Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Friday, November 19, 2021

Keith Hernandez Promotes Robert Kennedy Jr.‘s Anti-Vaccine Book on Twitter

Former New York Mets great and current broadcaster Keith Hernandez made his Twitter private on Friday after the swift backlash he faced for promoting anti-vaccine conspiracy theories. Hernandez posted a tweet promoting noted anti-vax champion Robert Kennedy Jr.‘s new book.

A segment of the Amazon write-up for the book reads as follows:

The Real Anthony Fauci details how Fauci, Gates, and their cohorts use their control of media outlets, scientific journals, key government and quasi-governmental agencies, global intelligence agencies, and influential scientists and physicians to flood the public with fearful propaganda about COVID-19 virulence and pathogenesis, and to muzzle debate and ruthlessly censor dissent.

RoyalsRetro (AG#1F) Posted: November 19, 2021 at 04:38 PM | 237 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: keith hernandez

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 > 
   101. CStallion Posted: November 21, 2021 at 11:40 PM (#6053933)
And #99 gets a like from me if such a button exists [/duck]
   102. Lassus Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:07 AM (#6053935)
That said, there's no serious case to be made that they're stopping the spread of COVID or that somehow the spread is the result of the unvaccinated. That case started falling apart months ago and is now in shambles

Jesus on a bicycle, you really are a fucking imbecile. I'm entranced by how you imagine people see you offline in the actual world, I admit.

(*) I can't vouch for everything Berenson has said about COVID and don't really pay dedicated attention to him and he's probably said some crazy stuff

But I'll cite him as a reliable source anyhow.

I mean, this is some of the weakest shit I have EVER seen.
   103. TJ Posted: November 22, 2021 at 06:04 AM (#6053940)
I say that, now that we’ve purged ourselves to some degree of bottled up ghosts, we unite and rejoice in the fact that the new Hall of Fame ballot will be released today! Be strong, fellow Primates, as we prepare for the annual assault on our reputations and intellect by Dan Shaughnessy and that Doc cretin in Cincinnati whose name escapes me at the moment. (I would look it up, but am too busy loading up my mother’s basement with Mountain Dew and Doritos for the HOF season…)
   104. John DiFool2 Posted: November 22, 2021 at 07:03 AM (#6053944)
Esp. Since this election is going to make many heads explode.
   105. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: November 22, 2021 at 07:56 AM (#6053947)
Ignoring the anti-Vax lunacy, the best part of this site is the NBA thread. It has been going on for years and it is the most amazing thing I have seen on the intertubes. It stays mostly on topic and self-polices to the extent that bad posters are mostly ignored or told to stay on topic and be polite or please go away.

I have no idea how the NBA thread happened or what black magic keeps it going but it is fully 90% of the reason I come to this site. Daily Primer is most of the rest of the 10%. I like the birthday teams and weird trivia and general baseball discussion that takes place.
   106. Jose Has Absurd Goosebump Arms Posted: November 22, 2021 at 08:18 AM (#6053949)
I don't follow the NBA but today might be an interesting day in that thread.
   107. chisoxcollector Posted: November 22, 2021 at 09:22 AM (#6053953)
I've been mostly a lurker here since 2002 or so. I have always loved reading the threads here, though they obviously aren't as robust as they once were. I post occasionally, but typically only in the rare White Sox or pop culture thread. I used to be too intimidated to post, as I felt I would instantly make a fool of myself amongst the intelligentsia that used to populate this site. There are still some great posters here, but many have left, and some threads get bogged down by OTP posts or just annoying trolls in general. I've never minded OTP threads, as long as they were clearly marked so I could avoid them.

I've been on the BTF Discord for a couple of years now. I post a LOT more there than I ever did here. Mostly because there is a pretty active pop culture channel, so I can bore people with my movie watching exploits. I still read the threads here, but barely ever bother logging in any more. I'm always disappointed when I see an interesting article posted, and it only has 3 comments. I can't blame anybody, as I didn't make any comments either. But I learned so much from the discussion here, and it saddens me to see it slowly dying.
   108. Adam Starblind Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:16 AM (#6053963)
Maybe the best evidence in favor of the "we won the war" theory is that prominent posters here who used to supply analysis have gone on to mainstream roles and sophisticated sites -- Szym, Tango, MGL (was that his name -- the defense guy?), and probably some others.

109. John DiFool2 Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:42 AM (#6053965)
Ignoring the anti-Vax lunacy, the best part of this site is the NBA thread. It has been going on for years and it is the most amazing thing I have seen on the intertubes. It stays mostly on topic and self-polices to the extent that bad posters are mostly ignored or told to stay on topic and be polite or please go away.

I have no idea how the NBA thread happened or what black magic keeps it going but it is fully 90% of the reason I come to this site. Daily Primer is most of the rest of the 10%. I like the birthday teams and weird trivia and general baseball discussion that takes place.

Now, if only an NHL thread were to pop up next to it...
   110. escabeche Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM (#6053967)
I gotta say, I didn't even realize the site had fewer posters now. As a daily reader and occasional poster, I don't experience it as "dying," I experience it as the same place it's always been, my daily check-in for baseball news and discussion. I sometimes look at MLBTradeRumors or Fangraphs. Good coverage, but the discussion threads are terrible.
   111. Srul Itza Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:59 AM (#6053972)
I was part of the early migration here from the Neyer Board on ESPN, pre-registration, when Neyer was an important figure in popularizing sabermetrics, and people still went to alt.rec.sports.baseball. (Who remembers RLM and what SCDN means?)

The fact that, after 20+ years, it is still in existence at all, is actually pretty rare. Forums come and go, people move on to the next thing, etc.

I'm now 66, and my interest in baseball is waning some, as it is in most sports. Maybe it all just got too complicated. I remember baseball before there were divisions, when the monuments were in the field of play at the real Yankee Stadium. I remember when Shea stadium not only existed, but was new and looked good. I remember football before the AFL-NFL merger, when the coach of Vikings Bud Grant could get away with saying things like "There are three things that can happen when you throw the football, and two of them are bad" I remember hockey when Marv Albert called play-by-play on the radio, college basketball when the Big East really mattered, and pro basketball before the ABA. I have seen every sport go through multiple changes, and with each change, interest waxes and wanes.

So, again, the fact that this forum is still here, and I still enjoy showing up, is pretty special, I think. It may not be here in 5 years, but then again, I may not be here either.
   112. Ron J Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:16 PM (#6053975)
#111 I know there are still a few RSB alums.
   113. Zonk demands an audit of your post Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM (#6053976)
I still lurk - and occasionally post here - but hey... the Cubs are in suck mode and I HAVE found that I no longer have the energy I once did to ##### and moan about minor league non-tenders that will 99% of the time amount to nothing. 2016 changed so much for me, baseball-wise. When you've never been to the mountain top, then you experience it? It felt like everything prior to that point baseball-wise had been a matter of "If only..." or "I wish they had..." And now? Flags fly forever.

In any case, I'm glad Zenbitz and Joe spun up the Discord site. The channel crossover tends to be temporal and limited, but hey - for example - I do read Chisox's movie bloviating in pop culture because damn if it ain't thorough and as I've found where my tastes match up... I also very much enjoy the foodie, investing, and gaming channels... plus - there's an entire thread where you can read how I turned the Cubs in 6 years-running OOTP world champs.

Oh yeah, and you'd be surprised how cuddly David and Andy are... those guys have become such bosom buddies that ought to just share an account. It's frankly, a little disturbing how often they just agree with each other...
   114. Pat Rapper's Delight (as quoted on MLB Network) Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:33 PM (#6053977)

/presses Like button
   115. Perry Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:36 PM (#6053979)
#111 are you me? Same age, and I could have written most of rest of your post too, so thanks for saving me the trouble. Definitely remember RLM in all his guises; I think the other acronym was actually SDCN, right? "Stat-Drunk Computer Nerd." Good times.

116. Srul Itza Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:39 PM (#6053982)
Perry: Thank you for correcting my typo on the acronym. You are exactly right.

117. TJ Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:46 PM (#6053984)
A Primey to all you OGs out there for your efforts in making this site last. I am late comer to the party but, if it weren’t for you all, the party would have ended before I got here…
   118. BDC Posted: November 22, 2021 at 12:48 PM (#6053985)
My meta remarks for what they're worth: I always liked best about BBTF the way that it would provide connections between baseball and larger culture. This feature irked others, I know. OTP was shunted onto its own thread but even its existence irked people. I left for Discord (great community) in the mini-flight of 2018 but returned recently because BBTF is still a good place to check expert reactions to baseball developments.

While I was away … baseball changed, or my alignment with it did, or both. Probably everything is always changing, but unless you depart a venue for three years you aren't as aware. Since the mid-2010s I distinctly pay less attention to any team but the Rangers, mostly via glances at the MLB app. I watch no baseball on TV and don't even own a radio anymore. I still very much enjoy going to the BDC Dome and intend to be out there a lot in 2022, no matter how bad the Rangers are. But it's more a kind of knothole onto the sport than the big picture I used to crave. C'est la vie.

There are probably comments from me on BBTF from 15 years ago saying I didn't like opera, but increasingly over the last decade and intensely over the past 2 years, I follow opera like I used to follow baseball, both in real time and historically via books, records, and video. So I also devote less time to sports. I have even retired from the Sport Literature Association.

On the baseball side, "pitcher" has almost disintegrated as a position: there still needs to be a pitcher on every play, but who the heck knows who any of them are; the interest in specific pitcher matchups and batter/pitcher rivalries has vanished. TTO ball is stolid, though that's OK; the pace of the game, as everybody always says, is deadly. B-Ref's "Stathead" got way more expensive and somewhat less functional, thus I don't do my comps anymore or generate trivia. So I feel I have much less to say.
   119. My name is Votto, and I love to get Moppo Posted: November 22, 2021 at 01:05 PM (#6053990)
I really like the BTF interface (clean, linear discussion). It really does standout in an internet that is beset by memes and GIFs. Reddit is the closest parallel, but any interesting thread quickly gets swamped by snarky jokes and sheer volume of comments.
   120. Adam Starblind Posted: November 22, 2021 at 01:29 PM (#6054000)
What’s the Discord site?
   121. Jose Has Absurd Goosebump Arms Posted: November 22, 2021 at 01:30 PM (#6054001)
Now, if only an NHL thread were to pop up next to it...

I'm on board!
   122. . Posted: November 22, 2021 at 01:47 PM (#6054005)
My meta remarks for what they're worth: I always liked best about BBTF the way that it would provide connections between baseball and larger culture. This feature irked others, I know. OTP was shunted onto its own thread but even its existence irked people.

And to come full circle, it irked people because those people simply can't abide the existence of pluralistic perspectives. They really shouldn't be allowed to win even minor skirmishes like these.

I'm entranced by how you imagine people see you offline in the actual world, I admit.

I'm guessing you can probably give it a pretty good guess.

But I'll cite him as a reliable source anyhow.

I didn't cite him as a source for anything, much less a "reliable" one.
   123. Zonk demands an audit of your post Posted: November 22, 2021 at 01:55 PM (#6054008)
What’s the Discord site?

It kind of started as an ex-pat OTP, but it's morphed into more of an all things off-topic BBTF old folks home for the folks who tended to be the worst offenders for off-topic stuff (of all types, may have started as politics but the pop culture stuff tends to be pretty active... there IS a Sports channel, but it's obviously more throwaways and one-liners with an occasional omnichatter; albeit - I still think here is the best place for baseball omnichatter). Some of the lounge people migrated there. It's just your standard Discord channel (if you're familiar with Discord).

You can join with nothing more than email address by clicking here.
   124. BDC Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:01 PM (#6054009)
it irked people because those people simply can't abide the existence of pluralistic perspectives

Nah, I don't think so. Well, maybe the stray solipsist or two. I think the much larger issue was that many people see sports discussions as an oasis from entire topics, not from differing perspectives on those topics. They're not intolerant. They will happily trade blows on Jeter vs. Nomar or whatever and enjoy the fray. But they don't want to argue about the Debordian spectacle of capitalism while doing so. I am happy to slide from Gary Sheffield's HOF candidacy to the role that athletics plays in the social construction of race, but others might not be and I hope I can see their pluralistic perspective ;-)
   125. BDC Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:03 PM (#6054010)
there IS a Sports channel, but it's obviously more throwaways and one-liners with an occasional omnichatter

Hey, we have examined the question of whether everybody on a football team except the quarterback is completely fungible.
   126. Zonk demands an audit of your post Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:04 PM (#6054011)
Oh, and I have to object to --- Jose? -- whoever objected to modern internet discussion boards being awash in memes, gifs, and short clips... Lemme tell ya from experience -- it's a lot more convenient to pop in classic/prime-era Simpsons clips than to have to look up the exacting dialogue. When used properly - and this tends to be the case on the discord OTP - the ability to do multimedia enhances not detracts.

127. Zonk demands an audit of your post Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:09 PM (#6054015)
Hey, we have examined the question of whether everybody on a football team except the quarterback is completely fungible.

Yeah, but if I remember right -- you ruined it by stating with your matter-of-fact certitude that everyone just needs a BRÜNNHILDE from The Ring Cycle....
   128. . Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:16 PM (#6054017)
Nah, I don't think so. Well, maybe the stray solipsist or two. I think the much larger issue was that many people see sports discussions as an oasis from entire topics, not from differing perspectives on those topics. They're not intolerant. They will happily trade blows on Jeter vs. Nomar or whatever and enjoy the fray. But they don't want to argue about the Debordian spectacle of capitalism while doing so. I am happy to slide from Gary Sheffield's HOF candidacy to the role that athletics plays in the social construction of race, but others might not be and I hope I can see their pluralistic perspective ;-)

You are an honorable and charitable person, with malice toward few. But not only are there very few people who fit your vision, there are few if any sports oases around here. Both the NBA and the soccer threads are riddled with politics. The irked wind up telling themselves things like, "Oh, how can something like fair wages for the women's world cup team be seen as political???" And so they inject that in there and then anyone who says anything remotely to the contrary is the one seen as being political. The same dynamic happens when politics happens to get thrown into a regular thread, as it routinely does.
   129. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:34 PM (#6054025)
What’s the Discord site?

It kind of started as an ex-pat OTP, but it's morphed into more of an all things off-topic BBTF old folks home for the folks who tended to be the worst offenders for off-topic stuff

Hmmmm, zonk, that must explain why we see you posting there all the time. (smile)

----------------

it irked people because those people simply can't abide the existence of pluralistic perspectives

You're right, and I always found it slightly ironic that the people who'd complain the most about the political threads were often commenting in those threads all the time themselves. It's as if nobody ever told them how to activate the "Ignore Member" function.
   130. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:38 PM (#6054027)
people still went to alt.rec.sports.baseball
Your memory is failing.

There was rec.sport.baseball, and alt.sports.baseball.balt-orioles (plus 29 other ones, of course). There was also rec.sport.baseball.analysis, which was a moderated group that never was very successful.
   131. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:40 PM (#6054028)
Are we forgetting the extended topical discussion of Allie Reynolds?
   132. McCoy Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:51 PM (#6054034)
Our sports section tends to be about football and basketball. Pretty much nobody has been all that interested in talking baseball over on discord.
   133. Baldrick Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:51 PM (#6054035)
I assumed this was another annoying COVID thread, but it turns out it's a wonderful navel-gazing thread. Go figure.

As another two-decader, the proliferation of OT stuff is certainly not the only reason why I check in here less but it's a contributing factor. A bigger factor is the number of troll-adjacent posters and the far more numerous good-faith posters who insist on taking the bait over and over and over. But the biggest factor is simply that Primer needs an ecosystem to thrive and (for a variety of reasons already discussed) the ecosystem has decayed over the past ten years or so. There's less good stuff here now, so less reason to come, which means there's less good stuff, and so on.

I still enjoy the place. The quality-to-garbage ratio remains far higher than anywhere else I've found. The old school format of the site--especially the lack of any bells and whistles--is an important part of making that work. But I sure do wish that submitted articles would post more quickly. And that more people would use the damn ignore feature.
   134. Never Give an Inge (Dave) Posted: November 22, 2021 at 02:53 PM (#6054037)
Does Discord have a decent mobile interface? It's blocked on my work computer, so most of the time I'd be accessing it from my phone.

(Incidentally, one of the reasons I've kept coming here over the years is that all the social media sites are blocked at work.)

For all the complaints about the OTP threads, the politics discussions here are better and have more diversity of viewpoints than just about anywhere else that I've seen. Less so now that the OTP regulars have left.
   135. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: November 22, 2021 at 03:01 PM (#6054040)
Does Discord have a decent mobile interface? It's blocked on my work computer, so most of the time I'd be accessing it from my phone.

IMO it does.
   136. . Posted: November 22, 2021 at 03:04 PM (#6054041)
You're right, and I always found it slightly ironic that the people who'd complain the most about the political threads were often commenting in those threads all the time themselves.

Of course. That's because, repeating, the irked faction never wanted a politics-free BTF -- they wanted a one-party political BTF.

137. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: November 22, 2021 at 03:56 PM (#6054047)
Less so now that the OTP regulars have left.

Many of us have not left, we just keep the politics on discord because Jim asked us to (well not here anyway, he didn't tell us to comment there).
   138. . Posted: November 22, 2021 at 04:03 PM (#6054050)
Everybody goes there now -- it's not crowded.
   139. Mike A Posted: November 22, 2021 at 04:14 PM (#6054058)
Yeah, a few of us are still kicking.

I remember when everyone thought opening the usenet doors to AOL would be the downfall of intelligent internet discussion. I guess it has gone kinda downhill since that point, heh.

But hey, there are still good discussion spots, and BTF is one of them despite a few bruises. I hope it sticks around.
   140. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 22, 2021 at 04:24 PM (#6054061)
Been here since 1999 when it was called "Clutch Hits". Seems like Nieps, Srul, and RR were around then, of those who still remain, and maybe "Bitter Mouse", who's since mellowed out.

Probably some others (Lassus?), but lots more have left.
   141. McCoy Posted: November 22, 2021 at 04:50 PM (#6054065)
This place didn't exist in 1999.

Baseball reference came online in 2000 and a year later this site (well, Primer) got hot linked to BRef.
   142. Greg Pope Posted: November 22, 2021 at 05:00 PM (#6054067)
I was on RSB, but not often. I migrated over from the Neyer message board, probably about the same time as Srul. So been here quite a long time, even if I don't contribute much.

A bigger factor is the number of troll-adjacent posters and the far more numerous good-faith posters who insist on taking the bait over and over and over

I stopped responding to SBB a long time ago but I do admit it took me longer to put him on ignore. It's actually amazing how many people still respond to the nonsense.
   143. Ron J Posted: November 22, 2021 at 05:04 PM (#6054069)
#119 I like Reddit's interface better as it's threaded. But it's also got a pretty high noise (or crap) to signal ratio.
   144. PreservedFish Posted: November 22, 2021 at 05:09 PM (#6054071)
Checking in for the navel-gazing. I logged onto Primer when it was absolutely brand new, maybe literally the first day, but I think it was a year or years before I realized that there was a community in the comments.

I'm in the Discord app, and really enjoy it over there. Very little baseball talk, unfortunately (IMO), but far more pop-culture and off-topic stuff, which is what I most enjoy. There is lots of politics but the discussion is generally chummier, partly because most people are fairly ideologically simpatico, but also partly because the format is more conducive to quips than diatribes. I'd encourage anyone curious to click the link above in comment #123.

I do miss it here, and lurk the baseball comments sometimes, but don't think I have the energy to comment much in both places.
   145. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 22, 2021 at 05:50 PM (#6054079)
This place didn't exist in 1999.

There was a site called "Clutch Hits" that was definitely around then, either as a separate website or as a page on another one, like the Newsstand is on BTF. You may not have used it, and it may not have been the linear predecessor of Baseball Primer / Baseball Think Factory, but it had a similar format with similar discussions, and many of us moved seamlessly between the two sites once the former site disbanded. In the same way, some of the really older Primates have said they posted on a site that existed even before CH, but I never posted there and don't recall the name.

One of the beauties of the older site that carried onto BTF until 2004 was the ability to change your handle without having all your previous comments reflect the new one. You could create different handles that were active at the same time, and then argue with yourself. (Yes, I know that's a straight line.) All that ended when formal registration began in early 2004.

P. S. Someone needs to update BTF's Wiki page.
   146. Rob_Wood Posted: November 22, 2021 at 06:00 PM (#6054084)
Also came over via Neyer's message board. Posting and visiting less for all the reasons mentioned above.
   147. Never Give an Inge (Dave) Posted: November 22, 2021 at 06:21 PM (#6054089)
There was a site called "Clutch Hits" that was definitely around then, either as a separate website or as a page on another one, like the Newsstand is on BTF.

"Clutch Hits" is what the Newsstand was called on Baseball Primer.

It started in December 2000 or early 2001 because this link to the "10,000th Clutch Hit" was posted on Dec. 18, 2003, and it says
Thank you to the readers for making this a great (soon to be) 3 years.
   148. Hombre Brotani Posted: November 22, 2021 at 06:48 PM (#6054098)
Rec.sport.baseball was a miraculous place in the early/mid 90s. Having guys like Clay Davenport respond and email me stuff out of the blue with data, or Chris Dial harangue me over shortstop defense was ####### delightful. I had already been reading Thorn & Palmer, James, etc., so data-driven analysis wasn't new to me, but R.S.B. was a whole new environment for baseball conversations, a far better than the ones I was getting in newspapers or talk radio.
   149. Lassus Posted: November 22, 2021 at 06:55 PM (#6054102)
I didn't cite him as a source for anything, much less a "reliable" one.
...[Berenson] looked at the data and noted that the vaccines were really just a therapeutic (**), and he was 95%+ correct in that statement.

Words. So mysterious.
   150. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 22, 2021 at 07:04 PM (#6054105)
There was a site called "Clutch Hits" that was definitely around then, either as a separate website or as a page on another one, like the Newsstand is on BTF.

"Clutch Hits" is what the Newsstand was called on Baseball Primer.

That explains why the transition seemed so seamless. Thanks for finding the thread that confirmed my memory of the name.

It started in December 2000 or early 2001 because this link to the "10,000th Clutch Hit" was posted on Dec. 18, 2003, and it says
Thank you to the readers for making this a great (soon to be) 3 years.

Okay, I was off by a year. All baseball seasons that ended well kind of run together sometimes, and I guess I must have been talking about the aftermath of the 2000 season when I first came on, not 1999's.
   151. . Posted: November 22, 2021 at 07:15 PM (#6054108)
Words. So mysterious.

That wasn't citing him as a source. Sorry. You once again took a small snippet of what I wrote, quoted it, passed it off as the whole, and presented a misleading picture.
   152. Captain Joe Bivens, Elderly Northeastern Jew Posted: November 22, 2021 at 07:34 PM (#6054110)
Dance, Monkey, dance!!!
   153. base ball chick Posted: November 22, 2021 at 10:41 PM (#6054140)
hello boyz!!!

i found this site because of dan w's "digging in the astro turf" (he sure could write) - the twins were about 6 months and it was november and i was missin baseball. i had started on some other forum - i forget the name - but it was over moderated - john brattain (yes i still miss him) posted there some, but i got tired of so many posters getting kicked out for veering even the littlest bit off topic, so i left

i didn't find this place through john, but had googled astros/astro and dan's column came up and i clicked on and there i was alone with a bunch of smart White guys (mostly White guys) and welp, never left. got me some eddicashun here i surely did

i really miss lots of the guys who don't post no mo. as well as those who are not here no mo

i have a terrible hard time putting someone on ignore and the only one i did was that old guy who said clearly that he didn't see the problem with grown ass men having sex with 13 year old girls. he had to go. but the others - well, they got the right to say their thing no matter how silly and i shrug. it's not like they gonna go all kyle rittenhouse on me

154. Adam Starblind Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:05 PM (#6054145)
Is base ball chick real or a character like Jack O’Keefe and RETARDO?
   155. SoSH U at work Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:10 PM (#6054149)
BBC and Retardo are both real posters who have only used those handles (as far we know). Jack Keefe is (presumably) another Primate who pops in from time to time to comment when the mood strikes him (or he's summoned).

156. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: November 23, 2021 at 05:10 AM (#6054171)
Retardo used other handles, but he was not a sock puppet account for someone else like Jack Keefe.
   157. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: November 23, 2021 at 07:01 AM (#6054174)
I was really early. BBall Prospectus & Neyer were the entries for me, though the old book The Diamond Appraised by Craig Wright was stumbled across and read in 1990 or so (almost by accident, it caught my eye in a used bookstore situation, but I never read that sort of thing).

No clue on the years for when I joined though.
   158. Rough Carrigan Posted: November 23, 2021 at 07:44 AM (#6054179)
And now there's a German study showing that the rates of "vaccination" in the 31 German states correlate with rates of increased excess deaths over long term patterns. More covid-19 "vaccinations" equals more death.

https://meaninginhistory.substack.com/p/a-new-german-study-on-excess-mortality

You can follow the science or believe the CDC. The two are quite distinct.
   159. Ben Broussard Ramjet Posted: November 23, 2021 at 07:44 AM (#6054180)
I've lurked for nearly the entire life of this site, with only occasional forays into posting. Partly this is because I was analytically under-equipped to take part in the more detailed baseball discussions, and in a European timezone, I often wasn't around to comment live on breaking news/game threads live.

I have learned a lot, though. Starting off as a baseball fan when the coverage of the sport was still finding its feet on the Internet, it was invaluable to fill in some of the larger gaps in my knowledge, especially on the history of the game and retired legends. When your exposure starts off in the late 90s as two random MLB games broadcast at 1am local time plus whatever splatters onto the ESPN comments pages, you're in desperate need of context for what you're learning.
   160. Ben Broussard Ramjet Posted: November 23, 2021 at 07:54 AM (#6054184)
And, in case anyone is so gullible as to believe 158 above, a quick look at https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid will reassure you that it continues to be nonsense. Compare, for example, excess deaths from all causes in Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania (low vaccination rates) with France, Spain, and Portugal (high vaccination rates). Unless one was foolish enough to believe in a global conspiracy involving millions of medical professionals that can only be uncovered by some reliably incorrect blogs, then the rantings can be safely ignored.
   161. Ron J Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:11 AM (#6054188)
#160 Of course. Rough's a proven idiot.
   162. McCoy Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:32 AM (#6054190)
If we're talking history I discovered this place at some point in 2001 but didn't pay it much attention until about midway through the 2002 season. My usage grew until about the Petco thread where the mystique and aura of the place and posters finally wore off and I realized they're all just like me and became a regular poster from then on out.
   163. Zonk demands an audit of your post Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:38 AM (#6054191)
#160 Of course. Rough's a proven idiot.

Why, because he's relying on a substack from a guy who claims to be a retired FBI agent who can't "paste in the spread chart" for his science?
   164. Jack Keefe Posted: November 23, 2021 at 09:51 AM (#6054214)
I of been on Pimper since our glory Sox season of Ought Five led by Ozzie Guillen Al. And I will let all you Bozos know that I am no Sock Poppet. I am John Aloysius Margaret Mary Keefe of Terre Haute, Ind. and I am 18 credicts shy of an AA from Ivy Tech Kokomo and I pitched in the Majors from 2004 threw whenever the Hell it was they Deified me. Do not listen to some Ball of Wax who tells you I am some kind of Muppet Al. It is true I am Fictional and do not Exist but that is a whole nother Kettle of Fish.
   165. The Duke Posted: November 23, 2021 at 10:29 AM (#6054226)
Someone said they wanted to buy BBTF and run with it since it seems to have atrophied. Certainly is a loyal, smart group of people as core users to make that worthwhile.
   166. Nasty Nate Posted: November 23, 2021 at 10:34 AM (#6054229)
Keith's connection to the Kennedys on Seinfeld was more amusing than this.
   167. David Nieporent (now, with children) Posted: November 23, 2021 at 10:35 AM (#6054232)
And, in case anyone is so gullible as to believe 158 above, a quick look at https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid will reassure you that it continues to be nonsense. Compare, for example, excess deaths from all causes in Russia, Bulgaria, and Romania (low vaccination rates) with France, Spain, and Portugal (high vaccination rates). Unless one was foolish enough to believe in a global conspiracy involving millions of medical professionals that can only be uncovered by some reliably incorrect blogs, then the rantings can be safely ignored.
No, no, RC is quoting a newsletter written by a retired FBI agent whose apparent claim to fame is that he was the B-I-L of a Russian spy, that cites another newsletter, written by an electrical engineer/COVID truther, that cites a blog (I'm betting in a language he doesn't read, but that's just icing on the cake) written by a former journalist that cites an unpublished word document (ditto) that calls itself a "study," conducted by two psychologists at the direction of a German politician of some sort. So it must be reliable.
   168. Adam Starblind Posted: November 23, 2021 at 10:39 AM (#6054234)
. Someone said they wanted to buy BBTF and run with it since it seems to have atrophied. Certainly is a loyal, smart group of people as core users to make that worthwhile.

That was me. The idea is to rebrand around the Hall of Merit, with the newsblog as a feature. I have no idea how to operate a website though, so I’d need a partner.
   169. Never Give an Inge (Dave) Posted: November 23, 2021 at 11:47 AM (#6054247)
All cause mortality in the UK is significantly higher in the unvaccinated than the fully vaccinated, once adjusting for age. Not going to click on an Alex Berenson link, but I'm guessing these "studies" fail to account for the fact that older and at-risk people have higher rates of vaccination than younger people, especially in the UK, so overall mortality will be higher in the vaccinated group unless you adjust for age.

Link from the UK ONS
   170. . Posted: November 23, 2021 at 01:32 PM (#6054271)
There's no reason to believe mortality would be worse among the vaccinated, other than for the reasons Dave mentioned. It's another one of those silly things that give real inquiry a bad name.

It appears for all the world that this is yet another one of those things where the truth is somewhere between the tribes.(*) The rightist claims are absurd and at the other pole, the vaccines don't come close to the spread-stopping features attributed to them. The rightist loons would proceed from that observation to the silly claim that the whole vaccination idea is a fraud and a hoax, and that's ridiculous, too. The leftist loons would point at the rightist loons and say to normal rational people, "If you don't fully agree with us, look at the company you keep," and that's preposterous, too. We don't take them seriously when they do that, which they still don't quite grasp -- and yet they persist.

Both houses. Pox.

(*) Hint: Until the emotional tribal commitments are dispensed with, you're going to get to actual, rational truth only by accident.
   171. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 23, 2021 at 01:35 PM (#6054274)
No, no, RC is quoting a newsletter written by a retired FBI agent whose apparent claim to fame is that he was the B-I-L of a Russian spy, that cites another newsletter, written by an electrical engineer/COVID truther, that cites a blog (I'm betting in a language he doesn't read, but that's just icing on the cake) written by a former journalist that cites an unpublished word document (ditto) that calls itself a "study," conducted by two psychologists at the direction of a German politician of some sort. So it must be reliable.

Since Fox News is now looking to fill a couple of vacancies, it looks like they've found their man.
   172. base ball chick Posted: November 23, 2021 at 04:13 PM (#6054310)
Adam Starblind Posted: November 22, 2021 at 11:05 PM (#6054145)

Is base ball chick real or a character like Jack O’Keefe and RETARDO?

- SERIOUSLY???!!!

i thought i was finished with all that - you can't be a female - horse**** because You People don't like baseball blahblahblah

grow the EFF up dude
   173. The Yankee Clapper Posted: November 23, 2021 at 04:43 PM (#6054321)
This place didn't exist in 1999. Baseball reference came online in 2000 and a year later this site (well, Primer) got hot linked to BRef.
Is that correct, or just making a distinction between BBTF and the earlier Primer? My memory could be off, but I thought I found this place fairly early in the Yankee Renaissance, when some folks were still eagerly announcing that Derek Jeter really wasn’t that good, and somewhat later others were going ballistic over the Roger Clemens trade.

Since this is something of a meta thread, I think it’s fair to say that there has long been some tension between those who came here for the baseball, with that remaining their motivation, and those who may have arrived for similar reasons but later decided they wanted to regularly discuss everything under the sun, or at least their favorite topics, with those they found here. I don’t think that was a problem until OTP became a constant presence atop Hot Topics, which made it a somewhat rude welcome to newcomers (along with the introductory refrain of “Is that you, Kevin?” to those who actually ventured in).

There may be something to be said for the claim that Twitter has displaced all sorts of Internet comment sites, not just BBTF, but the lack of effort here makes it difficult to tell. Even a minimal redesign would be a vast improvement on the current product. Some suggestions:

1. Redo the home page to emphasize what people care about. Get rid of the 2014 Game Chatters! Their presence suggests the site has been abandoned. Same for the Featured section, which is at the top of the page but receives little response. Make it about the Newsblog and Hall of Merit.

2. Get someone (or more than one) to take responsibility for green lighting user-submissions for the Newsblog. Those ‘with keys’ do OK with their own submissions, but the site was much better when anyone could post an interesting article. Most have now given up on that because the process simply doesn’t work, although the website still makes it appear that our submissions are welcomed.

3. Encourage people to do a better job tagging their submissions. It’s always been difficult to find stuff once they’re off the main page of the Newsblog or Hot Topics. At a minimum the team tags should be searchable from the main page.

4. I’m doubtful that the Hall of Merit can revive BBTF. I realize some do good work in that area, but not that many participate based on my rare perusals. But maybe I’m wrong, so update it. And add some explanation as to what it is, and what type of content will be included.

There’s more, but that would be a start.
   174. Tom Nawrocki Posted: November 23, 2021 at 04:57 PM (#6054332)
3. Encourage people to do a better job tagging their submissions. It’s always been difficult to find stuff once they’re off the main page of the Newsblog or Hot Topics. At a minimum the team tags should be searchable from the main page.

It's been a while since I've submitted a story, but my recollection is that the tagging process was irretrievably broken, making it almost impossible to use. More than once, I gave up on submitting something because the form wouldn't let me submit without a tag, and also wouldn't allow me to use the existing tags.

I suspect this would be a very easy technological fix.
   175. cardsfanboy Posted: November 23, 2021 at 05:59 PM (#6054342)
It's been a while since I've submitted a story, but my recollection is that the tagging process was irretrievably broken, making it almost impossible to use. More than once, I gave up on submitting something because the form wouldn't let me submit without a tag, and also wouldn't allow me to use the existing tags.

It's thoroughly annoying, if you make a mistake and don't put all the right options, and click submit, it makes you restart over completely, instead of holding onto what you already did and say "you didn't fill this part out correctly."
   176. The Gary DiSarcina Fan Club (JAHV) Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:00 PM (#6054362)
When used properly - and this tends to be the case on the discord OTP - the ability to do multimedia enhances not detracts.

Jumping in late on this, but count me among those who love the fact that there are no pictures, GIFs, memes, or videos on here. The problem is that the bolded is, in my opinion, begging the question. I don't think we can ever come to an objective definition of the proper way to use multimedia on discussion boards. Some love using memes and GIFs as a reply to every comment, which drives me insane. I doubt the posters on this site would overuse them as I've seen in other places, but once you open that door, who's to say what "proper" really means? This is my safe haven to read well-written* discourse on baseball-related topics** without a deluge of videos and images. For every well-timed Simpsons clip there will be four GIFs of farm animals doing something zany.

*Mostly well-written, although I'm one of the poorer writers here, so I can't complain.

**Mostly baseball, although I'm very excited that an OT - NHL thread popped up!
   177. Srul Itza Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:22 PM (#6054365)
I doubt the posters on this site would overuse them as I've seen in other places,

Hmmm.

In every pre-registration thread of any length, we could count on a "Behold" from the "Bearded Wizard", an "Are you the biggest idiot ever" from "Randall" and "It's a trap" from "Admiral Ackbar"*, among others. Pre-meme memes. Then there were the ones we invented like "Is that even legal?"

Just sayin'.

*Usually followed by "It's a tarp" from "Vince Coleman". These things did seem to multiply.
   178. the Hugh Jorgan returns Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:37 PM (#6054376)
*Usually followed by "It's a tarp" from "Vince Coleman". These things did seem to multiply.

I hear Soriano is available...

Partly this is because I was analytically under-equipped to take part in the more detailed baseball discussions

Eff that. I post all the time, and have been for nearly 20 years, and compared to most of these posters, I know very little about analytics. However the site is entertaining and the baseball info is off the charts great. Sure, you get the occasional Kevin or JoeyB, but hey it's the internet , you gotta expect that. I never ignore anyone. If a thread goes downhill IMHO, I just tune out and find another one.

Clapper's ideas in 173 are great. Even if he is one of those right wing guys!
   179. Adam Starblind Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:46 PM (#6054380)
i thought i was finished with all that - you can't be a female - horse**** because You People don't like baseball blahblahblah

grow the EFF up dude

Oh, I’m sorry, that’s not it at all. Just wondering if you’re a parody account.
   180. Infinite Yost (Voxter) Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:46 PM (#6054381)
You know what I don't miss? The relentless Piazza-is-gay jokes, followed by endless discourses about how that wasn't actually homophobic.
   181. . Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:54 PM (#6054382)
Wasn't Piazza the real "homophobe" by denying it for so long?
   182. base ball chick Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:59 PM (#6054385)
Adam Starblind Posted: November 23, 2021 at 08:46 PM (#6054380)

grow the EFF up dude

Oh, I’m sorry, that’s not it at all. Just wondering if you’re a parody account.

NO
i am not a ****ing parody account. i am a real live woman who is a serious baseball fan. ive been here for almost 20 years. parody my ass
   183. Jose Has Absurd Goosebump Arms Posted: November 23, 2021 at 09:01 PM (#6054386)
So I just looked at the GameChatter channel. There are 426 pages of game chatters listed so it is not a trivial manner to hide them all. FWIW the oldest one;

NY Mets 69-65 at Florida 71-63 6:05pm ET

K. Benson (9-6, 3.91) vs. J. Beckett (12-8, 3.62)

The link is http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/preview/MLB_20050903_NYM@FLA which to no surprise is a dead link.

Here’s a link to the oldest page of game chatters.
   184. The Yankee Clapper Posted: November 23, 2021 at 09:41 PM (#6054408)
There are 426 pages of game chatters listed so it is not a trivial manner to hide them all.
They wouldn’t have to be completely hidden, you could just have a link to Game Chatters 2000-2014, or whatever the exact timeframe is, for those who might want to revisit those games. That would be more helpful than the perpetually frozen April 27, 2014 links.
   185. Jose Has Absurd Goosebump Arms Posted: November 23, 2021 at 09:47 PM (#6054411)
The way it works (or at least the way I know how to make it work) what I can do is activate/deactivate them. To do that I’d have to click each page, highlight the whole list and mark them inactive, then do the next page. I don’t have the ability to make the change you suggest unfortunately because it’s a good idea.
   186. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 23, 2021 at 11:14 PM (#6054438)
You know what I don't miss? The relentless Piazza-is-gay jokes, followed by endless discourses about how that wasn't actually homophobic.

Those were lame as it gets, but nothing's as lame as the constant "your mom" jokes on Discord. At least those Piazza and Ackbar jokes died a natural death.
   187. McCoy Posted: November 23, 2021 at 11:41 PM (#6054440)
Homophobic actually means something. Making fun of gayness does not make one homophobic. Probably makes them a bigot, definitely prejudiced and inappropriate.

There was a time when the term homophobia was probably a decent catch all term since a lot of the issues stemmed from a fear of homosexuality.
   188. The Duke Posted: November 24, 2021 at 08:38 AM (#6054450)
There’s a lot of really good analytic writers at various sites. Another obvious thing to do is reach out to them and ask them to join and see if you can get a few of them to participate. I’m on a couple blogs that have 4-5 excellent analytic writers/posters that would love interacting with the people here. Having said that, I’ve found that most of them have zero interest in historical baseball topics. But they being a wealth of knowledge about how to use and interpret things like the data at baseball savant which I never see discussed here. Most of it is over my head especially when they start going on about seam shifted wake, but a lot of sabr stuff was like that 20 years ago.
   189. Greg Pope Posted: November 24, 2021 at 10:17 AM (#6054457)
Homophobic actually means something. Making fun of gayness does not make one homophobic. Probably makes them a bigot, definitely prejudiced and inappropriate.

There was a time when the term homophobia was probably a decent catch all term since a lot of the issues stemmed from a fear of homosexuality.

Except that language changes. The word homophobic now actually does mean bigot, prejudiced, and inappropriate. If everybody uses a word in a certain way, then that's the definition.

I mean, the term reboot used to mean starting a franchise over. Like the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Now it just means "sequel after a long time". Kind of annoying but nothing one person can do so there's no real point in railing against it.
   190. Jose Has Absurd Goosebump Arms Posted: November 24, 2021 at 10:22 AM (#6054459)
Like the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Now it just means "sequel after a long time".

Is this true? I'm not a Battlestar Galactica guy so I can't really comment but it seems to me that even something like Blade Runner 2049 was called a sequel while Star Trek was a reboot. Is that not consistent?
   191. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 24, 2021 at 10:42 AM (#6054460)

And not even necessarily all of the above, any more than laughing at at J. B. Smoove's Leon in Curb Your Enthusiasm makes one a bigot. It kind of depends on context, a concept which itself seems to be on the verge of being cancelled.

--------------

Except that language changes. The word homophobic now actually does mean bigot, prejudiced, and inappropriate. If everybody uses a word in a certain way, then that's the definition.

That's true only if by "everybody" you mean only those people who use the word that way. Being accused of a state of mind is not the same thing as actually being guilty of it.
   192. Jeff R. Posted: November 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM (#6054470)
It appears for all the world that this is yet another one of those things where the truth is somewhere between the tribes.(*) The rightist claims are absurd and at the other pole, the vaccines don't come close to the spread-stopping features attributed to them. The rightist loons would proceed from that observation to the silly claim that the whole vaccination idea is a fraud and a hoax, and that's ridiculous, too. The leftist loons would point at the rightist loons and say to normal rational people, "If you don't fully agree with us, look at the company you keep," and that's preposterous, too. We don't take them seriously when they do that, which they still don't quite grasp -- and yet they persist.

Both houses. Pox.

(*) Hint: Until the emotional tribal commitments are dispensed with, you're going to get to actual, rational truth only by accident.

Good lord. You write like a frat boy trying to get a pretty, dim-witted co-ed to sleep with him by telling her how cool and apolitical he is.
   193. KronicFatigue Posted: November 24, 2021 at 12:51 PM (#6054475)
Late to the party, but I want to chime in b/c I found this meta conversation so interesting. I'm in my early 40's and a combination of this site, Rob Neyer, and Fire Joe Morgan all contributed to my 2nd peak interest in baseball (1st being childhood). My friends and I were in college, and liked the Moneyball vs conventional wisdom wars. We felt "smarter" than some of the GM's etc and following along with the analytics made sense. It didn't hurt that fantasy baseball became a thing and we did very well for years because we were ahead of the mainstream curve.

But as mentioned many comments ago, the war is over. The conventional thinkers are out of the game for the most part, and quite frankly, the math has grown beyond my comprehension. I was good at math in college, but college was twenty years ago.

I no longer care about baseball as much as I used to. Soccer took over and somehow basketball is creeping back into my life. Soccer is just extremely enjoyable to watch (for me), and basketball is experiencing it's Moneyball revolution (on a level I can sorta follow).

I love this website and primates. Yes, I get bummed that there aren't more comments per thread, but the community is so unique. The basketball and soccer threads are the first places I go to when I want to see what people are talking about on the subjects. I LOVE when threads go off topic and do a deep dive on random stuff like mayo or people not finding seinfeld funny.

I think there was a certain "type" of person who was drawn to this site 20 years ago. There's a lot of diversity within that type, but something just makes it all gel in the threads.

I very much dislike when primates personally fight each other. I find that ruins threads.
   194. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 24, 2021 at 01:10 PM (#6054476)
I very much dislike when primates personally fight each other. I find that ruins threads.

You should go look at Discord, where about half a dozen characters routinely take turns staging hours-long food fights with each other. It's much worse there than it used to be here, when the likes of David, RETARDO and Kevin were in full form, because on BTF at least the food fights / flame wars were sometimes amusing. Over there, they're just tedious and neverending. And that's not even counting the endless "your mom" jokes.

195. What did Billy Ripken have against ElRoy Face? Posted: November 24, 2021 at 01:27 PM (#6054477)
Come on, the mom jokes have decreased significantly lately. Granted, the starting point was rather high.
   196. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 24, 2021 at 01:38 PM (#6054478)
I haven't calculated percentages, but not a day goes by without at least a few of them. It's as if Primates here in 2001 were still making "Where's the beef?" a part of their everyday repartee.
   197. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 24, 2021 at 02:28 PM (#6054484)
Lassus Today at 12:14 PM
Hell, I was pretty blown away by Ziggy Stardust and Talking Heads 77 when I was 16.

Nakagura775 Today at 12:24 PM

Your mom blew me when I was 16.
   198. . Posted: November 24, 2021 at 02:31 PM (#6054485)
The idea that things would be "better" on Discord than here was comical from the inception.

You should go look at Discord, where about half a dozen characters routinely take turns staging hours-long food fights with each other. It's much worse there than it used to be here, when the likes of David, RETARDO and Kevin were in full form,

Somehow, his obsession with Kevin (or "Kevin," I could never figure out which) was/is even weirder than his obsession with me.

199. John DiFool2 Posted: November 24, 2021 at 02:34 PM (#6054486)
Whatever happened to Ray?
   200. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 24, 2021 at 02:43 PM (#6054487)
Whatever happened to Ray?

After 14 years he finally packed it in without any warning. I wouldn't be surprised if his newly acquired wife had something to do with his decision. I'm just glad he stuck around long enough to pay off the $1000 election bet he had with me. (Trump against the field, a proposition he offered in 2019.) He may be a bit weird, but at least he's doesn't duck his financial obligations.
Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 > 

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
aleskel
for his generous support.

You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.

Hot Topics

NewsblogTom Goodwin, former Boston Red Sox coach, says MLB bullied coaches into getting COVID-19 vaccine: ‘There was no choice’
(131 - 9:03am, Jan 27)
Last: Zonk demands an audit of your post

NewsblogMLB, union stopped blood testing for HGH due to pandemic
(480 - 8:44am, Jan 27)
Last: Lassus

NewsblogThis War Needs Some Ground Rules
(11 - 8:29am, Jan 27)
Last: Steve Balboni's Personal Trainer

NewsblogBaseball Hall of Fame tracker 2022
(1184 - 8:22am, Jan 27)
Last: DL from MN

NewsblogDavid Ortiz Lone Inductee Into Hall of Fame
(72 - 7:56am, Jan 27)
Last: Lassus

NewsblogNBA 2021-2022 Season Thread
(2175 - 7:42am, Jan 27)
Last: jmurph

NewsblogBest baseball movies based on a true story
(21 - 3:25am, Jan 27)
Last: Hombre Brotani

NewsblogTexas starts No. 1, SEC dominates top 10 in preseason college baseball rankings
(16 - 7:38pm, Jan 26)
Last: RoyalsRetro (AG#1F)

NewsblogBraves, A’s Discussed Matt Olson Prior To Lockout
(6 - 5:34pm, Jan 26)
Last: A triple short of the cycle

Sox TherapyDavid Ortiz - Postseason Hero, Clutch God, HALL OF FAMER
(3 - 5:34pm, Jan 26)
Last: pikepredator

NewsblogWhistlePigs and $2 beers: Minor league clubs ‘kicked out of baseball’ face uncertain future, liberation in exile
(5 - 3:25pm, Jan 26)
Last: Traderdave

Hall of MeritHeavy Johnson
(64 - 1:21pm, Jan 26)
Last: James Newburg

NewsblogMLBPA drops age-based free agency proposal as negotiations on new labor deal continue: Source
(22 - 12:09pm, Jan 26)
Last: base ball chick

NewsblogFrontier League adds sudden-death tiebreaker to extra-innings games in 2022
(21 - 8:51am, Jan 26)
Last: DL from MN

Hall of Merit2023 Hall of Merit Ballot Discussion
(150 - 8:42am, Jan 26)
Last: Chris Cobb

Page rendered in 0.6203 seconds
45 querie(s) executed