFTIO)
51. Golden State (DCA)
57. Golden State (DCA)
58. Cleveland (DCA)
59. Portland (mike f)

TRADES
1. Hawks/Der-K trade Jalen Johnson & Skylar Mays to the Thunder/harlond for Muscala, Williams, the Hornets' 2024 2nd round pick, and the Hawks' 2025 2nd round pick.
2. Pacers/Mellow Mouse trade Myles Turner to Pelicans/tshipman for 2022 #8, Jaxson Hayes, and Jonas Valancuinas.
3. Magic/Athletic Supporter trade the 2022 #1 pick to Thunder/harlond for the 2022 #2 pick and the Wizards' 2023 1st round pick (various protections)
4. Magic/Athletic Supporter trade the 2022 #2 pick to Portland/mike f for the 2022 #7 pick, the Bucks' 2025 1st round pick (protected 1-4), and Nassir Little
6. Hornets/JJ1986 trade PJ Washington to Bulls/Dandy for Blazers' 2023 1st round pick (lottery protected in 2023 & thereafter)
7. SA/GregF trades McDermott, Langford, #25 to NY/. . . . . for Randle, #11 (Duren), #42
8. Cleveland/DCA trades Sexton (sign and trade: 4/70+), #14, CLE's 2026 1st (has some protections) to Indiana/MM for Malcolm Brogdon.
9. HOU trades #26 and 2023 FRP (MIL) to CHA for #15.
   2812. 57i66135 is a hard word for me. Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:53 PM (#6082551)
this is good ####:

Payton received three mid-major scholarship offers out of high school, though academic troubles meant he had to attend community college for two years. Stellar play at Salt Lake Community College earned him a shot at his father’s alma mater, Oregon State, where he flourished but went undrafted. No matter, he earned a Summer League invite from the Rockets, which kicked off a half-decade odyssey. Days before the start of the 2015-16 season, Payton was the final player cut from the Rockets roster, who used their 15th roster spot on Bobby Brown. One year of G-League ball and a six-game cameo for the Bucks later, he was once again the preseason final cut, as the Bucks chose Gerald Green over Payton. He earned another two-way deal, was again cut by the Bucks, then played well enough in the minors to earn another brief stint in the NBA, this time with the Lakers. This pattern played out several more times: Portland gave their last roster spot to Nik Stauskas instead of Payton days before the 2018-19 season started; Payton played well enough in the G-League to earn another 10-day contract, this time with the Wizards; he repeated this feat and finally earned a real contract with the Wizards in 2019, but was back in the G-League shortly afterwards; after repeating this dance one last time, he earned a handful of 10-day deals with the Warriors in 2021, which he parlayed into a training camp invite. This time, however, he won his preseason battle, beating out Avery Bradley, Mychal Mulder, and Jordan Bell for the Warriors’ 15th roster spot. Payton was injured in the preseason and only played one game, so he was in the process of applying for a job as a video coordinator on the Warriors’ staff when he earned the final roster spot. He had lived six seasons in G-League limbo, playing just 71 NBA games, and he seemed ready to accept something less tumultuous. After all, his path to the Warriors was one basketball court long.

2813. spivey Posted: June 17, 2022 at 04:55 PM (#6082552)
Durant could not miss in the playoffs that first year and in the Finals the 2nd year. His TS% was .660 in the playoffs in the achilles year too. Curry's gravity is a lot of that, but just making shots in a small sample is a lot of that too. I think you can make a pretty reasonable argument that Durant deserved the 2 Finals MVPs while still saying Curry had a bigger impact on winning in the overall 3 season run they had together. I think that's where I'm at.

Even as good as Wiggins was this year... is he a top 40 guy in the NBA? I think Curry's ability to win with a deep but pretty up-and-down roster this year, and also win at all-time levels the 2 years before Durant went to GS, is very impressive.
   2814. Hombre Brotani Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:00 PM (#6082553)
Even as good as Wiggins was this year... is he a top 40 guy in the NBA?
The Dunc'd On podcast guys last night called him the best 3-D guy in the league.
   2815. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:09 PM (#6082557)
Duncan suffers from pro-Warriors bias, imo. Not sure if that's based in proximity (he lives in that area) or his tendency toward hyperbole. (That said, the Warriors are obviously very good and Wiggins has made a remarkable turnaround.)
   2816. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:14 PM (#6082558)
Duncan suffers from pro-Warriors bias, imo. Not sure if that's based in proximity (he lives in that area) or his tendency toward hyperbole. (That said, the Warriors are obviously very good and Wiggins has made a remarkable turnaround.)

I think amusingly, he is aware of that, and tries to do stuff to insulate himself from that perception by doing stuff like picking against the Warriors at the start of series.
   2817. sardonic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:18 PM (#6082559)
Context is everything. I think Wiggins is apex Harrison Barnes and comparable or maybe even better than late prime Andre Iguodala. He's an okay second banana. He's not better than Jaylen Brown or Khris Middleton in terms of other contending second banana wings. He's not better than pre-injury Klay. Comparing against non-wing second bananas, I don't think he's better than Bam or CP3/Booker or JJJ. He's probably better than Jalen Brunson.

Is he better than Phoenix M Bridges? I'm not sure. Is Phoenix M Bridges a top 40 NBA player?
   2818. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:25 PM (#6082561)
On Banchero (who, tbh, I've been lower on than the consensus since he was a prep) - he sported iffy efficiency throughout the year and looks to be a subpar defender. (Pelton's tool has him 11th accordingly and #35 in his stats only version). I think he's definitely "better" than his stats suggest (particularly as a passer) but, outside of in the tournament, he never looked as good as his rep to me while at Duke. In particular, he seems like a guy who has lots of skills but needs to either think a lot quicker on the court or to just shut down his brain and trust his instincts. I saw him think about his next move by which point it was too late or he'd commit to a strategy and not have a plan B more times than I'd like.
Now, he was a freshman - he can improve this. But it was an ... orange? flag for me.

What I like about Banchero:
Very fluid offensive player, particularly inside the arc, who creates an advantage and finishes. I think he has the potential to be at least a secondary creator for a good offense, and could grow to fit in well on a great offense. He's the only player at the top of the draft for me who has that upside on offense. I think the outside shot is projectable, and could grow into a weapon (but is definitely not a sure thing).

On defense, I agree that he looks sub-par right now. He is a good rebounder, and provides reasonable secondary rim protection. I think he has room for growth there, and could potentially be a small ball 5 that can switch out onto slower smalls.

He's not perfect. I would have had him 4th or lower last year. But the offensive upside to me is worthwhile, and the potential defensive versatility means he can play in more places.
   2819. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:31 PM (#6082564)
I don't see him as a good rebounder (though that could have been Williams sucking them all up - seems more average to me) or offering much in secondary rim protection, but getting out of Durham could help.
   2820. spivey Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:34 PM (#6082565)
Wiggins was passing up open 3s this series. He’s also got more off the dribble game than a normal 3&D guy. I think hes something different. Basically just a worse version of Jaylen Brown IMO.
   2821. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:40 PM (#6082566)
Wiggins is either a weird but good 3 and D player, or the worst superstar-style wing.

I don't mean to be contrary, but I also think that boringly, it was just a good matchup for Wiggins and Draymond is the second best player on the Warriors still.
   2822. spivey Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:48 PM (#6082567)
I think GP2 is better than Draymond.
   2823. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 05:57 PM (#6082568)
...on defense?
   2824. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 06:02 PM (#6082571)
So what happened to Draymond in the middle of the finals? I was like "is he hurt?" until he seemed like he wasn't.
   2825. sardonic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 06:03 PM (#6082572)
I don't mean to be contrary, but I also think that boringly, it was just a good matchup for Wiggins and Draymond is the second best player on the Warriors still.

I think this is somewhat matchup dependent now. I think Wiggins was better against both Boston and Dallas. Dray was definitely more impactful against Denver and Jokic.
   2826. sardonic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 06:10 PM (#6082573)
So what happened to Draymond in the middle of the finals? I was like "is he hurt?" until he seemed like he wasn't.

I don't think that Boston is a good matchup for him. Draymond is most impactful when he can hold his own against a superstar big on defense (like Joker) and then exploit that matchup on the other end with his relative speed and playmaking. Alternately, he's also great when he can play free safety and freelance off someone. Boston doesn't play with a ball dominant big, and was deep and disciplined enough where Draymond couldn't really truly freelance -- he got super burned trying to do that in Game 1.

Boston was also just solid enough on defense to limit Dray's playmaking on that end... the Warriors offense was not great the whole series.

So without the splash plays he can end up playing outside himself to try to make something happen, and the C's were a tough enough to punish him when he did.

By the end I think he dialed things in and realized that the Ws were good enough to win if he just played within himself (Klay also more or less got there) and he was able to find more success by not trying to do too much (like wildly pushing the pace when it wasn't there or freelancing off of Al Horford). Adjusting to put him on Jaylen Brown also helped keep him more engaged and in the middle of the action.
   2827. Tom Cervo, backup catcher Posted: June 17, 2022 at 06:19 PM (#6082577)
How good is Wiggins' defense now? It seems good but also likely getting overrated based on the finals? I'd much rather have Bridges still, but honestly good for Wiggins turning into a good player.

I found this very funny: https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022/6/17/23172556/andrew-wiggins-warriors-phoenix-suns-is-a-bold-print-cautionary-tale-for-deandre-ayton-skeptics?utm_campaign=brightsideofthesun&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

It's not like Wiggins has turned into a star worth his contract, so uhhh I'd say if you think Ayton is comparable the right decision is not to offer him a max. Especially since he's at a position much easier to fill than Wiggins.
   2828. spivey Posted: June 17, 2022 at 06:22 PM (#6082578)
Warriors offense when Curry was on the floor I think was routinely discussed by Ben Taylor around 117-120. They were amazing. They were a train wreck without him on the floor, but Curry’s offensive impact against a great, great defense is pretty special stuff.
   2829. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 06:51 PM (#6082581)
sardonic, I think that’s a lot of it but there was a point where he just looked OFF. Maybe he was just in his own head at that point but I was worried for him.
   2830. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 07:22 PM (#6082585)
Harland, you have a lot of cap room.
Would you be up for using some of your expiring 21-22 room and 5m of your 22-23 room in a deal where I send you Gallo and 4.73m in cash (I am allowed to send out up to 4.95m, you are allowed to take in up to 4.89m - I picked 4.73 in order that we may each have a teeny bit remaining in our allotments if we wanted to be “touched” in a trade, where 110k is the minimum). In return, I’ll send you back your 2025 2nd round pick.

In short, you will have spent 270,000 for a second round pick and I will have either bought a trade exception or saved some tax dollars. (Looking like the latter)
   2831. Harlond Posted: June 17, 2022 at 07:57 PM (#6082590)
OKLA selects Jalen Williams @ #18

TFTIO is on the clock.

19. Minnesota (TFTIO)
21. Denver (asinwreck)
22. Memphis
27. Miami (aberg)
28. Golden State (DCA)
29. Memphis
30. Denver (asinwreck)

36. Portland (mike f)
37. Sacramento (Votto)
39. Cleveland (DCA)
40. Minnesota (TFTIO)
42. San Antonio (GregF)
43. LA Clippers
44. Atlanta (Der-K)
45. Charlotte (JJ1986)
46. Detroit (Cross-Eyed)
47. Memphis
48. Minnesota (TFTIO)
49. Sacramento (Votto)
50. Minnesota (TFTIO)
51. Golden State (DCA)
57. Golden State (DCA)
58. Cleveland (DCA)
59. Portland (mike f)

TRADES
   2832. Russlan thinks deGrom is da bomb Posted: June 17, 2022 at 08:21 PM (#6082593)
I am glad you guys had a discussion about Curry/Durant and how they compare with each other. I think what Curry has done the last few years has solidified the argument that he's the great "small" player ever, and one of the 10-15 best players. As you may remember, I was a "Steph hater" in that I didn't think he was level below guys like LBJ, Durant, Giannis, and Kawhi and not one of the great 25 players of all time. It's still a tall man's game for the most part and he's not the greatest defender. I'd still take KD over Curry as the second best player of the last twenty years, mostly because Kerr said the same. But I wouldn't argue against someone who argued the opposite.
   2833. 57i66135 is a hard word for me. Posted: June 17, 2022 at 08:54 PM (#6082601)
John Gonzalez @JohnGonzalez
Hi just thinking about the Boston Celtics not being champions

thank you
god bless
   2834. Dandy Little Glove Man Posted: June 17, 2022 at 09:07 PM (#6082604)
Repeated from the bottom of the last page:

@Knicks (......): I know you're rebuilding but probably also looking to clear cap space for next summer. The easiest way to do that is to deal Fournier for an expiring contract, which Vucevic happens to be. I have to think you'd need to attach a draft pick or two in order to clear Fournier's 2023-24 salary, so how about this:

NYK: Vucevic (+$20M in cap space next summer)
CHI: Fournier, 2023 DAL 1st, 2024 DET 2nd

If anyone else is interested in a deal for Vucevic, let me know.

Also, here's an updated list with a couple trades added:

18. Oklahoma City (Harlond)(trade) -- Jalen Williams
19. Minnesota (TFTIO)
21. Denver (asinwreck)
22. Memphis
27. Miami (aberg)
28. Golden State (DCA)
29. Memphis
30. Denver (asinwreck)

36. Portland (mike f)
37. Sacramento (Votto)
39. Cleveland (DCA)
40. Minnesota (TFTIO)
42. San Antonio (GregF)
43. LA Clippers
44. Atlanta (Der-K)
45. Charlotte (JJ1986)
46. Detroit (Cross-Eyed)
47. Memphis
48. Minnesota (TFTIO)
49. Sacramento (Votto)
50. Minnesota (TFTIO)
51. Golden State (DCA)
57. Golden State (DCA)
58. Cleveland (DCA)
59. Portland (mike f)

TRADES
10. Bulls/Dandy trade Coby White, #18, Marko Simonovic to Thunder/Harlond for #12, Sixers' 2025 1st round pick (lightly protected as per Horford trade), rights to Vasilije Micic
11. Bulls/Dandy trade Patrick Williams to Spurs/GregF for Jakob Poeltl, Bulls' 2025 1st round pick (protected/conditional from DeRozan S+T), Bulls' 2025 2nd round pick
   2835. Oriole Tragic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 09:39 PM (#6082611)
TFTIO is on the clock.
   2836. Your favorite TFTIO, me! Posted: June 17, 2022 at 09:46 PM (#6082612)
With the 19th pick, the Minnesota Timberwovles select ... Josh Minott a 3/4 freshman from Memphis.
   2837. Your favorite TFTIO, me! Posted: June 17, 2022 at 09:51 PM (#6082614)
I'd like to deal for a big forward, or sign one in FA. I'd also be delighted to move Russell, but am resigned to just trotting him out and seeing how it goes.
   2838. 57i66135 is a hard word for me. Posted: June 17, 2022 at 09:58 PM (#6082619)
With the 19th pick, the Minnesota Timberwovles select ... Josh Minott a 3/4 freshman from Memphis.
measuring at less than 4' tall seems like a pretty big impediment for any high school basketball player, let alone one getting drafted in the first round.

it's an appropriately wovles pick, though.
   2839. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:00 PM (#6082621)
NOP/tship- are you trying to get rid of Devonte Graham? If so, Cavs would be interested in having him to back up Garland. We can offer Cedi Osman and Dylan Windler to match salary for next year. They are not as good as Graham but it’s only a 1 year commitment instead of 3.
   2840. sardonic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:04 PM (#6082623)
sardonic, I think that’s a lot of it but there was a point where he just looked OFF. Maybe he was just in his own head at that point but I was worried for him.

Yeah I read it as more mental than physical. Draymond did have back issues earlier in the season but this didn't seem like that to me. I mean who knows what else might be going on in his life -- there were some whispers that Curry's shooting slump this season was related to his parents' divorce for example.

It's still a tall man's game for the most part and he's not the greatest defender.

I know Moeball called this out earlier as well, but he's really come a long way. While he was a liability through the first Finals run, I'd say by the latter KD years he was already mostly neutral, and the past couple seasons he's stepped it up. By the eye test he just looks bigger now, and was generally able to hold his own 1-on-1 even against Tatum, Brown, Horford, etc. Some of the defender specific metrics floating around NBA twitter apparently had Curry rated as a plus defender in the playoffs as well.
   2841. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:05 PM (#6082624)
Also, 57i66135, GSW are willing to do Wiseman for Thybulle + Korkmaz now if you are keen. Whether or not that happens may affect whether we go with a big or a wing at 28.
   2842. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:06 PM (#6082625)
Someone needs to be Memphis soon…
   2843. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:13 PM (#6082626)
Wovles- Cleveland wants to know what would you add to DLo to swap him with Kevin Love?
   2844. Oriole Tragic Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:20 PM (#6082627)
HOU selects Dalen Terry at #20.

asinwreck is on the clock.
   2845. Your favorite TFTIO, me! Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:34 PM (#6082632)
Wovles- Cleveland wants to know what would you add to DLo to swap him with Kevin Love?

That is more interesting to me than it should be.
   2846. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:41 PM (#6082633)
NOP/tship- are you trying to get rid of Devonte Graham? If so, Cavs would be interested in having him to back up Garland. We can offer Cedi Osman and Dylan Windler to match salary for next year. They are not as good as Graham but it’s only a 1 year commitment instead of 3.

I don't want to get rid of Graham *THAT* badly. I would need a second to make that worthwhile (and not #58).

Edit: I can be Memphis if need be. I don't think there are many plausible Memphis/NO trades?
   2847. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 10:50 PM (#6082634)
Cavs would add #39 to get Devonte’
   2848. asinwreck Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:00 PM (#6082637)
Denver selects Jake LaRavia at #21.

Memphis is on the clock....but is there an owner? tshipman? Philly is after that.
   2849. DCA Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:03 PM (#6082639)
tshipman volunteered to take Memphis. I'm good with that.
   2850. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:17 PM (#6082640)
Cavs would add #39 to get Devonte’

Done, trade final.

New Orleans sends: Devonte Graham
Cleveland sends: Cedi Osman, Dylan Windler and the #39 overall pick

Memphis is on the clock....but is there an owner? tshipman? Philly is after that.

Memphis takes:
Blake Wesley, Notre Dame.

I hope you're as surprised as I am that Blake Wesley from Notre Dame is not a white guy.
   2851. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:18 PM (#6082641)
Tship/Memphis - any interest in swapping Melton for Hunter?
   2852. 57i66135 is a hard word for me. Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:32 PM (#6082643)
i've done almost literally no prep for this draft, and i probably won't ever get around to it.

with the 23rd pick, PHI takes Caleb Houstan, F, Mitchigan (i think it's pronounced house-tin)

MIL is on the clock
NYK is on deck.
CHO is in the hole.

he reminds me of a more physically frail hollis thompson.

2853. tshipman Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:47 PM (#6082644)
Tship/Memphis - any interest in swapping Melton for Hunter?

So, I think this is a reasonable construct for a trade in real life, as both guys are kind of on the outs with their coach.

I think what the Grizzlies really need is a consolidation trade, where they package Evil Danny Green, Steve Adams, draft picks and some random young players for guys who can help them in the playoffs. Ideally, they'd get Paul George. The problem is that weirdly all the guys who would really help Memphis are probably unavailable. They really need that "second best guy on a championship team" player like PG, AD or Tatum.

I personally value Melton higher than the real life Grizzlies seem to, and I also would rather keep powder dry than take on a guy like Hunter who is liable to get injured and be untradeable. If Mikal Bridges or Brandon Ingram or even actual Paul George become available, I think it's easier to move Melton in that deal than Hunter.
   2854. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 17, 2022 at 11:58 PM (#6082646)
Both teams, I think, are in that boat, in terms of needing consolidation trades. (Though Memphis is in way better shape going forward than Atlanta, obviously).
The other thing I’d note is that Memphis keeps taking shots on guys like Hunter/wants a three who can guard up or down, whereas Bane’s emergence seemingly removes Melton’s avenue to PT.
Put another way, if you’re not making a deal right away, Hunter may be more valuable to Memphis. If so, though, Melton might fit better in a package, yeah.
   2855. Harlond Posted: June 18, 2022 at 07:59 AM (#6082650)
Der-K, OKC got a first round pick when they took Al Horford and 2 1st round picks when they took Kemba Walker (plus Al Horford). I think I'll save the space for now.

Also, I'll be away from the board until at least 7:00 while I'm visiting my 97-year-old father today.
   2856. . . . . . . Posted: June 18, 2022 at 08:31 AM (#6082653)
If anyone is interested in #24 in exchange for providing a landing spot for one of the Knicks other contracts, we’re interested in moving it, but we are not trading future 1sts.
   2857. Ken Griffey's Grotesquely Swollen Jaw Posted: June 18, 2022 at 08:54 AM (#6082656)
man, this draft is flying. I spent yesterday at Cubs/Braves and then Sky/Dream, then check in this morning and I'm on the clock.

with the 24th pick, the Bucks select local favorite Johnny Davis, G Wisconsin. I'm a Badger alum and wasn't really impressed with what I saw from him last year, but think he should be a solid player in a smaller role on the Bucks. Good defender, can find his own shot, will hopefully shoot the 3 better now that he doesn't have to initiate the whole offense.

there have been a couple times over the years where a consensus lottery guy slid in the BTF draft and I took him much lower than projected. Kevin Knox and Sexton are the two I remember-- hopefully this one turns out a little better.
   2858. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:00 AM (#6082658)
2855/Harland - waiting is fair, but I’m mostly talking 2021-22 space, not 2022-23 space. A second rounder for using up 5 mil of 22-23 space plus getting offsetting funds is at or above the going rate (Walker had, what, 74m left on his deal, not 5? And spread over multiple years?) In recent deals, this is more like the Nets getting a second for taking on Sekou and using 3.6m of space - only the nets paid full freight plus 110k to do it).

On my end, this isn’t about paying tax on 5m (which Atlanta can and would do), it’s all about the exception for later. That should allow me more flexibility in moving other players. (And I can only do that with a deal in the 21-22 fiscal year, structured a given way)
—-
So, I’m guessing the rest of the board also thinks Davis will be a bust?
   2859. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:05 AM (#6082660)
…., which contracts for that pick?
   2860. GregF Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:21 AM (#6082663)
MM: Do you have any plans for Hield? I could send Primo/Richardson/Collins for Hield/60 if you want a couple of younger flyers for him.
   2861. Dandy Little Glove Man Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:24 AM (#6082664)
@Knicks, see my offer in 2834 and swap out the future Mavs pick for #25 this year. Deal?
   2862. Ken Griffey's Grotesquely Swollen Jaw Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:31 AM (#6082665)
Davis is literally the only guy in this draft I watched with regularity and I didn't like his game at all, so I'm pretty amused that I somehow I talked myself into him this morning.
   2863. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 10:49 AM (#6082669)
Knicks - Cleveland will trade Levert for Fournier + 25
   2864. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: June 18, 2022 at 10:54 AM (#6082670)
MM: Do you have any plans for Hield? I could send Primo/Richardson/Collins for Hield/60 if you want a couple of younger flyers for him.

I am interested, but I want to look over my roster this morning and evaluate it before making any more changes.
   2865. Dandy Little Glove Man Posted: June 18, 2022 at 10:57 AM (#6082672)
@Knicks, I’ll revise my offer to Vucevic for #25 and Fournier, with no future picks. You might be able to flip Vucevic for a first if any playoff contender misses out on a center in free agency or has an injury. And Vucevic is only taking minutes away from Nerlens Noel, not any of the young guys you want to develop. Thibs would probably play LeVert over Quickley, Grimes, McBride, etc.
   2866. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: June 18, 2022 at 11:30 AM (#6082673)
   2861. Dandy Little Glove Man Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:24 AM (#6082664)

Yes, I think I want to do that. It puts me in a little bit of a roster crunch, but my coaching staff can evaluate who we want in the off-season. I like the addition of a couple of veteran forwards to stabilize things while my draft picks get some experience.
   2867. GregF Posted: June 18, 2022 at 11:50 AM (#6082675)
MM: Sounds good - I was looking at the same calculation, but figured Pop would want one more veteran starter to keep the team competitive in the short term.

Trade confirmed: SA/GregF trades Primo, Richardson, Collins to IND/Mellow Mouse for Hield, #60

With that, barring any major surprise, SA is likely set other than to use its second-rounders. A starting lineup of Murray/Hield/Williams/Holmgren/Randle which can hopefully hold up as league-average or slightly above on both ends, with the goal of transitioning playing time toward more athletic defenders (Vassell, Johnson and/or Duren) as the youngsters show they can handle offensive responsibilities, and a reasonably deep bench to cover for injuries or hiccups in development.
   2868. King Mekong Posted: June 18, 2022 at 11:56 AM (#6082676)
Really don’t like the idea of trading primo. He’s got a lot of upside it seems and hield is all downside.
   2869. GregF Posted: June 18, 2022 at 12:13 PM (#6082680)
Agreed that Primo's potential was the biggest question mark in that deal. But I'd hit the point where he wasn't going to be a top priority for player development - Vassell and Johnson are already ahead of him in the rotation, and Williams, Holmgren and Duren bring more upside (particularly on defence).

And I'm counting on Hield having some upside as a distributor. His passing has ticked up at a couple of points when he's had more responsibility for shot creation, including his Pacers stint - and if he can keep that up, he and Randle should be able to take some of the load off of Murray.
   2870. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 18, 2022 at 01:29 PM (#6082689)
I thought about offering for primo but didn’t have an idea what.
—-
Mouse - love your moves so far
   2871. tshipman Posted: June 18, 2022 at 02:31 PM (#6082698)
Love the idea of pairing Randle with Holmgren, btw.
   2872. 57i66135 is a hard word for me. Posted: June 18, 2022 at 03:35 PM (#6082700)
Love the idea of pairing Randle with Holmgren, btw.
john and mike?
   2873. Fourth True Outcome Posted: June 18, 2022 at 03:40 PM (#6082701)
@wojespn
ESPN Sources: Kenny Atkinson has decided he won’t become the Charlotte Hornets’ head coach and will remain with Golden State as top assistant. After being offered job during the NBA Finals, further conversations led Atkinson to believe it would be best to remain with Warriors.

Whoa, I don't know if I can recall an analogous situation. I wonder if this means Atkinson had grave misgivings about the Hornets or if he's been promised something he thinks is better. (Kerr's successor? I don't know GSW well enough to have any idea there, or how long Kerr plans to coach, but it's the only obvious much bigger prize he might be promised.)

Edit: I hope this leads to Mike Dan Tony getting the gig, as he seems like a really fun option for these Hornets.
   2874. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: June 18, 2022 at 03:46 PM (#6082702)
Mouse - love your moves so far

In previous years I have typically not done any trades, because drafting and trading just frightened me as I have too little knowledge. This year I just took the plunge and it has been fun (but time-consuming). So thanks!
   2875. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 04:18 PM (#6082704)
2873 -

There have been a lot of articles recently praising the Warriors workplace culture. There may be something to that. Atkinson has been in a bunch of organizations, he's been a head coach before, he's going to continue to be on most short lists for future openings, this isn't likely to be his only shot at getting up to the next level. I can totally see him being wary of leaving the best #2 position in the league for a #1 gig if he's not entirely sold on the organization.
   2876. sardonic Posted: June 18, 2022 at 04:31 PM (#6082706)
Lacob's pockets ain't scared either, so I wouldn't be surprised if "further conversations" led Atkinson to believe it would be better for his bank account to stay with the Warriors. Developing the next generation of Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman and Poole is Lacob's pet project, and once you're hundreds of millions into the luxury tax, what's a couple more million a year to pay your top development assistant more than the Hornets would pay their head coach? Particularly with Mike Brown, Kerr's top assistant, also departing.

And yeah, what DCA said, he'll continue to be in the mix for future top head coaching jobs, it's doubtful that remaining on the Warriors staff is going to diminish his market value.
   2877. tshipman Posted: June 18, 2022 at 04:41 PM (#6082709)
I can totally see him being wary of leaving the best #2 position in the league for a #1 gig if he's not entirely sold on the organization.

Sure, but his decision is very, very uncommon. You never hear about guys, particularly guys who were head coaches, deciding to stay put.
   2878. Hombre Brotani Posted: June 18, 2022 at 04:48 PM (#6082711)
Luke Walton is a cautionary tale?
   2879. GregF Posted: June 18, 2022 at 05:12 PM (#6082713)
2871: It seems like the NBA's equivalent of the Timme pairing in college, and the experience there is promising. The downside is that it's not clear how the pairing will work over the course of Randle's full contract - but if the biggest issue is needing to get him out of the way a couple of seasons down the road to make room for Holmgren to grow, there's still enough draft capital around to make that happen.
   2880. Your favorite TFTIO, me! Posted: June 18, 2022 at 05:46 PM (#6082722)
Sounds like Atkinson finally got that 1:1 with MJ.
   2881. tshipman Posted: June 18, 2022 at 05:47 PM (#6082723)
2871: It seems like the NBA's equivalent of the Timme pairing in college, and the experience there is promising.

I was thinking of Brandon Clarke and JJJ, but yeah.
   2882. . . . . . . Posted: June 18, 2022 at 05:51 PM (#6082724)
Fwiw I am not ignoring offers I just want to see is available at my pick and I need to wait for 23 to pick
   2883. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 05:55 PM (#6082725)
…. - you are up.
   2884. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 05:56 PM (#6082726)
Milwaukee picked in 2857
   2885. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 06:15 PM (#6082728)
Looks like we need a current version of this. We still need someone to pick for LAC. Knicks (......) on the clock for #25 to pick or trade.

19. Minnesota (TFTIO) -- Josh Minott
20. Houston (Oriole Tragic) (trade) -- Dalen Terry
21. Denver (asinwreck) -- Jake LaRavia
22. Memphis (tshipman) -- Blake Wesley
23. Philadelphia (57i66135.) -- Caleb Houstan
24. Milwaukee (Ken Griffey) -- Johnny Davis
27. Miami (aberg)
28. Golden State (DCA)
29. Memphis (tshipman)
30. Denver (asinwreck)

36. Portland (mike f)
37. Sacramento (Votto)
39. Cleveland (DCA)
40. Minnesota (TFTIO)
42. San Antonio (GregF)
43. LA Clippers
44. Atlanta (Der-K)
45. Charlotte (JJ1986)
46. Detroit (Cross-Eyed)
47. Memphis (tshipman)
48. Minnesota (TFTIO)
49. Sacramento (Votto)
50. Minnesota (TFTIO)
51. Golden State (DCA)
57. Golden State (DCA)
58. Cleveland (DCA)
59. Portland (mike f)

TRADES
10. Bulls/Dandy trade Coby White, #18, Marko Simonovic to Thunder/Harlond for #12, Sixers' 2025 1st round pick (lightly protected as per Horford trade), rights to Vasilije Micic
11. Bulls/Dandy trade Patrick Williams to Spurs/GregF for Jakob Poeltl, Bulls' 2025 1st round pick (protected/conditional from DeRozan S+T), Bulls' 2025 2nd round pick
12. NOP/tshipman trades Devonte' Graham to Cleveland/DCA for Cedi Osman, Dylan Windler, #39
13. SA/GregF trades Primo, Richardson, Collins to IND/Mellow Mouse for Hield, #60
   2886. tshipman Posted: June 18, 2022 at 06:30 PM (#6082732)
Sounds like Atkinson finally got that 1:1 with MJ.

Michael Jordan is beside himself. Driving around downtown Charlotte begging (thru texts) Atkinson's family for address to Kenny's home
   2887. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: June 18, 2022 at 06:53 PM (#6082736)
Pick #60 is SA (GregF) via trade.
   2888. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 07:08 PM (#6082740)
And 39 NOP via trade. Sorry forgot to update those for recent trades.
   2889. . . . . . . Posted: June 18, 2022 at 09:24 PM (#6082754)
The Knicks pick Mark Williams.

Great outcome. Dumped Randle’s negative value contract and still got a big that is ahead of Duren on many boards. Still probably need to dig down more to dig out, but you can start to see a future.
   2890. My name is Votto, and I love to get Moppo Posted: June 18, 2022 at 10:11 PM (#6082762)
Michael Jordan is beside himself. Driving around downtown Charlotte begging (thru texts) Atkinson's family for address to Kenny's home

Roy Williams is available. Coach K, too.

2891. Dandy Little Glove Man Posted: June 18, 2022 at 10:15 PM (#6082763)
Vucevic remains available for much less than the Bulls paid to get him. All offers welcome.
   2892. tshipman Posted: June 18, 2022 at 11:02 PM (#6082770)
New Orleans would offer 39, 41 and 52 to move up to any of the next 3 slots.
   2893. DCA Posted: June 18, 2022 at 11:50 PM (#6082774)
NOP:

GSW will take that offer for #28
   2894. JJ1986 Posted: June 19, 2022 at 08:12 AM (#6082780)
Charlotte selects Justin Lewis from Marquette. Miami is on the clock.
   2895. Harlond Posted: June 19, 2022 at 11:14 AM (#6082789)
Miami/aberg is on the clock. We still need someone to pick for LAC.

3. San Antonio (GregF)(trade) -- Chet Holmgren
4. Sacramento (Votto) -- Benedict Mathurin
5. Detroit (Cross-Eyed) -- Shaedon Sharpe
19. Minnesota (TFTIO) -- Josh Minott
20. Houston (Oriole Tragic) (trade) -- Dalen Terry
21. Denver (asinwreck) -- Jake LaRavia
22. Memphis (tshipman) -- Blake Wesley
23. Philadelphia (57i66135.) -- Caleb Houstan
24. Milwaukee (Ken Griffey) -- Johnny Davis
25. New York (. . . . .) (trade) -- Mark Williams
26. Charlotte (JJ1986) (trade) -- Justin Lewis
27. Miami (aberg) --
28. New Orleans (tshipman) (trade) --
29. Memphis (tshipman) --
30. Denver (asinwreck) --

36. Portland (mike f)
37. Sacramento (Votto)
39. Golden State (DCA) (trade)
40. Minnesota (TFTIO)
41. Golden State (DCA)(trade)
42. San Antonio (GregF)
43. LA Clippers
44. Atlanta (Der-K)
45. Charlotte (JJ1986)
46. Detroit (Cross-Eyed)
47. Memphis (tshipman)
48. Minnesota (TFTIO)
49. Sacramento (Votto)
50. Minnesota (TFTIO)
51. Golden State (DCA)
52. Golden State (DCA)
57. Golden State (DCA)
58. Cleveland (DCA)
59. Portland (mike f)
60. San Antonio (Mellow Mouse) (trade)

TRADES
12. NOP/tshipman trades Devonte' Graham to Cleveland/DCA for Cedi Osman, Dylan Windler, #39
13. SA/GregF trades Primo, Richardson, Collins to IND/Mellow Mouse for Hield, #60
14. New Orleans/tshipman trades ## 39, 41, and 52 to Golden State/DCA for #28.
   2896. Der-K's tired of these fruits from poisoned trees Posted: June 19, 2022 at 11:21 AM (#6082790)
I can do the clips if no else wants them
   2897. tshipman Posted: June 19, 2022 at 11:26 AM (#6082791)
Charlotte didn't take one of the two guys I wanted to trade up for, so NOP will take the DCA deal (that I see has already been added to the trades)
   2898. tshipman Posted: June 19, 2022 at 11:30 AM (#6082792)
Also, @Der-K if you're here. Am I crazy to like Keegan Murray as high as #2 overall?
   2899. asinwreck Posted: June 19, 2022 at 11:32 AM (#6082793)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray win rookie of the year if he gets in the right situation.

(Am about to step offline for a couple hours, but intend to be ready for Denver to draft shortly thereafter and turn proceedings over to Mark Tatum to announce the second round.)
   2900. DCA Posted: June 19, 2022 at 12:06 PM (#6082796)
flip. posting the grid with one correction on the next page.
Page 29 of 44 pages ‹ First  < 27 28 29 30 31 >  Last ›

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Sebastian
for his generous support.

You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.

Hot Topics

NewsblogRoger Maris Jr. blasts MLB, says Aaron Judge’s potential 62nd home run should be single-season record
(50 - 7:47am, Sep 30)
Last: cHiEf iMpaCt oFfiCEr JE

NewsblogMets to call up No. 1 prospect in baseball
(5 - 7:46am, Sep 30)
Last: JimMusComp misses old primer...

NewsblogOMNICHATTER for the week of September 26 - October 5, 2022
(107 - 12:48am, Sep 30)
Last: Walt Davis

NewsblogOT: Wrestling Thread November 2014
(2534 - 11:28pm, Sep 29)
Last: 57i66135 is a hard word for me.

Newsblog2022-23 Preseason NBA thread
(322 - 11:13pm, Sep 29)
Last: RJ in TO

NewsblogWhy Major League Baseball needs to do a better job of appreciating regular season greatness
(40 - 10:40pm, Sep 29)
Last: the Hugh Jorgan returns

NewsblogNew York Yankees star Aaron Judge hits 61st home run of season, tying Roger Maris' mark
(29 - 9:06pm, Sep 29)
Last: Cooper Nielson

NewsblogMiami Marlins' Richard Bleier only pitcher since 1900 with 3 balks in same at-bat, gets tossed vs. Mets
(39 - 7:32pm, Sep 29)
Last: shoelesjoe

NewsblogJapan's affinity for Los Angeles Angels star Shohei Ohtani examined in 'Searching for Ohtani'
(7 - 4:58pm, Sep 29)
Last: You can keep your massive haul

NewsblogBill James: How Reliable are Won-Lost Records, Part I
(33 - 4:58pm, Sep 29)
Last: Moeball

NewsblogThe Official Mets Fan Self-Immolation Thread
(988 - 4:24pm, Sep 29)
Last: KronicFatigue

NewsblogSoto, Shmoto: Joey Meneses Is Washington’s Pleasant Surprise
(4 - 3:30pm, Sep 29)
Last: Bourbon Samurai stays in the fight

NewsblogThe difficult postseason decision Mets face
(24 - 1:11pm, Sep 29)
Last: Srul Itza

NewsblogPirates add Miguel Andújar after Yankees designate former Rookie of the Year runner-up for assignment
(14 - 12:49pm, Sep 29)
Last: ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick

NewsblogOT Soccer Thread - European Leages Return
(266 - 8:07am, Sep 29)
Last: Jose is Absurdly Correct but not Helpful

Page rendered in 0.7226 seconds
45 querie(s) executed