Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

KEN HARRELSON NAMED 2020 FORD C. FRICK AWARD WINNER

(COOPERSTOWN, NY) – Ken Harrelson, who became a Chicago icon while calling White Sox games for 34 of his 43 years behind the mic, has been selected as the 2020 recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award, presented annually for excellence in broadcasting by the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.

Harrelson will be recognized during the Hall of Fame Awards Presentation on Saturday, July 25, as part of Hall of Fame Weekend 2020. Harrelson becomes the 44th winner of the Frick Award, as he earned the highest point total in a vote conducted by the Hall of Fame’s 15-member Frick Award Committee.

The final ballot featured broadcasters whose main contributions were realized as team announcers, identified as the Current Major League Markets ballot. The eight finalists were: Joe Castiglione, Jacques Doucet, Tom Hamilton, Pat Hughes, Ned Martin, Mike Shannon, Dewayne Staats and Harrelson.

“Ken Harrelson created a bond between the White Sox and their fans with his unabashed love of South Side Chicago baseball,” said Tim Mead, President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. “Each time he stepped into the booth, ‘Hawk’ called the game with the passion of a fan and the knowledge of an MLB All-Star. As the narrator for some of the greatest moments in White Sox history, including the franchise’s 2005 World Series championship, Ken’s voice will echo for all time throughout the Windy City.”

Somehow, I doubt the people who came up with the Ford C. Frick Award were meaning for it to devolve into a participation trophy….

QLE Posted: December 11, 2019 at 02:12 PM | 67 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: ford c. frick award, ken harrelson

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. Traderdave Posted: December 11, 2019 at 02:40 PM (#5907862)
Just shoot me.
   2. The usual palaver and twaddle (Met Fan Charlie) Posted: December 11, 2019 at 02:41 PM (#5907864)
Oy...
   3. salvomania Posted: December 11, 2019 at 02:45 PM (#5907866)
Lifetime Longevity Award
   4. RJ in TO Posted: December 11, 2019 at 02:58 PM (#5907872)
The youngest person on that list of finalists is 64.
   5. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:00 PM (#5907874)
Man, this is second in stupidity, behind only giving the child molester the Spink award.
   6. Cris E Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:02 PM (#5907875)
I wonder what "excellence in broadcasting" translates to in English...
   7. PreservedFish Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:04 PM (#5907876)
what
   8. Tulo's Fishy Mullet (mrams) Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:26 PM (#5907882)
Can we organize a walkout of the attendees during his speech?
   9. Bug Selig Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:38 PM (#5907888)
This is worse than Baines.
   10. cookiedabookie Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:44 PM (#5907892)
Feels like the Twilight Zone
   11. RoyalFlush Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:47 PM (#5907894)
I really don't know much about the list of Frick winners. Would it be fair to say if you call major league baseball for 20 years, you're going to get it?
   12. . Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:49 PM (#5907895)
The relentless ridicule of Hawk around here never made a lick of sense and the things for which he seems to be criticized are either harmless or a positive good and part of what makes baseball ... you know ... colorful and enjoyable. In point of fact, in his prime, Ken Harrelson was a terrific announcer with a big audience. Great pipes, played the game, knew the game, communicated his knowledge. It's great -- smile-and-warmth-inducing great -- that he's getting this award.(*) He will love and cherish it and it's a very nice gesture for him and his family. It's a terrific capper for a long and distinguished career of service to and enjoyment of the game. Good for him.

Do you guys actually like anything about baseball beyond the mainstream analytical narrative of the sport and the numbers it churns out? Do you get enjoyment out of the presentation of the game to the paying and watching customers?? Why is there such a disconnect between your perspective and the people who decide things like the Frick award?(**) Do you smile at anything about baseball? Seriously.

(*) By that, I mean when I pulled up the story memories of his broadcasts and the bestowing of the award put a smile on my face.

(**) Or for that matter, voting for the main Hall. Why do you spend so much of your lives insisting that people are utterly, totally, irredeemably, hopelessly wrong about ... baseball? It's people being "wrong" about baseball that gets you this worked up. How does that happen? Serious question.
   13. Pasta-diving Jeter (jmac66) Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:54 PM (#5907896)
These Onion articles are getting more and more ridiculous (wait...WHAT??)
   14. RJ in TO Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:57 PM (#5907897)
I really don't know much about the list of Frick winners. Would it be fair to say if you call major league baseball for 20 years, you're going to get it?
Not necessarily, but calling baseball for twenty years seems to basically be the minimum for consideration.
   15. jmurph Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:59 PM (#5907898)
We gotta start putting money on these kinds of things because I would have put my mortgage down on post 12 eventually appearing.
   16. jmurph Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:01 PM (#5907900)
12. . Posted: December 11, 2019 at 03:49 PM (#5907895)
Why do you spend so much of your lives insisting that people are utterly, totally, irredeemably, hopelessly wrong about ... baseball? It's people being "wrong" about baseball that gets you this worked up. How does that happen? Serious question.

*Thinking face emoji*
Total Comments 41035
   17. Lassus Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:06 PM (#5907901)
"Why do you care about anything" is kinda Ray's shtick, SBB.

(*) By that, I mean when I pulled up the story memories of his broadcasts and the bestowing of the award put a smile on my face.

So for those who it doesn't, what are we actually allowed to disagree about?
   18. Pasta-diving Jeter (jmac66) Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:07 PM (#5907902)
Would it be fair to say if you call major league baseball for 20 years, you're going to get it?

pretty much--Jimmy Dudley won it years ago and he was the Indians announcer when I was growing up and I knew he was an idiot when I was 10
   19. Traderdave Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:20 PM (#5907905)
SBB's posts can be entertaining when read in a Foghorn Leghorn voice, but that one was probably best read like Gore Vidal.

20. the Hugh Jorgan returns Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:27 PM (#5907907)
Do you get enjoyment out of the presentation of the game to the paying and watching customers?

Why of course we do.

It just that Hawk contributed very little to that enjoyment itself. Harrelson was the very definition of grating.

I usually enjoy your posts however this one in support of Harrelson is just straight up trolling and flat out tedious. C'mon man, you are usually a little more clever then that.
   21. RJ in TO Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:37 PM (#5907911)
If you think someone is trolling, just put them on ignore. Announcing that you think they're trolling, then quoting and responding to them kind of defeats the whole point.
   22. Moses Taylor, glorified meat shield Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:48 PM (#5907917)
A lot of White Sox fans who actually like Hawk liked him because of how much everyone else hated him. They already have a pretty big inferiority complex being the little brother around here. You'd be hard pressed to find any White Sox fan who actually thought he was good at his job - believe me, I've been trying for years.

Now, I always got a kick of Hawk, especially when something terrible would happen to the Sox (and I am not someone who is anti-Sox, in all honesty the White Sox are probably my second favorite team and I know more about them than any other non-Cubs team). But I also enjoy watching terrible movies on occasion.
   23. SoSH U at work Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:53 PM (#5907918)
Like Hitler, he was OK in the beginning (he made an entertaining pairing with Wimpy back in the early 90s, when I used to watch Sox games with my father in law).
   24. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: December 11, 2019 at 04:57 PM (#5907920)
A lot of White Sox fans who actually like Hawk liked him because of how much everyone else hated him. They already have a pretty big inferiority complex being the little brother around here.

Sounds like the mentality of a lot of supporters of someone else who's often in the news.

You'd be hard pressed to find any White Sox fan who actually thought he was good at his job - believe me, I've been trying for years

These folks go by the name of "#NeverHawks".

EDIT: But in fairness, I can understand some of the love for Hawk. Hell, I can even enjoy Sterling for about 5 minutes at a time. That's baseball, Suzyn.
   25. What did Billy Ripken have against ElRoy Face? Posted: December 11, 2019 at 05:07 PM (#5907924)
The relentless ridicule of Hawk around here never made a lick of sense and the things for which he seems to be criticized are either harmless or a positive good and part of what makes baseball ... you know ... colorful and enjoyable.
Just out of curiosity, do you remember a time when you agreed with someone about something?
   26. the Hugh Jorgan returns Posted: December 11, 2019 at 05:22 PM (#5907928)
If you think someone is trolling, just put them on ignore. Announcing that you think they're trolling, then quoting and responding to them kind of defeats the whole point.

Mate, I don't put anyone on ignore. I always find guys like JoeyB and some of the other banned posters entertaining. However the posts need to be at least be somewhat clever. Straight up trolling is just tedious. I want to be entertained!
   27. JL72 Posted: December 11, 2019 at 05:23 PM (#5907929)
I went to college with a guy who was a big White Sox fan.

He loved Harrelsson and thought he was an idiot announcer who was mediocre at best.

I don't think those are mutually exclusive.
   28. Moses Taylor, glorified meat shield Posted: December 11, 2019 at 05:28 PM (#5907931)
He loved Harrelsson and thought he was an idiot announcer who was mediocre at best.

You will not get much disagreement from many non-William Ligue type fans.
   29. Itchy Row Posted: December 11, 2019 at 05:51 PM (#5907940)
The all caps headline makes it easier to read this in Hawk's "YOU GOTTA BE BLEEPIN' ME" voice.
   30. The Duke Posted: December 11, 2019 at 06:33 PM (#5907945)
23. You mean this part of hitler was ok ?

The Nazis embraced the concept of racial hygiene. On 15 September 1935, Hitler presented two laws—known as the Nuremberg Laws—to the Reichstag. The laws banned sexual relations and marriages between Aryans and Jews and were later extended to include "Gypsies, Negroes or their bastard offspring".The laws stripped all non-Aryans of their German citizenship and forbade the employment of non-Jewish women under the age of 45 in Jewish households. Hitler's early eugenic policies targeted children with physical and developmental disabilities in a programme dubbed Action Brandt, and he later authorised a euthanasia programme for adults with serious mental and physical disabilities, now referred to as Aktion T4

I think it’s always a a safe bet to stay away from hitler stuff

31. Never Give an Inge (Dave) Posted: December 11, 2019 at 06:42 PM (#5907947)

#30 I assume it's a Marge Schott reference and not a reflection of SoSH's own views:

In an interview with The New York Times published on Nov. 29, 1992, Schott said, "Hitler was good in the beginning, but he went too far."
   32. Cris E Posted: December 11, 2019 at 06:44 PM (#5907948)
(hitler stuff)

OK, maybe a bit further back. How was he in 1908?
   33. Los Angeles El Hombre of Anaheim Posted: December 11, 2019 at 07:47 PM (#5907961)
When I read a Hitler reference out in the wild, my first impulse is to check to see if it's Marge Schott-related.
   34. The Duke Posted: December 11, 2019 at 08:17 PM (#5907965)
Reinsdorf today

“We told them (drysdale and Harrelson) to give network, top-quality broadcasting and it went over like a lead balloon and I discovered Chicago wants homers,” Reinsdorf said. “Now that I’ve been in Chicago for over 60 years, I’ve discovered that we are not sports fans in Chicago, we are fans of our teams. No one really cares about what’s going on in the Southeastern Conference or what happens when Pittsburgh plays Atlanta. So when Hawk came back for the second time, we turned him loose.”

That should be on his tombstone both in the Hall and literally
   35. PreservedFish Posted: December 11, 2019 at 08:29 PM (#5907967)
#30 - Hold on. Are you telling me Hitler was racist?
   36. Lassus Posted: December 11, 2019 at 08:31 PM (#5907968)
23. You mean this part of hitler was ok ?

FYI, and it's hard to peg without knowing, but this is an oft-used bit of mockery here. It's super-hyperbole (superbole?) quoting the dipshits who actually have used this defense throughout history, and no one, especially SoSH, actually thinks Hitler started out OK but went too far.
   37. Walt Davis Posted: December 11, 2019 at 09:42 PM (#5907976)
No one really cares about what’s going on in the Southeastern Conference

I suppose with the advent of ESPN and the growth in sports betting, things changed long ago ... or maybe my experience was just different from reality ... but growing up in Chicago, I didn't know anybody who cared much about college sports, other than Notre Dame football. Some of that was just the time -- U of Illinois wasn't good at anything in those days, Northwestern was of course a joke in all ways athletically, eventually Aguirre and DePaul caught the city's imagination only to lose it soon after. But I always assumed this was just pretty standard in big cities with pro teams. UCLA basketball and USC football must have held some sway in LA but certainly NY had no reason to engage in college sports fandom (until sorta St Johns and the Big East). Maybe a "crossover" city like Atlanta would have had a balance of college/pro interest.

As to not caring about Pitt vs Atl -- isn't that true in every big-league city (or at least more true than not). Back in the day, NBC's game of the week on Sat didn't have an "exclusive monopoly" set-up -- i.e. if the local team had an afternoon game, they could still broadcast it on local TV in competition with the GoW ... and I'm pretty sure the GoW got beat handily in any market where that happened. Baseball is a very local game, probably even more than the other major sports ... it had to be if you wanted people to turn up 81 days a year.
   38. Red Voodooin Posted: December 11, 2019 at 10:03 PM (#5907978)
Bigger story here is that Pat Hughes was snubbed. His day will come though and soon hopefully. He's simply wonderful.
   39. MuttsIdolCochrane Posted: December 12, 2019 at 06:21 AM (#5908013)
Ken Harrelson, a dumb clown deserving of no awards, wins for contributions to the game? For what skils? I guess making fans dumber when they actually listen to you is a skill. Truly a joke.
   40. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: December 12, 2019 at 08:28 AM (#5908016)
Like Hitler, he was OK in the beginning (he made an entertaining pairing with Wimpy back in the early 90s, when I used to watch Sox games with my father in law).

Who is “Wimpy”, and why was he collaborating with Hitler?
   41. MuttsIdolCochrane Posted: December 12, 2019 at 08:33 AM (#5908019)
Wimpy is Tom Paciorek. Ans skills not skils, sorry.
   42. TRBMB Posted: December 12, 2019 at 09:01 AM (#5908024)
Whomever wins this and the Spink Award is harmless, as long as they don't go suggesting they are thus inducted into the Hall Of Fame. It's an award, not an induction. Of course most winners do in fact declare themselves as inductees, so I suspect Harrelson will step up to that plate. Ego prevails.
   43. Greg Pope Posted: December 12, 2019 at 09:53 AM (#5908046)
I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is another Reinsdorf thing. He's clearly turning into the second coming of Frankie Frisch.
   44. SoSH U at work Posted: December 12, 2019 at 10:11 AM (#5908051)
Just to clarify for Duke, as others noted my post was not actually pro-Hitler at any point in his life, but was a reference to Marge's comment.
   45. Bourbon Samurai stays in the fight Posted: December 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM (#5908059)
I didn't mind all of his little "ducksnorts" or "put it on the booooooooaaard" affectations.

My biggest beef with Harrelson was that he would go silent or sulk when the White Sox weren't doing well. You could have a tremendously exciting change of lead in the 8th inning and if you had the game on while you were working you wouldn't be able to tell anything significant had happened because he'd go monosyllabic. I'd much rather a Chip Caray style homer who would at least give me a good, "OH NO DISASTER" when things go wrong for his club.

46. Greg Pope Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM (#5908067)
Just to clarify for Duke, as others noted my post was not actually pro-Hitler at any point in his life, but was a reference to Marge's comment.

So, apparently about 5 years after Marge was suspended, Bobby Hull said the same thing. Like, literally:

"Hitler, for example, had some good ideas. He just went a little bit too far," the Hall of Fame player told the English-language Moscow Times.

How are you that stupid? I guess playing hockey without a helmet your whole life may be the answer to that question.
   47. Esoteric Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:11 AM (#5908072)
What is Primer coming to when we don't all immediately recognize an obvious Marge Schott reference? Aren't we all Olds here anyway?
   48. SoSH U at work Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:16 AM (#5908077)
So, apparently about 5 years after Marge was suspended, Bobby Hull said the same thing. Like, literally:

I was a sports editor when Bobby made that comment. My headline was something like, "Hull fires Slap Schott."
   49. jmurph Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:28 AM (#5908091)
That's good work SoSH.
   50. Moses Taylor, glorified meat shield Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:31 AM (#5908095)
Reinsdorf today

“We told them (drysdale and Harrelson) to give network, top-quality broadcasting and it went over like a lead balloon and I discovered Chicago wants homers,” Reinsdorf said. “Now that I’ve been in Chicago for over 60 years, I’ve discovered that we are not sports fans in Chicago, we are fans of our teams. No one really cares about what’s going on in the Southeastern Conference or what happens when Pittsburgh plays Atlanta. So when Hawk came back for the second time, we turned him loose.”

He's wrong, of course. Well, he's right indirectly that Chicago isn't really a college sports town although there are plenty of college sports fans here but they support the various midwestern schools (Big 10, ND, etc). He acts like that's the case with his teams (unfortunately that includes the Bulls).
   51. bachslunch Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:50 AM (#5908115)
Almost as bad as Dan Shaughnessy winning the Spink Award.

@20: when was SBB clever? Missed that one.
   52. Rob_Wood Posted: December 12, 2019 at 11:52 AM (#5908118)
I have no problem with Reinsdorf using his influence to get Harold Baines and Hawk Harrelson into the Chicago White Sox Hall of Fame.

What's the big deal?
   53. The Non-Catching Molina (sjs1959) Posted: December 12, 2019 at 12:52 PM (#5908169)
Sox fans knew Hawk and knew he was the most blatant homer imaginable and really didn't care, either. he could be hilarious when he was sulking, and it took Steve Stone, whoo mastered working with larger-than-life partners with Harry, to manage him properly. Hawk was who he was and I am happy he got in.

Just remember, it could have been Mike Shannon.
   54. Itchy Row Posted: December 12, 2019 at 01:54 PM (#5908194)
As a Sox fan, I'm glad Hawk worked Mark Buehrle's perfect game and wish we had access to him announcing Game 4 of the 2005 World Series (on an alternate track or something), but we didn't need the other 4000 or so games.
   55. . Posted: December 12, 2019 at 02:04 PM (#5908201)
So ... he occasionally sulked when things went south for the Sox.

That's ... it????

Whomever wins this and the Spink Award is harmless, as long as they don't go suggesting they are thus inducted into the Hall Of Fame. It's an award, not an induction. Of course most winners do in fact declare themselves as inductees, so I suspect Harrelson will step up to that plate.

Oh, yeah, heaven forbid someone who is permanently enshrined in the library of the Hall of Fame and gets honored by the Hall of Fame in the same ceremony as inductees occasionally allude to the fact that they're in the Hall of Fame. Pearls, clutch thyself.
   56. . Posted: December 12, 2019 at 02:10 PM (#5908208)
Ken Harrelson, a dumb clown deserving of no awards, wins for contributions to the game? For what skils? I guess making fans dumber when they actually listen to you is a skill.

You might want to consider the distinct possibility that anyone who was made dumber by listening to a baseball broadcast probably wasn't all that bright to begin with. I can safely report that I watched a number of Sox broadcasts over the years and emerged from them exactly as intelligent as I was going in.
   57. Traderdave Posted: December 12, 2019 at 03:51 PM (#5908264)
You might want to consider the distinct possibility that anyone who was made dumber by listening to a baseball broadcast probably wasn't all that bright to begin with. I can safely report that I watched a number of Sox broadcasts over the years and emerged from them exactly as intelligent as I was going in.

Well of course YOU did. You're a stable genius. But think of his impact on lesser fans....
   58. Lassus Posted: December 12, 2019 at 04:14 PM (#5908275)
So ... he occasionally sulked when things went south for the Sox.
That's ... it????

No. Also, it wasn't "occasionally".
   59. Spahn Insane Posted: December 12, 2019 at 04:18 PM (#5908278)
Glad to see SBB's still in peak midseason form, even with the OTP thread gone the way of the passenger pigeon.
   60. . Posted: December 12, 2019 at 04:30 PM (#5908287)
No. Also, it wasn't "occasionally".

OK, what else did he "do"?

It should be clear to everyone, though I sense that it isn't, that the fundamental job of a play-by-play person on a major league baseball broadcast is to report the happenings at a newsworthy event to the people watching the event, who happen to typically be supporters of the team, and to do so in an entertaining fashion if possible. It isn't to regale the audience with his knowledge of the WAR rankings; it isn't to pontificate on the relative "value" of players; it isn't to formulate rankings or lists of players; it isn't to relentless belittle the RBI as a measure of "value"; it isn't to relentless belittle the idea of pitcher wins. It's to report the goings-on at a newsworthy event. A bit more clarity on the job description is probably valuable here, at which point perhaps much of the the lemon-sucking schoolmarming about an award bestowed on a terrific and energetic and colorful announcer, who loved the sport and everything about it might begin to seep away.

(Probably not, but the triumph of hope, etc. etc.)

And again, it might be time to ask yourselves why your niche opinion(s) differs so dramatically from wide swaths of other people who love and follow baseball. Not just on this, but on things like Bobby Grich and Jack Morris.
   61. PreservedFish Posted: December 12, 2019 at 04:35 PM (#5908290)
I sense that it isn't, that the fundamental job of a play-by-play person on a major league baseball broadcast is to report the happenings at a newsworthy event to the people watching the event

Wow, totally convinced. This is a really great defense of Hawk's tendency to go silent and pout like a petulant child in the middle of key baseball moments.
   62. Lassus Posted: December 12, 2019 at 04:50 PM (#5908296)
And again, it might be time to ask yourselves why your niche opinion(s) differs so dramatically from wide swaths of other people who love and follow baseball. Not just on this, but on things like Bobby Grich and Jack Morris.

Tell us how you feel about Derek Jeter's fielding, man of the people.
   63. TRBMB Posted: December 12, 2019 at 05:14 PM (#5908305)
Oh, yeah, heaven forbid someone who is permanently enshrined in the library of the Hall of Fame and gets honored by the Hall of Fame in the same ceremony as inductees occasionally allude to the fact that they're in the Hall of Fame. Pearls, clutch thyself.

Perhaps you haven't noticed that Frick and Spink Awards Ceremony is totally separate from the Induction Ceremony.
   64. RoyalFlush Posted: December 12, 2019 at 05:20 PM (#5908308)
In '16, the Royals had a 6 or 7 run comeback in the 9th against the ChiSox. I remember specifically going online later to hear the SadHawk call of the 9th. It was glorious.
   65. SoSH U at work Posted: December 12, 2019 at 05:35 PM (#5908312)

Whomever wins this and the Spink Award is harmless, as long as they don't go suggesting they are thus inducted into the Hall Of Fame. It's an award, not an induction. Of course most winners do in fact declare themselves as inductees, so I suspect Harrelson will step up to that plate. Ego prevails.

I don't know that most winners call themselves "inductees" or say they were inducted into Cooperstown. I think they might call themselves Hall of Fame writer or Hall of Fame broadcaster. The former would be wrong, but the latter's pretty harmless, IMO.
   66. Greg Pope Posted: December 12, 2019 at 05:51 PM (#5908317)
It should be clear to everyone, though I sense that it isn't, that the fundamental job of a play-by-play person on a major league baseball broadcast is to report the happenings at a newsworthy event to the people watching the event, who happen to typically be supporters of the team, and to do so in an entertaining fashion if possible.

So where do the following fit in?

-Going silent when something bad happens to his team
-Ranting about how the umpires are cheating for the other team
-Telling long stories about his golf game while ignoring stretches of the baseball game
   67. Omineca Greg Posted: December 12, 2019 at 07:03 PM (#5908330)
SBB's posts can be entertaining when read in a when read in a Foghorn Leghorn voice, but that one was probably best read like Gore Vidal
Good choices. Other good choices...

Peter Lorre
Charles Emerson Winchester III
"A Family Affair" era Sly Stone
Sam Eagle
Basil Fawlty
Maude
Steve Urkel
Ben Stein
Steve Irwin
Jack Benny
Gilbert Gottfried
Comic Book Guy
Stephen Hawking
Douglas C. Neidermeyer
Zsa Zsa Gabor
"Ratso" Rizzo
Todd Chavez
Charles Nelson Reilly
William S. Burroughs
Björk

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
The Ghost of Sox Fans Past
for his generous support.