Baseball for the Thinking Fan

Login | Register | Feedback

btf_logo
You are here > Home > Baseball Newsstand > Discussion
Baseball Primer Newsblog
— The Best News Links from the Baseball Newsstand

Saturday, May 14, 2022

What’s New to Eat at Dodger Stadium, 2022 Edition (Eater LA)

From cocktails to desserts to chicken taquitos, these new dishes have something for everyone…

Dodger Stadium boasts plenty of fan food favorites to choose from, like the beloved traditional or plant-based Dodger Dog, garlic fries, the $21 michelada, or nachos in a mini baseball hat. Fans (who follow a few key rules) can even bring in outside food, either packed at home or picked up from local restaurants nearby. During the 2022 season — depending on the section — some new items are available for fans sporting Dodger blue or any team gear; let’s dig in.

I do have to give the Dodgers credit for revamping their food options in recent seasons. What once was just peanuts, Cracker Jacks, and soggy Dodger Dogs, now stadium concessions has really leaned into local gastronomy, embracing cuisine from Mexico, South Korea, and, uh… California Pizza Kitchen.

Food-wise, what’s happening at YOUR stadium?

Gold Star - just Gold Star Posted: May 14, 2022 at 09:32 PM | 11 comment(s) Login to Bookmark
  Tags: concessions, dodger stadium, dodgers, food, los angeles, los angeles dodgers, stadiums

Reader Comments and Retorts

Go to end of page

Statements posted here are those of our readers and do not represent the BaseballThinkFactory. Names are provided by the poster and are not verified. We ask that posters follow our submission policy. Please report any inappropriate comments.

1. Gold Star - just Gold Star Posted: May 14, 2022 at 10:48 PM (#6076763)
I'll be making my first visit to DS in three years this coming Wednesday, and will report back.
   2. Jay Seaver Posted: May 14, 2022 at 11:03 PM (#6076766)
Food-wise, what’s happening at YOUR stadium?

One of the closest spots to my 10-game package's seats is the "Fenway Test Kitchen", which has had some fun things that occasionally get added to the rotation but mostly don't because they tend to have more steps than a hot dog or sausage (plus, I swear, that's where Aramark puts the least-efficient people on staff). The last game had a chicken and waffle sandwich with maple-marinated pork belly. Not bad, although by the time I figured out the best way to hold it my hands were a bit sticky. My favorite thing they tried was pulled-pork sandwiches and burgers on King's Hawaiian buns.

They had loaded fries ("Stax") for a few years before Covid, but they were kind of "we think we can do poutine better by changing a few things" and it didn't work out so well.

Souvenir cups seem to have taken a hit in size this year, too.
   3. Gold Star - just Gold Star Posted: May 14, 2022 at 11:57 PM (#6076775)
"we think we can do poutine better by changing a few things"
Afraid to ask, but what things?
   4. Red Menace Posted: May 15, 2022 at 12:24 AM (#6076778)
Someday I’ll get over my intense aversion to people putting an ‘s’ on Cracker Jack. I should probably just shut up and eat my pop corns.
   5. geonose Posted: May 15, 2022 at 02:17 AM (#6076781)
#4 That's one of my pet peeves too, so you are not alone.
   6. Brian White Posted: May 15, 2022 at 08:06 AM (#6076782)
Yeah everyone should know that the proper way to pluralize it is "Crackers Jack".
   7. BDC Posted: May 15, 2022 at 09:12 AM (#6076787)
The BDC Dome has dead-plain generic food concessions with cutesy names like "Slugfest Sandwiches," "Bullpen BBQ," "Backstop Burger," "Go Deep Fried" … almost as if they think nobody has ever previously considered food in baseball-park contexts, or perhaps that they feel they have to keep reminding people what sport they are not watching as they go get food.

The Ballpark had all sorts of weird items named after Ranger players (the Beltre Buster burger, the Choomungous kimchi dog), and food based on the Texas State Fair custom of deep-frying random stuff, and a chicken-&-donuts stand, and a popcorn wagon and beer taps that pumped the beer up through the bottom of cups using magic magnets, and it was very stupid and probably some of the options were money-losers, but it had evolved a unique dizzy culture. The new dispensation seems to be designed by robots starting from a blank screen.

Beer selection is much sparser than BITD, mostly Karbach – a perfectly OK Houston brewery. I guess it did not help that the biggest Arlington craft brewer, Legal Draft, just went bankrupt. Legal Draft beers, not as good as Karbach but at least local, were in the Dome last year.
   8. Red Menace Posted: May 15, 2022 at 12:17 PM (#6076798)
And after posting 4 I clicked through on the $151 Braves burger article and was smacked in the face by the lyrics to Take Me Out to the Ballgame with the gaffe. This is my cross to bear.
   9. Jay Seaver Posted: May 15, 2022 at 05:44 PM (#6076846)
3 - It's been a couple years, but the shredded cheese didn't mix with the gravy as well as curds (or mozzarella, in a pinch) do, or they'd use cheap barbecue sauce in stead of gravy, and then there was this absolute monstrosity where they more or less dumped clam chowder over fries. It's actually kind of impressive how well classic Montreal poutine works for something that was legendarily just throwing crap together.
   10. tshipman Posted: May 15, 2022 at 07:13 PM (#6076872)
Yeah everyone should know that the proper way to pluralize it is "Crackers Jack".

For a brief period of time in 2003, I insisted that people should use the more correct RsBI.
   11. Gold Star - just Gold Star Posted: May 15, 2022 at 10:30 PM (#6076926)
Attorneys General

Crackers Jack

You must be Registered and Logged In to post comments.

<< Back to main

BBTF Partner

Dynasty League Baseball

Support BBTF

donate

Thanks to
dirk
for his generous support.

You must be logged in to view your Bookmarks.

Hot Topics

Newsblog2022 NBA Playoffs thread
(3315 - 9:27am, Jun 25)
Last: PJ Martinez

NewsblogCole Hamels Targeting 2023 Comeback
(1 - 8:41am, Jun 25)
Last: Starring Bradley Scotchman as RMc

NewsblogFormer MLB manager Art Howe in ICU due to the coronavirus
(5 - 6:46am, Jun 25)
Last: Captain Joe Bivens, Pointless and Wonderful

NewsblogMLB should consider adopting a mercy rule
(48 - 12:12am, Jun 25)
Last: The Ghost of Sox Fans Past

NewsblogWeekend OMNICHATTER for June 24-26, 2022
(34 - 12:06am, Jun 25)
Last: Snowboy

Newsblog696 games later, he gets his 1st at-bat, and well ...
(4 - 9:54pm, Jun 24)
Last: Starring Bradley Scotchman as RMc

NewsblogHere are the All-Star Ballot standings so far
(25 - 9:36pm, Jun 24)
Last: Walt Davis

NewsblogShohei Ohtani follows up career-high 8-RBI night with career-high 13 Ks
(51 - 9:06pm, Jun 24)
Last: Howie Menckel

NewsblogTexas Rangers trade Willie Calhoun to San Francisco Giants for Steven Duggar
(2 - 9:03pm, Jun 24)
Last: JJ1986

NewsblogMemo: MLB to require all teams to 'muddy' ball using exact same technique
(13 - 6:25pm, Jun 24)
Last: tshipman

NewsblogOMNICHATTER for Thursday, June 23, 2022
(44 - 5:17pm, Jun 24)
Last: ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick

NewsblogThe Yankees Are Keeping Pace With Their 1998 Powerhouse
(26 - 5:13pm, Jun 24)
Last: ERROR---Jolly Old St. Nick

NewsblogWhy Manny Ramirez says Derek Jeter would have been ‘just a regular player’ in Kansas City
(30 - 3:35pm, Jun 24)
Last: Bret Sabermatrician

NewsblogOutfielder Austin Hays becomes sixth player in Baltimore Orioles history to hit for cycle
(2 - 11:30am, Jun 24)
Last: John DiFool2

NewsblogPirates shortstop Oneil Cruz showcases all his skills in impressive season debut
(30 - 4:04am, Jun 24)
Last: Cooper Nielson

Page rendered in 0.2170 seconds
45 querie(s) executed