Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Saturday, June 19, 2021

OT - Catch-All Pop Culture Extravaganza (June-August 2021)

Summertime, and the living’s easy — but knowing when your favorite shows return might not be. As the country and the entertainment industry gradually start to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic, here is Deadline’s annual list of summer premiere dates for new series and new seasons of returning shows. It covers more than 200 broadcast, cable and streaming series bowing from June 16 through mid-September in various dayparts but does not include specials or movies.

Lance Reddick! Lance him! Posted: June 19, 2021 at 05:42 PM | 3 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: movies, music, off-topic, television, whatever else belongs under the rubric of 'popular culture'

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. Lance Reddick! Lance him! Posted: June 19, 2021 at 05:47 PM (#6025184)
Trying a new format.
   2. Mellow Mouse, Benevolent Space Tyrant Posted: June 20, 2021 at 08:45 AM (#6025320)
I am enjoying Loki so far. Hopefully, it avoids the pattern of the other Marvel shows of building up and then at the end bailing out to have a big fight. I mean I expect a big fight, and I am not against it, but not as a substitute for actually finishing up the plots.
   3. Ben Broussard Ramjet Posted: June 20, 2021 at 02:46 PM (#6025351)
Yeah, Loki to me has struck a good balance early between 'generate mystery' and 'establish stakes', with the upside of great production design. And Hiddleston seems to be having fun, which is a good sign.

Went through We Are Lady Parts earlier today, which is a British 6-episode comedy about a female Muslim punk band in London. I was really impressed, after having bounced off the slightly similar Starstruck yesterday. It uses first-person voiceover and fantasy segments, including quite a fun cover of A Man of Constant Sorrow. And some of the band's songs, particularly "Voldemort Under My Headscarf" are quite clever. Scrubs meets Spaced meets Girls5eva? I don't know how accessible it is outside the UK.

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
Adam S
for his generous support.

You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.

Hot Topics

NewsblogShohei Ohtani has sore arm, might not pitch again this season
(5 - 9:08am, Sep 17)
Last: Ron J

NewsblogEmpty Stadium Sports Will Be Really Weird
(13941 - 8:53am, Sep 17)
Last: bunyon

NewsblogKC Royals ‘need to start thinking’ about a new stadium, possibly downtown, owner says
(54 - 8:44am, Sep 17)
Last: bunyon

NewsblogPrimer Dugout (and link of the day) 9-15-2021
(8 - 6:40am, Sep 17)
Last: Edmundo got dem ol' Kozma blues again mama

NewsblogIs it already time for another WEEKLY OMNICHATTER?, for September 13-16, 2021
(144 - 5:44am, Sep 17)
Last: TomH

NewsblogRyan Braun retires after 14 seasons
(28 - 2:17am, Sep 17)
Last: Fred Lynn Nolan Ryan Sweeney Agonistes

NewsblogDoes Javier Báez’s enigmatic nature make his impending free agency messier?
(16 - 10:56pm, Sep 16)
Last: Jose Is An Absurd Balladeer

NewsblogSeattle Mariners to host 2023 MLB All-Star Game, sources say
(1 - 8:01pm, Sep 16)
Last: Jeff Francoeur's OPS

Newsblog8th? BBTF Central Park Softball Game: SEPT 18, 2021
(211 - 7:08pm, Sep 16)
Last: sunday silence (again)

NewsblogThere are only about 3-to-5 candidates to run Mets -- here’s who we think they are
(11 - 6:33pm, Sep 16)
Last: Mayor Blomberg

Sox TherapyShrug
(153 - 5:23pm, Sep 16)
Last: Textbook Editor

NewsblogOT Soccer Thread - Transfer! Kits! Other Stuff!
(255 - 4:52pm, Sep 16)
Last: AuntBea odeurs de parfum de distance sociale

NewsblogPrimer Dugout (and link of the day) 9-16-2021
(3 - 2:22pm, Sep 16)
Last: Tom Nawrocki

NewsblogThe Storyteller of the White Sox
(15 - 1:40pm, Sep 16)
Last: Itchy Row

NewsblogThe Past, Present, and Future of International Scouting
(6 - 1:19pm, Sep 16)
Last: Jay Seaver

Page rendered in 0.2488 seconds