Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Baseball Primer Newsblog > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Sunday, August 25, 2019

OT - 2019 NFL thread

In a shocking development, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck announced his retirement from the NFL on Saturday night, saying constant injuries have taken away his love for the game.

Lance Reddick! Lance him! Posted: August 25, 2019 at 10:51 AM | 154 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: nfl, off-topic

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2
   101. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:06 PM (#5901477)
Mason Rudolph appears to have (a) started the fight, and (b) restarted it after he and Garrett were initially separated. But he's a quarterback, so of course he doesn't even get a slap on the wrist. Not a defense of Garrett, Pouncey, or anyone else. Just an observation.

What started it was the late hit from Garrett on the QB, well after he had thrown the ball. Something Garrett unfortunately has a bit of a reputation for. So I understand Rudolph being pissed.

When they were "initially separated" i.e. Garrett was pulled off Rudolph, Garrett was literally lifting him up by his facemask. I kind of understand also still being pissed after that fact.

That is before getting into the fact, that the Steelers had several wide receivers literally knocked out of the game due to illegal cheap shots from the Browns (one left with blood coming out of his ear), which probably didn't sit well with Rudolph either. When the other team has been lining up illegal hits all game, it is hard to blame someone for being frustrated.

That is not to say that Rudolph is 100% without any fault, and it would have been nice if he could have just let things go. But his actions were pretty consistent with what happens in an NFL pile. Garrett's action was emphatically not that.
   102. jmurph Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:10 PM (#5901480)
The helmet-to-helmet ejection was a worse play that deserves a (much!) harsher punishment than what Garrett did, and the actual problem with football is that that is somehow a hot take.
   103. JJ1986 Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:15 PM (#5901482)
Randall blew up a defenseless receiver and it had nothing to do with making a play. It's just a vicious attack.
   104. Jeremy Renner App is Dead and I killed it Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:16 PM (#5901483)
101 nails it. Garrett did like 5 egregiously terrible things including several that are criminal acts outside of a football game and that folks are screaming about Rudolph going WTF in word and action is just ####### bizarre. Garrett should be suspended indefinitely while there is legit deliberation on permanent expulsion or 'just' a several year suspension.
   105. stanmvp48 Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:18 PM (#5901485)
Didn't Garrett end Trevor Siemian's season with a late and dirty hit?
   106. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:35 PM (#5901493)
101 nails it. Garrett did like 5 egregiously terrible things including several that are criminal acts outside of a football game and that folks are screaming about Rudolph going WTF in word and action is just ####### bizarre. Garrett should be suspended indefinitely while there is legit deliberation on permanent expulsion or 'just' a several year suspension.

Exactly. Garrett could have literally killed Rudolph. On the street, it would have been legal for Rudolph to respond to Garrett's assault with deadly force.
   107. Jeremy Renner App is Dead and I killed it Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:46 PM (#5901497)
Randall was a kind of odd guy with GB but he was not malicious. WTF is happening in Cleveland that guys now want to really hurt people in a bad way??
   108. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: November 15, 2019 at 02:52 PM (#5901499)
Organisational culture. Kind of reminds me of the Astros in a way. They went out of their way to sign a bunch of guys with "character" issues, because it meant they could get them for cheaper.

When you are steeped in a culture that does not value discipline, does not value ethics in any way shape or form, but does give countless examples of dirty play... well eventually even the 'good guys' in that kind of system, are going to try and conform to the norms.
   109. DCA Posted: November 15, 2019 at 03:07 PM (#5901501)
What am I missing?

Garrett hits Rudolph as he's throwing (not late at all).
Garrett wraps up Rudolph and fairly softly takes him to the ground (maybe a penalty).
Rudolph hits his head on the ground as a secondary impact.
Rudolph yanks on Garrett's helmet and kicks him in the balls.
Garrett pulls Rudolph's helmet off as he is being pulled away by two Steelers linemen.
Rudolph runs around said linemen and gets back into Garrett's face with clear intent.
Garrett clocks him in the head with his own helmet (while being restrained so that's really the only way he can strike at Rudolph).

I count 3 times that Garrett escalated, 2 that are out of the bounds of normal football behavior, and he was in the wrong each time. I also count 2 times that Rudolph escalated, at least one of which is out of bounds of normal football behavior (including the first such instance when he tries to pull Garrett's helmet off), and he was in the wrong each time as well. What Garrett did should probably be penalized more severely, because it was more dangerous, but Garrett out for the season and Rudolph nothing (I believe #100 that he was fined but I don't see that in any news article) makes no sense. If Garrett gets 6 games and Pouncey 3, then Rudolph ought to get at least 2.

Exactly. Garrett could have literally killed Rudolph. On the street, it would have been legal for Rudolph to respond to Garrett's assault with deadly force.

George Zimmerman agrees with you.
   110. Jeremy Renner App is Dead and I killed it Posted: November 15, 2019 at 03:14 PM (#5901502)
109--Ok boomer
   111. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: November 15, 2019 at 03:20 PM (#5901504)
I'd give Randolph one game for that. He clearly tries to pull off Garrett's helmet when they are both on the ground, and pushes his foot up into his balls. The secondary "escalation" after his own helmet was pulled off I'd give him a pass on.

Garrett's six games (or whatever) is ok with me.

Punching is a well-established no-no, but Pouncey also kicked Garrett in the head while he was on the ground. 3 games seems appropriate.

edit: seriously, his name is Rudolph?
   112. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: November 15, 2019 at 03:25 PM (#5901506)
What am I missing?

Garrett hits Rudolph as he's throwing (not late at all).
Garrett wraps up Rudolph and fairly softly takes him to the ground (maybe a penalty).
Rudolph hits his head on the ground as a secondary impact.
Rudolph yanks on Garrett's helmet and kicks him in the balls.
Garrett pulls Rudolph's helmet off as he is being pulled away by two Steelers linemen.
Rudolph runs around said linemen and gets back into Garrett's face with clear intent.
Garrett clocks him in the head with his own helmet (while being restrained so that's really the only way he can strike at Rudolph).

You're missing that Garrett is the only guy in the whole fracas to commit assault with a deadly weapon.
   113. Jeremy Renner App is Dead and I killed it Posted: November 15, 2019 at 03:28 PM (#5901510)
111--Think the qb was just trying to get Garrett off his body and that was the only leverage. That seems way more plausible then him trying to escalate a situation while on his ####### back with a 260 lb angry person on top
   114. Slivers of Maranville descends into chaos (SdeB) Posted: November 15, 2019 at 03:30 PM (#5901513)
He clearly tries to pull off Garrett's helmet when they are both on the ground

He made a weak move at Garrett's helmet. A helmet is something hard to take off another person! When it quickly became obvious that it was stupid idea, he stopped. I wouldn't call that a serious attempt to take off Garrett's helmet.

On the other side, Garrett grabbed Rudolph's helmet and acted like a guy trying to take a stubborn lid off a pickle jar. He persisted in the attempt, to the degree that he could easily have broken Rudolph's neck.
   115. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: November 15, 2019 at 04:12 PM (#5901524)
When you are steeped in a culture that does not value discipline, does not value ethics in any way shape or form, but does give countless examples of dirty play...

...you must play in the AFC North.

Organisational culture. Kind of reminds me of the Astros in a way. They went out of their way to sign a bunch of guys with "character" issues, because it meant they could get them for cheaper.

This was the Bengals' M.O. for the entire Marvin Lewis era (the poster child for it, Vontaze Burfict, got himself essentially thrown out of the league a few weeks ago, and several years late).

The Ravens and Steelers are barely better about it.

The Browns took it far beyond the pale even by AFC North standards last night--like a college freshman drinking himself to death trying to prove he can party with the big frat boys. But dirty, vicious play has long been the AFC North's thing.
   116. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: November 15, 2019 at 04:29 PM (#5901532)
111--Think the qb was just trying to get Garrett off his body and that was the only leverage. That seems way more plausible then him trying to escalate a situation while on his ####### back with a 260 lb angry person on top
Don't agree with this. It looked like he tried with one leg to knee him in the balls, unsuccessfully, and then went right for it with the other leg. Not a big deal, but combined with the clear attempt to remove the helmet (he got it 1/3 of the way off), and the resulting brouhaha, I'd give him one game.
   117. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: November 15, 2019 at 04:30 PM (#5901533)
   118. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: November 15, 2019 at 04:43 PM (#5901539)
Don't agree with this. It looked like he tried with one leg to knee him in the balls, unsuccessfully, and then went right for it with the other leg. Not a big deal, but combined with the clear attempt to remove the helmet (he got it 1/3 of the way off), and the resulting brouhaha, I'd give him one game.

He is being lifted up off the ground by his freaking facemask when those kicks occur. Like WTF is he supposed to do? Trying to kick the guy off you in that situation is an eminently reasonable thing to do. I highly doubt there was any intent to actually go for the balls in that situation. If Mason Rudolph could process things that quickly, he wouldn't have such terrible pocket awareness. Watching something in super-slowmo, makes it very easy to try and infer intent into a situation that is almost certainly just wild flailing.
   119. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: November 15, 2019 at 05:07 PM (#5901546)
He is being lifted up off the ground by his freaking facemask when those kicks occur.
Nope. Watch it again. The left foot goes for the balls well before Garrett reaches for his helmet, and the right foot is already on the balls a half second before Garrett grabs the helmet.
   120. jacksone (AKA It's OK...) Posted: November 16, 2019 at 09:57 AM (#5901610)
You're missing that Garrett is the only guy in the whole fracas to commit assault with a deadly weapon.

For ####'s sake, a helmet is not a deadly weapon. Stop with this.
   121. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: November 16, 2019 at 01:36 PM (#5901652)
For ####'s sake, a helmet is not a deadly weapon. Stop with this.

Are you ####### serious? You think a 260 lb. NFL player swinging a hard 6 lb. helmet, and hitting someone on top of his unprotected skull couldn't be lethal? That's insane.

Far less forceful blows to the head have killed people. Any weighty object wielded against someone skull is a deadly weapon.
   122. Howie Menckel Posted: November 16, 2019 at 03:31 PM (#5901676)
fwiw, a Manhattan doctor was on NYC sports talk radio yesterday and he said an NFL helmet absolutely can be a fatal weapon there - "subdural hematoma" was the danger, he said.
   123. KronicFatigue Posted: November 16, 2019 at 03:53 PM (#5901684)
Can someone explain what's going on with this Kap workout? location being moved? why?
   124. jacksone (AKA It's OK...) Posted: November 16, 2019 at 08:00 PM (#5901741)
If a helmet can be a deadly weapon then so could your fists. Or a big hardcover book. How about an iPad? Swing it hard enough, hit the corner, you could kill someone. If all those are deadly weapons then it seems to cheapen that term just. a bit, no?
   125. nick swisher hygiene Posted: November 16, 2019 at 08:47 PM (#5901748)
I'm with 109; I think it's mostly pearl-clutching, "Football is a lethal ###### up psychotic game but OMG we have to do this in a tasteful manner." A swung helmet is way less deadly than a helmet on the head of a free safety trying to nail a guy on a crossing pattern.
   126. calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: November 16, 2019 at 10:15 PM (#5901758)
If a helmet can be a deadly weapon then so could your fists. Or a big hardcover book. How about an iPad? Swing it hard enough, hit the corner, you could kill someone. If all those are deadly weapons then it seems to cheapen that term just. a bit, no?
nah.

if you're swinging an ipad with the intent to kill, you might not actually be able to do it, but you can still do a hell of a lot of damage. hell, i'm pretty sure that in a bunch of states, spitting on someone can be charged as assault with a deadly weapon.
fwiw, a Manhattan doctor was on NYC sports talk radio yesterday and he said an NFL helmet absolutely can be a fatal weapon there - "subdural hematoma" was the danger, he said.
gtfoohwtbs.
A swung helmet is way less deadly than a helmet on the head of a free safety trying to nail a guy on a crossing pattern.
nah.
I'm with 109; I think it's mostly pearl-clutching, "Football is a lethal ###### up psychotic game but OMG we have to do this in a tasteful manner."

there's a lot of pearl clutching going on, but it also just really looked bad.

also, the NFL's response had to be severe enough to ensure that noone else would think of doing this again. if they just fined garrett and let him play again this week, it'd only be a matter of time before someone else did the same thing.
   127. calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: November 16, 2019 at 10:28 PM (#5901763)
Can someone explain what's going on with this Kap workout? location being moved? why?
from the ringer:
According to Kaepernick’s representatives, NFL officials wanted him to sign a waiver absolving the league of any responsibility in case he got injured (standard practice for these workouts) that also reportedly stated Kaepernick could not sue the league in case he did not get signed after the workout (not standard at all). Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, a former labor lawyer in West Virginia, wrote that the league was trying to put Kaepernick in a “legal checkmate.”

On Friday, league officials reportedly told Kaepernick’s inner circle they would not be allowed to film the session... Kaepernick and his advisers were concerned the league could edit the footage to highlight his worst throws
The travel concerns for scouts who were attending other games was a major reason the league’s choice to hold the workout on a Saturday was strange.
After his workout, Kaepernick thanked scouts for attending and said, “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared,” according to The Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue.
Even before Saturday’s scheduling fiasco happened, the workout was borderline unprecedented... The league gave Kaepernick just two hours to confirm his attendance and refused his request to move the date to a Tuesday, when teams usually schedule workouts... league executives, not team executives, organizing a workout for a single player on five days notice is unheard of...Few details about the workout were shared with Kaepernick before the league’s deadline. That included who would be catching his passes
   128. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: November 16, 2019 at 10:58 PM (#5901769)

How about an equivalent weight object? If you hit someone in the head with a 5 lb. lamp, or candlestick, or pipe, or hammer, do you think you might be charged with assault with a deadly weapon?

expanded-homicide-data

In 2016 472 out of 15,070 homicides in the U.S. were using blunt objects. More than rifles, or shotguns.
   129. jacksone (AKA It's OK...) Posted: November 17, 2019 at 08:21 AM (#5901794)
First - modern helmets are about 4 to 4 1/2 pounds. 2nd - yes if you hit someone with a 4 pound hammer I d consider it a deadly weapon. But that's because it's a totally different impact. Concentrate all the impact in a small area and it does a huge amount more damage. Helmets are designed to spread out impact, minimize the damage to one specific area. Sure, you CAN kill someone with a helmet, but as I said, you could also kill someone with a book.

What Garrett did was beyond the pale, and I agree with his suspension, it just wasnt deadly assault like you are making it out to be. #### what happened to McMahon vs Green Bay in the mid 80s was worse - that late hit was 100% designed to injure.
   130. Slivers of Maranville descends into chaos (SdeB) Posted: November 17, 2019 at 10:37 AM (#5901801)
Helmets are designed to spread out impact,

That's for something hitting the helmet, not the other way around.
   131. jacksone (AKA It's OK...) Posted: November 17, 2019 at 11:05 AM (#5901806)
A sphere spreads out impact across the sphere. This shouldn't be in dispute.
   132. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: November 17, 2019 at 12:44 PM (#5901820)
The reason helmets work, is because they have padding, and a crumple zone, between the head, and the outer shell of the helmet, that allows the force to be distributed. That emphatically does not work in any meaningfully mitigating way, when you hit somebody with the hard outer layer of the helmet. You can get a 4kg (roughly 9lbs) shotput. It's perfectly spherical. If you bash somebody over the head with it, their head will be mush. Sphere or no sphere.

Like I said, everybody involved here, is lucky that Garrett seems to have caught Rudolph with the padding at the bottom of the helmet, and not with the hard shell.
   133. snapper (history's 42nd greatest monster) Posted: November 17, 2019 at 01:25 PM (#5901823)
First - modern helmets are about 4 to 4 1/2 pounds. 2nd - yes if you hit someone with a 4 pound hammer I d consider it a deadly weapon. But that's because it's a totally different impact. Concentrate all the impact in a small area and it does a huge amount more damage.

And he almost caught him with the bottom edge of the helmet, which would have done exactly that.

Like I said, everybody involved here, is lucky that Garrett seems to have caught Rudolph with the padding at the bottom of the helmet, and not with the hard shell.

Indeed.
   134. jacksone (AKA It's OK...) Posted: November 17, 2019 at 02:07 PM (#5901829)
A 9lb shot put, something a 1/4 the size at most, of a helmet makes a huge difference in impact, if you dont understand that, I dont know what else to say. The potential damage is in no way comparable.

135. Hot Wheeling American Posted: November 17, 2019 at 02:37 PM (#5901830)
How do we get the Jets into the NFC East?
   136. Howie Menckel Posted: November 17, 2019 at 02:39 PM (#5901832)
well, they haven't beaten anyone else this year!

as for the helmet thing, the place you want to avoid, if you think the doctor I cited is a quack, works at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. it's kinda prestigious - so much so that if not for the medical experts here at BBTF, I'd have accepted his analysis.

doc bio is here

https://www.hss.edu/physicians_obrien-stephen.asp
   137. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: November 17, 2019 at 02:54 PM (#5901835)
LAMAR JACKSON, JESUS ####### CHRIST.
   138. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: November 17, 2019 at 07:48 PM (#5901860)
How do we get the Jets into the NFC East?

The NFC East already has 4 garbage teams. Why would you want to add a fifth?
   139. calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: November 18, 2019 at 01:30 PM (#5902046)
oh, god, i just found something truly godawful:

can i say, again, that i really like what CLE is doing?
they can draft QB darnold #1 (personally, i don't love any of the QBs this year so i'd rather have RB barkley, but new GMs tend to want franchise QBs)
they should trade down from #4 to around #15-#20
i think this dorsey guy is going to take barkley #1, and then trade up from #4 to #2 to take a QB.

trading down for jackson would be a better move for them, though. i like jackson a lot.
   140. SteveF Posted: November 18, 2019 at 03:46 PM (#5902100)
You forgot this one:
calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: January 24, 2018 at 11:01 PM (#5613006)
josh allen is the best QB in this draft.

141. Fancy Crazy Town Banana Pants Handle Posted: November 18, 2019 at 04:19 PM (#5902112)
I liked this take:
rosen, darnold, jackson and watson are legit top 15 QBs, but none of them are in the winston/marriota/goff/wentz/luck/rgIII tier. mahomes, allen, trubisky and mayfield were/are all going to be taken too high.
   142. calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: November 18, 2019 at 05:38 PM (#5902152)
rosen, darnold, jackson and watson are legit top 15 QBs, but none of them are in the winston/marriota/goff/wentz/luck/rgIII tier. mahomes, allen, trubisky and mayfield were/are all going to be taken too high.

the first part of that wasn't a take, it was a description of their pre-draft status. the fact that winston busted, while rgIII and marriota couldn't stay healthy, wasn't factored into the takery.

as for the second part, mistakes may have been made in the process of evaluating patrick mahomes. i am convening the formation of a blue ribbon committee to get to the bottom how the process could be improved going forward. the report from that committee will be given orally, and there will be no written documentation produced for public, or private, consumption.
josh allen is the best QB in this draft.
he's better than darnold, mayfield and rosen. that's not much of an endorsement, but at least he's not worse than them.

lamar jackson is another story...
   143. stanmvp48 Posted: November 18, 2019 at 09:46 PM (#5902199)
312 yards at halftime for the Chargers. No TDs
   144. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: December 01, 2019 at 09:47 PM (#5904738)
I know his receiving corps sucks, but there's a pretty strong argument that Brady is not in the top half of starting QBs in the league anymore.

Also, down 14-3 with 30 seconds to go in the half, the Patriots punt on 4th and 10 from inside the Houston 40. Talk about no faith in their offense, or defense, for that matter.
   145. Tom Nawrocki Posted: December 01, 2019 at 10:47 PM (#5904749)
It's funny how the quick decision-making is one of the first things to go. Brady has thrown some real head-scratchers tonight.
   146. SoSH U at work Posted: December 01, 2019 at 10:55 PM (#5904751)
Taking an intentional delay of game on a PAT, given the new distance for kicks, is also hard to figure.
   147. Howie Menckel Posted: December 01, 2019 at 11:48 PM (#5904755)
meet the Ravens, our new AFC overlords

Pats have already lost to Ravens and Texans; next up are Chiefs and Bills. they can still play themselves into a 5 seed - with losses to all of the teams ahead of them

Redskins still not having been eliminated from a shot at the postseason is the fun fact d'jour
   148. stanmvp48 Posted: December 02, 2019 at 11:41 AM (#5904814)
Well this has got to be end of the line for Old Man Rivers. He has gone from virtually to totally immobile. He won't even take a step to avoid a pass rush. Twice he took sacks instead of trying to escape or throwing the ball away which arguably cost his team two field goals.

149. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: December 02, 2019 at 12:01 PM (#5904822)
It's funny how the quick decision-making is one of the first things to go. Brady has thrown some real head-scratchers tonight.

All it takes is for your brain to lose just a split-split-second's worth of speed at processing information and it's total ruin for an immobile NFL quarterback. Look what happened to Peyton Manning.

(Yet his team's defense still dragged his corpse to a world championship--the Patriots' defense and coaching certainly could do the same, even if Brady has abruptly hit the end.)
   150. calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: December 02, 2019 at 01:13 PM (#5904873)
peyton lost his arm, not his head. he couldn't physically throw the ball 20 yards downfield with enough pace to beat average coverage.

from what i saw of brady v. PHI 3 weeks ago, he didn't trust his o-line which caused him to rush his process. he threw the ball too early and/or off-balance. additionally, he wasn't on the same page as his receivers. the receivers' execution was off, but brady was also going off script too quickly.
   151. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: December 02, 2019 at 10:58 PM (#5905093)
Obviously way too early, but there's actually a not unrealistic scenario where the 49ers and Seahawks tiebreaker goes down to points scored/allowed in conference games. SF has a big advantage there.

It would take a Seattle win tonight (likely), a 49ers loss to the Saints on the road (likely), Seattle and the 49ers winning the rest of their games (each likely, but not all in combination), and the Redskins/Packers winning exactly one more game than the Eagles/Vikings the rest of the way (pretty unlikely, but quite conceivable).

edit: also the 49ers would have to bear Seattle on the road (not that likely).

edit2: as another option, they could both lose their remaining game to the Rams, but that's less likely than both beating the Rams.

edit 3: in case it's not obvious from the above, division rivals play the same schedule except for 2 games, and so far the 49ers and Seahawks have only lost to the other (Seahawks over 49ers), the Saints (beat the Seahawks), and the Ravens (beat both)
   152. AuntBea calls himself Sky Panther Posted: December 02, 2019 at 11:16 PM (#5905096)
So the game's not over yet. 2nd and 6 with 5 minutes left, Wilson has tons of time, but holds on to the ball forever thinking he can always avoid the rush. He's basically right, except the defensive lineman dives and just nicks his foot, tripping him up for a 13-yard loss. Then, on 4rd and 19, play clock running out, Seattle takes their last time out. So what play call do they make? A give-up screen that ends up comfortably short of the first down. Way to burn the last time out for nothing.
   153. JJ1986 Posted: December 03, 2019 at 06:27 PM (#5905390)
Top 5 QBs according to Football Outsiders DYAR and QBR (passing stats):

1. Dak Prescott
2. Russell Wilson
3. Pat Mahomes
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Deshaun Watson
   154. calming him down with his 57i66135 Posted: December 03, 2019 at 07:51 PM (#5905407)
Top 5 QBs according to Football Outsiders DYAR and QBR (passing stats):

1. Dak Prescott
2. Russell Wilson
3. Pat Mahomes
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Deshaun Watson

yeah, but imagine how much better they could be if they were drafted at WR....
Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

News

All News | Prime News

Old-School Newsstand

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
danielj
for his generous support.