Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Friday, October 01, 2021

OT - 2021 NFL thread

Quarantine procedure back in effect.

Lance Reddick! Lance him! Posted: October 01, 2021 at 06:41 PM | 370 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: nfl, off-topic, quarantine

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4
   301. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: January 31, 2022 at 07:41 PM (#6063274)
I just can't believe an Andy Reid team choked in the conference championship and a Kyle Shanahan team blew a double-digit second half lead in the playoffs. I am stunned.

This ain't 1954. Time of possession is kind of meaningless.

I've long held this view but I've begun to wonder. Playing football is exhausting, and playing defense (in any sport) takes more energy than playing offense. I wonder if the old blowhards from the 80s and 90s might not have been onto something after all, in that maybe the ol' chuck-and-duck and its modern descendants, the lots of passing, score early, score often, score fast philosophy, does tend leave a team vulnerable to late comebacks, because it tends to leave the high scoring team's defense sucking air by the fourth quarter.

Obviously none of this is germane to the just-played NFC Championship, in which the team renowned for 17 play, 75 yard drives lost the TOP stat and the game. Just something that's been on my mind.

Garoppolo is a bog standard backup on good team/starter on bad team quarterback of the sort that there are always 20 of in circulation. With the added complication of being fragile. He's Gus Frerotte, or a poor man's Chris Chandler. I doubt Trey Lance is the answer, but the 49ers might as well give him a shot; QB is certainly a need for them.
   302. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: January 31, 2022 at 07:55 PM (#6063275)
The Rams are a 4 pt. favorite in the SB. That seems kind of high to me.
   303. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: January 31, 2022 at 08:17 PM (#6063279)
Well, the Bengals aren't actually very good.

Neither were the '07 Giants, of course; anything can happen. The Rams are no juggernaut but they're a quality team, and are better than the Bengals in every phase of the game. 4 feels, if anything, a little low to me.

If the Bengals win they'll be right up there with the '08 Steelers as the weakest offensive lines ever to win the Super Bowl. And their defense is nowhere near that level of quality.
   304. Howie Menckel Posted: January 31, 2022 at 08:47 PM (#6063283)
regular-season record vs playoff teams:

RAMS (2-5)
W - Buccaneers, Cardinals
L - Cardinals, Titans, 49ers, Packers, 49ers

BENGALS (2-2)
W - Raiders, Chiefs
L - Packers (OT), 49ers (OT)

then the Rams beat the Bucs, Cardinals, and 49ers in the playoffs.
the Bengals beat a much tougher slate - the Raiders, Titans, and Chiefs.

both the Bengals and the Rams scored 460 points in the regular season, with the Rams allowing 372 point and the Bengals allowing 376.

if the Rams are that much better, I'm surprised they're going to wait til the Super Bowl to prove it.
seems a little risky to me.

:)

305. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: January 31, 2022 at 09:41 PM (#6063291)
Well, your first point there helps explain your second. The Bengals played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL--if they'd played seven playoff teams instead of four, they probably wouldn't have been in the playoffs at all. The Rams had to play the 49ers twice while the Bengals were playing the Steelers.

DVOA has the Rams ranked 5th overall in the league, the Bengals 17th. DVOA has its issues, but it is certainly a better quick barometer check than just raw points scored/allowed numbers; at least it makes an effort to adjust for opponent quality.

Your assertion that the Bengals had a tougher playoff road than the Rams boggles the mind. The Raiders had no business being in the playoffs; the Titans were quite possibly the weakest #1 seed ever; the Chiefs were a very tough opponent, but no more so than the Buccaneers. DVOA rated the Bengals' opponents 21st, 20th, and 7th; the Rams' opponents, 3rd, 10th, and 6th.

I personally suspect DVOA somewhat overrates the 49ers and Buccaneers and underrates the Chiefs. But not nearly enough to begin to bridge that gulf.

Rooting for the Bengals in the Super Bowl. They have great fans, who have suffered long and hard and deserve to celebrate a champion.
   306. JJ1986 Posted: January 31, 2022 at 09:47 PM (#6063292)
You both have already forgotten this, but the Steelers were in the playoffs.
   307. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: January 31, 2022 at 10:14 PM (#6063295)
Yes, and full marks to them for taking advantage of opportunities, but a few strokes of luck and the league's lust for more playoff revenue doesn't change the fact the Steelers are terrible. DVOA had them 26th on offense, 25th on defense, and they fully earned it.
   308. Howie Menckel Posted: January 31, 2022 at 10:24 PM (#6063297)
good call in 306

regular-season record vs playoff teams, FIXED:

RAMS (2-5)
W - Buccaneers, Cardinals
L - Cardinals, Titans, 49ers, Packers, 49ers

BENGALS (4-2)
W - Raiders, Steelers, Steelers, Chiefs
L - Packers (OT), 49ers (OT)

it's also weird that both teams played the Packers and 49ers - and the "far superior Rams" went 0-3 in the regular season before barely winning on Sunday. the Bengals went 0-2, but lost both games in OT while the Rams couldn't get that far in the three losses.

say what you will about the Bengals' schedule, but none of the six playoff opponents they faced in those 18 weeks was able to walk off with a win after 60 minutes. of the Rams' seven playoff opponents in that same span, FIVE of the seven managed that feat. plus those wildly overrated Titans - well, they beat the Rams.

both teams were 4 seeds, but the Rams were lucky enough to get a home NFC title game against a wild card. the Bengals had to visit the seemingly dynastic Chiefs, after already beating them there a month earlier. the Bengals unquestionably have the more impressive resume of wins at this point (not that it guarantees anything. but the idea that the Rams have demonstrated some sort of dominance over the Bengals in these 21 games, I still don't see it).

and if anyone thinks that the Chiefs were a more appealing opponent in the postseason than the Bucs or 49ers, well, I can't help them. you do seem to recognize that point, to be fair.

and I, too, will be rooting for the Bengals in "The Big Game."
   309. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: January 31, 2022 at 11:15 PM (#6063298)
Playing football is exhausting, and playing defense (in any sport) takes more energy than playing offense.
The Rams ran 76 plays versus the 49ers 50--a huge margin. They had more all game long, and the edge kept increasing. Their yards per play was significantly lower most of the game, but the 49ers last few drives brought it close to even. Though the Rams weren't perfect on offense by any stretch, they did manage to sustain a lot of drives, going 11 for 18 on 3rd down.

76 plays was the most of any team in the playoffs this year, a few more than the Bills and Chiefs each had in their game with the epic finish, and all the overtime games too. 50 plays was the least of any team in the playoffs this year, also by a few plays. A difference of 26 plays was more than double the second biggest margin, which I think was 12 plays.
   310. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: January 31, 2022 at 11:27 PM (#6063299)
Howie--well, it was easy to forget the Rams were at home, since at least two-thirds of the crowd was cheering for the 49ers. :)

The Bengals join the 2003 Panthers and 2008 Cardinals as notably weak Super Bowl entrants who got there by being present when Andy Reid's team puked all over itself in the conference championship. Both those teams went into the Super Bowl as big underdogs and came within a hairsbreadth of winning, despite both playing a stronger opponent than the 2022 Rams. Hopefully this random datum bodes well for an exciting game.

Reid has lost six conference championship games, and I believe his team was at home and favored in five of them. (edit: nope, they were road favorites in Arizona in '08.) Bill Cowher used to be the gold standard for that, but he only did it four times.

Reid continues to cement his legacy as the greatest coach that ever lived... on Monday through Saturday, at least. I'm really happy he managed to get his ring. Greatest Gatorade shower ever, that.
   311. villageidiom Posted: February 01, 2022 at 10:51 AM (#6063325)
76 plays was the most of any team in the playoffs this year
You can fit in more plays when you stop the clock with stupid challenges.
   312. JJ1986 Posted: February 01, 2022 at 11:00 AM (#6063326)
I think the Bengals are closer to the Rams than you would think if you laid out like the top 10 players on each team. They appear to have similarly strong passing games and then the Rams have Donald and Miller and Floyd and Ramsey while Cincinnati has holes on the right-side of their offensive line. But the Rams defense is not great outside of their stars, you can pick on them in the passing game in the right spots and Cincinnati will have tape to study on that and the guys to execute it (Uzmoah's availability may be large here). Jessie Bates is very good and if he's playing as well as he can makes a difference to the secondary. And Matt Stafford is not as good as Joe Burrow.
   313. dave h Posted: February 01, 2022 at 11:14 AM (#6063329)
"The Rams ran 76 plays versus the 49ers 50--a huge margin. They had more all game long, and the edge kept increasing."

Exactly - if you want to measure "exhaustion" or something along those lines, you need to use plays run, not time of possession. Who cares if the clock is running or not between plays? If you really think there's a difference between run and pass plays, then use those. Whether a runner stepped out of bounds or not doesn't matter to exhaustion.
   314. a 57i66135 with a grenade still has a grenade Posted: February 01, 2022 at 07:25 PM (#6063417)
Recently fired Dolphins head coach Brian Flores has filed a lawsuit against the NFL and its franchises over the league’s racist hiring practices.
Flores says his successful 2019 season pissed owner Stephen Ross off, as Ross wanted the team to tank for the top pick in the NFL Draft; the lawsuit says that Ross offered Flores $100,000 per loss in order to ensure the team had a crack at Joe Burrow. Flores refused, the Dolphins went 5-11 and wound up with Tua Tagovailoa, and Flores says his relationship with Ross was forever strained.
According to the lawsuit, Flores knew he was not going to be seriously considered for the New York Giants job despite having a Jan. 27 interview scheduled because his former colleague Bill Belichick accidentally texted him a congratulatory message intended for Brian Daboll, who’d already been assured of the job despite Flores’s scheduled interview. Oops!

Flores then had to go sit through his interview anyway, an experience he likened to a humiliating interview experience with John Elway in 2019 ... In that instance, Flores says Elway showed up an hour late and “looked completely disheveled.” Flores says it was obvious that Elway had been “drinking heavily the night before”

a lawsuit that will never make it to the discovery phase.
   315. John DiFool2 Posted: February 02, 2022 at 10:11 AM (#6063472)
Hilarious that people are complaining about mediocre Super Bowl teams when this kind of thing happens far more often in the NHL & MLB.

I dunno about you all but I didn't see a single dominant squad at all this season. Perfect recipe for 2 decent but unspectacular teams to get in.
   316. stanmvp48 Posted: February 02, 2022 at 12:17 PM (#6063488)
Does anyone have a theory about what Cincy did differently in the second half. KC moved the ball at will until the last 10 seconds of the first half and seemed to have nobody open in the second half
   317. I don't want to talk about Rocco Posted: February 02, 2022 at 12:50 PM (#6063492)
316: per review the Bengals dropped 8 in coverage half the plays daring Chiefs to run or on pass plays Mahomes to scramble. Aided by Hendrickson applying a rush with only 2 other guys rushing and Bates apparently guessing right on Mahomes first look areas and filling that space

Basically a combo of scheme and some key players playing awesome

Edit; Not my review. Various football video reviewers publishing same general assessment
   318. I don't want to talk about Rocco Posted: February 02, 2022 at 01:09 PM (#6063496)
The major advantage in SB is Bengals o line (not good) vs Rams d line (very good)

Both teams have really good special teams. Both have quality qbs who have an awesome receiver. Plus others who can catch. Both have an excellent corner who may be matched against the number 1 receiver. Linebackers kind of a wash.

Bengals adv stats assessment dragged down by some inexplicable games like losing to Jets.

319. I don't want to talk about Rocco Posted: February 02, 2022 at 01:20 PM (#6063499)
Watching Stafford actually play qb and hit open guys the Packers loss is ever more clearly on Rodgers. Yes special teams was dreadful but Rodgers inability (or per other football people Rodgers refusal) to deliver ball to open guys was difference. Multiple reviews showed at least five plays where Niners had no defender within 5 yards of a receiver as defenders were shading to Adams or closing on guys near LOS
   320. tonywagner Posted: February 02, 2022 at 01:49 PM (#6063502)
it's also weird that both teams played the Packers and 49ers - and the "far superior Rams" went 0-3 in the regular season before barely winning on Sunday. the Bengals went 0-2, but lost both games in OT while the Rams couldn't get that far in the three losses.

The Rams regular season finale loss vs the 49ers went to overtime.
   321. Howie Menckel Posted: February 02, 2022 at 03:37 PM (#6063542)
duly noted, 320, and those responsible will be sacked.

I still can't find a signature game that tells me that the Rams are better than the Bengals.

seems like the Bengals win at KC, and another win at KC, and a win at TENN top anything the Rams have done.

but agree that the CIN O line vs LAR D line looks like quite the mismatch.
   322. John DiFool2 Posted: February 02, 2022 at 04:51 PM (#6063558)
Meanhoo in other news the Washington Football Team is going to be known as...[drum roll]

The Commanders. [wah wah wah waaahhhh, bloouuppp whistle]
   323. Dolf Lucky Posted: February 02, 2022 at 04:59 PM (#6063560)
It hit me last night that:

a) the Bengals are on the short list of worst-run franchises over my lifetime (I'm 45). They're not the worst...they're almost certainly better than the Lions/Timberwolves/Pirates/Whoever. But Mike Brown has been a punchline for a long, long time.

b) Despite point (a), two weeks from now, I will have three memories over my lifetime of the Bengals being in the Super Bowl (the first one was when I was pretty young, but I do remember it). The baseball team in town has been to the WS once in my sentient lifetime.

I'm really excited about this Bengals season. It came out of nowhere and it's been awesome to watch the celebration pictures from the city as the team has advanced each week.

Different sports and all that. Much different avenues to build a successful NFL team vs. MLB. But my god...the Reds are a joke. And the management of that team doesn't even appear to have enough self-awareness to be ashamed.

They will have had Joey Votto for his entire career. He's a top-5 player in franchise history. They've surrounded him with enough talent to effectively make the playoffs twice (four times if you want to count a one-game play-in in 2013 and a two-game event in 2020 that was a result of expanded playoffs). They've won exactly two playoff games in the last 31 years, which is now--remarkably--fewer playoff wins than the Bengals over the same time span.
   324. a 57i66135 with a grenade still has a grenade Posted: February 02, 2022 at 06:08 PM (#6063575)
Meanhoo in other news the Washington Football Team is going to be known as...[drum roll]

The Commanders. [wah wah wah waaahhhh, bloouuppp whistle]

the washington commies.
   325. Tony S Posted: February 02, 2022 at 07:27 PM (#6063589)
Commandos would at least have been a bit edgier.
   326. John DiFool2 Posted: February 02, 2022 at 07:55 PM (#6063592)
Commodes.
   327. Howie Menckel Posted: February 02, 2022 at 08:11 PM (#6063596)
Go 'Ders !
   328. Tony S Posted: February 02, 2022 at 09:13 PM (#6063599)
Commodes.

If Daniel Snyder remains the owner and they get a quarterback named Ralph.
   329. Ron J Posted: February 02, 2022 at 10:22 PM (#6063605)
#324 Somebody's going to make a little low effort money with parody hammer and sickle tshirts.

EDIT: The chosen color scheme works pretty well. It's not that far from the classic Red Army jersey.
   330. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: February 02, 2022 at 11:08 PM (#6063617)
How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg.

--- Abraham Lincoln

Lincoln had the right idea. The only appropriate name for any team owned by Dan Snyder is the Deadskins, because they've been dead in the water ever since he bought the team. Calling them the "Commanders", or even "Washington Football Team", makes about as much sense as calling a mule a horse.
   331. Joyful Calculus Instructor Posted: February 03, 2022 at 01:17 AM (#6063636)
I think Commanders is a fine name. It kind of has a Washington feel since the president is Commander in Chief, but even without that tie in, I think it would be a solid team name.
   332. SoSH U at work Posted: February 03, 2022 at 02:16 AM (#6063640)
Lincoln had the right idea. The only appropriate name for any team owned by Dan Snyder is the Deadskins, because they've been dead in the water ever since he bought the team. Calling them the "Commanders", or even "Washington Football Team", makes about as much sense as calling a mule a horse.

So what do you seriously think the name should be?
   333. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: February 03, 2022 at 11:39 AM (#6063696)
I seriously don't think there's any name that's both politically acceptable and a reflection of the reality of the state of this sorry franchise. You can see by the reaction of former Redskins fans what they think of "Commanders", and it ain't good.

Get rid of Snyder and then I'll start thinking of appropriate nicknames for a real football team. Snyder is to Washington football what Donald Trump is to American democracy: A malignant cancerous tumor.
   334. ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick Posted: February 03, 2022 at 11:43 AM (#6063698)
Exhibit A, or I should say Exhibit A275, of my point about malignant cancerous tumors. This is only the latest development on this case, and it won't be the last one:

On Capitol Hill, ex-Washington NFL employees levy new harassment claims against Daniel Snyder
   335. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 03, 2022 at 11:56 AM (#6063701)
I'd actually kinda gotten used to Washington Football Team.

I do like the parallel between Commanders and the Washington Generals, though.
   336. nick swisher hygiene Posted: February 03, 2022 at 12:30 PM (#6063705)
My dark horse pick the Washington Consensus seemed never to get traction….perhaps too scary and intimidating even by football standards!
   337. Fancy Pants Handle struck out swinging Posted: February 03, 2022 at 01:27 PM (#6063716)
I seriously don't think there's any name that's both politically acceptable and a reflection of the reality of the state of this sorry franchise.

My suggestion was that in honour of Kermit Washington, they should go with the Washington Muppets. And I think Muppets is indeed a fair reflection of how the franchise is run.
   338. jacksone (AKA It's OK...) Posted: February 03, 2022 at 01:41 PM (#6063721)
I seriously don't think there's any name that's both politically acceptable and a reflection of the reality of the state of this sorry franchise.

How do ANY of the team names align to the 'state of their franchise'? FWIW I like Washington Commanders more than I like Cleveland Guardians.
   339. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 07:48 PM (#6065050)
Been a pretty fun game so far. Close, and we got to see Joe Mixon throw a TD to Tee Higgins. That’s about all I wanted out of the first half really.
   340. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 07:51 PM (#6065051)
Also taunting penalties are dumb and shouldn’t be called.
   341. SoSH U at work Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:02 PM (#6065052)
Ordinary taunting penalties may be dumb, but I’ve got no problem with that ####### getting flagged.

And Andy, you do realize your position is ridiculous, right?
   342. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:15 PM (#6065053)
Cincy is still about 35% to win. Seems about right, with the Rams receiving in the third quarter and leading by 3. And being the better team.
   343. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:18 PM (#6065054)
Cincy gets the ball to start the second half, not LA. The Rams have clearly been a bit better, though.
   344. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:23 PM (#6065055)
oh. I thought the announcers said the Rams were getting it. But yeah, that's right and I even saw the first drive so should have known.

More importantly than the fact that the Rams have been better in 1/2 a game, is that they are better.
   345. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:24 PM (#6065056)
Dre, Snoop, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar are all willing enough to lip sync enough to maintain the illusion that this isn’t all prerecorded. Eminem, though, just doesn’t care.
   346. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:26 PM (#6065057)
The superbowl halftime show is too often the geriatric parade.
   347. SoSH U at work Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:30 PM (#6065059)
While only half these performers, at least for a few more months, qualify for AARP.
   348. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:35 PM (#6065060)
Only half? Who was the 6th performer?

Well, now we have a real game.
   349. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:36 PM (#6065061)
Well the Rams were better in the first half. But not so much better that you can just have cornerbacks just falling down on important plays.
   350. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:53 PM (#6065064)
Ugh. Trick plays are great but if the pass-thrower can't hit a wide open man probably shouldn't run it.
   351. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 08:55 PM (#6065065)
It’s official. Cooper Kupp is a worse quarterback than Trey Burton.
   352. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:07 PM (#6065066)
The halftime show and ads for Marry Me just make me feel old. And I'm not even as old as the performers/actors.
   353. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:10 PM (#6065068)
Odds are pretty much right at 50/50 now.
   354. AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:40 PM (#6065072)
Huge play by Kupp there. And of course going for it was absolutely the right call this late.
   355. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:47 PM (#6065073)
Obviously Kupp is incredibly good at getting open no matter how hard the defense tries to prevent it, but I can't help but ask, where the hell do the Bengals think the ball is going to go on this drive??

Unfortunately no replays are being shown that give us any clue as the to defensive coverage, so maybe they're doubling him every play and he's getting open anyway, I dunno.
   356. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:49 PM (#6065074)
That’s a pretty questionable penalty.
   357. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:50 PM (#6065075)
Aaaaaand there's the makeup call.
   358. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:53 PM (#6065076)
Cincy should just have let them score on first down, right?
   359. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:55 PM (#6065077)
Cincy should just have let them score on first down, right?

Just like New England should have let Seattle score back 7 years ago?

That said, though... yeah. I would have. Actually I can't prove it but I suspect that first down QB sneak call was explicitly intended to make sure not to sure on first down.

1:25 is plenty of time to get into field goal range, but Rams d-line versus Bengals' o-line... they're gonna need Chase to pull a miracle.
   360. KronicFatigue Posted: February 13, 2022 at 09:55 PM (#6065078)
TERRIBLE clock management from the time the rams insisted on running a play before the two minute warning.
   361. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 13, 2022 at 10:00 PM (#6065079)
All in all, fun but sloppy game in which the Rams were not super impressive but won for the expected reasons: their d-line dominated the Bengals' o-line, and when the chips were down Cooper Kupp could not be covered.
   362. Ron J Posted: February 13, 2022 at 10:14 PM (#6065080)
#361 It's worth noting though that on the decisive play they got Kupp isolated on the outside against Eli Apple. No way the Bengals ever wanted that to happen but with inches to go you have to sell out against the run and ask him to make a play that you can't honestly expect him to make.
   363. Brian White Posted: February 13, 2022 at 10:16 PM (#6065081)
Fun, close game. Got a little unnecessarily flaggy at the end, but overall a pretty entertaining Super Bowl.
   364. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 13, 2022 at 10:21 PM (#6065082)
Fun, close game. Got a little unnecessarily flaggy at the end, but overall a pretty entertaining Super Bowl.

With the Rams on the verge of losing, the refs really kinda had to throw the makeup flag at the slightest opportunity. No surprise at all that happened. It's tough for the Bengals to creditably claim the refs robbed them when they benefited from such an egregious non-call earlier (not that that will stop them from trying anyway, I'm sure!)
   365. It's regretful that PASTE was able to get out Posted: February 13, 2022 at 10:35 PM (#6065083)
All in all, it was a very representative game of the 2022 NFL, I thought: Neither team could run at all, both coaches were too clever for their own good, both quarterbacks played poorly while the broadcasters performed verbal fellatio on them over and over and over, the officials were the headline stars, and somehow it still melted together into a capably entertaining product.
   366. Howie Menckel Posted: February 13, 2022 at 10:45 PM (#6065084)
those here who were so convinced of the major superiority of the Rams gave 3.5 to 4.5 points on their bets.

us dummies who didn't see it have slightly heavier wallets tonight

;)
#ignoranceisbliss
   367. JJ1986 Posted: February 14, 2022 at 12:05 PM (#6065107)
My main takeaway after last night's game is that no team should ever run between the tackles again.
   368. . . . . . . Posted: February 14, 2022 at 01:07 PM (#6065113)
If they're calling the game like they were last night, in (semi) indoor conditions - inside running is just giving up points.
   369. a 57i66135 with a grenade still has a grenade Posted: March 07, 2022 at 12:05 AM (#6066874)
uh, yeah....this. is something.
   370. a 57i66135 with a grenade still has a grenade Posted: April 28, 2022 at 11:08 AM (#6074149)
Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Mike Emeigh
for his generous support.

You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.

Hot Topics

Newsblog2022 NBA Playoffs thread
(3738 - 11:10am, Jul 02)
Last: Your favorite TFTIO, me!

NewsblogNation Unable To Enjoy Baseball Without Dozens Of Pitchers Hitting .124
(1 - 11:05am, Jul 02)
Last: Ziggy: social distancing since 1980

NewsblogRosenthal: Fernando Tatis Jr. open to position change? Plus MLB trade notes - The Athletic $
(1 - 10:39am, Jul 02)
Last: Pat Rapper's Delight (as quoted on MLB Network)

NewsblogNationals burned by quirky 'fourth-out rule' as Pirates score despite lining into inning-ending double play
(59 - 9:57am, Jul 02)
Last: Misirlou cut his hair and moved to Rome

NewsblogYankees looking for OF help with Aaron Hicks, Joey Gallo struggling
(15 - 9:49am, Jul 02)
Last: Ron J

NewsblogIndependence Day Weekend OMNICHATTER, for July 1-4, 2022
(16 - 9:34am, Jul 02)
Last: Dillon Gee Escape Plan

NewsblogOutfielder Austin Hays becomes sixth player in Baltimore Orioles history to hit for cycle
(3 - 2:04am, Jul 02)
Last: FernandoPoplar

NewsblogWhy Juan Soto’s Reported Extension Offer Is Not As Outlandish As It Might Seem
(20 - 11:54pm, Jul 01)
Last: Howie Menckel

NewsblogWhen do the Tigers and Royals have to admit that 'rebuilding' has turned into plain old losing?
(22 - 9:37pm, Jul 01)
Last: Howie Menckel

NewsblogRanking the home uniforms of all 30 MLB teams
(24 - 9:29pm, Jul 01)
Last: Joey Joe Joe Junior Felix Jose Cruz Junior

Sox TherapyHey Now
(15 - 9:06pm, Jul 01)
Last: Jose is Absurdly Correct but not Helpful

NewsblogBoston media explodes after Red Sox blow it without unvaccinated closer Houck
(91 - 7:53pm, Jul 01)
Last: Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant

NewsblogRob Manfred wants you to know: He doesn't hate baseball, he wants to save it
(46 - 7:35pm, Jul 01)
Last: Doug Jones threw harder than me

Sox TherapyNow That's A Road Trip
(46 - 7:15pm, Jul 01)
Last: Captain Joe Bivens, Pointless and Wonderful

NewsblogOMNICHATTER for Thursday, June 30, 2022
(16 - 4:47pm, Jul 01)
Last: Textbook Editor

Page rendered in 0.6588 seconds
45 querie(s) executed